Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

That Mane chance is going to come back and bite us I think. We haven't got a lot of chances and we need to put away the ones we do get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »
    Jaysis lads, it was a very hard chance in fairness.

Slipped on the sh!tty pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I take it they held the Welsh Ploughing Championships at the Liberty Stadium this weekend, yeah?

Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

niallo27 wrote: »
    The goal was down to VD for me. Gave away a completely needless corner.

And assisted the goal:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

murpho999 wrote: »
    This Clucas name being metioned makes me think of the great Brazilian that used to play for Cliverpool.
    I always think Clucas Leiva :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Vvd giving away a needless corner followed by a rubbish header away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

"Better starting position"

Yeah, why doesn't he just stand directly where the ball is going to go? Has he not thought of that? Surely someone should tell him.

Standing to far to his left, and then when shot came in dived from there, ball did not even go in corner. He might want to move his feet before he dives and keep more central in goal in first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

klose wrote: »
    This is essentially Swanseas game plan working perfectly, set up shop from kick off and hope to nick a goal out of nothing which is what they've got. The big question is can klopps Liverpool break down a team that has zero interest going forward, we always struggle and are certainly struggling here. A couple of nearly moments but that's about it. Still 45 to turn it around so I won't panic just yet.
    We’re created two decent chances, Mane and Salah. Should be at least level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's ways around poor surfaces or players not being sharp on the ball but we're trying to force it down the middle in those circumstances. We should be able to mix it up more with Salah and Mane working overlaps on the wing and getting right to the dead ball line more often but they always cut in, right into traffic, with the whole Swansea defence and all our runners and other forwards smushed together within about 10 feet of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

kopite386 wrote: »
    That Mane chance is going to come back and bite us I think. We haven't got a lot of chances and we need to put away the ones we do get.

Is that half chance is all we create then we deserve to lose I fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

These are the games we miss Coutinho. Far more than a Man City game.

That being said, Ox and Can in particular look like fúcking pub players. Can't control. Can't pass straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

This is where Liverpool need to show 'character', similar to Burnley and Leicester recently. Will be another huge win if we can pull it out from here.

Don't blame Mane for that chance at the end, was very tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Mane love a dramatic finish, again he had time to take it down and calmly roll it in. Kung Fu Mane again.

Didn't think you could top the Karius post but I've clearly understimated you...

Unless this is just a piss take, in which case it's very good.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Our midfield is rubbish yet again,I can't for the life of me see what can brings to the table

said it before and ill say it again, Can can f@@k right off. I dont give a sh1t if he leaves. He is the most over rated midfielder we have had since Jay Spearing:D

monkey9 wrote: »
    That Mane chance just there is a huge moment in this game.

As was Salahs but to be fair neither was an easy chance and both would have been unreal goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Standing to far to his left, and then when shot came in dived from there, ball did not even go in corner. He might want to move his feet before he dives and keep more central in goal in first place.
    He was in the middle of the goal. Stop making it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ball did not even go in corner.

Literally as far into the corner as possible, but yeah alright.

Mgf5gS3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We've come back to turn losses into wins and draws to wins lately (Leicester, Burnley, Everton), need to do it again.

The Liberty is the Ospreys stadium as well.

It looks like they've been doing scrums on it because they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's ok lads we have enough quality on the bench to rescue the game, actually scratch that we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

"Better starting position"

Yeah, why doesn't he just stand directly where the ball is going to go? Has he not thought of that? Surely someone should tell him.

Will you be replacing Actherberg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Grayditch wrote: »
    I take it they held the Welsh Ploughing Championships at the Liberty Stadium this weekend, yeah?

Jesus Christ.

It hasn't stopped the Swansea boys passing it around mostly on the ground too tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I don't rate Karius but you're nuts if you think he could have saved that.

SlickRic wrote: »
    These are the games we miss Coutinho. Far more than a Man City game.

Sure, maybe, but these are extremely common games over the past few years, all of which Coutinho was part of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Fer needs to be booked ffs

he's getting a way with a lot

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why are people treating Toby's posts as serious all of a sudden? He's always been mad as a bag of hatters.

davycc wrote: »
    It hasn't stopped the Swansea boys passing it around mostly on the ground too tbf

Yeah it's be electric stuff from them...Cutting us to shreds.

Gomez has probably been the only one that's really been outright poor.

It hasn't been a total shambles or anything.

Some games just exposed our limits playing possession football and not having any cohesion between midfield and attack.

Surprised so many thread regulars still fall for the Toby gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Toby is the only one saying Karius should have saved that and why anyone is taking him seriously is beyond me.
    Karius no way at fault for it but that doesn't mean he is pretty useless in every game for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Why are people treating Toby's posts as serious all of a sudden? He's always been mad as a bag of hatters.

Hatters cant be blammed for his posts. Your mad if you think hatters would have saved him from that post.

Ridiculous that people blame the hatters every f@@king time. Scape goats!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Turtyturd wrote: »

It's done for everyone else's sake tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We have shown very little in the final third and Swansea have setup and executed a perfect game plan against us, they've done almost everything right to nullify us......I think we can win the game but we need to be more direct and up the quality in the final third......frustrating first half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Swansea manager said they had a surprise for us, and boy were they not wrong so far.

I'm relatively new, wasn't too aware of him. He's got some interesting opinions but I won't be subscribing to his magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Can is playing very poorly. He's something of an enigma and i've been slow to make up my mind on him but thinking he caan only really be a squad player, not be first IX. Plays brilliantly one week and you think he could be a very important player but then, next week, he is feckin plodding around, struggling to break into a jog as he passes from side to side.

On today's evidence, Keita can't get here soon enough. Think we are missing Henderson also.

Gbear wrote: »
    Gomez has probably been the only one that's really been outright poor.

It hasn't been a total shambles or anything.

Some games just exposed our limits playing possession football and not having any cohesion between midfield and attack.

A few have been a bit lazy in the first half to be honest. They need to wake up and get that ball moving quicker. A few times there where opportunities like the Salah chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm relatively new, wasn't too aware of him. He's got some interesting opinions but I won't be subscribing to his magazine.

We all love his quirks

We'll win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Dare I say it but the type of game against a packed defence where you'd need Coutinho to lash in a free-kick or a 30 yarder.

was thinking the exact same thing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

One of these games where Firmino looks like a championship player. He has them every so often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Losing 1-0 to the bottom team after beating the top team. Stress levels high and pissed off as most had a feeling this would happen as is so often the case over the years.

It's easy then for people to take Toby's bait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Martin Tyler creaming himself with the David / Goliath sh1t already, the insufferable pr1ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

surprised wij wasn't booked for the foul on fer, the way the ref is going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Firmino has been so quiet so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why the **** are they constantly playing the ball back inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

a bit more urgency this half.

When simple passes aren't coming off it's so frustrating to watch them attempting all these little flicks

Just fall over and get a free kick I guess

• Advertisement

Ref is rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement