Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can you name who they should sign and who would be available?

I think tonight was more to do with tactics than personnel. We had quality attackers out.

James Rodriguez...on 2 season loan to Bayern, but apparently can be bought before its over.

on fire at the moment for Bayern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Still positives to take from that game

Fair play to you, I'd say you see an empty glass as half full!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Negative_G wrote: »
    Deflection.

The tell tale of a spoofer.

Stick to talking about the game maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

We have Danny Ings and Solanke as attacking subs and we have Mane in shyte form all season and yet people in here are happy to saunter on through the season with no reinforcements signed, without a care in the world, be grand when we finish 5th like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Have to look at a big fat L beside us in table now for at least 5 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Urgh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

In 8 days, played two games. Beat an unbeaten top of the table side and then lose against the bottom side.

Something wrong there.

2 different teams tried to play the same way which is pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We have Danny Ings and Solanke as attacking subs and we have Mane in shyte form all season and yet people in here are happy to saunter on through the season with no reinforcements signed, without a care in the world, be grand when we finish 5th like.

How some fans think we have adequate attacking options from the bench is nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If i could thank this post twice i would.

Honestly how can people be fine with what we have so far. Our rivals are signing good players this window and we are sitting on a big pile of money twiddling our thumbs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Can you name who they should sign and who would be available?

I think tonight was more to do with tactics than personnel. We had quality attackers out.

Tbf it's not our jobs to identify personnel. People are getting paid good money to do that.

It's grand saying there's no one available right now but if that's the case, you can understand the frustration amongst fans that the club has left themselves weakened like this. Game was crying out for something different from midfield. Lallana came on but is still finding his feet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We bought Ings when we were shopping at the car boot sales. Sooner he finds a club the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Stick to talking about the game maybe?

This isn't a match thread. Are you a mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Yeah but sure the winners qualify for the champions league automatically so whats the big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No real surprise but our midfield is shíte without Coutinho. Can, Wijnaldum and The Ox are hard working plodders. Grand when the front three are firing but otherwise there's nothing there.

Reminded me of the Burnley game last season.

This isn't a match thread. Are you a mod?

Nah I just think calling someone a spoofer for having a different opinion is needlessly dickish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ricero wrote: »

Honestly how can people be fine with what we have so far. Our rivals are signing good players this window and we are sitting on a big pile of money twiddling our thumbs.

Yep if you ignore the player we signed we haven’t signed anyone.

It'll be cool, we won't get any injuries, all players will play well and won't need a rest, no rotation needed, we will get the right players in the Summer. They will shine in the Europa next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We are chasing a game and we bring on Danny ****ing Ings. If we have aspirations of going far in the champions league, fa cup and making sure of top 4 we need more quality.

We have 145 million pounds in the bank. We can sign plenty of good players with that war chest.

I think any player would have struggled with that 5 man Swansea back line.

It was how we were set up in the midfield that was wrong.

I'm all for upgrades, and I'm often posting here about how FSG don't spend the cash but I also don't believe in just spending money for the sake of it or panic buying after our first defeat since October.

The team is good enough to do well in Champion's league as they won't face defensive line ups like Swansea too often.

I have no issue in waiting till the summer to get the right players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep if you ignore the player we signed we haven’t signed anyone.

I should clarify that i mean a forward player

Sanchez wouldn't get a game with us :pac:

• Advertisement

Who says people are happy that is just nonsense. People would love us to sign reinforcement 95% of the people here anyway however I moat want the right person for the right price and not to be raked over the coals because we have a war chest as you have but it previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is the kind of thing that worries me in the hunt to get top 4. The lack of urgency to sort out massive weaknesses. As usual, we can be shook in any given game. Beat the league leaders in one game and stumble around the muck team in last place the next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who says people are happy that is just nonsense. People would love us to sign reinforcement 95% of the people here anyway however I moat want the right person for the right price and not to be raked over the coals because we have a war chest as you have but it previously

Klopp is happy alas.

SIGN KEVIN VOLLAND!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Nah I just think calling someone a spoofer for having a different opinion is needlessly dickish.

You know what they say about opinions.

Someone makes a statement based on what many others have said. Turns out they were completely incorrect. Gets called out, big deal.

Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Whats the craic with Keita surely we have to spend the extra few bob on him if theres no other options on the market.

Nah, there's plenty in here saying we're fine, squad is well stocked in attacking players, I read here the other day we have 10 attackers apparently so no need to sign any more.

Just rotate Salah into Firminos position if he gets injured, but who plays Salahs then, maybe Mane but he's been shyte then who goes in his position etc etc...You end up with Dom Solanke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We need a massive midfield upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Augeo wrote: »

He sacrificed a lot of moral victories to join United.

Glazers Out!

You could tell how that was going to go after 15 minutes. Swansea with 10 players behind the ball and Liverpool passing it around slowly in front of them. Only thing unknown was would Swansea take their only chance from a set-piece? And they did. And would Liverpool take any of their few chances? They didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

after 5 mins you could tell it was going to be one of those nights. no intensity, sideways passing all night. I think Gomez got forward for the first time around 70 min mark.

there will be nights when you can't break down these teams but at least come away with a 0-0 draw if that is the case.

So ****ing annoying.

• Advertisement

It'll be cool, we won't get any injuries, all players will play well and won't need a rest, no rotation needed, we will get the right players in the Summer. They will shine in the Europa next season

What a load of utter rubbish you chastise people here for only saying positive thing while all I here in your posts is defeatism. It is just 1 game and maybe we will get a player in before the end of this window maybe not but if we pay 2 much which I say we would have to you be right on here complaining 2. Kloop did a good enough job rotating his players in the last half of the season and I can see him do the same and unlike you I am convinced we will be in CL next year and be stronger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well that’s what happens when there is no creativity to open packed defences. Minor chances created nothing taken and as per usual 1st shot on target by other team is a goal. Tonight it seemed Liverpool thought they could just turn up,to,win and paid the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Liverpool have only failed to score twice in the past 21 games.

Against Swansea and West Brom. The two bottom teams in the league table.

tells a big story..wonder did Can and Gini start in those games also

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We need a massive midfield upgrade

Can Henderson both to go keep Winaldium (cant spell his name) as squad play get in DM and another 2

Can't win them all, but that's one of the ones we can win.

As has been said we're in a race for top 4, not the title, top 4 candidates lose games, they drop unnecessary points. I'd love to be gunning for the title but we're not quite there yet.

Losing is shíte, doubly so if it's against the last team in the league, triply(not sure if that's a real word) so if it comes right after being the first team to beat the eventual champions all season, but shíte losses happen, we just have to make sure they happen to us less often than our rivals, they're gonna drop shíte points too.

Do I think we need to sign an attacker this month? Nah I don't think we need one, getting one in would certainly help solidify our top 4 spot, as was said when there was talk of Keita coming in early, but I don't think signing someone is an absolute necessity. I'd like us to sign one of course, I'd like us to sign 3 new attackers sure, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen, I don't think it will define our season.

I'm well up for moping about like everyone else, not much else we can do after a performance like that, but it's just one game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Augeo wrote: »

To be fair I dont think anyone said he wouldnt get a game. A lot said he wouldn't be guaranteed starter and no way he would come here without a guarantee.................. and of course 500k a week wages.

If we want to sign anyone now we are gonna have to break that 100M mark

You know what they say about opinions.

Someone makes a statement based on what many others have said. Turns out they were completely incorrect. Gets called out, big deal.

Get over it.

We're on boards.ie ffs I'm not looking for a fight, I just don't see why every post needs to be met with such animosity.

What a load of utter rubbish you chastise people here for only saying positive thing while all I here in your posts is defeatism. It is just 1 game and maybe we will get a player in before the end of this window maybe not but if we pay 2 much which I say we would have to you be right on here complaining 2. Kloop did a good enough job rotating his players in the last half of the season and I can see him do the same and unlike you I am convinced we will be in CL next year and be stronger

It's hard to be positive when the rock bottom team easily defeated us and we looked inept. I posted pre game that I thought we'd thrash them, that's where my positivity got me!

We NEED to sign attacking players, pay over the odds if we have to, simple as that, I can't see how that can be disputed tbh.

Where was the midfield though? The main players bring the ball forward in the 2nd half were the defenders. Midfielders didn't even want the ball.

That is where Coutinho is missed. He linked the defence to the attack. Moved the ball quickly.

• Advertisement

I think any player would have struggled with that 5 man Swansea back line.

It was how we were set up in the midfield that was wrong.

I'm all for upgrades, and I'm often posting here about how FSG don't spend the cash but I also don't believe in just spending money for the sake of it or panic buying after our first defeat since October.

The team is good enough to do well in Champion's league as they won't face defensive line ups like Swansea too often.

I have no issue in waiting till the summer to get the right players.

This exactly is what I think also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im just gonna say wijnaldum and can are fcuking useless,if we're gonna be plodding along with them as our midfield then we are rightly fcuked,Jesus we have money now yet still persist with them,roll on the summer so we can get rid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Surely Emre Can is one of the worst players to have played for is on a regular basis? The only downer about him leaving us is that some of the posters here aren’t in control of some poor clubs 50m transfer budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Don't need an attacker in this window. Just someone willing to do the ugly sh1t in midfield and who can keep the ball moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What is Firmino actually attempting to do defensively for the Swansea goal?

That is where Coutinho is missed. He linked the defence to the attack. Moved the ball quickly.

Coutinho played a part in many a tame loss like tonight, he's not an easy fix-all either.

• Advertisement

Klopp is happy alas.

SIGN KEVIN VOLLAND!

Is he maybe not maybe it is not his style to show his emotions about transfers on TV and I am okay with that. For all we know he is everyday trying to find player to bring in and see if they are available and at what price

I don't think we're in for anyone else this month. Now that's based on absolutely nothing at all as ever since the van Dijk apology Liverpool have been airtight about transfers, so there's every chance we could announce one out of the blue, I just think it would have happened by now had we signed someone(aside from van Dijk of course).

Can't win them all, but that's one of the ones we can win.

As has been said we're in a race for top 4, not the title, top 4 candidates lose games, they drop unnecessary points. I'd love to be gunning for the title but we're not quite there yet.

Losing is shíte, doubly so if it's against the last team in the league, triply(not sure if that's a real word) so if it comes right after being the first team to beat the eventual champions all season, but shíte losses happen, we just have to make sure they happen to us less often than our rivals, they're gonna drop shíte points too.

Do I think we need to sign an attacker this month? Nah I don't think we need one, getting one in would certainly help solidify our top 4 spot, as was said when there was talk of Keita coming in early, but I don't think signing someone is an absolute necessity. I'd like us to sign one of course, I'd like us to sign 3 new attackers sure, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen, I don't think it will define our season.

I'm well up for moping about like everyone else, not much else we can do after a performance like that, but it's just one game.

We don't need one yet getting one would help solidify our push for top 4 seems a bit contradictory.

You're obv happy to have Ings and Solanke as main attacking reserves and just hope that we get no injuries or loss of form to our starters and no real ability to rotate them, seems a very risky/stupid tactic to me after selling our main creative player for a wheelbarrow full of cash.

No real surprise but our midfield is shíte without Coutinho. Can, Wijnaldum and The Ox are hard working plodders. Grand when the front three are firing but otherwise there's nothing there.

Reminded me of the Burnley game last season.

I wonder were you saying that last week or when he got MON. Couinho may well have been still injured for this game anyway.

Look I agree that we can not play the same way against Man City and Swansea because as the Swansea boss said in his interview Liverpool are a F1 team but if you clog the driving lanes then they can't do it. Kloop need to see this and change his style for these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can we be critical now????

Fair play Swansea, up for the fight.

It was a tough watch.

Sad to see defence and attack let us down in the same match. Maybe that's harsh though, there was a lucky bounce for the goal.

Looked like they were playing in knee deep mud.

At least we know our place now, it'll be for top four at best.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement