Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

In fairness to the Lukaku fee, he is a near guaranteed 20/25 EPL goals a season striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

noodler wrote: »
    In fairness to the Lukaku fee, he is a near guaranteed 20/25 EPL goals a season striker.

That's very true but that's not much good when he fails in the big fixtures when United need goals. Although scoring 20 odd goals each season is a great stat I'd be wanting a striker like that to produce in big games.

Kane and Vardy have a great record in big games off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Butland rumours now appearing too, summer move stoke want 30 million, but he is not our top target for the position.

Looks like the weak areas are being addressed

That arsenal game looks like it was the last and final straw for klopp when it comes to this defence. About time he gets ruthless and strenghtens the back line.

I like the look of butland but i am always hesistant when its comes to an english goalkeeper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

MD1990 wrote: »
    Otamendi will get found out again. Way too slow but City's full backs have been a huge help Walker & Delph both way quicker getting back to give cover.

Otamendi is a top CB having a stellar season imo, would be in my team of the season so far. Every time I watch him he uses the ball very well and snuffs out any counters effectively, as well as chipping in with goals.

That said, being a CB in that City side is almost like playing a totally different position / role to what, say, Tarkowski plays at Burnley.

Kind of off topic, but to bring it back to VVD, this is the only real question mark he has to answer - can he play as a CB in a top team that has major attacking intent which is really almost a different role to a CB at a middling club?

Klopp thinks yes, it's a very special kind of player needed, and I can see why he waited so long for him.

He played for a dominant team in Celtic, so good that he has this kind of experience under his belt (i.e. playing CB for a team that usually dominates games).

Fee aside, some people are talking about VVD like he's Bonucci.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

^^^ £83m for Andy Carroll? Just got sick into my coffee.

No you didn't, youre just drinking Starbucks. :pac:

That's what you get for not drinking dunkin' donuts.

dNwAwgn.png

A Rio ish signing so :)
    Will Virgil be as good as Rio? I hope he won't be scrutinized to feck but he will be.

Be grand, fingers crossed :) Matip could no doubt improve with Virgil alongside him...could well be a key signing.

It's nice to have landed the main target for CB.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Augeo wrote: »

Be grand, fingers crossed :) Matip could no doubt improve with Virgil alongside him...could well be a key signing.

It's nice to have landed the main target for CB.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. Matip is a fine player but has 'suffered' from playing with different partners and how bad they have been at times.
    I think a good run playing alongside Virgil could see a return of the confident and composed play that Matip is calable of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,941 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goretzka has agreed to join us next summer is the latest.

It's going to be a crazy window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Highly talented/rated German player runs down his contract = Bayern Munich.

Will be shocked if he ends up elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would people be shocked if we sign our targets and go on and dominate league and Europe for next ten years, with Klopp remaining at club winning title after title and 4 Champions leagues.
    If we buy the players we're currently linked with, the only shock to me would be that we didn't go on and dominate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would people be shocked if we sign our targets and go on and dominate league and Europe for next ten years, with Klopp remaining at club winning title after title and 4 Champions leagues.
    If we buy the players we're currently linked with, the only shock to me would be that we didn't go on and dominate.

Can you hear them coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Fromvert wrote: »
    Highly talented/rated German player runs down his contract = Bayern Munich.

Will be shocked if he ends up elsewhere.
    Can going to Bayern :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

micks wrote: »
    Can going to Bayern :eek:

He said highly talented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

In what can only be described as a bat**** insane turn of events, former wrestler Virgil has begun pretending to be VVD

https://twitter.com/TheRealVirgil
    Welcome to Liverpool.

virgil0021.jpg?w=640

You did this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Julien Laurens on the totally football podcast says Kevin Trapp wants to join Liverpool (for game time pre WC) but the club (PSG) don't want to let him go yet.

x43r0 wrote: »
    In what can only be described as a bat**** insane turn of events, former wrestler Virgil has begun pretending to be VVD

https://twitter.com/TheRealVirgil

You did this

:D:D

Brilliant, Virgil probably thinks he can milk it for a bit of money.

DSI8JIpVQAApUYv?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

hold-hold.jpg

• Advertisement

Should be the minimum given the amount Liverpool have sent to the Dell.

ESPN sez Wolfsburg want Origi deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

ESPN sez Wolfsburg want Origi deal.

So thats where FSG are getting the Van Dijk money from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Origi, every time he was asked to go on pitch he did so very well. His minutes per goals for Liverpool are probably decent.
    How can he not be worth 30m in this market.
    21 goals in 89 Appearances for Liverpool, and a lot of those appearances where short and sweet like a sugar coat midget.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So thats where FSG are getting the Van Dijk money from

Joking aside, we should be looking to get 25m or so for him at least. A buyback clause would be nice too.

I like Origi, every time he was asked to go on pitch he did so very well. His minutes per goals for Liverpool are probably decent.
    How can he not be worth 30m in this market.
    21 goals in 89 Appearances for Liverpool, and a lot of those appearances where short and sweet like a sugar coat midget.

He's worth a little more than we paid for him. Possibly.

30m, even in this market, is crazy.

Probably get about £40/5m for Origi, Ings & Sturridge that's a good lump off the VVD price for unwanted squad players.

noodler wrote: »
    He's worth a little more than we paid for him. Possibly.

30m, even in this market, is crazy.

Dunno what the finances of Wolfsburg are like these days but Liverpool will not give them the time of day if it's not a sensible offer in the context of 2017. There are plenty of PL clubs who'd pay a handsome sum for him.

A team outside England won’t pay 30 million for him.

Would like to see him kept. Had two really good runs in the team during Klopp’s first season and at the beginning of last season but lacked a bit of consistency.

I think with the shift away from a more traditional cf to our current interchangeable front 3 he doesn’t get into the team. Would be our first choice bench option but probably has bigger aims than hanging around to pick up a paycheck and the odd few minutes of game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wouldn't begrudge him for wanting to leave but he'd be a nice squad player to keep around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hopefully a buyback clause in any deal f

I think with the shift away from a more traditional cf to our current interchangeable front 3 he doesn’t get into the team. Would be our first choice bench option but probably has bigger aims than hanging around to pick up a paycheck and the odd few minutes of game time.

This is the nub of the issue regarding all potential striker comings and goings. As long as Klopp is happy to use an interchangeable front 3/4 which work as a unit the traditional centre forward is largely redundant. Any we have now could be sold without weakening the side while any that might be tempting for their quality would not come to sit on the bench for 75% of their time at the club.

So I'd not be shocked if Ings, Sturridge and Origi all went in 2018 and Solanke was the only CF for "plan B" emergencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Goretzka has agreed to join us next summer is the latest.

It's going to be a crazy window.

Where are you seeing this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

noodler wrote:

He has scored more than 20 in only one seasonable is currently on track to not reach 20 again...... he is basically Rooney

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/schalke/liverpool-will-goretzka-54319664.bild.html

It's all a bit tabloid but hey, better than an article saying no chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You really know it's transfer season when your reading ropey translated articles by google.
    But: In addition to Liverpool are still the Bayern, FC Barcelona, ​​Manchester United and Juventus Turin in the race. An extension to Schalke? Very unlikely!

How bitter that was, was clear again yesterday. The portal transfermarkt.de updated the market values ​​of the Bundesliga stars. Absolute winner: Goretzka. Its value exploded from 23 to 40 million euros - Schalke brings it now but not a penny!

What? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ERG89 wrote: »
    You really know it's transfer season when your reading ropey translated articles by google.

What? :confused:

I think Toby is google translate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Watched a few clips on youtube of goals scored by Liverpool over the last year. While there are some crackers in there from outside the box and your typical volley, but I just love the counter attack tap ins.
    Its a joy to watch when one of the front four set up a team-mate for an easy goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this ?

He's a Twitter believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I'd not be shocked if Ings, Sturridge and Origi all went in 2018 and Solanke was the only CF for "plan B" emergencies.

Of those three is Ings not the most suited to the interchangeable system if he regains his fitness and on that basis likely to be kept?

Solanke looks a serious player and whilst nowhere near as mobile as the others he is a very tidy player who knows where the goal is and can play the physical target man role if required.

Solanke’s very similar to Origi but not being as far along in his development he doesn’t need to be playing every week. So off loading Origi and keeping Solanke around makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know why that Armenian lad Micka Ryan wasnt a target for Klopp when he moved from Dortmund to United? He seemed to be an integral part of Klopps Dortmund team so wondered why Klopp wasnt in for him when he wanted a move to the PL. It looks like he is on the way out of United very soon. Would he be worth a cheeky bid?
    Especially now that Mourinho has failed to get the best out of him it kinda leads me to believe that he is actually world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know why that Armenian lad Micka Ryan wasnt a target for Klopp when he moved from Dortmund to United? He seemed to be an integral part of Klopps Dortmund team so wondered why Klopp wasnt in for him when he wanted a move to the PL. It looks like he is on the way out of United very soon. Would he be worth a cheeky bid?
    Especially now that Mourinho has failed to get the best out of him it kinda leads me to believe that he is actually world class.

What is a cheeky bid?

Utd never sell to Liverpool and I'm sure Klopp has his reasons for not going for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Catching up on the thread.

Talking of players who turned down other teams to come to Liverpool and you all left out fun Bobby who turned United down to come to Liverpool.

Had to read the Utd thread too lol. Complaining about Burnley’s time waisting both the fans and their manager, have they forgotten about their recent trips to Anfield not even going to start with Jose and his dirty tricks of game “management”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

murpho999 wrote: »
    What is a cheeky bid?

A term used by the cool kids on social media. Much like a "cheeky nandos" etc.

In normal language I suspect it means submitting a low bid for a player or submitting a bid for a player to a club who are unlikely to accept for various reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sturridge on loan to Southampton is the latest I've seen on the news tickers

So have Madrid started their attempt......

The original and the best Ronaldo tells Coutinho Barca treat Brazilians badly.
    “I felt much more happy and more connected to Real Madrid, despite having lived a great year in Barcelona,” Ronaldo told Esporte Interativo.

“In the end, my history with Barca was very bad, similar to the one Neymar had

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-philippe-coutinho-warned-barcelona-14090968

Let the bidding war start!

Being honest a loan with an option to buy is the best we can hope for at this stage of the season. None of the teams in trouble look like splashing cash, especially on sick note. If he manages to stay fit Southampton might be convinced to take a punt, if not we’re no worse off as things will reset in the summer with promoted teams and those that finished in the bottom half looking to bring in a few names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭garra

Being honest a loan with an option to buy is the best we can hope for at this stage of the season. None of the teams in trouble look like splashing cash, especially on sick note. If he manages to stay fit Southampton might be convinced to take a punt, if not we’re no worse off as things will reset in the summer with promoted teams and those that finished in the bottom half looking to bring in a few names.

He could be hawked around the relegation fodder too, lets face it any of the teams in bottom half of table would love a finisher of his ilk to stay up.

If Defoe can get a three year contract on crazy wages at Bournemouth I sure some of the other clubs down there can be crazy enough do the same for Sturridge.

garra wrote: »
    He could be hawked around the relegation fodder too, lets face it any of the teams in bottom half of table would love a finisher of his ilk to stay up.

They would but it’ll look really stupid to splash out on him only for him to make 3 or 4 appearances and the team to get relegated anyway. They can afford to take that risk a bit more during the summer than at this stage imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement