Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

When will people learn Karius is a bad goal keeper lets accept it and move on,
    Its not as if he is making the odd mistake that he can iron out of his game, he is literally poor at all aspects of goal keeping, He is yet to have a good game for us,
    Even when we don't concede he looks awful , he take an age to kick the ball or make any decision ,In 35 years of watching Liverpool he is the worst keeper iv seen for us,
    He never saves a shot unless its something rolling at him that's been hit from 35 yards,

Brad Jones was worse. But yes, Karius is shıt. Mignolet should be no.1 untill replacements for both can be found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Rumour has it Can announced in the changing room after yesterday games he's staying ,
    180k a week and 87 million buy out being banded about ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The better/senior players have to be close to breaking point with the keepers, probably already gone past it at this stage tbh. There's only so many times you can drag the team into a lead to watch the ball go through your keepers hands. If it's demoralising for us how must the players feel who are out there trying to win something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Rumour has it Can announced in the changing room after yesterday games he's staying ,
    180k a week and 87 million buy out being banded about ,

Credible source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Credible source?

26239528_2016192451739245_416721486688474307_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=402323bf63e8f12e81f10b6a43489e28&oe=5AB1A952

This post possibly?

See comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I have to say I don't really understand the hatred around the Salah, Mane Mane song...

180k a week and 87 million buy out being banded about ,

Credible source?
    Not yet just seems to be gathering legs,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not yet just seems to be gathering legs,

Moreno chiming in also, make ya wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rhian Brewster confirmed with ligament damage
    Liverpool's young World Cup-winning striker Rhian Brewster has suffered ankle ligament damage, it has been confirmed.

The 17-year-old was stretchered off receiving oxygen as the Reds' U23s played Manchester City on Friday night.

Brewster landed awkwardly after jumping for a header and the immediate scenes looking distinctly worrying.

The ECHO reported yesterday that nothing had been broken but the club has now confirmed he suffered a high ankle sprain with an initial diagnosis of ligament damage

In medical terms a "strained ligament" is a stretch or a tear.

Liverpool will make further assessments on the injury later this week.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-striker-rhian-brewster-confirmed-14156981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What a pity Giggs got the Welsh job. I would love to have seen him crash and burn at Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ebbsy wrote: »
    What a pity Giggs got the Welsh job. I would love to have seen him crash and burn at Utd.

Id equally enjoy it if he crashes and burn at Wales :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ward, Woodburn and Wilson (renowned firm of solicitors) will renounce their nationality! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I would prefer no buy out clause at all but happy for him to stay so lallana keita the ox gini can and hendo is pretty decent.

if the rumour from the instagram post its not true , Studge says fine then Karrrching , i think hes talkimg about Emre having an opem offee in the changing room aginst club rules ,
    He wouldnt announce it before it offical its just the lads having "banter " and ratting Emre out for breaking a rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Every Liverpool keeper gets Achterberged and nothing will change until he is removed from the staff.

Ya, I posted before I was at "An Evening with Bruce Grobbelaar" a while back and he reckoned that he was likely to blame too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

cjmc wrote: »
    Id equally enjoy it if he crashes and burn at Wales :)

Hopefully he'll enjoy as much success as Neville had at Valencia :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ebbsy wrote: »

Ryan Giggs is a legend, 13 premier league medals.

THIRTEEN

Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

bangkok wrote: »

THIRTEEN

Legend

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

THIRTEEN

Legend

And as a manager......which is what we are talking about. Jog on.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    And as a manager......which is what we are talking about. Jog on.

oh right.... goodluck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

oh right.... goodluck

Save the luck for Giggs, he's going to need it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

oh right.... goodluck

Sure now that you are in here you might as well tell us how you think Giggs will do at Wales?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

THIRTEEN

Legend

Don't sell the man short-here's his full list of honours:

Premier League (13):
    FA Cup (4):
    Football League Cup (3):
    FA Community Shield (9):
    UEFA Champions League (2):
    UEFA Super Cup (1):
    Intercontinental Cup (1):
    FIFA Club World Cup (1):
    Brother's Wife (1):

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

87 million is a bit low in todays market, but better than him going on a free I suppose.

• Advertisement

A €100m buyout clause would be a decent clause in Can's contract for both him and the club to tie him down for 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I hope we don't sign Butland. Not good enough either.

Allison in the a small bit I have seen looks excellent & he is ahead of Ederson with Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The buyout fee is only one part of the problem. Lets say someone activates it with an hour to go on deadline day, no comeback there....hell, even a week into the window and we could be in trouble with the way we are some times. The summer window for example, it finishes before the first league game for English clubs, a non English club activates the clause and we wont be able to replace as the window is shut.....

I'd be in favour in agreeing those terms with Can, but a precedent may be set.......its a slippery road after that.

Sure now that you are in here you might as well tell us how you think Giggs will do at Wales?

international management is handy enough, he should do fine

Benzino wrote: »
    87 million is a bit low in todays market, but better than him going on a free I suppose.

what would pogba be worth now??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

international management is handy enough, he should do fine

If he does really well, he might get a gig at a struggling Championship outfit after. Something to aim for.

If he does really well, he might get a gig at a struggling Championship outfit after. Something to aim for.

or he might get a good premier league club

or he might get a good premier league club

Or he might be shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

going on performances and not reputation,

bout 50 mill considering hes young.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Lets not open that can of worms :pac:

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Utd should take the hand off anyone who offered that for him the way he has performed.

Surely he is by far the biggest waste of money in football memory - including carroll, and I dont say that lightly.

Maybe 30m would be a fair price.

Oblak was offered a trial at Liverpool when he was 16.
    A series of spectacular performances for Olimpija Ljubljana’s youth teams attracted the attention of several European sides, with Liverpool inviting him for a trial. But an untimely injury scuppered his hopes of being offered a move to Merseyside,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/05/slovenia-jan-oblak-england

ardinn wrote: »
    Utd should take the hand off anyone who offered that for him the way he has performed.

Surely he is by far the biggest waste of money in football memory - including carroll, and I dont say that lightly.

deluded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Please don't start this, it will end in tears, as bad as Liverpool fans disagreeing this could be painful, and by starting this ye are inviting them and fair game so I think I will stay clear anyway

• Advertisement

Don't know. Don't really care.

Maybe go to some other thread and ask there, why ask in this thread?:confused:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Don't know. Don't really care.

Maybe go to some other thread and ask there, why ask in this thread?:confused:

because i had a look in here and ye were talking about giggs and man utd. thought i was in united thread

because i had a look in here and ye were talking about giggs and man utd. thought i was in united thread

:pac::pac::pac: sure you did fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

deluded

Why would you, a pool fan, care anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It clearly isn’t the United thread, there hasn’t been a word mentioned about Coutinho or Van Dijk all day. Jog on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If not lightly is it cluelessly or simply in jest?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The thing I really liked about yesterdays performance is that City just could not live with us for those 80 minutes. I also think the performance should give the players renewed confidence for the Champions League- if we had of being playing Real or Barca yesterday and put in that level of performance we would have beaten them too. Of course the CL is over two legs but if we have the legs for those type of performances the top teams are going to find it very hard to live with us. I would not be shocked to see Liverpool reach a semi and after that who knows where it could lead.

Also while the players put in an amazing shift I dont think it has even been mentioned that tactically Klopp and Buvac had Pep in their back pocket yesterday. It started off with the high press by Bobby, Mane and Salah on their back 4 and then when the ball got rushed through to Citys midfield Can was there like a terrier closing them down and disrupting their play. As a result of Cans shift more often than not City could not get the ball to de Bruyne and if you can stop de Bruyne playing then you can stop City. None of this happened by accident, Klopp deliberately targeted the supply chain to de Bruyne and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mignolet a decent PL keeper before joining us.
    Karius one highly rated keeper in the Bundesliga before joining us.
    Ward went away on loan and was one of the best keepers in the Championship.

Reina's decline was halted after he left the club.

Jones went on to win the Eredivisie.
    Gulacsi has gone on to be one of the top keepers in the Bundesliga.

What links them all.

Achterberg when they move away from his coaching they get better.

Doni was a good keeper in Serie A but health issues there nothing to do with Achterberg.

Now the issue here is Rafa hired him, Roy, Kenny, Rodgers and Klopp have all kept him on and they all know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us but looking in from the outside Achterberg seems to be the common denominator in all our goalkeeping issues.

I'm not sure this is a fair argument... at least in some respects.

Ward has never really played for us in any capacity, so there's no conclusion to be drawn from him. He did really well for us underage, and then did really well on loan... and that's all there is for his story so far.

Gulacsi got better with age. He didn't become brilliant immediately.. he, like most goalkeepers, matured and improved from a solid base, and stepped up his game from around 26 onwards.

Jones is hard to judge with us... was never more than a backup option really, barely played. Made some howlers, in one-off appearances but had some very good performances in there too. Back in his last season with us, in December, he took Mig's spot after all, and did very well, until he got an injury that put him out for months. Played 4 straight games, lost the first to Utd away, and won the rest.

I find it a bit hard to believe that coaching made Reina worse... what dropped with him was concentration levels. But he was still quite good for us - certainly always a level higher than Mig. It was his histrionics about joining Barca that was his major issue. And I really don't think he's been as good as you intimate... he still shows his lapses in concentration, but I don't think he's faced with the same pressure he had at liverpool, so they don't cost the team as often.

As for Karius, unless Achterberg is literally giving him carpet beatings on a daily basis, I can't see how coaching would have resulted in him being as terrified and terrible as he is now.

I'm not saying Achterberg is not an issue - and even if he isn't, clubs need fresh blood and fresh ideas every few years anyway, so wouldn't be a bad idea to try someone new regardless.

But it's dangerous to point at a supposed common denominator like that and blame it for everything. We have yet to hear a single thing from anyone actually involved in the club that isn't positive about him. Every negative comment comes from people who aren't there, and don't actually know. Who don't see what he actually does day to day. None of these keepers who have left in that time - and there have been many over the past 9 years - have ever said "yeah that Achterberg guy was a disaster for me".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Look at Bravo at City last year. Loads of talk of how he was good on the ball, quick to react and come off his line etc. Nobody realised that he couldn't actually save anything until it became so obvious. It's like all the extraneous modern day requirements of goalkeeping were more important than actually keeping the ball out of the net. They are important of course, but the number one requirement of any goalkeeper should always be to have the ability to make saves. Karius hasn't show this at all.

He's like making do with an ipod touch instead of an iphone.

Sure, he can kind of do a bunch of the same stuff, but at the end of the day, he can only get you online some of the time, and he can't make ****in phone calls.
    NukaCola wrote: »
    The buyout fee is only one part of the problem. Lets say someone activates it with an hour to go on deadline day, no comeback there....hell, even a week into the window and we could be in trouble with the way we are some times. The summer window for example, it finishes before the first league game for English clubs, a non English club activates the clause and we wont be able to replace as the window is shut.....

I'd be in favour in agreeing those terms with Can, but a precedent may be set.......its a slippery road after that.

The buyout clauses usually have a deadline for that reason though... like that whole Fellaini thing... Utd went in for him only after his buyout clause timed out for the window, and had to pay more.

Pogba is a ****ing brilliant player, in a team not set up to get the best out of him. Put him in our team, or City's, and he would be unbelievable. I'd have him ahead of any of our CM's in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I actually had the pleasure of meeting Robertson after the game yesterday.

I was stuck around Anfield a few hours after the game as I'd sadly lost my wallet in one of the pubs around Anfield beforehand, was waiting for them to die down before I went around asking the barmen if anything had been handed in, no luck!

Eventually got to the point of desperation where the first thing I actually said to Robertson was "have you a few euro for a taxi? I'm badly stuck."

To which he replied; "No, but I've Sterling in my pocket if that will do ya!?"

I'm sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement