Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Butland like Forster were top class keepers who I would have been very happy with the club signing but neither have looked even half as good as they were before the major injuries they both suffered.

Frasier Forster, are you serious?? A big Fvcking lump is all he is, I'll keep my money and Mignolet, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Marko Grujic starts for Cardiff in the 5.30 game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Obligatory yellow around 5:34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Obligatory yellow around 5:34.

Harsh.

He waited until the 8th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Frasier Forster, are you serious?? A big Fvcking lump is all he is, I'll keep my money and Mignolet, thank you.

Did you actually read post or just see his name and go on a rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Probably not going to happen but I definitely wouldn't say no to a cheeky Mahrez bid before the end of the month.

Not a Klopp player - Mahrez only on form in January and August ;)

Grujic not doing too badly on debut, got stuck in, defended his space well enough, had a shot on goal which gave the diving keeper something to do as it bounced just before him. Needs more of the ball in the centre circle though, I suppose as the new boy he'll have to be patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The price's being quoted for Aubameyang seem fairy reasonable for a quality addition......I dont really watch much German football any more but is there a reason we wouldn't be in for him at those prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NukaCola wrote:
    The price's being quoted for Aubameyang seem fairy reasonable for a quality addition......I dont really watch much German football any more but is there a reason we wouldn't be in for him at those prices?

Only his attitude I think. If he didn't act like a fool the last year he could be going to Madrid instead of the Emirates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

NukaCola wrote: »

Often getting fined and suspended and sh1te for acting the bollocks by dortmund and as seen with Sakho klopp has pretty much no time for anyone along those lines.

Shame, looks a serious player....

Not been following the transfer gossip too much lately, but Carroll and Crouch linked with Chelsea? Wtf

Have we fallen into some alternative reality??

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Not been following the transfer gossip too much lately, but Carroll and Crouch linked with Chelsea? Wtf

Have we fallen into some alternative reality??

They are about sign Dzeko from Roma so I'd say the Carroll & Crouch stories were a wind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

James Pearce has got himself in a spot of bother with his latest article on Flanagan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

brevity wrote: »
    James Pearce has got himself in a spot of bother with his latest article on Flanagan...

??

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    ??

He has said the following:

Imagine if it had been 24-goal top scorer Mohamed Salah standing in court this week rather than Flanagan. The reaction from some would have been very different.

If Liverpool had sacked Flanagan they would have stood accused of double standards. They would also have made themselves a hostage to fortune the next time a player steps out of line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

And?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

klose wrote: »
    Often getting fined and suspended and sh1te for acting the bollocks by dortmund and as seen with Sakho klopp has pretty much no time for anyone along those lines.

If keita has a village influencing him that fella has a town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

corwill wrote: »
    And?

Pearce was very critical of Sakho and Balotelli when they had their run ins with management but defended Flanagan even though what Flanagan did was a hell of a lot worse. As a result I've seen quite a few people accuse him of racism. But it's Twitter so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Rio is hard to listen too on BT there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

brevity wrote: »
    He has said the following:

Imagine if it had been 24-goal top scorer Mohamed Salah standing in court this week rather than Flanagan. The reaction from some would have been very different.

If Liverpool had sacked Flanagan they would have stood accused of double standards. They would also have made themselves a hostage to fortune the next time a player steps out of line.

Don't see any problem with what he said, i'd agree with it. It's very easy for people to call for Flanagan to be sacked when he has no future at the club anyway. People's reactions would definitely be different if it was a vital first team player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

monkey9 wrote: »
    Don't see any problem with what he said, i'd agree with it. It's very easy for people to call for Flanagan to be sacked when he has no future at the club anyway. People's reactions would definitely be different if it was a vital first team player.

Agreed, people will deny it too but it's true. If it was Salah they'd want him to get counseling and rehabilitate and point to having no previous and it was just a once off moment of madness etc etc...As it's Flanagan people are very quick with the sack the scumbag line.

Don't get me wrong, what he did was lower than a snakes belly but there would definitely be double standards on the importance of the player to the team.

Domestic abuse is not something I would change my opinion on depending on the quality of the player. Sack him or not it was a real scumbag act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Domestic abuse is not something I would change my opinion on depending on the quality of the player. Sack him or not it was a real scumbag act.

Just oay out the remainder of his contract and tell him to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This craic of "isolated incident", I'm skeptical of. It was the first time... that he was caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Pearce was very critical of Sakho and Balotelli when they had their run ins with management but defended Flanagan even though what Flanagan did was a hell of a lot worse. As a result I've seen quite a few people accuse him of racism. But it's Twitter so...
    I wouldn't throw racism accusations around myself, more likely because Flanagan is from Liverpool, not the colour of his skin, is the reason he's defending him

Why he had to mention anyone other than Flanagan is strange to me. The whole article is rather pointless - the guy assaulted his girlfriend...**** him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Personally I'd have his contract terminated straight away after he was found guilty of domestic abuse. And I'd feel the same way about it if it was Mo Salah in that situation.

Can't be seen tolerating that kinda of stuff at the club in any shape or form.

And it's not like the Suarez scenario who was found guilty under contentious circumstances in the kangaroo court that is the FA. This scumbag was caught bang to rights beating and kicking his partner on CCTV and prosecuted in a court of law.

Disappointing if the club is gonna let his contract run down. They should be making a stand on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Grayditch wrote:
    This craic of "isolated incident", I'm skeptical of. It was the first time... that he was caught.

A very sad part is that if I'm not mistaken they are s together.....he'd be gone in most lines of work but football like sport you have assets & athletes with a history of this have survived through similar circumstances. If it were a player who is genuienly talented that was sacked another side would pick them up without thinking of the blowback.
    I'd be astonished if he played for the club again

Flanagan is a s(umbag if they aren't going to fire him at the very least stick him on gardening leave till his contracts run out and let him go.

He should be nowhere near or training with any of the Liverpool players at any age level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I'm surprised he said "If that was Salah". Why drag his name into it. He uses a hypothetical scenario as stick to beat Liverpool with.

I like James Pearce for the most part, though.

Well, the club has its own internal procedures for its employees, I'm sure they were followed in this case. I wont be calling for people to lose their job, or be outraged that he hasn't been dismissed etc but at the end of the day I'd rather not have a player representing the club at any level that was found guilty of beating a women and I am a bit disappointed that the club seemed to have taken a lenient approach here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I really really don't see Flanagan playing for the club again to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chance for 5 in a row again under Klopp on Monday. We'd be well clear at top of form table if we can win. We've not won 5 in a row yet though, hope we can do it, with everyone else winning we have to!

Yep. Reckon someone claiming that is trying to justify their stance on it by saying the majority would be of the same opinion.
    eyerer wrote: »
    I wouldn't throw racism accusations around myself, more likely because Flanagan is from Liverpool, not the colour of his skin, is the reason he's defending him

I think this is it. If it was Markovic he’d be getting hounded in the media by the likes of Pearce and Carragher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Grayditch wrote: »

Not defending Flanagan at all, but in all likelihood it was an isolated incident. A seasoned domestic abuser would be incredibly unlikely to lash out in public and where CCTV can pick him up. Serial abusers are mindful to keep such scummy antics well hidden behind closed doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Straight swap. Mhikatarian for Sanchez.

Think Arsenal are mad.

noodler wrote: »

Think Arsenal are mad.

Conversely, you could look at it like a great deal for Arsenal, to be honest. Sanchez was out of contract in 6 months so they'd lose him then for nothing. He blatently wanted to leave and was also causing unrest in the dressing room. So Arsenal have cut a bad egg loose and, essentially, picked up Mikitaryan (who still had 2.5 years on his contract at Utd) for free.

Sanchez every day of the week over Mkhitaryan.
    Utd mugged Arsenal with that deal.

Arsenal are a laughing stock these days tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Arsenal were losing Sanchez in 5 months time anyway. Although miki has been ****e for Utd hed still fetch close to 40m in the current market. I think Arsenal have done well out if this to be honest.

If they had of sold Sanchez for cash they would have struggled to replace him

noodler wrote: »

Think Arsenal are mad.

Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan last full season together under Tuchel saw them score a combined 62 goals and 44 assists.

It could be a very clever move by Arsenal.

Lacazette, Ozil, Aubameyang & Mkhitaryan is a very strong attacking line up the best Arsenal will have had in years.

How much is Mikitaryan, with 2.5 years left on his contract, worth in todays market? Whatever that figure is, is what Arsenal have gotten for a player who would leave them for free in the summer. Good business for Arsenal.

The length of Sanchez's contract is important here - not the comparative abilities between the 2 players. Mikitaryan can be a very good signing for them.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    How much is Mikitaryan, with 2.5 years left on his contract, worth in todays market? Whatever that figure is, is what Arsenal have gotten for a player who would leave them for free in the summer. Good business for Arsenal.

The length of Sanchez's contract is important here - not the comparative abilities between the 2 players. Mikitaryan can be a very good signing for them.

I'm looking at it from a player point of view.

Sanchez is head and shoulders over Mikitaryan as a player. So imo they are losing a player and replacing him with an inferior one.

Regarding leaving for free. I'm not sure that ever would have happened. He's too good not to get poached before that.

Sure Sanchez is a better player but he had only 6 months left on his contract - that's the over-riding important factor in all this. Arsenal valued him at around £30m because of that. No team was going to pay more than that amount, even City baulked at paying over the odds for him considering that he could be signed for nothing in the summer. Let's not forget either that Sanchez was causing trouble at Arsenal because he wanted out so badly. Surely Mikitaryan would command £30m himself, considering his lengthy contract. Wenger seems intent on pairing him up with Aboumyang again, so Mikitaryan could well flourish for them.

It's essentially this - for the same fee, which would you prefer.... a disinterested Sanchez for 6 months, or a motivated Mikitaryan for 4 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

So what do you think Arsenal should have demanded then? Seeing how they were mugged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Damien360

If we are looking for £30m fors sturridge then Miki is safely £30m also. Unfortunately they are both about as good as each other. Utd getting Sanchez is a great deal for them. Not sure how an attack minded player with no back tracking will fit in that team.

Lacazette, Ozil, Aubameyang & Mkhitaryan is a very strong attacking line up the best Arsenal will have had in years.

That is the very embodiment of a non pressing, non tracking luxury attack!

Sanchez to take Wenger with him?

Mhikatarian just turned 28, has been poor, apparently had to be convinced to join, and has been frozen out for well over two months.

I'm surprised he is considered ample compensation for a world class player like Sanchez who could be the difference the difference between them and European qualification.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Sure Sanchez is a better player but he had only 6 months left on his contract - that's the over-riding important factor in all this. Arsenal valued him at around £30m because of that. No team was going to pay more than that amount, even City baulked at paying over the odds for him considering that he could be signed for nothing in the summer. Let's not forget either that Sanchez was causing trouble at Arsenal because he wanted out so badly. Surely Mikitaryan would command £30m himself, considering his lengthy contract. Wenger seems intent on pairing him up with Aboumyang again, so Mikitaryan could well flourish for them.

It's essentially this - for the same fee, which would you prefer.... a disinterested Sanchez for 6 months, or a motivated Mikitaryan for 4 years?

In fairness, City baulked at the wages and agent fees.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement