Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rob316 wrote: »
    Shut the **** up lads about United.

On another note I'm going over for the West Brom game, I usually stay in the centre but could only get 12th Man Accomodation. It's alrite is it?

I haven't stayed in it but I heard it does the job. It's not the Ritz but it's somewhere to put the head down.

I've just boxed tickets for this myself but won't be staying over. The late kick-off actually suits me with the boat as by the time the game is over and I collect the car and drive to Holyhead, it'll be time to get on the 2am sailing back, instead of the usual waiting around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

You'd wonder how these things take so long. There's literally only about 3 or 4 people they need to talk to.
    Paid by the hour, drag it out.
    Probably dropping some notes on an expensive solicitor to draft the eventual communications as well.
    Jobs for the boys.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You'd wonder how these things take so long. There's literally only about 3 or 4 people they need to talk to.

The longer it goes on, the more I think there will be a bad outcome for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

5starpool wrote: »
    The longer it goes on, the more I think there will be a bad outcome for us.

No new evidence as far as im aware. They can't charge him based on what holgate says he said. Particularly when the ref was in the middle of them and heard nothing

No new evidence as far as im aware. They can't charge him based on what holgate says he said. Particularly when the ref was in the middle of them and heard nothing

The FA do what they like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its a two way street, it is worrying that we didn't;t get a replacement but on the other hand I like that we wont panic,
     I pray we have a massive summer with some targets already in the bag, Id love to see Can sign a new contract this month it would have a great feel good factor,
    if I was him I'd be holding out till after the world cup .,His stock could rise massively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Sorry about the attachment on the phone but honestly after seeing this Henderson should not be an automatic starter when back to full fitness. I would leave Emre in the team ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The FA do what they like.
    They'll take their time and wait for the evidence to support their case to emerge.

It took months after the court case for them to conduct their investigation into the Ferdinand/Terry incident. Their process is a joke - Ashley Cole and a senior member of the Chelsea staff changed their original statements and contradicted the evidence they gave in a court of law - the FA allowed it because it suited the case to just give Terry a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

C'mere, the sheer ****ing size of VVD

DT1FJzkX0AEKnEW.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would start Ings & Sturridge up front against West Brom in the cup.

A good game to give them a chance & both up front together should ease the burden of playing up front on there own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would start Ings & Sturridge up front against West Brom in the cup.

A good game to give them a chance & both up front together should ease the burden of playing up front on there own.

I wouldn't. We have to see the FA Cup as a realistic chance of silverware and go for it.

No point starting two attackers who have either never or barely played together and both would be a risk of breaking down in the game and having to use two subs for striker positions!

If it was a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower league team I'd consider it but not against West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Klopps usage of the squad this season. Mo and Bobby the main men. Im surprised by the amount of minutes for Gomez. Lot of exposure for him this season. Getting a lot of experience, hopefully he's learning from his mistakes already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Jamie Carragher will be in Dolans Limerick on Friday 11 May 2018.

It's not on the 5times website yet.

But I, for one, will be going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

And Killarney on the 20 April in the INEC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Mr.H wrote: »
    20 million sign on fee and it's a 4 and a half year contract. Just keeps getting more insane.

Mercenary. Arsenal are better off without him. He could have gone to city to be in with a chance of a treble but instead is chasing cash

He didn't turn city down,they wouldn't pay 35m for him,it was city backed out

Sorry about the attachment on the phone but honestly after seeing this Henderson should not be an automatic starter when back to full fitness. I would leave Emre in the team ahead of him.

Neither should be starters imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

shamrock55 wrote:

They would have signed him only for his agent wanting 10 or 15 mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

shamrock55 wrote: »

He could have waited til the summer.

City still represent the best chance for silverware next season as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I think they will drag it out till after the transfer window closes and then they will ban him (even though he's not guilty). I have my tinfoil hat on and think their is some sinister force working in the bavkground against the pool. Sakho getting banned for diet pills tgat weren't even illegal when we shouldbhave won the uefa cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

noodler wrote:
    City still represent the best chance for silverware next season as well.

They will probably buy a centre midfielder, centre back & striker in the summer the poor peasants. The former two will probably be big signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bascombe saying Sturridge to move on loan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/18/liverpool-reluctant-let-danny-ings-leave-daniel-sturridge-verge/

Considering I don't think we will bring anyone in I think we should keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He won’t be missed. He hasn’t contributed anything in the last 18 months. The drawback is that a loan to the retirement league doesn’t benefit anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roma are interested in Sturridge maybe some sort of deal can be done €50m and Sturridge for Alisson.

We would be robbing them again with that deal just like we robbed them on Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Does anyone think that woodburn will make a significant appearance before the end of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/18/liverpool-reluctant-let-danny-ings-leave-daniel-sturridge-verge/

Both Ings and Sturidge deserve to play football, it's crazy how both are not playing. There are far far worse strikers starting games every week in the Premier League. Selling now though is silly, unless we are planing on treating Firmino like a no good mule until end of season. Firmino needs rest, he's not a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Both Ings and Sturidge deserve to play football, it's crazy how both are not playing. There are far far worse strikers starting games every week in the Premier League.

It's not that crazy, their legs didn't work for 2 years. Now they do, thankfully.

City now linked with Can. Pep saw something he liked on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Baffles me that we would send 2 strikers on loan in the same season while the back up has either never scored for the club or hasn't scored for 2 and a half years.

Bonkers decision making without cast iron incoming.

• Advertisement

That article says that Flanagan won't be sacked and has another 18 months on his contract. You'd wonder why on both counts.

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's not that crazy, their legs didn't work for 2 years. Now they do, thankfully.

Sturridge has missed as much matches as a result of not been picked as he has through injury. Ok probably not as much, but a lot . I recall so many games he's sat on bench and didn't come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

brevity wrote: »
    Does anyone think that woodburn will make a significant appearance before the end of the season?

Depends on Sturridge leaving and no one coming in I suppose, hopefully he'll get a few appearances in the FA Cup and maybe the run in if Liverpool still have an interest in the CL

That article says that Flanagan won't be sacked and has another 18 months on his contract. You'd wonder why on both counts.

Klopp I would imagine. He loves a come back does Klopp. He's a big Rocky fan. I can imagine the tears Flanagan has shed in front of him, and I can imagine Klopp telling him it's all going to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

daithijjj wrote:
    Baffles me that we would send 2 strikers on loan in the same season while the back up has either never scored for the club or hasn't scored for 2 and a half years.

With this Firmino FA hearing aswell I'd wait to hear how that goes just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd imagine there's some contract issues meaning Flanagan can't be sacked without some sort of big payout, the club are hardly just sweeping the issue under the rug to keep a lad who can't make the bench around. Doubt he'll ever play for the club again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its some turnaround for the "Scouse Cafu"

thumb_6307_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Edit: With Flanagan, Mignolet and Sturridge looking like they'll be moving elsewhere, thats just leaves Henderson as the remainder of the 2013/14
    nearly men.

Thats a fairly quick change in personnel at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hope we loan Sturridge to Newcastle. They're actually playing ok stuff, just have horrifically bad strikers. He'd keep them up. Rafa's quite good with getting the best out of that type of striker too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Its some turnaround for the "Scouse Cafu"

We've got Robertson Carlos now so it's all good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We've got Robertson Carlos now so it's all good

He's been class and long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Hope we loan Sturridge to Newcastle. They're actually playing ok stuff, just have horrifically bad strikers. He'd keep them up. Rafa's quite good with getting the best out of that type of striker too.

I think this would be a better move for all concerned. If he played it would be at a better level than in Italy and if Newcastle get bought over they might splash the cash during the summer. Only concern would be his mentality, could he handle the pressure of being their main man or would he soon be out injured again?

• Advertisement

Have we signed oblak yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Oblak yesterday balok tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Can't understand why we don't seem to be trying to sign Jean-Michael Seri. Looks like he's available for £35 million. Apparently City, Utd and PSG after him. Barcelona failed with a bid last year. Why try to keep Can when Seri is so much better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

The club seem to be targeting players who want to come to Liverpool, there is media reports that Liverpool are interested in seri but united seem to be the favourites to sign him. I presume that they weigh up their chances of succeeding in signing the player before getting into a bidding war with little chance of success. Liverpool are also being linked with James Rodriguez but I can't see any point in that either as I doubt it is his preferred club

I finished watching Kenny this morning on the way into work. I had something stuck in my eye for the last 30 minutes. Powerful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I finished watching Kenny this morning on the way into work. I had something stuck in my eye for the last 30 minutes. Powerful stuff.

Is it online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is it online?

You can watch it on amazon.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is it online?

It is available in online sources, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0