Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oh will you stop. You know perfectly well what the circumstances are, what the budget context is and what Klopp is like waiting for the right players. So quit your jibber-jabber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Even when we had Coutinho another striker/attacking player could have been added. It wasn't a priority but wouldn't have been disappointed to have another.

For the 3 attacking options we need to have 4/5 guys pushing each other for those spots. If one gets annoyed that he's not getting game time he either proves he deserves the spot or you move him on and replace him with another who you think can push/improve upon what you have.

Standing still leads to going backwards in sports and in this case we've gone backwards losing Coutinho. Need to try make a forward move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

ricero wrote: »
    Starting to think the coutinho money was spent on keita and van dijk. If we sign nobody this window then its further evidance i feel.

Backup just not good enough for a team with our aspirations entering the buisness end of the season. An injury to one of salah, mane or firmino and we will struggle for top 4.

I don't believe they did but if this was the case, then that's some good business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mane missed a large amount of the second half of the season last year and we still made top 4. We had Coutinho then but we didn't have Salah or van Dijk. We're not a one man team.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is it online?

Cartoon hd

Mane missed a large amount of the second half of the season last year and we still made top 4. We had Coutinho then but we didn't have Salah or van Dijk. We're not a one man team.

It came down to the final day though if I'm remembering correctly. Just because it happened last year doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing all we can to guarantee it this year/give it our best shot.

Fromvert wrote: »
    It came down to the final day though if I'm remembering correctly. Just because it happened last year doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing all we can to guarantee it this year/give it our best shot.

I'm not too pushed about the league to be honest, winners qualify automatically anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The whole point is that the loan club already has a good idea of the player they are bringing in and is therefore willing to agree to the terms. If they didn't think he could offer something then they'd say no thanks. While for Liverpool if a club doesn't guarantee the game minutes for a player who has a decent level of experience under his belt there's just no point in the loan.

Aye I don't doubt that, the player still has to show the right attitude towards the opportunity however. I guess though that is indicative by the fact he's willing to go out on loan in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:
    Starting to think the coutinho money was spent on keita and van dijk. If we sign nobody this window then its further evidance i feel.

The position we're in makes it difficult to bring in anyone for a sane fee. I expect we'll pick someone up in the summer probably likely to be a younger player like Malcom rather than Lemar who is worth far less than 90 million tbh.

DT5xps8XkAA-9U5.jpg:large

Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

...I'll never complain about the squad again.

Good times.

Lack of good hair (or any hair) in that team was what let them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Kyriakos has more hair than the rest of the team put together

Good times.

If any, ANY premier league first XI looked that bad in 2018 we'd all be pointing and laughing at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Who is between Shelvey and Carragher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

huey1975 wrote: »
    Who is between Shelvey and Carragher?

Konchesky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Would be nice to get a new player in considering we've sold Coutinho but it looks unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

liverpool_0.jpg?itok=1HGMWv0i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Good times.

I love how half the players are looking around, almost like they're trying to figure out who each of them is as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Good times.

The make a wish squad.

jasonb wrote: »
    I love how half the players are looking around, almost like they're trying to figure out who each of them is as well...

Glen Johnson's glare speaks of contempt for....whoever that is looking at....whoever that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I thought that was a charity match thing for a while lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Not mad about this insistence that a loanee starts. Should have to earn it as like the rest of the team has to.

Anything that compels that dinosaur Warnock to do something at our fucking bidding is good with me.

Was going to ask who was manager.....and then I saw Konchesky.

EDIT the unfortunate thing is that a lot of those players were Rafa's. Still makes me sad to think how things ended for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Glen Johnson's glare speaks of contempt for....whoever that is looking at....whoever that is.

Ngog's and Jovanovic's seeming dislike for each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yup I agree.

And I don't believe that we need to sell Sturridge to free up wages for a new player. We are just after getting over a 100 million in cash up front from the Countinho sale.

I don't think the up front cash is anything like that much. It's guaranteed 100m, but not up front. I believe its spread over 4 or 5 years, along with the accrued add ons as they become active. Doubt there's much more than 30m up front.

I'm nearly sure I read or heard somewhere that he has to leave China and is available for a cut-price fee. i just can't remember where I heard that. i was excited when we were linked to him before but it just depends on if he has regressed in China.

I know it's not a great league, but at least he was scoring goals there anyway. 1 in 2 record there for the past season. At the right price, could be a great acquisition, especially as it wouldn't be necessary for him to come straight into the starting lineup. Could be given time to get up to speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I don't think the up front cash is anything like that much. It's guaranteed 100m, but not up front. I believe its spread over 4 or 5 years, along with the accrued add ons as they become active. Doubt there's much more than 30m up front.

I know it's not a great league, but at least he was scoring goals there anyway. 1 in 2 record there for the past season. At the right price, could be a great acquisition, especially as it wouldn't be necessary for him to come straight into the starting lineup. Could be given time to get up to speed.

Really? I thought it was 100 million or so up front and the rest was add ons related to appearances and such. Any links to the upfront cash spread out over 4or 5 years? Genuinely interested as that makes it an even worse deal than I initially thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

From what I read of it, it was 100 mil or so upfront and the rest will be paid over time incl addons as they become active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Aye, always assumed phased payments were the norm.

Although Barca did have the cash in theory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Phased payments are the norm but if barca wanted him LFC were demanding 100 mil of the payment upfront. I take that to mean we now have 100 mil from them already and the rest will be phased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I think we are ok for attacking players,what we really need for now is a keeper, a cb to partner vd, and a midfield/ cdm player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Good times.

Could ye help me out lads?

Reina, ??, ??, Ngog?, ??, Kyriakos

Spearing, Jonjoe, Konchesky, Carragher, Johnson.

tinpib wrote: »

Meireles Jovanovic and Poulson if I have it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Mirralles,jovanovic,poulsen

Meireles! It's imortant not to mix those up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

You know "thinking" something isn't evidence it actually is the case right? You can't have "further evidence" if you don't have some other initial evidence to build your hypothesis on!!

Why oh why is there there no Friday night football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Why oh why is there there no Friday night football?

Ya, have championship on here. Would be great of prem lg had a regular Friday night game. Well, really, I wish the prem lg was like Spain. Every game on telly.

Ya, have championship on here. Would be great of prem lg had a regular Friday night game. Well, really, I wish the prem lg was like Spain. Every game on telly.

It would be if you knew how to subscribe to an IPTV service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who assembled that ****hole of a team .

Who assembled that ****hole of a team .

Hybrid of Roy's vision and the rag order the squad was in when Rafa left (Not that I blame him). Easy to forget Jovanovic was actually a Rafa signing on a free....just never played for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Rafa would have got more out of Jovanovic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

All I'll remember Jovanovic for in 37 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If sturridge is to leave and we are being frugile again in the transfer market then i would consider calling back origi. Ings and solanke are not good enough imo. I will given solanke the benefit of being young and think a loan move would be best for him.

Really feel an injury to one of mane, salah or firmino could completly derail our season.

Someone post that Jovanovic/Neighbours video, I'm on my phone.

If sturridge is to leave and we are being frugile again in the transfer market then i would consider calling back origi. Ings and solanke are not good enough imo. I will given solanke the benefit of being young and think a loan move would be best for him.

Really feel an injury to one of mane, salah or firmino could completly derail our season.
    Origi doesn't seem to be up to much at Wolfsburg. Not a starter and his record has been poor.

I'd be willing to let Origi and Sturridge exit if the exchange was a serious striker coming in with Solanke and Woodburn fighting as understudys.

I'd let Ings go on loan and see how he fares. Wouldn't throw the towel in on him yet.

Memo to the senior management team:
    If sturridge is to leave and we are being frugile again in the transfer market then i would consider calling back origi. Ings and solanke are not good enough imo.

Memo to Ricero from Herr Klopp: Who the fcuk are you and WTF do you know about being a football manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Memo to the senior management team:

Memo to Ricero from Herr Klopp: Who the fcuk are you and WTF do you know about being a football manager?

Jaysus. He is only giving his opinion on Liverpool just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/907226/Real-Madrid-Liverpool-Mohamed-Salah-transfer-news-Florentino-Perez-meeting-La-Liga-gossip

''And Diario Gol say Real Madrid are confident of prising Salah away from the Reds after club president Florentino Perez met with the player’s agent.''They are reportedly wiling to pay £60million to £70m for the Egypt international.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Oh ffs. Won't they all **** off and buy players elsewhere. Try double that fee. I know it's rumours but that could be how it starts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/907226/Real-Madrid-Liverpool-Mohamed-Salah-transfer-news-Florentino-Perez-meeting-La-Liga-gossip

''And Diario Gol say Real Madrid are confident of prising Salah away from the Reds after club president Florentino Perez met with the player’s agent.''They are reportedly wiling to pay £60million to £70m for the Egypt international.

Why do they only want to buy his hair?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement