Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Found this on Reddit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Eh, Can is behind him...

In that photo, yes. Watching it live, Lovren joined the fray to celebrate... maybe it was more than a second or two then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope Ox takes Coutinho place in the Magnificent 4. Consistency equals class, something he failed to have at Arsenal. He needs to play well every time, like Salah, or Coutinho, or Messi. Not to their ability, but to his ability every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ohhh ohhh ohhh ohhh uh ohhh uh ohhh we've the best left back in the world! .......

Outstanding from Robertson tonight . In a game that ended 4-3 he was fantastic. Hes been excellent since hes been in the team so i hope klopp rewards that and continues to pick him. 8m, what a bargain.
    We went toe to toe with the best team in england and came out on top, fair play to pep and city , they nearly had us. But you just cannnot cope with the fab four when we're in that kind of mood.

Ox is our new drummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just realised we are last to play next weekend. Swansea away is Monday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Hope Ox takes Coutinho place in the Magnificent 4. Consistency equals class, something he failed to have at Arsenal.
    Arsenal should worry. Wenger is a great great manager, but his time looks up.
    Cech is heading towards 36yrs, haven't bought well in defense, midfield will ordinary when Ozil goes and Wilshere may go as well, and then up front they have their best player leaving.

When you consider what Klopp inherited, to what he has now, and not exactly a lot of money spent (saw someone post we are at -£30m net spend), it's a big reversal in both clubs fortunes.

Adding Keita in the summer, with hopefully a keeper and another CDF, and squeeze in another mid (Coutinho gone, Can leaving, Henderson injuries, Milner getting on) and we should improve (we'll need to cause City won't stand still, and you can see Utd/Chelsea look to spend to strengthen as well).

Whatever about the players, Klopp is the best signing we made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

We are lucky that there are a good few homegrown players coming from the academy. Sturridge, clyne, Flanagan and maybe milner are doubtful to be around next season and still we have no worries if we can get the young players to sign contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Again, not trying to teach you anything; but you keep ignoring this.
    For someone who says they stick to the positives, you sure do focus on negatives.

alas yes, the negatives - your posts.

hopefully you'll turn it around - you go guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can has been playing quite well the past few weeks. Credit where credit is due.

Wijnaldum is a bit of a swiss army knife, albeit an old one with the knife a little blunt. He can do bits of everything, but his cutting edge is a bit off this season.

He got through a tremendous amount of ground today and was key for us in a number of moments. He more or less shadowed KDB, something I never thought he was capable of prior to him joining.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    alas yes, the negatives - your posts.

hopefully you'll turn it around - you go guy!
    Still focused on negativity (said we’re all happy with the result, but you concentrate on other aspects) and contradicting yourself.
    So much for the self proclaimed optimistic.

• Advertisement

Some great analysis pulled from a reddit thread
    Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wijnaldum lined up as a two-man platform in the midfield, with Can sitting behind when City were playing out from the back.

As soon as City beat the press of the front three, and played the ball into the middle of the field, Can drove forward to press and Chamberlain and Wijnaldum dropped back, leaving Fernandinho having to deal with Can arriving at pace and having no space to get the ball in behind to de Bruyne.

The two goals came at the end when a tiring or possibly injured Can departed to be replaced by Milner. Milner doesn't have the legs to perform Can's role as a central shuttler, so the midfield rearranged to have Milner sitting behind a higher, squarer platform of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wijnaldum meaning that the half-spaces that Gundogan and de Bruyne thrive in appeared.

This meant that anyone driving forward with the ball was able to isolate the CB one on one, allowing City to get more players wider to spread the play enabling their combinations to come to the fore.

Apparently Can was sick all week and it's why he didn't last the game. Fair play to him tbh.

Knex. wrote: »

Apparently Can was sick all week and it's why he didn't last the game. Fair play to him tbh.

Shows also that a Can replacement in the summer is required. Can Keita perform this role or is he more offensive minded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just watched the highlights on MOTD2 1-0 up and our goalie, it doesn't matter which one, gets beaten at his near post. The arsenal game at Emirates, same thing, stupid goalie gets beaten by first shot at goal. Luckily they covered for Karius by scoring three quick fire goals and still nearly didn't win.

Still focused on negativity (said we’re all happy with the result, but you concentrate on other aspects) and contradicting yourself.
    So much for the self proclaimed optimistic.

You can't win, MM11. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Manchester City in the Premier League this season:

WDWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWLiverpool :pac:

You can't win, MM11. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
    I’m more than happy to let you continue in your own World. Enjoy.

The introduction of Milner/Lallana didn’t have the desired affect; City got on top and we didn’t take control when we had the ball. Credit to the mid 3 today, they all played very well against top opposition.

I’m more than happy to let you continue in your own World. Enjoy.

Now he gets it. That's the spirit.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    just watched the highlights on MOTD2 1-0 up and our goalie, it doesn't matter which one, gets beaten at his near post. The arsenal game at Emirates, same thing, stupid goalie gets beaten by first shot at goal. Luckily they covered for Karius by scoring three quick fire goals and still nearly didn't win.

Usual story: Goalkeeper/Lovren/Gomez at fault for the goals conceded. Gomez I'd forgive, because he's young and played out of position. But the others? Nah. I thought we needed a defensive-minded midfielder the most, but now I'm convinced its a secondary requirement after a new keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Were you impressed with the 4 goals we scored?

There was no more extra time and city didnt score a 4th.

This place would drive you nuts with some of the constant negativity - truly depressive.

18 games unbeaten and just after beating (until today) this seasons unbeaten highest scoring runaway league leaders.

This sh1t needs to stop.

Its called fcuking analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Some flaws are hard to pinpoint, teams go out there, do the right things and lose and lose again. Just ask Mark Hugh's.
    The thing with Liverpool is it's so dam obvious Karius is no good, or Mignolet, or Lovern who again dived under a cross for City's 3rd, that's why there is constant negativity even while we are in this run of amazing form. We all just want the obvious flaws removed as soon as asap as possible.

Inside Training: Andy Robertson prepares for Man City

V4IRkBc.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Inside Training: Andy Robertson prepares for Man City

V4IRkBc.gif

giphy.gif
    4519152+_a08068aebfee9c3a892747a0fd16e02e.gif
    golfclubs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Best match threads are when Liverpool almost throw away an unassailable lead, really brings out the mental in people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Best match threads are when Liverpool almost throw away an unassailable lead, really brings out the mental in people.

Or does it just bring out the normal in Liverpool fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone have a link to MOTD2? It didn't record for me last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Still buzzing.

I also agree with Klopp wholeheartedly. if you'd never watched football before, you'd watch that game and understand why we all watch so much of it.

So many games have been played in fear. Yesterday was two teams going at it with full confidence in their ability to attack.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

emmetkenny wrote: »

Try football origin site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

The Fab Four might be a thing of the past, but after that win last night it's time for The Avengers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Just a great game to watch. Looked like we were struggling to contain them, they came out second half with far more about them. Bobby scores and they had a mini melt down! (We understand that eh).

Shows when you go at a team with a bit of courage and fight what can happen.

A reminder for me though why it's sad we'll lose Can in the summer. Say what you like but i feel he is still better than Milner/Hendo/Gini in that middle role. He is a real athlete.

Gotta hand it to Robertson, really taking his chance with both hands. Not just the run at the keeper towards the end but his aggression in the tackle was impressive.

Lets hope we push on from here and it could be an exciting finish to the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

emmetkenny wrote: »

football highlights on reddit

A reminder for me though why it's sad we'll lose Can in the summer. Say what you like but i feel he is still better than Milner/Hendo/Gini in that middle role. He is a real athlete.
    The problem is he often doesn't play very well in that role. He might be the best when on form, but still reckon Henderson does it better more often than not; Can was good yesterday, but the entire mid and attack played well so made it easier.

Milner was particularly bad when he came on, no composure whatsoever. He's now 32yrs old, so with Can leaving, and Hendersons injuries; we'll need more than just Keita coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I am not sure if its been said enough on here, but Ox was truly excellent yesterday, and as a signing overall, I am happily surprised at how he has turned out. And I still think there is a lot more to come from him.

I am not sure if its been said enough on here, but Ox was truly excellent yesterday, and as a signing overall, I am happily surprised at how he has turned out. And I still think there is a lot more to come from him.

I loved his comments on whats different from Arsenal where he's now playing on instinct rather than instruction.

I think he's going to be a fantastic signing.

Also, as if this couldnt get any better:

https://twitter.com/football_bang/status/952619744590487553

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Probably been discussed to death so sorry for not scrolling back, but what a liability Gomez is. He's game but is just not learning - has been the fault of some big goals this year including the first by City yesterday... and was nearly caught again napping back post again when 4-1 up, he just switches off way too much.

Vicxas wrote: »

Ah lad, that's gotta be a rival fan taking the p!ss! :D

Either that or the poor chap has suffered a catastrophic brain injury at some point in his life.

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Probably been discussed to death so sorry for not scrolling back, but what a liability Gomez is. He's game but is just not learning - has been the fault of some big goals this year including the first by City yesterday... and was nearly caught again napping back post again when 4-1 up, he just switches off way too much.
    He's a CDF playing RB; so mistakes will happen (wouldn't go as far as call him a liability just yet). City and Arsenal were big misjudgments by him, but still reckon he's the best option at RB. TAA had a switch of moment in Europe as well this year, but both are excellent prospects with Clyne not really missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Migs is a decent keeper
    I don't think he is.
    He makes mistakes and doesn't pull off game winning saves.
    How often has he cost us points, and how many times have he saved us points?
    There's no upside to his game, and he's almost 30yrs, so not gonna get better.
    Hes not good enough for the top 6 but he'd easy get his game for about 10 teams in the Prem, so in that respect he is decent , Karius in my opinion is as bad a Frazer Forster tied as the worst keepers in the whole Prem ,

Vicxas wrote: »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd57LgfH3tX/

Utd fans have taken the recent Liverpool song very bad .... they seem to be obsessed by everything Liverpool do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He's a CDF playing RB; so mistakes will happen (wouldn't go as far as call him a liability just yet). City and Arsenal were big misjudgments by him, but still reckon he's the best option at RB. TAA had a switch of moment in Europe as well this year, but both are excellent prospects with Clyne not really missed.

The strange thing with Gomez is the mistakes he is making ARE the sort of things you would expect a CB to be good at.

I think at this stage he is a RB playing RB just not the sort we are accustomed to (more Gary Neville than Cafu)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

naughtb4 wrote: »

The strange thing with Gomez is the mistakes he is making ARE the sort of things you would expect a CB to be good at.

I think at this stage he is a RB playing RB just not the sort we are accustomed to (more Gary Neville than Cafu)
    I know it was a bad mistake but the wind yesterday was really really bad and not really noticed on the TV, that long ball he miss judge was all over the place, not making an excuse for him but it was that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

PhuckHugh wrote: »

Would definitely not call him a liability, he does a lot of good defensive work.

Do people really expect defenders to get to every ball every single time or not to be beaten by top class forwards like City have?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Would definitely not call him a liability, he does a lot of good defensive work.

Do people really expect defenders to get to every ball every single time or not to be beaten by top class forwards like City have?

The mistakes he is making are nearly all the same - he is not learning And they are all very preventable - namely by being aware and staying switched on.

He's (currently) the definition of a liability and you'd be calling him one if he played for another team.

'As he brushes his teeth this evening Sterling will no doubt find himself taking a sneaky look up in the mirror just to check that shape lurking by the bathroom door is not Andrew Robertson steaming out of the airing cupboard to make another sniping, raking challenge at his heels.' :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Could it finally be that everyone else FINALLY realises who the main man at Anfield is?

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Could it finally be that everyone else FINALLY realises who the main man at Anfield is?

Carra had a bit postmatch where he was saying he genuinely believed Firmino was first name on Klopp's team sheet, and how outside of Liverpool he is massively underrated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement