Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Jaysus. He is only giving his opinion on Liverpool just like the rest of us.

A jaysus, I'm only messin.

I love the way Ricero always sees the glass half empty, it's part of his charm.

Long may it last!!

Apologies Ricero if you were that easily offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yawns wrote: »
    Phased payments are the norm but if barca wanted him LFC were demanding 100 mil of the payment upfront. I take that to mean we now have 100 mil from them already and the rest will be phased.

Big deal getting it in one go... specially as the interest builds on it. Lot of money, that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/907226/Real-Madrid-Liverpool-Mohamed-Salah-transfer-news-Florentino-Perez-meeting-La-Liga-gossip

''And Diario Gol say Real Madrid are confident of prising Salah away from the Reds after club president Florentino Perez met with the player’s agent.''They are reportedly wiling to pay £60million to £70m for the Egypt international.
    Either the article is spoofing or Real are as deluded as their Catalonian mates.

One thing you can trust the owners on is that they know how to absolutely ride clubs when selling. In the extremely unlikely event that Salah is sold in the Summer, you can be guaranteed that they'll be making at least 3 times their investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/907226/Real-Madrid-Liverpool-Mohamed-Salah-transfer-news-Florentino-Perez-meeting-La-Liga-gossip

''And Diario Gol say Real Madrid are confident of prising Salah away from the Reds after club president Florentino Perez met with the player’s agent.''They are reportedly wiling to pay £60million to £70m for the Egypt international.
    Why do they only want to buy his hair?

That's hilarious, he'd be worth well north of 100m right now, esp to a team as shi'te as Real Madrid.

I should have said at the least 4 times their investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I reckon we'd let them listen to Mo farting through a walkie talkie for up to, oh, 45 seconds for that price.

corwill wrote: »
    I reckon we'd let them listen to Mo farting through a walkie talkie for up to, oh, 45 seconds for that price.

0898 number?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Salah one day, Kane the next, Hazard then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

0898 number?

This time next year, Rodney...

5starpool wrote: »
    Salah one day, Kane the next, Hazard then.

Well if they are quoting (assuming even the date on the cover of the Express can be trusted) 60-70 for Salah then Kane must be worth Coutinho cash and Hazard probably splitting the difference. So about 300 million, even for Real that's a stretch. Who'd spend very much on Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo? They are all getting on and in decline.

Just watching a bit of Porto playing against a prompted side in Primera Liga, they won 1-0. Dominated the possession but nothing much to fear on that showing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

corwill wrote: »

Take the 60 or 70 million and send them Michael "me rabbits" Angelis in a Liverpool shirt!

a9e19d67761d4ae63adf5289dd78eb29.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It looks like there is a fire sale going on at Roma we need to get in on that and sign Alisson.

We are the next VAR game it will be used against West Brom in the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It looks like there is a fire sale going on at Roma we need to get in on that and sign Alisson.

If we don't, someone else will. He looks to be one of very very few high level, proven, goalkeepers actually available. There's gonna be goalkeeping musical chairs going on soon, with PSG and Real looking to buy, so we can be fairly sure another high level team is gonna be looking at a good replacement if the likes of De Gea, or Courtois, or Lloris, or Donnarumma move. (well, maybe not Donnarumma, as Milan could well be on the verge of collapse, so they might well just have to bring in a journeyman to replace him if he goes).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

All this talk of Alisson is bringing me back bad memories, who remembers the name Wayne Allison!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

eyerer wrote: »
    Oh ffs. Won't they all **** off and buy players elsewhere. Try double that fee. I know it's rumours but that could be how it starts

Now you know how Southampton feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

All going well, I can see Alisson being our no. 1 next season, Karius his back-up and Ming will be sold in the summer.

Alisson pretty much has the lot as a keeper and is still young (mid 20's), while not too young or inexperienced. I know Ederson was poor enough against LFC last week, but is generally very highly regarded, and Alisson is keeping him out of the Brazilian starting line-up. The time to do a deal on him is now, even if Roma hang on to him for the remainder of the season. Come the summer he could be a WC winner and his value will skyrocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ugh! Can't believe we have to wait until Monday evening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »

It's a pain alright. Might watch the Burnley v Man Utd game in the hope Burnley do us a favour.

Leipzig are playing at 2:30 if anyone wants a look at Baby Keith.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well if they are quoting (assuming even the date on the cover of the Express can be trusted) 60-70 for Salah then Kane must be worth Coutinho cash and Hazard probably splitting the difference. So about 300 million, even for Real that's a stretch. Who'd spend very much on Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo? They are all getting on and in decline.

Just watching a bit of Porto playing against a prompted side in Primera Liga, they won 1-0. Dominated the possession but nothing much to fear on that showing.

I mostly mean in terms of a scattergun approach of being linked. Add Alli to that list too. Pity the utd players aren't good enough to be pursued :pac:

• Advertisement

Bale to Liverpool for £100m is the latest piece of fiction doing the rounds:
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/907182/Liverpool-transfer-news-Real-Madrid-Gareth-Bale-Manchester-United-Alexis-Sanchez-Arsenal

Well, I thought it was nonsense at first but he is an ex-Southampton player so it makes sense!

So there we are - Express football logic. It's like their seasonal "we all gonna die" weather stories.

So the mystery player was Bale :pac:

Come on who really guessed it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Just read that The Ox has scored 3 Premier League goals for us this season.

That's more league goals in a season than he ever managed with Arsenal.

Mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

5starpool wrote: »
    I mostly mean in terms of a scattergun approach of being linked. Add Alli to that list too. Pity the utd players aren't good enough to be pursued :pac:

United's best players are too expensive to be pursued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Not mad about this insistence that a loanee starts. Should have to earn it as like the rest of the team has to.

If I was a Cardiff fan, I would likely trust the management of the club to loan and play Grujic under the terms of the agreement. Being a Liverpool fan I consider it a great deal.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Bale to Liverpool for £100m is the latest piece of fiction doing the rounds:
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/907182/Liverpool-transfer-news-Real-Madrid-Gareth-Bale-Manchester-United-Alexis-Sanchez-Arsenal

Well, I thought it was nonsense at first but he is an ex-Southampton player so it makes sense!

Some lad said that to me in work yesterday. I said we don't need another crock no less a record breaking one. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Probably been posted already but I find these background videos to big matches fascinating; Klopp's warmth towards past players, Lovren's post-match reaction with VVD, the sheer bloody nerve of professional footballers going out performing nervelessly (well, mostly) with such a circus surrounding their every move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

mosstin wrote: »
    Probably been posted already but I find these background videos to big matches fascinating; Klopp's warmth towards past players, Lovren's post-match reaction with VVD, the sheer bloody nerve of professional footballers going out performing nervelessly (well, mostly) with such a circus surrounding their every move.

After the game, a couple of players from both sides go into the same room. Random drug testing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Vicxas wrote: »

Yeah hate being the last to play on a weekend watching the other teams pick up 3 points.

Hate the Monday games. We'll likely be 5th after Spurs' game tomorrow.

However, a defeat for Utd against Burnley (unlikely) and a 5-0 win (unlikely) away to Swansea and we'll finish this round of fixtures in 2nd!

Wouldn't be surprised if Burnley or Palace did a job today. By the time Monday comes along there could be opportunity there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Baby Keith not in the RBL squad today.

Suspended, or should we start the rumour circus again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Just noticed that mysrlf as put rb in my weekly treble for interest

Wouldn't be surprised if Burnley or Palace did a job today. By the time Monday comes along there could be opportunity there.

I gave palace too much credit. =]

• Advertisement

I really hope it's not Butland we sign.

Klopp on Jack Butland: “I will only mention one name. Everyone talks about him with us and that is Butland. I only saw the [Manchester United] game. Fantastic goalkeeper but was he perfect? No. He wasn’t in that game.
    “But everyone says, ‘Still better than our boys!’

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/954622057626685440

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Butland would be so underwhelming and the cheap option imo. English goalkeepers for the most part are mentally weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:
    Butland would be so underwhelming and the cheap option imo. English goalkeepers for the most part are mentally weak.

I actually read the media link us with a 40 million bid for him. That's be the worst thing we did since Andy Carroll

Far from the cheap option if media reports about what Stoke want for him are even close to being right.

At that price he would be the wrong option not the cheap option.

De Gea wouldn't be good enough at Liverpool as long as youknowwho is on the coaching staff.

• Advertisement

Butland like Forster were top class keepers who I would have been very happy with the club signing but neither have looked even half as good as they were before the major injuries they both suffered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I would throw 50 to 70 million pounds for oblak at madrid. No way would they turn that money down for a goalkeeper.

Then spend the rest of the coutinho money on coutinhos replacement although im starting to think that cash has already been spent.

ricero wrote: »
    I would throw 50 to 70 million pounds for oblak at madrid. No way would they turn that money down for a goalkeeper.

Then spend the rest of the coutinho money on coutinhos replacement although im starting to think that cash has already been spent.

They would laugh in your face with those bids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Offer them Mignolet and Sturridge to make it even more laughable.

Oblak apparently has a buy-out of €100m. So that's about £90m required. 2.5 years left on his contract.

Just heard on Today FM that it is 22 years since Newcastle blew the league with a 12 point lead this game day in 96.

Where does time go.

One of those weekends where I don't think anyone is dropping points before we play on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

One of those weekends where I don't think anyone is dropping points before we play on Monday.

Dropping points to Swansea would undo so much good work put in last weekend, I'm fairly confident we can get the win.

Dropping points to Swansea would undo so much good work put in last weekend, I'm fairly confident we can get the win.

We should do so here's hoping. At least next weekend has Spurs v Man U so one of them or both will drop points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Always looked that way in the fixtures anyway; even going by some patchy form.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement