Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

****e keeper. same front three, no rotation. mediocre to great midfield, sometimes ****e though. seriously dodgy fullbacks (robertson excluded tonight) am i missing anything? we are a ****ing disaster.

James Pearce seems to be taking this result badly.... https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-verdict-shambolic-reds-still-14212224.amp

I'm surprised he's focusing on transfer activity or the lack of it ..... articles like that do no one any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Augeo wrote: »
    James Pearce seems to be taking this result badly.... https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-verdict-shambolic-reds-still-14212224.amp

I'm surprised he's focusing on transfer activity or the lack of it ..... articles like that do no one any good.

It's amateur hour stuff tbh, something I would expect from Aldo or some other pundit like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Augeo wrote: »

It’s not Coutinho we need to replace, it’s that defence.

Plenty of teams have been kept to 2 or fewer goals by West Brom this season, but we join the mighty Accrington Stanley as the only teams to concede 3 to them.

They have scored 7 goals away from home in 12 league games and we give them 3 in 45 minutes. Shambolic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Can and wijnaldum passengers again today. Can loses jrod for the first, then doesnt foul him outside the box!...gets beaten by kry for the second, chases back, has a little nibble but not enough, then for the third loses his man kry at the back. Moreno getting all the blame it seems but can was absolutely rubbish today. And klopp once again unable to deviate his tactics to find a way around a team. Until he manages to find a plan b the question will always be asked, is he a one trick pony? No point in doing like for like replacements and playing the same formation when you're getting nowhere with it in the game. Same against Swansea. Change it up a bit. Try something different. You know, manage the game a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Still fuming. Night all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ok so we won't be signing anyone till the summer by which case klopp will be entering his 4th season with us,I'll stick my neck out and say we'll win jack **** next year either,so what happens then??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ok so we won't be signing anyone till the summer by which case klopp will be entering his 4th season with us,I'll stick my neck out and say we'll win jack **** next year either,so what happens then??

We beat Man City and deem the season a success .

We beat Man City and deem the season a success .

That's about it,I'm like the guy in your vid think I'm gonna take a break for a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Ah lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't believe we didn't win anything next season and the club still haven't done anything about it.

Can't believe we didn't win anything next season and the club still haven't done anything about it.

Klopp said he'd bring us the title in 4 years when he joined, and the clock is ticking

DRYING-PAINT.2.gif

It's amateur hour stuff tbh, something I would expect from Aldo or some other pundit like that

Yup.... I'm surprised by it.
    End of the day it's the FA cup.... upsets are far from unheard of. I know it's immediately after the Swansea game but still.

I'm far from a Pearce fan / follower but I think he's relatively well regarded on Mersey side?

Are you confident of winning something next season because I'm certainly not,are we gonna replace migs,matip,lovren,Moreno,taa,wijnaldum,Henderson,can and milner,I doubt it somehow but that's what needs to be done if we are to have any iota of a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Am I the only one who doesnt give a foooook about the FA cup and tbh im quite glad we are out of it to concentrate on top 4 and the cl?

Will ye chill te feck!!

Milner, Henderson, Wiji, Can, Lallana, Ox , lets get real, they will NEVER lead us to a title.
    They're craptastic**** and would never get in any other top four team.

ardinn wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesnt give a foooook about the FA cup and tbh im quite glad we are out of it to concentrate on top 4 and the cl?

Will ye chill te feck!!

Arsenal are picking up trophies every season, won Fa Cup 3 out of last 4 seasons. In another final already this season, it's good to win things.

Pearce is 100% right in what he says in that article,and obviously those who don't care about the fa cup haven't a fcukin clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Utd fan and hands up come in peace. Of course i like to see a rival lose but what happened to ye, Gerrard was saying the club is used to winning trophies. Its been nearly 2200 days since your last. Where as fans do ye think your going wrong? As an outsider ye need a new GK, the two lads arent good enough, CB to replace Matip as he doesnt look the part, not just on tonights performance i'm just not convinced, could be a decent squad player tho. Moreno needs shipping, i like your RB TrentAA is it? Your mid could do with another top signing with keita coming in.
    Not here to lash out digs just wondering as an opposition's fan.

Edit: and why dont ye have a top class CF. If Salah doesnt ship them in ye seem to run out of ideas, surely klopp must be thinking of getting 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Klopp said he'd bring us the title in 4 years when he joined, and the clock is ticking

That was such a stupid thing for him to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Will ye chill te feck!!

You may well be the only one who doesn't give a fook... I'd prefer a trophy. We are nowhere closer under Klopp than the previous manager in achieving that.

That is a disturbing result. It really is.

Top 4 will be a struggle and there is no doubt about that because we are a mirror of Arsenal (without the odd cup success). We are a mentally and physically weak team. When we come up against a decent Champions League side that scents our weakness, we will be cut to ribbons.

FFS. The defence and goalkeeping situation is laughable.

Don't get me wrong. I like Klopp but his personality and charisma is not going to bring us much success imo.

Very silly for any fan of any team to say they dont care about silverware be it the fa cup or your local county cup. It's a base to work as when you win a cup your doing something right

Ward,Robertson,loveren, and gomez need to come in against Huddersfield, our midfield is what it is,all the interchanging and swapping of can,wijnaldum,milner,lallana,henderson,ox won't change the fact they are all crap and not good enough,well maybe the ox is OK,but it honestly makes no odds as to who plays in the middle cos none of them are worth a ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah yeah. You deffo shouldn't be losing that one.

Yep.

• Advertisement

jbt123 wrote: »
    You may well be the only one who doesn't give a fook... I'd prefer a trophy. We are nowhere closer under Klopp than the previous manager in achieving that.

That is a disturbing result. It really is.

Top 4 will be a struggle and there is no doubt about that because we are a mirror of Arsenal (without the odd cup success). We are a mentally and physically weak team. When we come up against a decent Champions League side that scents our weakness, we will be cut to ribbons.

FFS. The defence and goalkeeping situation is laughable.

Don't get me wrong. I like Klopp but his personality and charisma is not going to bring us much success imo.

I agree with everything you say here but watch how many knowledgeable folk on here will cut you down for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Will ye chill te feck!!

Spot on. The medium term game is top 4 and cl, everything else is a bonus. A few seasons of that, attract some higher quality player and then we can go for prizes. We are not far away, we just got to believe

Spot on. The medium term game is top 4 and cl, everything else is a bonus. A few seasons of that, attract some higher quality player and then we can go for prizes. We are not far away, we just got to believe

No we're not far away at all,we have 3 good players,just need another 8 now

Your a long way off based a strong 11 you had out tonight. Seems a bit 'ah its grand for now' type of theory. Sure a few years from now salah, firmino and mane which are your best players and with keita coming in its no point leaving it a few seasons as you'll be back to square 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did Danny Ward have any surgery or anything over the summer that stunted his progress?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Benzino wrote: »

United Fan Alert

I’m guessing it was a sound bite type situation. Like Fergies “perch” comment. Managers coming into new clubs need to say something when fans have big expectations. Few things that stick out to me re Klopp. He doesn’t know his best back 5 and I don’t recall ever seen him at Dortmund or ye “shut up shop” I’m not talking José style bus parking in the first minute but actually seen out a game!

Ye were 4-1 up after 70 minutes against City. He takes off Can for Milner Its a like for like. Salah for Lallana like for like. Klavin was last sub for Mane imo he should have been the first sub (or something similar) after 75ish minutes too see the game out and not let them get 2 goals back and not make the last 3/4 minutes nerve wracking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think lads are very hard on mane recently. Stuff he's trying is not coming off alright but he's not hiding and he's still working very hard. Forwards sometimes get runs like this, and it's often a function of how the team as a whole is going. Give the lad a break.

Sorry I worded it wrong I love Mane and I am sure he will come again but sometimes you have to just do it for the player and team. Let him be a sub remind him to do the easy stuff.
    Also that 4 year statement from Kloop was crazy

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Will ye chill te feck!!
    Wise up.

This "I'm glad we're out" or "the FA cup doesn't" matter stuff is embarrassing. Liverpool haven't won a sausage in 6 seasons. We are in no position to turn our nose up at any trophy.

AidoEirE wrote: »

Edit: and why dont ye have a top class CF. If Salah doesnt ship them in ye seem to run out of ideas, surely klopp must be thinking of getting 1

Firmino's got 18 goals this season, the same as Lukaku, double Lacazette, and 6 more than Morata.

Sorry I worded it wrong I love Mane and I am sure he will come again but sometimes you have to just do it for the player and team. Let him be a sub remind him to do the easy stuff.
    Also that 4 year statement from Kloop was crazy

But who would u replace him with, mane does a solid job, **** form now yeah but putting him on the bench wont rediscover his good form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Adapt or die.

Assuming we get no new signings and Woodburn won't be considered and Milner is not a defender then we should start Solanke and play Firmino as a floater...against the buses.

I love Moreno's commitment speed but the lad has no defensive nous and would only consider him as a right back in a 5 going on our latest showings.

We can still play heavy-metal football with 3CBs right?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

What is this 'medium term game'? How many seasons of it will last? What prizes will we achieve then that aren't available now? Christ I'd love a league cup/fa cup prize in the short term, just to get me thru the medium and long term game.

Top 4 and Champions league runs.. We're like Arsenal lite....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Moreno should npt pkay for the club he has had multiple chances and always lets us down
    Mignolet should never pkay for the club his head is gone.

If robertson doesn't start then milner should start instead of him.
    Clyne will be back soon which would be nice.
    A goal keeper in the summer in priority 1
    Our midfueld was ****. Ox is dreadful. Can was poor . Winji is windy.
    Forwards were sluggish today but they had terrible service
    TAA was dreadful today.

Firmino has 10 league goals, same as Rooney or Vardy, easy to add his goals against the postmen and milkmen we've played in the champions league to make him look more impressive. Our group was crap, and boring to watch. Hopefully we play some real teams moving forward.

Benzino wrote: »

Short time, and foolish to waste transfer windows like he does, only making it harder on himself to deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

The most annoying part of this for me is these two losses will only harden Klopps resolve not to stengthen in the window. Can't be seen to be reactionary and panic buy, nosiree, he'll try and be a Billy big bollocks and coach us out of this slump. I wish him luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I didn’t take that Klopp thing to mean he thought we’d win a league in 4 years... I took it as trophies in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,387 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Embarrassingly bad yesterday evening. This club is not really interested in winning stuff. Let's be honest here. No serious side would sell their best player half way through the season. Not that we didn't lose games when Coutinho played but just the message it sends to the supporters and everyone invoved in the club is all wrong. And I'm including the players themselves in that.

And all so entirely predictable unfortunately.

I actually think Klopp is the right man for the job but he's also the perfect man for FSG. Won't rock the boat. Believes he can coach average players to be very good players. If he makes top four then grand. If not well they don't mind either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Benimar wrote: »
    It’s not Coutinho we need to replace, it’s that defence.

Plenty of teams have been kept to 2 or fewer goals by West Brom this season, but we join the mighty Accrington Stanley as the only teams to concede 3 to them.

They have scored 7 goals away from home in 12 league games and we give them 3 in 45 minutes. Shambolic.

Not sure what the answer is though anymore tbh. After a strong start against Everton, VVD doesn't look to be the saviour some hoped he'd be and to be fair, it was never realistic to expect him to have a magic ward to wave over the entire line.

Our issues go deeper than personnel at the back, that is clear now. I'm not sure Klopp has it in him to coach the team to be tighter and smarter anymore.

The only gamble Klopp has left for me is if he decides to give the defence more protection through midfield. He has to sacrifice a bit of our attacking game to balance things out more it is as simple as that, and I honestly don't think anyone would notice if one of Can and Wiji were dropped to accommodate such a player. I honestly don't.

Firmino's got 18 goals this season, the same as Lukaku, double Lacazette, and 6 more than Morata.

And what happened tonight....
    You missed the point, you have no1 to bring on to change a game. Rather you field the strongest 11, if it doesnt work out klopp'll throw a few subs on to make it look like he's going for it.
    Subs you brought on tonight were just as bad as the players taken off. My point was in the orginal post is ye have no1 to change the tide of game if your front 3 dont work.

Throw every firmino vs lukaku stat u want at me, but at least we got players to come on and change it up. Your bench looks mickey mouse in comparison. This wasnt a utd vs liverpool debate but u turned it into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

AidoEirE wrote: »
    And what happened tonight....
    You missed the point, you have no1 to bring on to change a game. Rather you field the strongest 11, if it doesnt work out klopp'll throw a few subs on to make it look like he's going for it.
    Subs you brought on tonight were just as bad as the players taken off. My point was in the orginal post is ye have no1 to change the tide of game if your front 3 dont work.

Throw every firmino vs lukaku stat u want at me, but at least we got players to come on and change it up. Your bench looks mickey mouse in comparison. This wasnt a utd vs liverpool debate but u turned it into it

? You didn't even mention the bench or the sub options a single time in your original post... it's not a bad point by any means, but right here is the first time you've mentioned it.

You're original comment was about us lacking a CF, and then you follow up the response that corrected you about Firmino and Salah's incredible goalscoring record with a "what happened tonight"... well what happened tonight is our two consistent goalscorers both scored yet again. 43 goals between them just over halfway into the season. That's not our problem.

Our problem is shipping 3 easy goals to a garbage team. I'm really not worried about our goalscoring options - we just need to get our defensive midfield and back 4 sorted.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ? You didn't even mention the bench or the sub options a single time in your original post... it's not a bad point by any means, but right here is the first time you've mentioned it.

You're original comment was about us lacking a CF, and then you follow up the response that corrected you about Firmino and Salah's incredible goalscoring record with a "what happened tonight"... well what happened tonight is our two consistent goalscorers both scored yet again. That's not our problem.

Our problem is shipping 3 easy goals to a garbage team. I'm really not worried about our goalscoring options - we just need to get our defensive midfield and back 4 sorted.

Well the bench came up as you brought it to a lukaku vs firmino argument. Lukaku was on the bench friday night and came on to play and score, yours started saturday night and scored a goal. This isnt a utd vs liverpoool argument, i was asking questions about your squad. But if u want to turn it that way then sounds lets go, because if u read my orginal comment i said its been nearly 2200 days since your last trophy. But i wont pick a segment as my post had more substance to it like aaking where your team is going wrong. Your picking and choosing little parts of a genuine post i made to try and make a point

I didn't bring up any Lukaku vs Firmino talk, I compared Firmino to the strikers in the teams around Liverpool :confused:

I didn't bring up any Lukaku vs Firmino talk, I compared Firmino to the strikers in the teams around Liverpool :confused:

Tbf ya didnt and apologies on the last bit of my post, as i'm reading back and wasnt turned into that debate at all. Hands up, my bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

murpho999 wrote: »
    7 goals conceded in 3 games

75m pound man, more like 7.50 at he moment.

Seriously what a poor post.

VVD will be good for us but he needs better players beside him and also better protection from the midfield

So did Lovren, and so does Matip. If the system stays the same Liverpool will continue to fail regardless of personnel.

Take it from a United fan, throwing money at it and signing new players is often not the answer. We have a great defensive coach who spends fortunes on attacking players because he doesn’t know how to coach them. Klopp is the opposite.

Jose is historically better at getting the balance right though. Liverpool desperately need some balance and that comes from good coaching, not putting new players in the same setup.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement