Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Horrible game ...

didn't deserve to lose but played with such a **** pace to the game, no intensity and a lack of respect for what they would bring - which was just honest graft at the end of the day - something you need to still EARN the right to beat.

Typical Liverpool they will say - which just shows how much of a job it is to reverse popular opinion that we are that sort of team.

Welcome back to earth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We don't need one yet getting one would help solidify our push for top 4 seems a bit contradictory.

I think signing one would almost guarantee top 4, although I think without a signing we're still clear favourites ahead of Arsenal and Spurs.
    You're obv happy to have Ings and Solanke as main attacking reserves and just hope that we get no injuries or loss of form to our starters and no real ability to rotate them, seems a very risky/stupid tactic to me after selling our main creative player for a wheelbarrow full of cash.

No need to project so much. I think Ings, Solanke, Sturridge(if he stays at the club and stays fit) are all so-and-so players that could obviously be improved upon, I just don't believe improving upon them is vital right now as I don't think we're going to need to rely on any of them all that much in the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

What is Firmino actually attempting to do defensively for the Swansea goal?

I’d be more concerned with VVDs header straight down to an attacking player, he did something similar earlier in the half as well. Plus two terrible clearances in a row for corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I suppose Man United lost to Huddersfield, Chelsea to Palace, Arsenal to Watford and Bournemouth. It happens. I just hope Jurgen cops on and improves the squad this month. That midfield was shocking.

van Dijk was piled on by about 3 other Liverpool defenders all attacking the ball, there was absolutely no more he could have done from that corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

It's hard to be positive when the rock bottom team easily defeated us and we looked inept. I posted pre game that I thought we'd thrash them, that's where my positivity got me!

We NEED to sign attacking players, pay over the odds if we have to, simple as that, I can't see how that can be disputed tbh.

I disagree with paying over the odds (a small bit is okay but 2 much no) but as I said if they did pay over the odds and the player did not do well you be on here moaning they played over the odds. This is out 1st loss since October in the league 1ST LOSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Klopp needs to learn how to play against all teams,not just ones who come out to play otherwise he will not be a success at Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

murpho999 wrote: »
    The team is good enough to do well in Champion's league as they won't face defensive line ups like Swansea too often.

Surely some teams will decide to do a Swansea on us ? Hopefully not Porto

mada999 wrote: »

The teams in the CL generally aren't used to playing like Swansea would and it'd be a massive risk to completely change their system for one game. Obviously a team like Juve are still defensive powerhouses but I think he's right in saying we won't face many games like that in the CL knockouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I disagree with paying over the odds (a small bit is okay but 2 much no) but as I said if they did pay over the odds and the player did not do well you be on here moaning they played over the odds. This is out 1st loss since October in the league 1ST LOSS

No I wouldn't be complaining tbh, don't know how you can surmise that. We grossly over paid for VVD for starters, you won't find any posts from me complaining about that. Identify the target pay the money , get the player and I'm happy, it's not my money, I'm sure the club accountants can look after the clubs affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

We're on boards.ie ffs I'm not looking for a fight, I just don't see why every post needs to be met with such animosity.

There's no animosity.

Numerous people expressed their concerns. Those concerns transpired.

What would you rather? Just gloss over someone taking a pop at people expressing genuine concerns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

van Dijk was piled on by about 3 other Liverpool defenders all attacking the ball, there was absolutely no more he could have done from that corner.

VD shouldn't of went near the ball in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mada999 wrote: »

Would not expect good sides, not fighting relegation, in a knock out tie to play like Swansea did tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We need a massive midfield upgrade

Pogba available for around 35m..

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

I knew heading out to football tonight that Liverpool would slip up...as sure as night follows day, Liverpool will always let you down when you think they should win with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Would like to see some personnel changes depending on who we are playing. Trent tonight over Gomez with lallana over wij.

People going on about how we can't sell coutinho and sturridge... They are both gone. Sturridge is never fit and available. Forget about him.

We do need another wide attacker I think. Look short there if anything happened to front three. Or to be able to haul mane off when he plays like he did tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

No I wouldn't be complaining tbh, don't know how you can surmise that. We grossly over paid for VVD for starters, you won't find any posts from me complaining about that. Identify the target pay the money , get the player and I'm happy, it's not my money, I'm sure the club accountants can look after the clubs affairs.

I said if the player was playing badly. So far VVD has not done 2 much wrong and would not even blame him 2 much for today's goal he was 2 crowed out by our own players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

bangkok wrote: »

He's too old now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

That's going to put a dent in winning the form table league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We'll bounce back from this. I hope Swansea can continue their fine form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ohhh, they're all in tonight.

Don't need an attacker in this window. Just someone willing to do the ugly sh1t in midfield and who can keep the ball moving.

what happens if Bobby gets injured??? Solanke and Ings up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

limnam wrote: »
    That's going to put a dent in winning the form table league.

The we would have won the league in any other year title is still up for grabs though.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ohhh, they're all in tonight.

You'd think they'd at least have the decency to pull the curtains if they're going to be **** each other off like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Grayditch wrote: »
    We'll bounce back from this. I hope Swansea can continue their fine form.

Swansea are one of those sides, raise their game against the big clubs only to fall apart the following week against more modest opposition...

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Would like to see some personnel changes depending on who we are playing. Trent tonight over Gomez with lallana over wij.

People going on about how we can't sell coutinho and sturridge... They are both gone. Sturridge is never fit and available. Forget about him.

We do need another wide attacker I think. Look short there if anything happened to front three. Or to be able to haul mane off when he plays like he did tonight.

I thought Sturridge was supposed to be fit, yet didn't make the match squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Fundamental to playing possession football is attacking in such a way that spreads the defence out and makes the pitch as big as possible.

That's a tactical problem and more fundamental than bad execution by the players. That it takes desperation for us to even try it and that it barely even occurs to us to play with width most of the time is beyond baffling.

We can bludgeon teams, punish mistakes and so on but sooner or later we have a game like today where we're exposed in those areas.
    I think we have the personnel to do it. We just choose not to for reasons unknown.

I'd love to hear questions from journalists that try to address these sorts of things, rather than inane transfer bollocks or basic **** like who's injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You'd think they'd at least have the decency to pull the curtains if they're going to be **** each other off like this.

Ugh that's disgusting.

Gbear wrote: »
    I'd love to hear questions from journalists that try to address these sorts of things, rather than insane transfer bollocks or basic **** like who's injured.

Honestly I'd imagine most managers would much rather be asked questions like this too, it's just that the journalists in the pressers don't work for football publications or tactical analysis blogs, they work for the tabloid back pages and want headlines and edgy quotes, not analysis of any substance.

• Advertisement

The teams in the CL generally aren't used to playing like Swansea would and it'd be a massive risk to completely change their system for one game. Obviously a team like Juve are still defensive powerhouses but I think he's right in saying we won't face many games like that in the CL knockouts.

hopefully not, fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I''d say the neutrals supporters tonight are devastated that there's no match threads anymore as they have been waiting since October for this result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

bangkok wrote: »

He said upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No need for a midfield tonight, that's why it looked absent, no need to press, we had the ball. It was probably a game to play 3-3-4 in , Ing, Salah, Firmino, Mane up front.
    Or at least we should have had Lallana and Ox in midfield, Can and Wij was not needed here, Can was enough on his own.

xabi wrote: »
    He said upgrade

He did ok against swansea though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Liverpool bring the concept of frustration to an entirely different level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Quick look in the utd thread.

Christ, I know we've a few spanners here who like to tempt faith but it's nothing like the universal gloating that goes on in there when we lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

noodler wrote: »

Christ, I know we've a few spanners here who like to tempt faith but it's nothing like the universal gloating that goes on in there when we lose.

*fate

Of course there's going to be jubilation and gloating. Our biggest rivals and the team who are likely to be closest to us at the end of the season just lost against a very poor team dropping points in a game we all expected you to win. This added to what is already a very good day for us is making us a bit giddy. It could all be brought back down to earth on Friday night with a fecking draw against yeovil though so I won't say too much.

Bottom of the league though.

Swansea....

See it from our side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah feck 'em why would you even bother looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lord this place is going to be putrid for a while now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

It's the first time this season we have lost to a bottom half team I think, the timing couldn't have been worse coming so soon after the City win.

I'll not be hitting the panic button just yet but it sure is disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ah come on stop it. It's tit for tat and always has been. It's tough to read when your team loses, but it happens. Commenting on it and implying people are worse than spanners in other threads is so that anything.

Plenty of games to go. Plenty of ups and downs for all teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vicxas wrote:
    Lord this place is going to be putrid for a while now

Don't read it despite losing to a dreadful, dreadful side it's as if we dropped in the bottom 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

limnam wrote: »
    Bottom of the league though.

Swansea....

See it from our side.

If we wanted to see it from your side we'd venture into the United thread. I seen there earlier some lad got goosebumps watching Sanchez playing the piano, I stopped reading after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If we wanted to see it from your side we'd venture into the United thread. I seen there earlier some lad got goosebumps watching Sanchez playing the piano, I stopped reading after that.

In fairness we're replying to a comment from one of your friends where he's literally talking about having read posts in the United thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nalz wrote: »
    Ah come on stop it. It's tit for tat and always has been. It's tough to read when your team loses, but it happens. Commenting on it and implying people are worse than spanners in other threads is so that anything.

Plenty of games to go. Plenty of ups and downs for all teams.

I can't agree.

Its never universal in here. It's always a couple of snide posts interspersed with regular match /team talk.

Anyway, least of our worries.

Both teams had to play on it so not an excuse for the result but my god, rugby on a Premier league pitch the date before a game really contributed to the game being absolutely atrocious as a spectacle.

When United lose I'm happy.

When United lose I do not go into the United thread and embarrass myself by trying to wave my dick around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

When United lose I'm happy.

When United lose I do not go into the United thread and embarrass myself by trying to wave my dick around.

In fairness, the lads who go into the United thread when they lose can't be expected to post whilst looking for their dick at the same time, can they?

Same goes for theirs who wade in here of course.

• Advertisement

I do not go into the United thread and embarrass myself by trying to wave my dick around.

:o:o:o:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement