Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

When Can plays in Hendersons current position he seems to do well.

Now that I think about it, with Coutinho gone, could Henderson move forward. Back to his best position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

brevity wrote: »
    When Can plays in Hendersons current position he seems to do well.

Now that I think about it, with Coutinho gone, could Henderson move forward. Back to his best position?

I agree that is his best position without a doubt.

I don't think he gets there ahead of Ox on current form.

I don't think Klopp picks him there ahead of Lallana and Ox.

Which one of our CM's is actually a nailed on starter?

Which one of our CM's is actually a consistent player?

Are any of our CM's really that good?

None of the them are amazing tbh.

Ox is probably our most consistent player and is getting better with games.

The rest we can improve on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can’s better suited when the team we’re playing against try and play football rather than park the bus. Unfortunately the only teams who do that are City, Arsenal, Spurs and sometimes Chelsea, so that’s 8 games a season where he can really shine and 30 where the opposition park the bus and he can look a lumbering mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Nice result today in the spurs game. Hopefully we can punish them more with a win tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Spurs dropping surprising points there, makes tomorrow's game even bigger with what's possibly on offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Our reserves just played out a 1-1 draw with Spurs, a win tomorrow would be nice to see them drop that little bit further behind us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Win tomorrow and we could go 5 points clear of Spurs and it's Spurs v United next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's all coming up millhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

good result for us in spurs game - a win tomorrow could be big in the top 4 race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Yep, nice points dropped alright. Spurs and Arsenal dropping points is the priority, followed by United and Chelsea, with City fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

klose wrote: »
    Spurs dropping surprising points there, makes tomorrow's game even bigger with what's possibly on offer.

your post was very Klose to mine, content wise and its place on the Boards wall, very Klose indeed. So Klo...

I'm sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Win tomorrow and we could go 5 points clear of Spurs and it's Spurs v United next.

Both of them still to play City again too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Both of them still to play City again too.

Two old fashioned, soul-crushing hockeyings would be delightful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Another reason to like Southampton.

Didn't think they'd have that in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Good result there and a great chance for us to put a cushion between Spurs/Arsenal. Having a gap will be vital when we have a CL semi to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Anyone else think we will smash Swansea tomorrow?

Van Dijk to start tomorrow I would hope is the only change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yep no rotating needed we've had plenty of time between games lately, Friday, Sunday, Monday. The players should be well rested and ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

We have a great chance of wrapping up top 4 nice and early now.
    Two winnable games followed by Spurs at home, hopefully we take advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

rgace wrote: »

Slow down now, all this optimism will end in tears

• Advertisement

Very similar situation tomorrow. Team trying to maintain top 4, players out sick, playing away to a team fighting relation. I hope we don't stumble too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Anyone else think we will smash Swansea tomorrow? .

That fúcks that then!!

rgace wrote: »

Easy tiger! A huge 2 points clear in 4th with over 40 points to play for!

Could go pear shaped very quickly and easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

2 - 2 draw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I suppose a 1-0 win is the least likely outcome :pac:

Salah, Fun Bobby & Mane all to rip their hamstrings to shreds in the same attacking move and be out for six months.

Klopp still doesn't buy anyone as FSG won't give him the money and we still finish 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Salah, Fun Bobby & Mane all to rip their hamstrings to shreds in the same attacking move and be out for six months.

Klopp still doesn't buy anyone as FSG won't give him the money and we still finish 4th.

#prayforricero

Grayditch wrote: »
    Very similar situation tomorrow. Team trying to maintain top 4, players out sick, playing away to a team fighting relation. I hope we don't stumble too.

Who's out sick?

Swansea deserve respect of course but you'd be confident we can do what's required and worse case scenario a dropped two points or three shouldn't derail us after the great run we've been on for quite a while now.

• Advertisement

ardinn wrote: »
    That fúcks that then!!

If we can't be confident playing relegation fodder after beating the best team in the PL era then there's something wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The only "normal" scoreline that Liverpool have failed to manage this season is 2-0 or in this case 0-2. I'll take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Didn’t think he was above the speed limit to be honest. But just checked and it seems like he was.

Waiting for someone to jump in here with a

BUT HE HAD HIS INDICATOR ON

post. Roll on matchday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Which one of our CM's is actually a nailed on starter?

Which one of our CM's is actually a consistent player?

Are any of our CM's really that good?

Our midfield has dominated the majority of games we have played this season. Including games against good teams. I don't think the midfield is a major issue. We score lots of goals and don't concede many chances. I think its the third least shots on goal conceded in all the European leagues.

Who's out sick?

I thought I read Lovren and Klavan were going to miss the game, but I could be wrong because I can't find it now.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I thought I read Lovren and Klavan were going to miss the game, but I could be wrong because I can't find it now.

Ok, I didn't see that myself, it'll be cool as long as VVD and Matip are fit though..

• Advertisement

Just watching Alisson in the Roma game and he keeps his hands low.

I guess we shouldn't sign him then as all the pro's on the tv and radio say that is the issue with our keepers.

Great assist there from Alisson for the Roma goal 60 yard pass to feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

old boy watch - Luis Alberto scored and Lucas assisted Milinković-Savić for one of his goals

Alberto really seems to have found his home in Rome - 6 goals and 7 assists so far in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Easy tiger! A huge 2 points clear in 4th with over 40 points to play for!

Could go pear shaped very quickly and easily.

I am almost expecting a couple of poor results now but three wins and we will be a mininum of 8 points clear and sitting pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’m afraid that in typical Liverpool fashion we’ll probably drop points tomorrow against Swansea.

Nothing more frustrating than a huge win against a top team and then we follow it up by dropping points against the cannon fodder at the foot of the league!!

I hope I’m wrong, but this has been a hallmark of Liverpool over the last number of years.

A win and the gap to 5th opens up to 5 points. We have to take advantage of Spurs dropping points.

We are unbeaten in 19 games going up against the worst team in the league after trashing the best team in the league.

Always half empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I’m afraid that in typical Liverpool fashion we’ll probably drop points tomorrow against Swansea.

Nothing more frustrating than a huge win against a top team and then we follow it up by dropping points against the cannon fodder at the foot of the league!!

I hope I’m wrong, but this has been a hallmark of Liverpool over the last number of years.

A win and the gap to 5th opens up to 5 points. We have to take advantage of Spurs dropping points.

I'm more confident of this not happening than I would have been two or three years ago, to be honest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A Sunday night game would be better than a Monday night wait .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

A Sunday night game would be better than a Monday night wait .

I'd love a Sunday night game but Sky love their Monday night segments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

We are unbeaten in 19 games going up against the worst team in the league after trashing the best team in the league.

Always half empty.

The last time I was this confident going into a game was the West Brom game at home and we all know how that went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I wouldn't really want a Sunday night slot for English football games. That slot is good every week for a decent match from Spain, Italy or France which i'd prefer to watch rather than it clashing with the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mr.H wrote: »
    Turned 29

Jesus! The year just flew by.

I predict a win tonight. I'm on the drugs agian, so can only end one way.
    Don't think we'll win the league until the year i die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

monkey9 wrote: »
    I wouldn't really want a Sunday night slot for English football games. That slot is good every week for a decent match from Spain, Italy or France which i'd prefer to watch rather than it clashing with the EPL.

Be ideal for so many that don't work Mondays though. Librarians and government artists. I'm all for it.
    **** it, let's have a game on 24/7. The 'fun' never stops on SKY! Up next Swansea v Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Jesus! The year just flew by.

I predict a win tonight. I'm on the drugs agian, so can only end one way.
    Don't think we'll win the league until the year i die.

Challenge accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Always half empty.

They're not the worst team in the league anymore. That title is now with Brighton or Huddersfield.

Swansea are getting a little more solid. Unless we get an early goal, it won't be easy at all. This is just the type of game we typically struggle in. Coutinho won't be missed as much for Man City type games as he will Swansea type games where they'll soak up pressure.

I'm confident we'll win handily, but it's a totally different type of game to the City one. City's style (as good as they are) plays directly into what we're good at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'll be a bit sad to see Sturridge go. I'll always be grateful to him for the 13/14 push but his injuries are just too many too often.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement