Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,691 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Whens Klopps presser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

cjmc wrote: »
    Whens Klopps presser?

Probably around 2 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Scenes when United pay 75m for a crocked gareth bale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The presser will only be about one thing it's fair to say. And he can't even play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I presume VVD will slot seamlessly into the team when he's officially available, I trust that the Skype training sessions he had with klopp will mean he knows exactly what's required for the role.

Given his lack of match time I'm expecting a gentle introduction with his first start against er Southampton! Nah Swansea away (22nd) or Huddersfield (30th) at home I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,940 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The way Carra was talking it could take him a month to lose the weight he has on and get proper match fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would expect him to start against Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

A bit off topic but I'm really looking forward to seeing Firmino in the world cup.
    He's a player thats perfect for Liverpool, fits straight into the way we play, a product of Kloop's style. So it will be very interesting too see how well he does in the Brazilian set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Would expect him to start against Everton.

Is this leg of the FA Cup still 2 rounds. If so I'd say he'll get a run out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is this leg of the FA Cup still 2 rounds. If so I'd say he'll get a run out

No leg of the fa cup is 2 rounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

GiftofGab wrote: »
    A bit off topic but I'm really looking forward to seeing Firmino in the world cup.
    He's a player thats perfect for Liverpool, fits straight into the way we play, a product of Kloop's style. So it will be very interesting too see how well he does in the Brazilian set up.

Firmino is rumoured to have an 80m release clause.

Hopefully it is not true but we need a new contract for him asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

MD1990 wrote: »
    Firmino is rumoured to have an 80m release clause.

Hopefully it is not true but we need a new contract for him asap.

Thought there is a no release clause policy at the club since the Suarez incident, it was supposed to be a problem with getting can to sign.

Firmino does have a release clause it was in his leaked contract last season he also had a clause in that he could not be sold to Arsenal.

GiftofGab wrote: »

He wouldn't be a nailed on starter as much as Coutinho anyway.

• Advertisement

Presser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just to put things into perspective.

https://twitter.com/Kristian_Walsh/status/946528887495852033

If we can put a run together like the 13/14 season, we'll be doing alright. The team has European football to deal with as well, unlike the Rodgers side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just to put things into perspective.

https://twitter.com/Kristian_Walsh/status/946528887495852033

If we can put a run together like the 13/14 season, we'll be doing alright. The team has European football to deal with as well, unlike the Rodgers side.

Hopefully this year we don't decide to take January/February off like we did last season. Nice lil' winter/spring break, but almost left us with too much to do to get into the CL places.

Klopp has gotten all his summer targets and the summer budget that was rumoured to be £200m was there and was spent on those players.

Just a pity we couldn't have gotten VVD & Keita in the summer.

But it still shows FSG have backed Klopp with whatever players he has wanted no matter the price.

Is there anything less needed than a pre-match presser? I was nearly bored enough to start counting the number of each sponsor partner logos behind Klopp. Clubs should just fax out a sheet of A4 with whatever bullet points are pertinent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭daheff

anybody else see these rumours on Goretzka joining on precontract deal?

Only place i've seen it so far is the indo.ie...and thats not really a credible source!!! :eek:

Might mean end of Hendo if he does join.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

daheff wrote: »

Only place i've seen it so far is the indo.ie...and thats not really a credible source!!! :eek:

Why Hendo...... Because you don't like him?

:

Well they were the first to break the VVD deal just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

What does Goretzka bring to the midfield that we dont have or won't have when Keita comes in? Is he more defence minded? I know he's highly rated but is it a case that its an opportunity to get a quality free player or will is he a player that will upgrade our midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

German papers have it in them today......not sure how serious it is.

It started to appear yesterday afternoon on a few German sites and started to slowly build from there that's where I first saw it when a friend from Cologne sent it to me.

Goretzka wants to work with Klopp is the basic selling point of the rumours and also that he will publicly announce who he is going to join soon.

Liverpool spending money already Goretzka going to announce soon so rumours have started for less.

PSG keeper Kevin Trapp desperately wants to join Liverpool as well is the other German rumour but PSG don't want to let him go till the summer.

NukaCola wrote: »
    What does Goretzka bring to the midfield that we dont have or won't have when Keita comes in? Is he more defence minded? I know he's highly rated but is it a case that its an opportunity to get a quality free player or will is he a player that will upgrade our midfield?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/liverpool-closing-in-on-german-midfielder-reports-36444045.html

A bit I like in the article....Goretzka was described as "a once in a century talent" by his coach when he emerged through the ranks at VfL Bochum and he has proved his worth as a stellar talent for club and country during his four-year stint at Schalke, with his performance in the No.8 shirt drawing comparisons with Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard.

If we had another Stevie G on our hands then sign him immediately!

Goretzka + Naby Keita = no Henderson for me.

Goretzka
    Naby Keita
    Wiji
    Lallana
    Milner
    Gruijic on loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I can live with Coutinho and Can leaving if Goretzka comes in this summer with Keita.

Still would like to see the Coutinho money invested in another attacking wide player like Lemar or Brandt.

Also if its true the club are looking to sign another cb then i reckon Lovrens days are numbered.

Lovren could end up in Croatian gaol (okay slight chance of that!) if some reports are to be believed.

http://kwese.espn.com/football/liverpool/story/3328015/liverpools-dejan-lovren-faces-perjury-probe-in-croatia-reports

• Advertisement

I wonder could the club sack Lovren and Flanagan for breach of contract or something like that if they end up in prison.

I wonder will VVD be given the captaincy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can is on 35k a week? Surely if he signed with Juve on a free he'd be on 300k a week. Value wise he has to be a 40m pound player in this market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Can is on 35k a week? Surely if he signed with Juve on a free he'd be on 300k a week. Value wise he has to be a 40m pound player in this market.

You think he will get more than double the wages of any other players in the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I wonder will VVD be given the captaincy

I think so. Not sure how quickly but I think he will be given the responsibility. I'd expect he'll be starting the vast majority of games unlike Henderson, who may find his time limited next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We will be pissing in the wind if we don't get a top keeper in Jan,I don't think we'll get top 4 if we dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

hey lads just a quick one,
    Got tickets for the Spurs game just wondering would I make the flight back to Dublin on the Sunday night at half 7 ? Not sure what flights to book , could fly over Sunday home Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Milner is 32 next week so I can't see him sticking around past the summer given his opportunities will be even more limited.

Henderson I don't see going anywhere.

Coutinho won't be going anywhere either unless they get the right price and I am sure Barcelona won't offer the asking price. The media have convinced themselves Liverpool will simply hand him over to Barca. He is contracted till the summer of 2022 so balls in Liverpools court.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We will be pissing in the wind if we don't get a top keeper in Jan,I don't think we'll get top 4 if we dont

I don't see any top keepers being available. As infuriating as Mignolet can be, I don't think he is so bad he could cost us a champions league place on his own.

The mistake against Arsenal has been blown way out of proportion. For instance Cech made a similar mistake in the game and there was very little about it.

Lloris had 2 bad mistakes last weekend and no one batted an eyelid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I don't see any top keepers being available. As infuriating as Mignolet can be, I don't think he is so bad he could cost us a champions league place on his own.

The mistake against Arsenal has been blown way out of proportion. For instance Cech made a similar mistake in the game and there was very little about it.

Lloris had 2 bad mistakes last weekend and no one batted an eyelid.

There is a huge difference between the odd mistake and the permanent propensity to fcuk up. And the latter will have a knock effect in the confidence of our back line. I'm of the opinion of we had a decent keeper, our defence would also improve

There is a huge difference between the odd mistake and the permanent propensity to fcuk up. And the latter will have a knock effect in the confidence of our back line. I'm of the opinion of we had a decent keeper, our defence would also improve

I checked squawka and Mignolet has had 2 errors leading to a goal, same as Lloris. He has been better under Klopp and has improved.

That said, I agree 100%, a better keeper and our entire defence improves as a result. His distribution is pretty ordinary also and given the pace we have on the break, this is a waste.

My point was I don't think Mignolet is so bad we will miss out on the top 4 as a result, but he doesn't help. If we have any intention of winning trophies, then a new keeper is a must. Just don't think there is one available this window.

Hopefully VVD will be made captain and we get to see him command the orginaise all around him.

If he can do that the players beside and behind him will improve I believe.

But I would like to see an upgrade inthe keeper and holding midfield places as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mig makes mistakes that can unsettle a back four though. Not claiming crosses, unable to organise, poor decision making, poor distribution etc etc we've all seen enough to know he's just not good enough. Doesn't he have a goal against every 2 shots or something crazy?

I'm not sure if he'll cost us top 4 but a top keeper is a must and hopefully the ground work is being made now. Would not expect any in Jan though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Milner is 32 next week so I can't see him sticking around past the summer given his opportunities will be even more limited.

Henderson I don't see going anywhere.

Coutinho won't be going anywhere either unless they get the right price and I am sure Barcelona won't offer the asking price. The media have convinced themselves Liverpool will simply hand him over to Barca. He is contracted till the summer of 2022 so balls in Liverpools court.

He might also see next season as his last real opportunity to win some silverware, and want to stick around and fight for a rotational role once more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Juve hardly pay 300 stg per week to non-star players? (if any).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

300 grand with us paying 285 is about the only way an Italian team would manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Hopefully VVD will be made captain and we get to see him command the orginaise all around him.

If he can do that the players beside and behind him will improve I believe.

But I would like to see an upgrade inthe keeper and holding midfield places as soon as possible.

Why would you hope a brand new signing is made captain?

it would have a bad effect on the rest of the squad imo.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Why Hendo...... Because you don't like him?

No
    Not that i dont like him....cant see Hendo & a ‘Stevie G’ type player (goretzka)& coutinho & keita all playing together in midfield...& not forgetting lallana & can(although he looks to be gone).

It started to appear yesterday afternoon on a few German sites and started to slowly build from there that's where I first saw it when a friend from Cologne sent it to me.

Goretzka wants to work with Klopp is the basic selling point of the rumours and also that he will publicly announce who he is going to join soon.

Liverpool spending money already Goretzka going to announce soon so rumours have started for less.

PSG keeper Kevin Trapp desperately wants to join Liverpool as well is the other German rumour but PSG don't want to let him go till the summer.

I think the common link is klopp is german and so are they, so naturally klopp buys home grown(so to speak).

Also saw links with wagner (hoffenheim i think) and a german left back too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

No
    Not that i dont like him....cant see Hendo & a ‘Stevie G’ type player (goretzka)& coutinho & keita all playing together in midfield...& not forgetting lallana & can(although he looks to be gone).

Of the ones mentioned there he is very different as a player

Goretzka Coutinho and Keita wouldn't work I don't think

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement