Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ricero wrote: »
    "Since the summer Liverpool have spent

£154.9m

And received from player sales

£179.2m

This don't include champions league money or TV money

And some think this ok SHOCKING"

Copied and pasted this from twitter. Crazy if true. Really feel this window is another missed opportunity and a classic 1 step forward and 2 steps back which we have become acustomed to under FSG Klopp.

I'll never understand why you direct all your anger towards the owners, when it seems quite clear buying or not buying is the manager's decision.

To be honest, while i want recruitment, I do understand Klopp's point of view. That for a player who will be on a 4-5 year contract, it's worth waiting the extra few months for the one he actually wants to work with. Particularly as everything about his system is based around the whole, rather than the individuals. The moments of brilliance only come about because of the team ethic in place, and it's obviously a very finely tuned thing, that could be ruined by the wrong player coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

ricero wrote: »
    "Since the summer Liverpool have spent

£154.9m

And received from player sales

£179.2m

This don't include champions league money or TV money

And some think this ok SHOCKING"

Copied and pasted this from twitter. Crazy if true. Really feel this window is another missed opportunity and a classic 1 step forward and 2 steps back which we have become acustomed to under FSG.

Salah , VVD , Chamberlain , Robertson , Keita and solanke.

The players lost for this where coutinho and Lucas.

Honestly believe that Klopp and FSG have played a blinder. Coutinho is a big loss but he is not the monumental loss that was Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Adam Lallana injured again. Can’t be relied on and a player should be signed to replace him. When he’s fit he’s very good. But it’s becoming the exception rather than the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Salah , VVD , Chamberlain , Robertson , Keita and solanke.

The players lost for this where coutinho and Lucas.

Honestly believe that Klopp and FSG have played a blinder. Coutinho is a big loss but he is not the monumental loss that was Suarez.

We should try to keep in mind that we are actually trying to improve the team so they challenge for the league or CL or both.

I really hope Klopp has a couple of big signings lined up for next season and hopefully a title challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

A player like Eriksen would do us the world of good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I really think mahrez would be a great signing,I'd prefer him to lemar anyway

And yet, if we did this, others would be moaning that our scouts have zero imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

rgace wrote: »
    We should try to keep in mind that we are actually trying to improve the team so they challenge for the league or CL or both.

I really hope Klopp has a couple of big signings lined up for next season and hopefully a title challenge.

Would you have considered Suarez, Couts or Firmino big signings when they put pen to paper for Liverpool???

VVD aside has Klopp ever signed big???

Klopp is a manager that likes to develope players and has a very good record at doing just that. He has signed a lot off average to good players and sold them later for millions as you call them BIG SIGNINGS. That is clearly why Klopp and FSG work so well together...;)

doc_17 wrote: »
    Adam Lallana injured again. Can’t be relied on and a player should be signed to replace him. When he’s fit he’s very good. But it’s becoming the exception rather than the rule.

I wouldn't worry too much about him just yet... it's normal for people coming back from a longer term injury to get a whole bunch of other little injuries as they make their return... all the other muscles and joints that have atrophied while they've been out are all much more susceptible to collapse. Just takes a wee while to get everything back up to speed and in sync again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Would you have considered Suarez, Couts or Firmino big signings when they put pen to paper for Liverpool???

Klopp is a manager that likes to develope players and has a very good record at doing just that. He has signed a lot off average to good players and sold them later for millions as you call them BIG SIGNINGS. That is clearly why Klopp and FSG work so well together...;)

I take your point, although Keita, Ox, VVD, Salah could all be considered big signings but I really just mean good players.

Playing a blinder would have been all those signings plus holding onto Coutinho imo.

I am not blaming Klopp for that as clearly he tried to persuade him to stay but Coutinho was desperate to leave but it still means we have lost one of our best players and we are still a fair way off where we want to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

rgace wrote: »
    I take your point, although Keita, Ox, VVD, Salah could all be considered big signings but I really just mean good players.

Playing a blinder would have been all those signings plus holding onto Coutinho imo.

I am not blaming Klopp for that as clearly he tried to persuade him to stay but Coutinho was desperate to leave but it still means we have lost one of our best players and we are still a fair way off where we want to be.

Affraid thats life.....you cannot force a player to stay if they dont want to. They are people and not slaves.

All the club could do was get the maximal price for the player and that is what they did. We only have to hope that Klopp and his team have a plan to buy or replace him. However as we seen with VVD Klopp will wait for the right player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Only realised we play again Tuesday evening away against Huddersfield (was sure it was Saturday, lol) & then home against Spurs on Sunday week. They host United on Wednesday so next week is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

ballyargus wrote: »

Random Theory Friday:
    If we had bought him when we had the opportunity we would have won the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about him just yet... it's normal for people coming back from a longer term injury to get a whole bunch of other little injuries as they make their return... all the other muscles and joints that have atrophied while they've been out are all much more susceptible to collapse. Just takes a wee while to get everything back up to speed and in sync again.

Well he hasn’t been uselful to us this year yet. And that’s becoming more common. He takes time to play his way back to form and add that to the time he is usually out injured makes him a player we can’t rely on. We should plan accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

brevity wrote: »
    Random Theory Friday:
    If we had bought him when we had the opportunity we would have won the league.

Our hypothetical year.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Well he hasn’t been uselful to us this year yet. And that’s becoming more common. He takes time to play his way back to form and add that to the time he is usually out injured makes him a player we can’t rely on. We should plan accordingly.

Oh yeah, totally agree with that, I just mean I don't think he's a Sturridge-esque perma-crock just yet..

So, on the prospective transfer front... was thinking, i'd actually love a cheeky bid for Luiz. Seems surplus to requirements at Chelsea, but I think he could be great for us in front of the back four. Also as a backup option at CB of course, but I think he'd fit in at the base of our midfield very well. Great range of passing, mobile, confident on the ball, and adds a bit of extra size in defence as well.

Still only 30, and another Brazilian buddy for Bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Echo is reporting the players didn't train together in the build up to the Swansea game to stop illness spreading throughout the squad.

Klopp is saying it is not an excuse for the result just a matter of fact that they didn't do the tactical training together for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lucas Moura for 25m is a no brainer, he's only 25 and never gets injured. He'd be a good servant, a 25 year old with over 350 games under his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The Echo is reporting the players didn't train together in the build up to the Swansea game to stop illness spreading throughout the squad.

Klopp is saying it is not an excuse for the result just a matter of fact that they didn't do the tactical training together for the game.

They could've had a Skype session, surely that would have been the safest way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

ERG89 wrote: »
    Only realised we play again Tuesday evening away against Huddersfield (was sure it was Saturday, lol) & then home against Spurs on Sunday week. They host United on Wednesday so next week is huge.

Tuesday I didn't realise it was that soon, heard Mig, Moreno and Taa were back in and the rest the same as Monday, not so sure that's right couldn't be with the game Tuesday

• Advertisement

Lucas Moura for 25m is a no brainer, he's only 25 and never gets injured. He'd be a good servant, a 25 year old with over 350 games under his belt.

Very good player alright... though i'm not sure its in his natural game to do the kind of pressing Klopp likes. Not that he can't do it, but he doesn't do it by default. Also, heavily favors the right side of the pitch, which both Salah and Mane do as well... would love to get someone whose natural game is based on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    So, on the prospective transfer front... was thinking, i'd actually love a cheeky bid for Luiz. Seems surplus to requirements at Chelsea, but I think he could be great for us in front of the back four. Also as a backup option at CB of course, but I think he'd fit in at the base of our midfield very well. Great range of passing, mobile, confident on the ball, and adds a bit of extra size in defence as well.

Still only 30, and another Brazilian buddy for Bob.

Literally the last thing we need I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The only problem with developing players and buying potential, as we have been doing since Houllier at this stage is they havnt all developed together and materialised in to a league winning side. The reality is, the ones that develop in to real top level talent capable of pushing the final step, we only have them for a season or so before the likes of Barca come sniffing, so it needs to happen all together if a title is ever going to come.

The only problem with developing players and buying potential, as we have been doing since Houllier at this stage is they havnt all developed together and materialised in to a league winning side. The reality is, the ones that develop in to real top level talent capable of pushing the final step, we only have them for a season or so before the likes of Barca come sniffing, so it needs to happen all together if a title is ever going to come.

Klopp has done well with going for a bit of both though... Mane and Salah for instance, joining us right as they're hitting the peak of their powers. One could guess that the plan is the same for VVD and Keita. Those are 4 key positions in the core of the team. If we did the same with a goalkeeper, and one or two more additions, we'd be looking in great shape.

But obviously he's looking for a balance, of getting these guys just before the big teams are interested, so going for the market of guys who are basically the best we can realistically attain, right as they're on the cusp of stepping up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

ballyargus wrote: »

Still boggles the mind we didn't go for him before Spurs snapped him up for £12M or whatever it was.

There you go the club signed a player.

thumb_56989_default_news_size_5.jpeg
    Liverpool FC can confirm the signing of Tony Gallacher from Falkirk in a permanent transfer, with the 18-year-old to join up with the Reds’ development squad.

Full-back Gallacher has put pen to paper on a contract to complete his move to Anfield.

The Scotland youth international is a product of Falkirk’s academy and made 17 first-team appearances for the Scottish Championship club this season.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/288714-reds-complete-deal-for-tony-gallacher?__twitter_impression=true

Two Scots in the squad now to get a Irish lad in it.

Rice at West Ham would be my shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Former Liverpool striker rediscovering 'love and hunger' for football in Sligo

http://www.the42.ie/adam-morgan-interview-january-2018-3816104-Jan2018/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fuck all else happening in Sligo for him not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Congrats to Caroline wozniaki Denmark's biggest Liverpool fan on winning the Australian open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »
    Fuck all else happening in Sligo for him not to.

Oi!! Wash your mouth out with soap. Capital of the North West mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oi!! Wash your mouth out with soap. Capital of the North West mate.

Leitrim...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Two Scots in the squad now to get a Irish lad in it.

Rice at West Ham would be my shout.

He’s not joining the senior squad yet but will join the development squad of which there’s a few Irish in.
    Caoimhin Kelleher, Conor Masterson and Glenn McCauley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Congrats to Caroline wozniaki Denmark's biggest Liverpool fan on winning the Australian open
    C4s7-CEWQAAWDAk.jpg

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Leitrim...?

Pretty sure Leitrim doesn't actually exist. A bit like Tír Na nÓg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Knex. wrote: »
    Pretty sure Leitrim doesn't actually exist. A bit like Tír Na nÓg.

The Leitrim Conspiracy is a smoke screen. It's to provide cover for the real story: Roscommon doesn't exist.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Whats a Leitrim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

NukaCola wrote: »
    Whats a Leitrim?

french haircut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's mad I was just on the bus coming from John Lennon, a local lad was asking us were we from sligo he said his mate Adam Morgan he's after joining them used to play footy with Liverpool.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'll be fun in here if we lose to West Brom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

5starpool wrote: »

God, can you imagine? When’s the last time we lost two in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Keita only on the bench for Leipzig today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

jasonb wrote: »
    God, can you imagine? When’s the last time we lost two in a row?

985. Brian Boru with a poxy deflected strike. Migs still should have got to it though.

5starpool wrote: »

Meh..... worst case scenario magic of the cup etc. Be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'll be fairly pissed if we lose today.

Actually I'll be fairly pissed regardless of the result.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm just annoyed Liverpool are playing West Brom. It's football's wet Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Jesus team I said yesterday was right info, bit mad with Tuesday as well a tough game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Are we on the box later on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Seve OB wrote: »
    Are we on the box later on?

BT Sport2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement