Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    How so? Sounded like Marriner gave his judgement, and the ref wanted to confirm it for himself.

And i can't blame him to be honest.. after the earlier decision, I can totally understand him wanting to be absolutely sure. And as I said, this is the type of thing that will only happen in the early days of VAR before everyone learns to trust it.

Marriner must not have given him 100pct confidence in the decision. I agree it needs to be ironed out but that’s a relatively easy one to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Where's Clyne?

Snowed in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where's Clyne?

BriskChiefJaeger-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Have we bought oblak yet

Keita Balde might now be the summer target instead of Lemar I see in a few of the papers tonight he will also be about a third of the price of Lemar and is an International team mate of Mane.

With Michael Emenalo now at Monaco he will tough to deal with.

Also some reports in the Italian press that we had a bid for Alisson turned down but Roma expect us to return in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Former PL superstar opens scoring in Barcelona.

Bravo John Guidetti.

Btw west broms 3rd goal should not have been dissallowed there was nothing wrong wirh it whatsoever,player blocking the keepers view my arse,should have been 2 - 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Btw west broms 3rd goal should not have been dissallowed there was nothing wrong wirh it whatsoever,player blocking the keepers view my arse,should have been 2 - 4

He's definitely in the way though

2SjyFjk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/TransfersCalcio/status/957715061962956802

some reactions from Allison. looks level's above Mignolet & Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/TransfersCalcio/status/957715061962956802

some reactions from Allison. looks level's above Mignolet & Karius.

In fairness, you could put any clip of a save Mignolet's made and make him look a world beater.
    For instance, remember that save against.........er.............well..........that time he.......
    Yeah, we need a new keeper, don't we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Double saves are great. So are single saves. Remember them?

mosstin wrote: »
    In fairness, you could put any clip of a save Mignolet's made and make him look a world beater.
    For instance, remember that save against.........er.............well..........that time he.......
    Yeah, we need a new keeper, don't we?

https://twitter.com/AnfieldRd96/status/957604558607470592

He's definitely in the way though

2SjyFjk.jpg

I don't think so,migs isn't even looking at the guy infront of him and is actually facing away from him so I don't think he was in the keepers way

He is offside obstructing the keeper he even has a hand on him and it was rightly disallowed.

Still not a fan of VAR myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I don't think so,migs isn't even looking at the guy infront of him and is actually facing away from him so I don't think he was in the keepers way

You don’t REALLY believe that though, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Yeah VAR is a work in progress. I mean the commentator could voiceover the replay time and again but we had to wait 4 minutes for the refs to review it.

astradave wrote: »
    You don’t REALLY believe that though, do you?

I genuinely do NOT think he was in the keepers way,because he wasn't,he was more to the side of him,if that's in the keepers way we may aswell have a rule where nobody can enter the 6 yrd box altogether and be done with it

I genuinely do NOT think he was in the keepers way,because he wasn't,he was more to the side of him,if that's in the keepers way we may aswell have a rule where nobody can enter the 6 yrd box altogether and be done with it

I don’t think that you really believe what you are writing. I think you are deliberately arguing the opposite side just for the sake of an arguement..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It was a free out for infringement and Barry was slightly offside so VAR was correct . However mignolet was steeped it was a VAR game as most times that goal will stand and he shouldn't have allowed himself to be bullied like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Don't think it would have made any difference.. Might probably wouldn't have saved it anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Fieldog wrote:
    The Can that turned up last night VS the City Can is some difference, does he just not care he is playing "lesser opposition"

Can is a poor footballer lacking both skill and composure. His performance against Swansea was abject - failing, on numerous occasions to control simple passes played to his feet resulting in promising moves breaking down. He must have a great agent if the like of Juve are willing to take him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's far too inconsistent to worry too much about. If we couod get the Vs City Can all the time, happy days, but you just never know what you're going to get. It's like sending the team out with either 12 or 10 men.

Our CM's are great when they play footballing sides when our midfield has to break down ten men behind the ball we don't have the players in the squad to do that.

Keita will offer some sort of dynamic to the attack next season that isn't there now but we need another player who has that something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can is like he is against different set-ups due to poor coaching on the one hand and poor tactical tweaks in the broader sense on the other. Klopp simply does not know how to play through a low block in the way City do (them being the benchmark for this right now), even if it takes them 60 minutes or more to get the goals. City also have the advantage of being far less likely to concede first.

To be fair City have a few more creative midfielders than we do at this time,

Mane, Salah, Firmino is basically it for us right now attacking wise.

Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Milner, Ox, are all pretty similar in how they play.

Lallana when and if fit is probably up there with the front three.

Keita will be the player who would bridge the gap between the front three and the midfied and we could do with one or two more like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Our creative midfield players are playing up front, maybe put Firmino and Salah back where they should actually be and buy some forwards.

in a 4 man midfield
    it would be

Salah Firmino Keita Mane

____Suarez_Kane______

I don’t think that you really believe what you are writing. I think you are deliberately arguing the opposite side just for the sake of an arguement..

Are you for real,trust me if I wanted an argument I wouldn't waste my time on here,why do you find it so hard to believe that I think that goal should've stood,it's not that crazy a theory is it fcuk me.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Flanagan starts for the U-23s. Terrible form from the club imo.

If he took a banned substance the media would be crying that there's no lifetime bans for dopers. He would never be seen near another Liverpool jersey.

If you get a conviction for beatening your girlfriend though....you can do the sentence while playing for the under 23s. Be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's getting pretty stupid at this stage buying midfielders and then playing them up front.
    Ideal we need two actually strikers, can't believe we have no strikers for years now that are actually part of the first team.

It's getting pretty stupid at this stage buying midfielders and then playing them up front.
    Ideal we need two actually strikers, can't believe we have no strikers for years now that are actually part of the first team.

The problem is keeping the ball out,we are well able to score,we need to strengthen defensively and that includes in midfield and keeper obviously

• Advertisement

Are you for real,trust me if I wanted an argument I wouldn't waste my time on here,why do you find it so hard to believe that I think that goal should've stood,it's not that crazy a theory is it fcuk me.

Because video evidence, plus stills have shown the player offside, while in front of the keeper(see feet position) with his arm on the keeper.. It’s in black and white, colour and with guidelines right in front of you

Because video evidence, plus stills have shown the player offside, while in front of the keeper(see feet position) with his arm on the keeper.. It’s in black and white, colour and with guidelines right in front of you

The goal wasn't ruled out for offside,and in actual fact if you look at the clip migs right foot is in line with the west Bromwich players left foot which tells me there is nothing directly infront of migs when the ball is headed his way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I hate this school ground logic, let’s just add 1 goal to the FT score and pretend every other event would have been unaffected by the goal being awarded.

The goal wasn't ruled out for offside,and in actual fact if you look at the clip migs right foot is in line with the west Bromwich players left foot which tells me there is nothing directly infront of migs when the ball is headed his way

He doesn’t need to be Directly in front of him to enforce the rule. I’ll leave it at that, I’ll agree to disagree..

Goodluck

Arsenal much stronger now with Aubameyang.
    As are Man Utd with Sanchez.
    While Coutinho is sold with no replacement.
    Really really poor from Klopp and FSG.
    Undone the work in getting VVD.

Salah probably be sold within 2 years too. It's what FSG do with our best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It was ruled for offside, what Barry is doing is fine as long as he's in an onside position, but he was offside, and once you're deemed to be interfering with play while in an offside position the ref is going to blow his whistle.

Lallana ruled out of the game on Tuesday and will likely be out of the Spurs game as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

I do hope Liverpool start signing some experienced players. Preferably ones that have won trophies.

Have any of our current players won anything of note?

He doesn’t need to be Directly in front of him to enforce the rule. I’ll leave it at that, I’ll agree to disagree..

Goodluck

No but he needs to be interfering or blocking his view which I don't think he did, your entitled to your opinion as I am mine,I just didn't like the way you implied I was only saying it to be argumentative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

It was ruled for offside, what Barry is doing is fine as long as he's in an onside position, but he was offside, and once you're deemed to be interfering with play while in an offside position the ref is going to blow his whistle.

Just to add, Barry actually moves towards the ball, which removes all doubt. It’s textbook interfering with play.

Anyone saying it wasn’t offside either doesn’t understand how offside works or is just looking for another (don’t we have enough real reasons?!) excuse to have a moan.

In fairness, it must be a first on boards..’no, no, no, my team didn’t deserve that correct decision that went in its favour’

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    I do hope Liverpool start signing some experienced players. Preferably ones that have won trophies.

Have any of our current players won anything of note?

Milner has a couple of big ones.

Salah has a League and league Cup.

Ox has a couple of FA Cups.

Wijnaldum has a Dutch Double.

Moreno has a Europa league.

VVD has a couple of Scottish doubles.

Henderson has a League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Milner has a couple of big ones.

Salah has a League and league Cup.

Ox has a couple of FA Cups.

Wijnaldum has a Dutch Double.

Moreno has a Europa league.

VVD has a couple of Scottish doubles.

Henderson has a League Cup.

Hmmm. Not enough IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lallana ruled out of the game on Tuesday and will likely be out of the Spurs game as well.

heard hes out until march. another reason to scratch ones head at the lack of transfers this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ah c'mere that's mad stuff! He's offside for a whole number of reasons. He's unequivocally interfering with play just by being in that position - you can't say that the keeper doesn't have half an eye on him - of course he does.

And beyond that, he actively tries to play the ball as it goes past, he purposefully kicks out a heel to try to knock it on, so is very actively in play.

The only way you can get away with being in an offside position in that circumstance is to be waay off to the side, and actively walking out.. If you're close enough to goal that the goalkeeper needs to be aware of your movements, you're offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Maybe when we sign van djke our defence will stop leaking goals..........

Mr.H wrote: »

I don't think anyone was ever under the illusion he was going to fix everything. Our entire back 5 was a serious worry this season, especially with Clyne out long term. Robertson has come in and significantly improved left back. VVD is new, and we already know that Klopp reckons it takes a wee while to fit into the way the team functions as a unit. So we can somewhat expect him to make a significant difference back there. But that still leaves a number of other average CB's, and genuinely poor options at GK, like, well below acceptable levels.

We play a risky game at the best of times, but until all 5 positions have the best quality we can get, we're going to concede stupid goals. Robertson and VVD are steps in the right direction, but that movement needs to continue. I really like Gomez performances for the most part - he gets caught out occasionally at full back, but I think he has everything needed for CB, long term. As we've all recognised before, top quality young CB's are very very rare... they need time to learn their position moreso than any other role in the team. He's about as good as any young defender out there. But we need a better CB option for right now, or for Lovren or Matip to seriously step up.

So at best we're either massive improvements from individuals (we've seen better from Matip and Lovren in the past at least) or 2 defensive signings away from even beginning to become stable back there. The system limits chances pretty well, but when they come, they're great ones, and so great defenders and GK's are needed to snuff them out. We'll always concede goals because of the nature of our game, but if that can be limited to 1 per game, we'll win more than we draw or lose. Conceding 3 or more like we have several times this season is unsustainable no matter how good the attack is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mr.H wrote: »
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I don't think anyone was ever under the illusion he was going to fix everything. Our entire back 5 was a serious worry this season, especially with Clyne out long term. Robertson has come in and significantly improved left back. VVD is new, and we already know that Klopp reckons it takes a wee while to fit into the way the team functions as a unit. So we can somewhat expect him to make a significant difference back there. But that still leaves a number of other average CB's, and genuinely poor options at GK, like, well below acceptable levels.

We play a risky game at the best of times, but until all 5 positions have the best quality we can get, we're going to concede stupid goals. Robertson and VVD are steps in the right direction, but that movement needs to continue. I really like Gomez performances for the most part - he gets caught out occasionally at full back, but I think he has everything needed for CB, long term. As we've all recognised before, top quality young CB's are very very rare... they need time to learn their position moreso than any other role in the team. He's about as good as any young defender out there. But we need a better CB option for right now, or for Lovren or Matip to seriously step up.

So at best we're either massive improvements from individuals (we've seen better from Matip and Lovren in the past at least) or 2 defensive signings away from even beginning to become stable back there. The system limits chances pretty well, but when they come, they're great ones, and so great defenders and GK's are needed to snuff them out. We'll always concede goals because of the nature of our game, but if that can be limited to 1 per game, we'll win more than we draw or lose. Conceding 3 or more like we have several times this season is unsustainable no matter how good the attack is.

Appreciate the detailed post as always Rebel, but when you miss a joke about a dike/van dijk stopping a 'leak' that badly, you know its time for bed :pac:

Glico Man wrote: »
    Appreciate the detailed post as always Rebel, but when you miss a joke about a dike/van dijk stopping a 'leak' that badly, you know its time for bed :pac:

...god dammit

:-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

In Germany the captiancy means nothing really, Klopp just gives it to whoever is longest serving in the given starting 11.

I don't believe this to be the case...

• Advertisement

I suppose the hope is lallana will be ready for the Porto game on the 14th, if he doesn't feature against Spurs though the opportunity for pre Porto match time is one game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement