Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'll be a bit sad to see Sturridge go. I'll always be grateful to him for the 13/14 push but his injuries are just too many too often.

Fitness was the only thing that stopped Sturridge from been one our best ever strikers. Wish him well. He leaves with 63 goals in 133 appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Surely we must be after someone if Studge leaves ?
    We are still in the FA cup and Champions league we can play the front 3 in every game it just wont happen even if they are injury free,

Is there any new links to players ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ERG89 wrote: »

All I'll remember Jovanovic for in 37 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

I'd love a Sunday night game but Sky love their Monday night segments.

Sunday night is all about NFL lads --- back off!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'll be a bit sad to see Sturridge go. I'll always be grateful to him for the 13/14 push but his injuries are just too many too often.

Sorry but is Sturridge gone yet??
    I'm sure teams want him on loan but does anything seem close to him going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Sunday night is all about NFL lads --- back off!

They don't play GAA on a Sunday evening....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They don't play GAA on a Sunday evening....

Give the GA a chance can't wait till they try hurling under lights at Croker for the SKY money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Be ideal for so many that don't work Mondays though. Librarians and government artists. I'm all for it.
    **** it, let's have a game on 24/7. The 'fun' never stops on SKY! Up next Swansea v Everton.

https://youtu.be/MusyO7J2inM

David Webb's classic sketch on same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Got word of the lineup tonight, but lately and depressing as it is, it's not hard to guess, Karius,gomez,matip,vvd,robertson,can,wij,ox,mane,salah,firminio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mightyreds wrote: »
    Got word of the lineup tonight, but lately and depressing as it is, it's not hard to guess, Karius,gomez,matip,vvd,robertson,can,wij,ox,mane,salah,firminio

Apart from playing without a gk that's a very strong team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-madrid-make-sensational-summer-11893162

Egypt's Argentine boss Héctor Cúper seemingly confirmed the move and added: “I’ve received news revealing Real’s interest, but let’s not rush things.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

https://youtu.be/MusyO7J2inM

David Webb's Mitchell's classic sketch on same...

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What is depressing about this?

I wonder if Lallana will get a run out for us? Think he could become important as the season goes on and he gets fitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It would be stranger if Real weren't interested in Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't see Salah leaving this summer but if he keeps playing the way he is the likes of Real would be mad to ignore him.

Saying that if we qualify for CL again next season, a decent run in it this season, win/go close in the FA Cup we might not lose anyone in the summer.

Keep who we have, add Keita and then another few players (keeper and midfielder/number 10) and we'd be set well for 2018/2019 season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-madrid-make-sensational-summer-11893162

Egypt's Argentine boss Héctor Cúper seemingly confirmed the move and added: “I’ve received news revealing Real’s interest, but let’s not rush things.”

That argentine boss is like all the south American in that there is only two big clubs in the world, I mean like wtf, surely stability would be better for the Egyptian team than a player caught up in transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Was Salah always this good or has Klopp improved his game since he joined?

If Klopp is responsible in any part for the season that Salah is having then he owes Klopp and Liverpool a summer of no transfer bullsxxt. He's got the world cup in the summer and after a rest will be rejoining for pre-season.
    He should be telling his agent he's happy and no to stir sxxt in the summer.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Was Salah always this good or has Klopp improved his game since he joined?

If Klopp is responsible in any part for the season that Salah is having then he owes Klopp and Liverpool a summer of no transfer bullsxxt. He's got the world cup in the summer and after a rest will be rejoining for pre-season.
    He should be telling his agent he's happy and no to stir sxxt in the summer.

I wouldn't put it all on Klopp.

Salah was a 1 in 4 scorer in Switzerland forget Chelsea and in Italy he became a 1 in 3 goal scorer and he will probably finish this season a 1 in 2 or better goal scorer.

At International level he was always a goal scorer better than 1 in 2 there as well.

He has the skill and natural talent to go with good coaching and experience he has gained over the last few years to become the player we have now.

murpho999 wrote: »

I wonder if Lallana will get a run out for us? Think he could become important as the season goes on and he gets fitter.

I didn't mean the team was depressing ,I meant the fact it's not hard to guess our starting line up, if we remove firminio/ox who do we add, lallana ? really hasn't been great since been back ,even with just couthino we could rotate him,mane ,Salah,ox I just feel we are a bit short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't see Salah leaving this summer but if he keeps playing the way he is the likes of Real would be mad to ignore him.

Saying that if we qualify for CL again next season, a decent run in it this season, win/go close in the FA Cup we might not lose anyone in the summer.

Keep who we have, add Keita and then another few players (keeper and midfielder/number 10) and we'd be set well for 2018/2019 season.

Please stop trying to sell players off 6 mths after they've joined it's extremely annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I didn't mean the team was depressing ,I meant the fact it's not hard to guess our starting line up, if we remove firminio/ox who do we add, lallana ? really hasn't been great since been back ,even with just couthino we could rotate him,mane ,Salah,ox I just feel we are a bit short

I swear to god there's no pleasing some people,we have the most exciting forward line in the league and you know what they're all playing tonight against the bottom side just enjoy it yea

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I swear to god there's no pleasing some people,we have the most exciting forward line in the league and you know what they're all playing tonight against the bottom side just enjoy it yea

Wait, wait, wait.

We're ALLOWED enjoy Liverpool matches, so we dont have to hide behind the couch anymore?

Am I the only one confused by this post :P

Please stop trying to sell players off 6 mths after they've joined it's extremely annoying

This might surprise you but I (nor any of us in here) have any sway with the club.

If Real come in for Salah and he wants to leave he will eventually leave. No point burying your head in the sand.

Who said I won't enjoy? wasn't me anyway, just making a point about being short in quality numbers and no real threat from the bench

Real will get Harard and a proper Striker in the summer so no need to worry about Salah just yet,

Real will get Harard and a proper Striker in the summer so no need to worry about Salah just yet,

Kane and Hazard this summer would be my guess. Your talking £300m at least though.

Lallana? Fitness? I don't think I've ever seen the lad play a full 90 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liverpool have rotated the squad far more than any other team in the league, if anything we've the least predictable lineup.

This might surprise you but I (nor any of us in here) have any sway with the club.

If Real come in for Salah and he wants to leave he will eventually leave. No point burying your head in the sand.

After Virgil getting guts of 200k/week I reckon we'll need to give Salah, mane, Bobby & a few more players maybe improved contracts asap.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »

After Virgil getting guts of 200k/week I reckon we'll need to give Salah, mane, Bobby & a few more players maybe improved contracts asap.

Yeah apparently Pogba is going to demand the same pay as Sanchez. Giving new players sky high wages causes disharmony with existing players.

Augeo wrote: »

I thought VVD salary was reported as £170k

Fun bobby must be getting about close to £200k every game these days with his basic wage and bonuses for goals and assists.

He gets £69k basic and is now getting £85k a goal and £31k an assist from his leaked contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Fun bobby must be getting about close to £200k every game these days with his basic wage and bonuses for goals and assists.

He gets £69k basic and is now getting £85k a goal and £31k an assist from his leaked contract.

The way players should be paid - MASSIVE bonuses for goals and clean sheets. Make em play for it!

Cost a bloody fortune tonight tho hopefuly!!

I read that one of his recent goals triggered the next phase of his contract putting him on 150k a week

Hopefully Bobby's next contract will have a clause that sees his wages reduced for taking his jersey off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I read that one of his recent goals triggered the next phase of his contract putting him on 150k a week

Was about to say, you could put a 1 in front of the 69k and he'd justify it tbh.

Considering Fun Bobby's buyout clause is £83m I am surprised one of the big boys sh1t even one of the medium sized boys in this market hasn't triggered it yet.

Of course there is a no sale to Arsenal clause.

Get Fun Bobby signed to a new contract now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sappy404 wrote: »

Where were you last season?

He played 27 league matches and totaled 2350 minutes which averages 87 mins per game.

People seem to have forgotten his performances last season, he was one of our most important last season.

• Advertisement

I thought VVD salary was reported as £170k

Is that not the guts of 200k? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Where are people getting these wage numbers from? I read a red top claiming 180k a week but I can't help but feel it's probably exaggerated like the Sanchez talk of 500-600k. Surely it's all click bait with very little if any actual insight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i am looking for an account.

This looks like the place to find one.

Sappy404 wrote: »

Where were you last season?

He played 27 league matches and totaled 2350 minutes which averages 87 mins per game.

People seem to have forgotten his performances last season, he was one of our most important last season.
    I think he'll be extra important for us in Europe , people have short memories he was undropable last season , I think once his fitness peaks he'll have a huge part to play, I also think he'll start for England in the World cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I think ox could actually force his way into the team. If he can shoot more often he might even get double digits (maybe not this year but going forward)

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think ox could actually force his way into the team. If he can shoot more often he might even get double digits (maybe not this year but going forward)

I actually think Ox was brought in to replace Coutinho in the unlikely (little did we know) event that he wanted to go in January.

We also wanted to get him now, to prevent Chelsea from signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »

Drink driving kills people. It doesn’t, it can but it’s not guaranteed. It was a stupid thing to do, luckily the only one adversely affected was him. If Bobby had killed or injured someone then the reaction would’ve been different. Kicking a woman is kicking a woman every time.

That's like saying if Flannagan had swung at yer wan and missed it'd nor have been as serious.

Just because a potential victim is lucky enough to avoid the results of ****ty behaviour doesn't lessen the magnitude of the ****ness of that behaviour.

The problem with drink driving and dangerous driving in general is that the link between the action and the harm it can cause isn't immediately obvious until the worst happens. It's not intuitive.
    So while it requires selfishness and thoughtlessness, it doesn't require being a pure dirtbag.

Going and battering a woman to the floor can't be thought of in anything other than those terms.

I'd say drink driving is a **** up - even one that's really serious. Ignorance can explain if not excuse it to an extent and so long as you're not doing with a sense of absolute contempt for everyone else, it's not a reason to write a person off.

Being the sort that gets into fights generally or attacks people and particularly those who you're a lot stronger than bespeaks a seriously and fundamentally poor character.

Even with Suarez, I can accept that some people are just a bit mental and lash out. I've acted in ways that I'm ashamed of when I'm angry and I'm sure most people have blown a gasket to one degree or another at some point.
    That's a far cry from sustained violence, especially within a more normal, non-competitive environment, outside professional sports, like battering your gf in the street.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I actually think Ox was brought in to replace Coutinho in the unlikely (little did we know) event that he wanted to go in January.

We also wanted to get him now, to prevent Chelsea from signing him.

We all know that AOC wanted to play centrally for Arsenal, and when he played it was Winger/Wing Back, and never ever ever played a full 90 minutes.

I think Klopp seen that the other top 5/6 clubs had an interest, so strengthen us instead of them. And that he actually see that a bit of drive and pace centrally along with Mane and Salah outside would be rather tasty for the counter. It's starting to make alot of sense to me now as to why he was signed, it originally didn't, I thought he was going to be warming the dugout.

I've never seen such underwhelming announcement than Miki to Arsenal.

Chap looks so unhappy to be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

DUKqGzCWkAAjB9T.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement