Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Marko Grujic has joined Cardiff City on loan. Chasing promotion so he will have his work cut out to establish himself there but fingers crossed he can.

The club turned down interest from PL clubs to ensure he would be a starter according to the Echo piece.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-midfielder-marko-grujic-joins-14167846.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Inter Milan interested in Daniel Sturridge

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/953633272617029632

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Apparently he is back together with her as well :eek:
    So what first attracted and then kept you attracted to a s(umbag that kicked you in the head.

Unfortunately this is so very common for domestic violence sufferers. One last chance, he can change etc. etc. Hopefully she comes to her senses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Sturridge to Inter? Interesting. Probably offering €23 and a second hand copy of Spyro the Dragon for PS1 in a cracked case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Inter Milan won't offer much money will they? They went on a massive spending spree a couple of summers ago so not sure if they are exactly flush with cash. Typical Italian hoping for a loan deal?

Good deal for Danny tho. Slower pace league, and a nice city to live in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I hope he enjoys the winter fog. Or is that Turin?

Liverpool have nothing to lose even loaning Sturridge out and even paying part or most of his wages to be honest.

He stays at Liverpool he doesn't play anyway and still gets paid.

At least if he goes to another and plays he is in the shop window for the summer.

If he goes on loan and gets injured at the other club (Highly Likely) they at least will have to pay for his medical treatments there.

Win, Win, Win from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What exactly is Sturridge's main injury?

Grayditch wrote: »

This is only upto 2015.

f9JngcO.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Glass.

/Sorry couldn't resist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not sure about this, that leaves us with Bobby, Solanke and Ings. An injury to Bobby leaves us with Ings and Solanke. That's rather light.

Granted Salah and Mane would probably have no problem slotting in....but that then leaves us digging into our light enough set of midfielders.

His body his brain and his soul.

The best thing ever would be selling Sturridge and buying Kevin Volland. He'd be perfect for Firmino obviously and the squad generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Someone posted the full list in the last page or two - You get an idea from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Grujic has gone on loan to Cardiff, it'll do him good to get regular games,there's a decent player in there somewhere

Just realised Grujic will be managed by Colin. :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/287540-roberto-firmino-liverpool-s-no-9

Becoming our new front man not just on pitch but off it, it seems. The face of what liverpool is about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If we keep pushing Firmino front and centre, now that Coutinho is gone we are going to attract interest in him. Stock rose against City, a game watched world wide, not just by the fans of the teams involved, but by everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Last year there were rumours of him joining AC Milan and in December there were stories of his agent touting him to several Italian clubs. Inter are probably the only ones to show an interest.

Sturridge is now entering the final 18 months of the contract he signed at the end of the 2013/14 season. It's time to move him on if the club want to recoup a reasonable fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Talisman wrote: »
    Last year there were rumours of him joining AC Milan and in December there were stories of his agent touting him to several Italian clubs. Inter are probably the only ones to show an interest.

Sturridge is now entering the final 18 months of the contract he signed at the end of the 2013/14 season. It's time to move him on if the club want to recoup a reasonable fee.

I'd even let him go on a free at the end of the season tbh , maybe a move would be good for him to restart his career and well 120,000 a week could be given or used to get the likes of firmino and some of the other players a pay rise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ricero wrote: »

Sure why would he leave, he probably hadn't got his food yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Report said he kicked her in the body. She refused to file a complaint herself.

It was a witness from a balcony who called to police and they followed up the CCTV footage.

Flanagan is scum for this - would back the club 100% for sacking him. I lived for ten years with a stepfather who beat my mum, myself and brother. She somehow stuck it out but left after she found the courage. I hope Flanagan's partner finds it one day soon or bruises will be the least of the poor girl's worries. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

26907068_10155926026226132_4245818654501517817_n.png?oh=2325a7e0be77d084e0c1871af2e0df5a&oe=5AFC7E2C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would keep Sturridge unless a good bid came in (25m+) or we got another forward option in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ciano35 wrote: »
    26907068_10155926026226132_4245818654501517817_n.png?oh=2325a7e0be77d084e0c1871af2e0df5a&oe=5AFC7E2C

Where'd you get this? Not on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

When I'm Liverpool Manchester City Edition

Drop it

https://imgtc.com/w/59mKCC6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

noodler wrote: »

Empire of the Kop on Facebook

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It was the one going to be published until Cyrille Regis died and he did one on him instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

ricero wrote: »

Manna from heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sanchez getting over 400K a week from United. And his agent getting 10M.

Some pension fund for both of them in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Crazy money. He will seriously improve United though - he's an incredible player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Pushing on 30 now , id gladly leave the fab trio in place. I don't think he would get in the team ahead of any of those and also when he gets annoyed he wil just down tools

Tusky wrote: »
    Crazy money. He will seriously improve United though - he's an incredible player.

Probably for a year or two yes but that contract will not look so great once Sanchez starts declining. Sure Jose will probably be gone by then anyway so he won't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Pushing on 30 now

He turned 29 less than a month ago

Cracking players who will make us even better. I honestly don't care about the money

I reckon Sanchez at 32 won't be too bad barring disaster. He'll sell plenty jerseys too.

Utd with an in form Sanchez for the next season or two will be hard for LFC to finish ahead of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It’s the sport cartoonist from the Guardian.

He’s brilliant, give yourself an hour and just trawl through his previous stuff.

Squires is the surname can’t remember his first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's ok to sign a player close to 30 or just over its not Logan's Run, it's professional football.

tumblr_o9vs2d7kY71rvcjd7o8_250.gif

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's ok to sign a player close to 30 or just over its not Logan's Run, it's professional football.

tumblr_o9vs2d7kY71rvcjd7o8_250.gif

Of course. Not usually on those kind of wages though. Well unless they are Messi or Ronaldo.

That said United can afford it and don't really care about resale value so why not is probably their thinking I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would keep Sturridge unless a good bid came in (25m+) or we got another forward option in.

There’s no real benefit for the club in this move. Inter won’t pay much of his wages and they can’t afford to buy him at the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Of course. Not usually on those kind of wages though. Well unless they are Messi or Ronaldo.

That said United can afford it and don't really care about resale value so why not is probably their thinking I'm sure.

The wages are crazy but I often get the feeling in here that people don't see the value in signing or keeping older players.
    Often there's talk of no resale value and the like. That's irrelevant if the player does a job for us.
    Never forget Gary Mc.
    Heck even Toure was a decent signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sanchez offers exactly what Utd need though. Their actual plan is intrinsically negative. The tactics they employ are specifically to stop others playing. And then Jose leaves it up to the attackers to just do something. Given a free role like that, there's not many better than Sanchez to just run around and cause trouble.

400 grand a week for an unproven player is crazy imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd say the hardest part of that 180m deal is getting Mkhitaryan into an Arsenal jersey.

Turtyturd wrote: »

They have money to burn. Their wages/turnover ratio is the best in the league. So if that's what gets him there, and earns them the points they need to keep second at a time when they've looked like dropping off, it looks like money well spent.

I'd say the hardest part of that 180m deal is getting Mkhitaryan into an Arsenal jersey.

Maybe he can recover from being Mourinhoed at United. Has to be a good player in there somewhere but he hasn't shown very much in English football yet.

Not sure Wenger has it any more though. And they have bigger problems apart from just replacing Sanchez.

Apart from klavan (and Manninger) every signing made under Klopp has been 25 or younger I think. He doesn't appear to be interested in investing in players who have a promising future behind them.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    They have money to burn. Their wages/turnover ratio is the best in the league. So if that's what gets him there, and earns them the points they need to keep second at a time when they've looked like dropping off, it looks like money well spent.

You’re supposed to go ‘unproven? :eek:’

Then I go well he’s unproven as a defender and that’s what Mourinho’s going to try turn him into.

It’s a classic Mourinho short term signing tbh. Buying the likes of Pogba and Lukaku for the long term hasn’t worked. I reckon he knows next year is his last tilt at the title if he can hold it together and avoid a Mourinho season so he’ll splash big money on big names to try and win the title and leave cleaning up the sh!t to whoever comes in next. Hopefully he brings ‘Ronnie’ ‘home’ for big money too.

Maybe he can recover from being Mourinhoed at United. Has to be a good player in there somewhere but he hasn't shown very much in English football yet.

Not sure Wenger has it any more though. And they have bigger problems apart from just replacing Sanchez.

I've absolutely no doubt he'll be fine within a month or two at a new club. 2 years ago he was pulling up trees at Dortmund. Then Utd bought him and didn't play him for 4 months. Until they did, and he was unreal for a while in a spell where they actively attacked. Since then, he's just been used so badly. He's a player who needs to work within a system of players making runs ahead of him. But more often than not, he gets the ball, and there's no-one ahead of him or in space.

He'll thrive again in any team with an attack minded plan. I'd take him in a second as a Coutinho replacement, if they'd sell to us (which they wont).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Definitely not happy with United signing a player of Sanchez's ability, puts a dent in our chances of over taking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Turtyturd wrote: »

Its not at all in fairness.

Sanchez is a complete beast and improves utd literally by 100% I'd be very worried about how much they kick on for the rest of the season and into 2018/19

Some Serious talent in the man!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement