Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That is the very embodiment of a non pressing, non tracking luxury attack!

Arsenal aren't a pressing team and both Aubameyang & Mkhitaryan struggled in Klopp's pressing team and were stunning in the non pressing Tuchel season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Arsenal aren't a pressing team and both Aubameyang & Mkhitaryan struggled in Klopp's pressing team and were stunning in the non pressing Tuchel season.

Oh they are perfect for Wenger sh-it Mk 2 version of Arsenal, no press at the front, no press in the middle and creaking bones at the back. I expect Liverpool will waltz 3 or 4 goals past them both games next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

noodler wrote: »
    In fairness, City baulked at the wages and agent fees.

Fair enough. Utd were happy to pay all that excess. How much will Mikitaryan be on per week? I assume far less than Sanchez, so that's another saving for the next 6 months.

Look, I know Sanchez is the better player but he simply had no interest in doing the business for Arsenal. They had no option but to cut him loose, and they have effectively signed Miki on a free, instead of paying £30m+ for him or a player of similar ability in the summer. They've done well out of a bad situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Fair enough. Utd were happy to pay all that excess. How much will Mikitaryan be on per week? I assume far less than Sanchez, so that's another saving for the next 6 months.

Look, I know Sanchez is the better player but he simply had no interest in doing the business for Arsenal. They had no option but to cut him loose, and they have effectively signed Miki on a free, instead of paying £30m+ for him or a player of similar ability in the summer. They've done well out of a bad situation.

Even this season he seems to have about a dozen goals and assists in the league.

Its not vintage Sanchez but it's tough to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I honestly can't see Sanchez doing as well for utd as he has for arsenal,good signing but don't think they will get the best from him tbh

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I honestly can't see Sanchez doing as well for utd as he has for arsenal,good signing but don't think they will get the best from him tbh

They won't need to. They won't be as reliant on him arsenal were.

If Coutinho had been in n this situation, I think we'd be a bit disappointed not to have taken utd to the cleaners given they probably need to act now to secure him and were offering someone they didn't really want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Sanchez every day of the week over Mkhitaryan.
    Utd mugged Arsenal with that deal.

Arsenal are a laughing stock these days tbh.

Absolutely brilliant deal from Arsenal imo. They're desperately short of high quality players for next season with Ozil leaving too. They were at best gonna get a fraction of Sanchez value anyway, with a team needing serious rebuilding all over the field. Now they've got a brilliant player in, in a position where it's badly needed anyway. Realistically he's the Ozil replacement rather than the Sanchez one, with it looking like Aubamayang is their Sanchez replacement, so all in all they're doing ok out of a stupid position to have put themselves in in the first place.

Don't think its fair to judge Mkhitaryan entirely on his Utd form, when the team is actively set up against him, with the worst type of manager for his style of football. I've absolutely no doubt he'll be brilliant - and it only helps that he's gonna be paired with a striker who's game he knows back to front.

I think it's more judging his transfer value based on his utd ills rather than his actual ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't think we're signing anyone new and I think we'll be fine without any new signings, but I can't help but feel a little jealous seeing rivals make big signings.

In saying that, we did just get van Dijk this month :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

NukaCola wrote: »
    Well, the club has its own internal procedures for its employees,

He's not an employee. He works for a company he 100% owns who then contracts with LFC for the provision of his services. Sounds like a load of cr@p and it is but it also means the contract between JF Football Ltd (or whatever it's called) and LFC is not as straightforward as employer / employee!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

NukaCola wrote: »
    Well, the club has its own internal procedures for its employees,

He's not an employee. He works for a company he 100% owns who then contracts with LFC for the provision of his services. Sounds like a load of cr@p and it is but it also means the contract between JF Football Ltd (or whatever it's called) and LFC is not as straightforward as employer / employee!!

I'm pretty sure that's not correct...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He's a definite upgrade on Rashford if that is who he's replacing but they are very pedestrian in attack either way due to Jose. He definitely won't hurt them though.

Mkhitaryan's impact on Arsenal is very difficult to judge. He's been rank at United but is it because of Mourinho or is Wenger still capable of getting a tune out of him. Remains to be seen.

If we still had Coutinho I wouldn't be a bit worried about getting a top 4 spot but I'm definitely concerned that we are taking a gamble that may well backfire in our faces by not replacing him this January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I see former Liverpool pointer in chief Jay Spearing could’ve killed someone yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I see former Liverpool pointer in chief Jay Spearing could’ve killed someone yesterday.

Pure class that boy

Dirty move. Hope he was sent off for that?

I hope so too, but it's probably wishful thinking. He could be exactly what they need to quicken up a pedestrian attack. Obviously, at 29 he's not going to get any better, but if he can maintain his best (which is pretty much world class) for another couple of years he'll be a good signing for them.

I think you may be incorrect here.
    I think players must in fact be employees of the clubs per FA rules. Players can of course have Ltd companies for other activities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People calling for Flanagan be sacked are quick to judge but I wonder how they would feel if it was Salah or Mane who had done what Flanagan did?

Last year Firmino was caught drink driving, which to me as a really bad thing. Drink driving kills people,but nobody was calling for his head.

Suarez was found guilty of racist abuse and then biting an opponent. Opposition fans called him a scumbag but fans here defended him and the club bent over backwards to help him.

Why? Because he was very important to the team,as is Firmino.

You can’t treat Flanagan any differently just because he is less important to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

murpho999 wrote: »
    People calling for Flanagan be sacked are quick to judge but I wonder how they would feel if it was Salah or Mane who had done what Flanagan did?

Last year Firmino was caught drink driving, which to me as a really bad thing. Drink driving kills people,but nobody was calling for his head.

Suarez was found guilty of racist abuse and then biting an opponent. Opposition fans called him a scumbag but fans here defended him and the club bent over backwards to help him.

Why? Because he was very important to the team,as is Firmino.

You can’t treat Flanagan any differently just because he is less important to the squad.

This sounds like James Pearce's article in the echo except you just used different words

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

kopite386 wrote: »
    This sounds like James Pearce's article in the echo except you just used different words

So we have an itk 😀😀

A lot of whataboutary and rubbish in that post, and another case of someone projecting their stance onto the majority.

What if it was Salah? It wasn’t .

What if it was Moreno or Lovren? Think a different stance might be taken.

Drink driving kills people. It doesn’t, it can but it’s not guaranteed. It was a stupid thing to do, luckily the only one adversely affected was him. If Bobby had killed or injured someone then the reaction would’ve been different. Kicking a woman is kicking a woman every time.

Suarez incidents happened on the pitch. Could stretch and argue that they are worse because he was representing the club but they were dealt with by the FA and not in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Dirty move. Hope he was sent off for that?

He hardly meant it - it was on target!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

He is an employee of the club as are all other players. The companies players own are only to allow for payments of bonuses related to image rights and marketing payments which make up the majority of their salaries. So you could say....the player earns a weekly wage of 10 grand and image rights/marketing money/bonuses of maybe 60 grand. The 10 grand is taxed as regular income and the 60 goes into the company and the tax advisors do their stuff to make sure the crown get as little as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

sword1 wrote: »
    So we have an itk 😀😀

:D:D

Jon Flanagan is a fcuking s(umbag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Youre using your limited knowledge of the way clubs sometimes pay image rights payments etc for tax reasons to make up a another pop legal problem that you clearly can't expand upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A lot of whataboutary and rubbish in that post, and another case of someone projecting their stance onto the majority.

Drink driving kills people. It doesn’t, it can but it’s not guaranteed. It was a stupid thing to do, luckily the only one adversely affected was him. If Bobby had killed or injured someone then the reaction would’ve been different. Kicking a woman is kicking a woman every time.

Suarez incidents happened on the pitch. Could stretch and argue that they are worse because he was representing the club but they were dealt with by the FA and not in court.

I'm not projecting any stance on anyone. Just expressing my own opinion that I'm entitled to do on a discussion forum.

I still maintain that the posts would be a lot different if it was a different player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm not projecting any stance on anyone. Just expressing my own opinion that I'm entitled to do on a discussion forum.

I still maintain that the posts would be a lot different if it was a different player.

Of course the reaction would be different. You only have to look at the fools the vast majority of supporters made of themselves regarding Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Jabus H Christ lads, we badly need a game. The amount of BS on here in recent days...Man U transfer policy, Sanchez wages, domestic abuse... .. I'm waiting for the 'net spend' discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Steve Finnan killed a pensioner in his car whilst driving twice the speed limit. I don't think its unfair to say that higher profile players get forgiven a litany of sins, at every club.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Look lads, we can all discuss Manchester United, Sanchez, Flanagan, etc... as much as we want, but at the end if the day it makes absolutely no difference. Whether the ball crossed the line or not, either way we would have gone 1-0 up or else Cech would have been sent off and we would have had a penalty, putting Chelsea down to 10 men, a more than likely worse off situation for them. I really don't see what all the fuss is about!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Pearce is such a bad journalist. So biased towards certain players & people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pearce is such a bad journalist. So biased towards certain players & people.

Who do you feel gets treated unfairly? Or gets cut more slack than others?

Usually when I see people saying certain journalists are biased, it just means you disagree with his point of view.

Think he is a decent guy who has to deal with an incredible amount of nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Who do you feel gets treated unfairly? Or gets cut more slack than others?

Usually when I see people saying certain journalists are biased, it just means you disagree with his point of view.

Think he is a decent guy who has to deal with an incredible amount of nonsense.

Sakho is one. Balotelli was another too.

This tweet sums it up well

https://twitter.com/f1rmino/status/954662339348967426

Richarlison would worth a bid now that Watford have sacked their manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Richarlison would worth a bid now that Watford have sacked their manager.

Haven't seen much of him bar a few clips here and there, would he be expensive/suitable?

brevity wrote: »
    Haven't seen much of him bar a few clips here and there, would he be expensive/suitable?

The few times I have seen him he has had good games on the left wing but by all accounts can play across the the front three positions.

20 year old Brazilian who is scoring goals and getting assists in the PL 5 & 5 in his first half season is pretty impressive I'd doubt we'd lose money on him if we did buy him and he can keep Fun Bobby company :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

The few times I have seen him he has had good games on the left wing but by all accounts can play across the the front three positions.

20 year old Brazilian who is scoring goals and getting assists in the PL 5 & 5 in his first half season is pretty impressive I'd doubt we'd lose money on him if we did buy him and he can keep Fun Bobby company :pac:

He would suit Liverpool alright, Chelsea have already shown interest supposedly, bring it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

noodler wrote:
    Mhikatarian just turned 28, has been poor, apparently had to be convinced to join, and has been frozen out for well over two months.

Turned 29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Would have thought utd would have preferred augbamayang over Sanchez seeing as he is younger and there is still a resale value involved, better finisher imo to Sanchez too..

Strange how none of the big big boys ain't in for him considering his scoring exploits the last 3 years

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    He would suit Liverpool alright, Chelsea have already shown interest supposedly, bring it on.

In stellar company there alongside Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch and Ashley Barnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Would have thought utd would have preferred augbamayang over Sanchez seeing as he is younger and there is still a resale value involved, better finisher imo to Sanchez too..

Strange how none of the big big boys ain't in for him considering his scoring exploits the last 3 years

Good player with alot of baggage in the background, which seems to be the reason that he never got the dream move to Paris, Madrid or Milan. Dont think he would last long with Jose.....and I feel the Gunners are taking a very big chance on him. Maybe Wenger thinks he can save his job with him and if not then its someone elses problem.

Madrid the latest team now to be linked with Can.

That's Madrid, City, Munich & Juve all linked to a player a lot of our fans would rather see the bad of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That's Madrid, City, Munich & Juve all linked to a player a lot of our fans would rather see the bad of.

Fans don't want players who want a low get out clause inserted into their contract. He was great vs City but him & even Wijnaldum don't produce that consistently enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Steve Finnan killed a pensioner in his car whilst driving twice the speed limit. I don't think its unfair to say that higher profile players get forgiven a litany of sins, at every club.

Didn’t think he was above the speed limit to be honest. But just checked and it seems like he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He is 7 months younger then Sanchez and alot of trouble wouldn't have much of a resale value given that he is 29 in summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Cause they can sign him on a free and make him a squad player. No difference to us keeping him as a squad player.
    Let him start a full season for those teams, and their fans won’t be overly enamored with him either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

If City, Bayern or Madrid want to sign him, we will not be able to keep him anyway.

Can is great at times but he's not consistent. I'd much rather a more consistent CM player.

If he signs a contract fair enough but he shouldn't be a nailed on starter until he improves that side of his game.

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Can is great at times but he's not consistent. I'd much rather a more consistent CM player.

If he signs a contract fair enough but he shouldn't be a nailed on starter until he improves that side of his game.

Which one of our CM's is actually a nailed on starter?

Which one of our CM's is actually a consistent player?

Are any of our CM's really that good?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement