Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Jayop wrote: »
    In fairness we're replying to a comment from one of your friends where he's literally talking about having read posts in the United thread :rolleyes:

You may all be "friends" over there in the United thread but I can assure you, I don't like a single person in this thread.

When United lose I'm happy.

When United lose I do not go into the United thread and embarrass myself by trying to wave my dick around.

But some folk do.... dunno if they try to wave yours or their own though TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'll not be hitting the panic button just yet but it sure is disappointing.

It's good you're waiting at least one more game for the panic button and not overreacting too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

When United lose I do not go into the United thread and embarrass myself by trying to wave my dick around.

Just had a look and the thread is full of the Liverpool match chat.

I don't get why they are so happy as we are useless and irrelevant.

Also, don't they realise that the best they can get this season is 2nd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Augeo wrote: »
    But some folk do.... dunno if they try to wave yours or their own though TBH.

We should just have a weekly fight club thread where they can bicker all they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Does anyone remember the the poster from America who found this thread and site from Google I always liked his posts and calmness after defeats like this.

I don't think he has posted in about a year if not more.

Edit; It was Raif Severance and it's nearly 3 years since he posted Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You may all be "friends" over there in the United thread but I can assure you, I don't like a single person in this thread.

Fair play lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very small is it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's one loss in 19, isn't it?

Wish it had been an adventurous 4-3 is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe I'll start heading in when I have a nice fart brewing.

• Advertisement

We're still on right track for top4.
    I've a slight worry about mane's form and I suppose salah will have an off day too every now and then.
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Does anyone remember the the poster from America who found this thread and site from Google I always liked his posts and calmness after defeats like this.

I don't think he has posted in about a year if not more.

Edit; It was Raif Severance and it's nearly 3 years since he posted Wow.

Was that the capitals guy? I liked him.

Remember Caoimhn(sp)?

brevity wrote: »

Remember Caoimhn(sp)?

Yes It Was As Far As I Remember :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

brevity wrote: »

Remember Caoimhn(sp)?

Caovyn or something. It was a simpler time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Very frustrated with that performance. Thought midfield let us down badly.no creativity and too many touches taken, Emre in particular. Lack of leadership too. In these types of games and our style of play an early goal is key.
    Just have to forget about it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

2nd is the target, Klopps target, it's one we'll reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No, you embarrass yourself talking about **** with the curtains open and waving dicks around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

To the poster saying you were missing Couthino. I'd just like to point out that he was sold to Barcelona recently. He's not actually coming back...anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nalz wrote: »
    No, you embarrass yourself talking about **** with the curtains open and waving dicks around.

Sounds like my kind of party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sounds like my kind of party.

Sounds like my front room. Howdy neighbors o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Honestly a loss happens , time to say fcuk it regroup and well figure out where it went wrong and how to not go wrong again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

First defeat in 18 or something. As frustrating as tonight was, we're gonna lose games now and again. Hopefully we can just go on another long unbeaten run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Frustrating and a pain in the ass yes,but a win at home in the cup and I'm sure we'll go on a good run again,I still stand by the fact we need serious upgrades in midfield defence and goalkeeper but that won't happen till the summer if ever

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Frustrating and a pain in the ass yes,but a win at home in the cup and I'm sure we'll go on a good run again,I still stand by the fact we need serious upgrades in midfield defence and goalkeeper but that won't happen till the summer if ever

Midfield is ok when it has work to do, I dunno what you would ask of the midfield tonight when they had nothing to do. I just think we needed to start with two creative midfielders, not CAN WIJ and OX . Lallana and Ox from start with Can would have done. Lallana made an impact when he came on, needed to start in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Midfield is ok when it has work to do, I dunno what you would ask of the midfield tonight when they had nothing to do. I just think we needed to start with two creative midfielders, not CAN WIJ and OX . Lallana and Ox from start with Can would have done. Lallana made an impact when he came on, needed to start in this game.

We need a midfield who can break down stubern defensive teams,wij and can cannot do this,the majority of teams we come up against will set up like this,not all teams will play into our hands like city,any chances we had tonight we're created by our defence while our midfield walked around with their dicks in their hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

To the poster saying you were missing Couthino. I'd just like to point out that he was sold to Barcelona recently. He's not actually coming back...anytime soon.

Well holy sh!t! This is the kind of top notch observation I'd expect to find written by the highest paid, most intelligent and cunning linguistically talented journalists in the footballing world. Yet, here it is. On Boards. In the Liverpool thread of all places. Magical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Also nice to see the troll not a troll Mick thanking himself off all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

noodler wrote: »
    Can we put Mané back on the right.

Just to try.

This is exactly it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Having slept on it I'm throwing this result in the "sh1t happens" pile. Of course the main thing now is our reaction to it, west Brom in the cup at home and Huddersfield away midweek next week and if I was both managers looking at that game I'd be thinking there's no way my team ain't playing like Swansea did tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Glico Man wrote: »
    Also nice to see the troll not a troll Mick thanking himself off all over the place.

You're wrong there, bud, it's only Liverpool fans who thank fellow fans antagonistic posts in the Utd thread. Isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

klose wrote: »
    Having slept on it I'm throwing this result in the "sh1t happens" pile. Of course the main thing now is our reaction to it, west Brom in the cup at home and Huddersfield away midweek next week and if I was both managers looking at that game I'd be thinking there's no way my team ain't playing like Swansea did tonight.

That's it. A defeat away to a struggling team who've picked up form recently under a new manager... nothing too major to worry about in isolation.

But, there are so many poor teams in the league this year that Klopp is coming up against the bus more and more often, and he really needs to find a way past it. The midfield was shocking last night - poor decision (again) in games like this to play both Can and Wijnaldum. I would've had Lallana there instead of the latter.

I think VVD needs a few more games to get up to speed too. I thought he played ok last night with his only real error being the sliced clearance to gift them the corner they scored from. For the goal I thought Fermino was at fault as he backed into VVD when he should have realised it was too high for him. Otherwise he was a threat from set-pieces and floated in the perfect pass for Fermino right at the death which should have been the equalizer.

Gomez was a worry again with his over eagerness to dive in. I know he's young and all that but I'd give TAA a few games now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

klose wrote: »

Purposely stayed out of here last night to avoid the trolls and panic merchants.
    Obviously a poor result, and having only watched the second half, a poor performance. Hindsight is great, we didn't need 3 workers in midfield last night alright, and perhaps if fully fit TAA should have started at RB.
    Swansea followed the template that caused such problems a year ago, that started by Plymouth of sitting very deep and parking the bus. They gambled and got lucky with a goal against the run of play, but we'll always give up goals.
    As this poster says, the important thing is to react well. I'd expect WBA to do the same at the weekend and Huddersfield next week, so we have to move on and learn quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mane's form despite decent stats is a worry.

Doesn't seem as quick this year maybe Salah overtaking him as affected his confidence.
    We really need another forward option signed but it won't happen. A wide winger/forward to take on players would be a good signing someone like Zaha.

Lallana again looked poor last night too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »

Doesn't seem as quick this year maybe Salah overtaking him as affected his confidence.
    We really need another forward option signed but it won't happen. A wide winger/forward to take on players would be a good signing someone like Zaha.

Lallana again looked poor last night too.

Lallana played 22 minutes last night and I don't remember him doing a lot wrong.

Almost got a last gasp equaliser too only for some good last ditch defending to stop him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Especially your big "we are gonna finsh second to city" dick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MD1990 wrote: »

Mané's role has changed this season, though. That's largely why his performances have dropped I'd say.

Last season, he was the pacy winger who cut inside and played just off the striker, essentially operating as a striker in many games as Firmino moved around. This season, Salah does that.

A lot of what Mané does now involves stretching the defence through moving out wide, etc.

No doubt his form has dropped but a lot of people seem keen to put it down to confidence and/or Salah and it is, at least in part, down to him playing a new role as far as I can see.

That and he has always been ****e in the winter months. Just ask Southampton fans. We didn't see it last season as he was at the AFCON and then injured!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

People need to take a step back and breathe for a moment.

Before the City game everyone (or the vast majority) would have been happy with 3 points from City and Swansea, 4 would have been ideal. We got 3 so relax, unfortunately the wins were the opposite way to what we would have expected.

We have played well in most games since October, blown teams away and ground out results. Yes there has been a few disappointing draws in there but you can't win them all.

Last night Swansea played well, they set up to frustrate us and did a great job of closing off space. We played poorly and were below our usual performances. We were due a poor performance/result and we got it.

A loss is not the end of the world, we are not winning the league so we don't need to win every game. Top 4 is the aim and the other teams playing for the same goal will also drop points between now and May.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

I normally tend to stay away from forums after games, win or lose, but I feel compelled this morning to have a bit of a rant.

I don't get to watch near as many non-Liverpool games as I used to, wife and kids and put an end to that, but what do the other top teams do to break down a compact team that are defending well? From what I remember they used to constantly get a fella out wide and use an overlapping full back who would cut in or get to the byline and then would have numerous players arriving in the box in all different areas. This stretched teams as much as possible. It didn't always work but it certainly put teams under much more pressure that we did last night.

I dont know how many times I roared at the TV when VVD would pass to Matip who would take 2 touches and pass across to Gomez who would pass into Can who would turn, look up, see everyone standing in the middle, and lay it off to VVD who would lay it on to Robertson who would cut back in and start the process again. All the Swansea players had to do was keep shuffling over back a few yards to block the space.

Why are we so adverse to getting players out wide? Our full backs, Gomez (who I highly rate and wouldn't be calling for to be dropped) in particular doesn't seem to want to run ahead of the ball into space. Mane and Salah both want to tuck in and make the same run over the top. Granted this has worked an awful lot this season but it wasn't working last night so why persist with it, get out wide and try something different.

Midfield is too pedestrian in games like this. Its like they have to make 3 passes when 1 pass would do. Can is an enigma, there are some games where I think just give him what he wants so we can to hold on to him but there are other games then that I think why bother. These games normally rotate on a game on game basis. The pace needs to be upped and I think the best way of doing this is by getting the ball wide but we don't seem to want to do this.

I think we have a very good team so I am not suggesting panic buttons should be pressed but by God I get so frustrated watching games like that when the opposition come off the pitch barely breaking a sweat and smiling at how easy that was. Yes we should have equalised at the end but we barely deserved it and Swansea were comfortable enough throughout. It wont click for us every game but no team we play against should have it as easy as they did last night

Turmoil Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Got a text from my Dad near the end of the game last night.

"Are you watching this shite?"

Think that sums it up fairly well, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

murpho999 wrote: »
    Lallana played 22 minutes last night and I don't remember him doing a lot wrong.

Almost got a last gasp equaliser too only for some good last ditch defending to stop him

Well considering we had 90% of the ball in the last 20 mins & Swansea were parking the bus not much of a chance to do a lot of wrong . He made no impact on the game.

I thought Chamberlain was one of our better players shouldn't have been taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ahh well last night was just one of those games. If it continues next week V Huddersfield then is the time to worry. For now it is the 1st loss in 20 games so it is hard to take but all teams need a kick up the behind once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mane is most certainly lacking confidence ,He seems to have lost his composure on the ball,
    Lallana looked like a player whos missed a lot of the season but wil lcome good,
    I don't get playing Gomez last night, he was awful from minute one, We knew we'd have the ball for most of the gamer have played Trent ,
    Even when Jurgen subbed Ox he should have taken off Gomez fro Lallana and put Ox right full ,His delivery is miles better than Gomez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

David N'gog has signed for Ross County.
    He's been training with them for the last few weeks.

Will he cut it on a wet, windy, -16 degree day in the Arctic Circle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lord this place is going to be putrid for a while now

Well, that's the reality of having high expectations.

Bottom line here is that we nearly missed out on the top four last year due to no January investment. It would be utterly foolish to risk that again, particularly when our keystone offensive player is now gone and we have the additional load of at least two high focus Champion's League games. Last night seals the argument on this for me. Sign another starting quality player further up the pitch. If it relegates Lalallana and Ox to bench options that's a really, really positive thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

We all dreaded it might happen, and it did.
    Tore my hair out at Gomez last night...never got wide to the sideline, never did an overlap, offered no outlet to firmino, mane on that side...he stood ten yards infield, inside his own half for the most of the 90 mins and casually passed it to matip time and time again. They played with 11 behind the ball yet we insisted on going through the middle all night. Played the same formation and banged our head against a brick wall.
    why not change to 3-4-3? ox wide right, robertson wide left...and get at them on the outside??
    Disappointing night where nothing went for us, bobby not heading right and some challenge by mawson on lallana at the end!!!
    Its galling to think we could have gone 5 clear of spurs yet didnt take the chance. (as usual)
    Still, we've had a great run since our last defeat..so hopefully this gives them another kick up the backside and we go on another run...we have the fixtures coming up to do it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Noted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

don't know why he took off Ox last night, he was the only one in midfield trying as Wiji and Can reverted to type of been absolutely useless.

I'm not worried I think they were on the beer at bit too much after that city win by the looks of it.Beat Huddersfield and West Brom and it'll be forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

murpho999 wrote: »

Lallana looked good but on a number of occasions held on to the ball way too long and there was no last ditch defending from the rebound off Bobby's shot, he just spooned it didn't he?

I like Lallana a lot and if we get him back to how he was last season then smashing but he is not there yet. Also needs to cut his hair!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement