Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This **** will affect the game on Tuesday too. I bet Firmino and Salah or something like that will be rested. Can't play worse than the last couple of games anyhow. Huddersfield must be looking forward to the game.

Our January crap form is just happening a couple of week later this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

TAA & Gomez are being targeted by opposition teams week in week out as they can see how weak they are right now in their careers.

Yep, Clyne's injury has been our single biggest problem this season imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

awec wrote: »
    We lack consistency and quality.

Thought that was only two things we actually had. I thought we only lacked a good keeper and a replacement for Coutinho.
    We've been so consistent and played some great stuff up to the last two games.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

FFS VvD has played 3 games and hasn't fixed all our problems what's going on???

but also

Sign a new player right now, that'll fix everything
    Yes indeed.

It is amazing that a single new signing hasn't totally fixed Liverpool.

Maybe we need more than one new player? Probably a crazy idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Benimar wrote: »
    Yep, that’s why we conceded 3 goals at home to West Brom. Coutinho is the easy fall back, but how can you concede 3 to them?!

Absolutely fcuking disgraceful performance, especially considering the FA Cup was our best chance of silverware this season.

Not to mention 2 more offside ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

murpho999 wrote: »
    Full credit to West Brom, they played well, defended fantastically and deserved their win.

The reason I'm so disappointed is because I don't agree with this at all.

They played a really open game first half and we were getting in behind them without having to be good or try very hard.
    They cut through us because we were a shower of thundering gob****es.

We had no patience 2nd half, our delivery was muck..

They fought hard enough but it was only noticeable because we didn't match it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Our defence and GK never ever bail out strikers out.

We scored 2 goals. Sometimes you don't score more than 2. At some point the back door has to be kept shut.

It's disgracefully negligent that GK and DM are not being addressed. One CB cannot solve the issues. It's pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gbear wrote: »
    The reason I'm so disappointed is because I don't agree with this at all.

They played a really open game first half and we were getting in behind them without having to be good or try very hard.
    They cut through us because we were a shower of thundering gob****es.

We had no patience 2nd half, our delivery was muck..

They fought hard enough but it was only noticeable because we didn't match it.

So are you saying that WBA didn't play well tonight?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

SlickRic wrote: »

We scored 2 goals. Sometimes you don't score more than 2. At some point the back door has to be kept shut.

It's disgracefully negligent that GK and DM are not being addressed. One CB cannot solve the issues. It's pathetic.
    Nobody is going to buy Mignolet or Karius in January and we won't buy another keeper without getting rid of one first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Up to Swansea we were something like 18 games unbeaten in all comps, playing great football and winning a lot, every team has a shaky spell in a season, i guess this is ours, i won't be panicking just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Couldn't give a fcuk about people leaving early, they pay enough money to spend their ticket how they want.

Says a lot of how little confidence they had of an equaliser & probably got sick of seeing Foster catch fu*king shyte crosses.
    I turned off the microsecond I heard the full time whistle to avoid seeing Alan Pardew look happy & I don't want to hear Klopp talk nonsense.
    Too late to change anything about the squad now tbh; should have already but I don't want to waste more energy arguing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

murpho999 wrote: »
    So are you saying that WBA didn't play well tonight?

Not really.

I'm happy to give teams thier due if they're really at it but I thought we made it as easy as we have for anyone this season.

Just brainless from the lot of them at both ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

7 goals conceded in 3 games

75m pound man, more like 7.50 at he moment.

It is a bit harsh to blame him for goals conceded when he was not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would start Ings Tuesday. Mane on the bench.

Can was terrible. Trent AA is also an overhyped young player. Decent ability but has a long way to go & needs to improve. Matip poor & Wijnaldum very poor again. Lovren in for Matip Tuesday as well.

Will be lots of soft penalties with VAR, if they look at a replay and they see a player was dragged even a tad how on earth can they not give it when dragging a player is a foul, same as it is outside the box. You can simply put a hand on player outside box and he will go down, so will be same when they look at replays, not as if they can argue it's not a foul as its inside box, and only those fouls are giving outside the box.
    Salah was a soft penalty, would never be giving without the VAR. Player touched him, but it was never enough for a penalty until today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ERG89 wrote: »
    Says a lot of how little confidence they had of an equaliser & probably got sick of seeing Foster catch fu*king shyte crosses.
    I turned off the microsecond I heard the full time whistle to avoid seeing Alan Pardew look happy & I don't want to hear Klopp talk nonsense.
    Too late to change anything about the squad now tbh; should have already but I don't want to waste more energy arguing it.

I was watching on a delayed stream and just checked livescore a couple minutes from the end to see if it had ended 3-2 and turned off once I saw it had.

Bit of a miserable week, far more annoyed at this loss than the last one as it's just been so long since we've won a trophy.

7 goals conceded in 3 games

75m pound man, more like 7.50 at he moment.

Seriously what a poor post.

VVD will be good for us but he needs better players beside him and also better protection from the midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

SlickRic wrote: »

Training should be able to sort that, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in training to defend or not concede at the moment. West Bromwich and swansea are full of bang average players and they can defend without much bother. At this stage it's a coaching issue, not a player issue. Except mig and Moreno, they're just sh*t

Meh...... win on Tuesday and we'll all be happy :)

I never thought Virgil would sort out defence or significantly improve it even..... I'm wondering what the plan is to do that TBH.

Gbear wrote: »
    Not really.

I'm happy to give teams thier due if they're really at it but I thought we made it as easy as we have for anyone this season.

Just brainless from the lot of them at both ends.

They took their goals well and then defended well in the second half.

I don't know what more you could expect of them as the away team who were also the underdogs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Absolute bóllox we sold our best player mid season with no replacement lined up and are now served up with this shíte two games in a row.

At least fúcking Arsenal got a replacement for Sanchez included in the deal when they had to sell.
    No choice really. We are a feeder club for Europe's big sides who will snap up our best players. Arsenal are the same and only got a 'replacement' because it suited Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I think if we scored that penalty and made it 2-2, Liverpool would have won as the momentum would have been with Liverpool and West Bromwich would have lost the momentum if we scored.

However, in saying that that is all ifs and buts.. it does not excuse how shïte we played. Both in the Swansea game and this game I've said I wouldnt mind so much the loss if we put in a decent performance and just lost to the other team. But the two games we have been ****. The midfield is being overrun, our goalkeepers are shíte and our defence isn't much better. To add to that Mane is not in good form and our attack just can't seem to hit the goals in at the rate they were earlier in the season.

Pardew so annoying.

VAR got all decisions right and he has a go at it and then claims it caused Gibbs' hamstring injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Having to score at least two goals every game to avoid defeat must be wearing the front line down.

Klopp is starting to look like a one trick pony

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

My God, Moreno was shocking for the goals. For the 1st he was 3 yards ahead of the centre backs ready to break. We lose it and he can't get back. Goal 2, just doesn't do anything to get across and get a block. Goal 3, I had to rewind the goal a few times to find out where he was.

Our last two games will halt the "we've only been beaten by the best two ball playing teams in Europe" speel anyway.

I thought Firmino felt the pressure of the penalty, the huge delay gave him far too much thinking time, what he came up with was poor. He usually waits for keeper and slots it in with no fuss. That huge delay gave him big and bright ideas, wished he'd have just done as he always has.

Klopp is starting to look like a one trick pony

I have a feeling he is getting the best out of the players he has to be honest, apart from the front three and maybe VVD none of them would be too difficult to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I thought Firmino felt the pressure of the penalty, the huge delay gave him far too much thinking time, what he came up with was poor. He usually waits for keeper and slots it in with no fuss. That huge delay gave him big and bright ideas, wished he'd have just done as he always has.

Ahh now he smacked it off the crossbar. Few inches lower and that would have been considered a flawless penalty. He was unlucky.

I think Robertson would have offered more cover for the second, or was it first. A last ditch effort from Moreno, trying to make up the huge space he left only for it to go through his legs. Robertson would have been more defensive in his position, no last ditch attempt, he would have been on him before he had a chance to shoot.

• Advertisement

rgace wrote: »
    I have a feeling he is getting the best out of the players he has to be honest, apart from the front three and maybe VVD none of them would be too difficult to replace.

Well excluding the front 3 &Virgil he bought ox, Matip and wij of the remaining 7.

Trent, mig & hopefully Moreno aren't starters anymore thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Klopps body language in that interview is telling.

We went full strength today, except for Klopp to get his beloved Moreno back in straight off the back of a long injury. He had every excuse to drop Robertson, said he needed a rest, WTF ! He's only in team for last few games,and had whole week to rest.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Klopps body language in that interview is telling.

Telling of what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Still no idea why Moreno was playing, we do not win many when he plays. I would have prefered Robertson, Clayton or even Gomes in there. Probably tough to blame hime for some of the goals conceded today and Ming does not help but knowing you have to cover around for him most of the time and that he is likely to miss every challenge has to be in the back of your mind when making decisions on positions to take up.

Augeo wrote: »
    Well excluding the front 3 &Virgil he bought ox, Matip and wij of the remaining 7.

Trent, mig & hopefully Moreno aren't starters anymore thankfully.

There are a lot of good players and a few very good players. Just about good enough for top 4 and CL knockout stages, obviously Klopp bought a lot of them but I am of the opinion he is getting close to the best out of them.

I really hope Moreno won't get a run of games. I fear he might though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Augeo wrote: »
    I really hope Moreno won't get a run of games. I fear he might though.

I doubt it, Robertson has not done anything majorly wrong to deserve to be dropped. I'd only keep vvd out of that back 5 as our starting back 5.

At least Arsenal are picking up trophies year in year out. In another cup final this season.
    And they're crap apparently .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Klopp ****ed up with starting Moreno again,I'll say it again for as long as matip, migs,can,wijnaldum,are starting games for Liverpool we will win sweet fcuk all and we can add taa and Moreno into that too

Telling of what?

Klopp wears he heart on his sleeve. He is expecting the worst reaction to this, but we're all behind him still. He'll see that in next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

We went full strength today, except for Klopp to get his beloved Moreno back in straight off the back of a long injury. He had every excuse to drop Robertson, said he needed a rest, WTF ! He's only in team for last few games,and had whole week to rest.

Crazy isn't it? Last season Milner was first choice left back and did a great job. This season Klopp has Moreno inexplicably back in the team any chance he gets and he's rewarded with Moreno's Greatest Hits: soft goal after soft goal.

I don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Klopp wears he heart on his sleeve. He is expecting the worst reaction to this, but we're all behind him still. He'll see that in next few days.
    I'm not behind him, he's an idiot to be still picking those donkeys on his team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

radiata wrote: »

You are most definitely an idiot

radiata wrote: »

Yeah he should have started all those other players we have that are way better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ardent wrote: »
    Crazy isn't it? Last season Milner was first choice left back and did a great job. This season Klopp has Moreno inexplicably back in the team any chance he gets and he's rewarded with Moreno's Greatest Hits: soft goal after soft goal.

I don't get it.

Aye, at this stage just get Milner back in there if Robertson needs a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Yeah he should have started all those other players we have that are way better.

While I am still behind him Moreno should never be starting we have a very capable stand in for Robinson and I hate to say this now Coutinho is gone but Mane may need a spell on the sideline

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He's killing himself by trying to get by with so many average players. Some he bought & others who are so bad they played a part in the previous manager getting sacked. If he doesn't learn to be ruthless he won't do much else at the club. Hate to be cruel but that is true.
    Some poor performances are surprising but not by some members of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

While I am still behind him Moreno should never be starting we have a very capable stand in for Robinson and I hate to say this now Coutinho is gone but Mane may need a spell on the sideline

I think lads are very hard on mane recently. Stuff he's trying is not coming off alright but he's not hiding and he's still working very hard. Forwards sometimes get runs like this, and it's often a function of how the team as a whole is going. Give the lad a break.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement