Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

J Mysterio wrote: »
    We are in trouble.

GK: Karius and Mignolet are both **** and neither have confidence as a result of constant chopping and changing.

CB. Lovren is still ****. Matip has not lived up to his promise, his concentration is not great and his temperment has proved suspect. I really wanted him to do well. Van Dijk will be good at least.

WB's. Leave defence exposed pushing up to much. This is further compounded by not having a proper siting midfielder. Hopefully Keita can help there, but not till next summer.

CM. Hendo is a good player but has persistent injury trouble. Can has proved to not be up to it and isnt showing the right commitment. Wijanldum is to hot and cold and is essentially a water carrier, being effective neither in Defence or  Attack. Milner is poor in CM.

AM. Is it just Lallana now? He needs to find form. What happened to Woodburn? Ox is ok but should be a replacement WF for Mane or Salah.

WF. Mane has not been the same since Salah took his spot. He needs to play RWF. This is a conundrum.

CF. Too reliant on Firmino. Sturridge seems to have decided he is leaving. That leaves Ings and Solanke, thats not ok.
    For all for problems if we had of kept a hold of COu we could have finished 2nd this year in my view .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

MD1990 wrote: »

What a steal. Dumb deal. West Brom have fucķed us twice in two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wow,

Place is gonna come down around us today

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What a steal. Dumb deal. West Brom have fucķed us twice in two days.

I think they just spelled 'Ham' wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vicxas wrote:
    Place is gonna come down around us today

Away at Huddersfield tomorrow night if that goes bad then the sh*t will hit the fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

For all for problems if we had of kept a hold of COu we could have finished 2nd this year in my view .

I agree. I dont disagree with Klopp selling him though. I understand morale is important and having a little whiner there can detract from it.

That being said, if youre going to sell our best player, please reinvest at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Van Dijk in was great.

Finally strengthening at the back.

But now selling Coutinho & Sturridge bringing NOBODY in is a disgrace. I really hope we get away with this but even a short term signing would be a boost at this stage.

Lallana injured. Ings a good option but injury prone & will need time. Solanke 0 goals for the club. Mane out of form. Henderson also injury prone. Emre Can captain despite very likely leaving in the summer & showing up once a month. Wijnaldum still missing away from home.

Some players at the club will really need to improve. Robertson has been a huge plus though shows you can get quality for even 8m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I wouldn't have minded Saturday if we have had rested players as I still think top Four and Champions league have to be our main targets but we basically played a full team and lost that has to be a worry ,
    Jurgen has a big choice to make before Wednesday and it could cost him his job ,
    If we make top 4 all will be forgotten but if we fail to make top four the media and fans will be all over him ,

Winning is a culture. Momentum and a sense of inevitability about getting results is necessary if we're ever going to reach our end objectives.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Van Dijk in was great.

Finally strengthening at the back.

Van Dijk is a great signing, but he cant stop the mental lapses his peers seem to have, with Moreno playing saturday night he was woefully exposed and Matip can only cover so much ground.

I have no idea what more we can do aside from a new RB, a new CB and a defensive MF.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I wouldn't have minded Saturday if we have had rested players as I still think top Four and Champions league have to be our main targets but we basically played a full team and lost that has to be a worry ,
    Jurgen has a big choice to make before Wednesday and it could cost him his job ,
    If we make top 4 all will be forgotten but if we fail to make top four the media and fans will be all over him ,

Winning is a culture. Momentum and a sense of inevitability about getting results is necessary if we're ever going to reach our end objectives.
    Yes this is true but as wer have all mentioned our squad is looking terribly thin at the moment,
    So you would be foolish to not use your best players for the most important occasions , in my opinion that is to get top four and Champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

The club should be able to compete for fourth, the cups and CL. If the club doesn't have the players then buy some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Honestly if we rid ourselves of Sturridge after selling Coutinho and loaning out Grujic and don't sign anyone for any of those three positions, I have to question Jurgen's suitability to football management. It would be absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

brevity wrote: »
    The club should be able to compete for fourth, the cups and CL. If the club doesn't have the players then buy some more.

Fsg aren't interested in winning,they just want to make money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

klose wrote: »
    Aubameyang off to arsenal who've strengthened considerably this window while we have weakened ourselves, haven't been this frustrated with the club in ages it's almost like klopp likes to challenge himself and take the hard route in management.

Arsenal gaine Mihkitaryan and Aubemeyang and lost Walcott & Sanchez. IMO thats slightly worse off than before. But at least they have replaced departed players.

What I take from this quote is the players Klopp wants aren't available now and as we know he won't sign players for the sake of it if he can get the players he wants in another window.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/957962418621214721

Ok..maybe long term targets are not available this window....but can we not sign some loan deals to give the squad a little depth? Maybe one of them might fire under Klopp?

So since last summer from an already light squad we have had, Lucas,Sahko,Origi , Phil, Sturridge and Grujic leave
    Our squad is in shatters
    GK: both crap
    Right back : two kids
    Left back : one decent , one crap,
    Centre backs: One good , 3 crap
    Midfeild: two crocks, Henderson ,Can, Ox and Milner
    Wingers: Just two but both good,
    Forwards: Bobby, a crock who hasn't played in two years and a kid,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Honestly if we rid ourselves of Sturridge after selling Coutinho and loaning out Grujic and don't sign anyone for any of those three positions, I have to question Jurgen's suitability to football management. It would be absolutely incredible.

Well Sturridge and Grujic have played feck all so it's not like you need to replace many minutes or much of a contribution to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Does Origi have a recall clause? Surely be to God he is a better option to have than ings and solanke. Origi has scored a few for us.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Well Sturridge and Grujic have played feck all so it's not like you need to replace many minutes or much of a contribution to the team.
    That's true but who takes there places  if injuries happen ?
    The guys who where benched instead come into the first 11 who sits on the bench ?

The guys who where benched instead come into the first 11 who sits on the bench ?

As far as I remember they were not even on the bench to often. I'd like to see Woodburn get a few games here and there.

• Advertisement

There's a half a season yet to play. Are you telling me you're happy with Danny Ings up front and James Milner in CM if there's an injury or two? And what, promote Woodburn and Ejaria to the bench? FFS.

And this isn't even a gamble. Gambles have payoffs. This is recklessness, with no upside whatsoever. Unless you want to point to an increasingly meaningless ledger at the end of the season, there is no benefit at all in loaning them out without replacing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turning down Inter for West Brom is a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Never mind injuries but what about loss of form.... wheres the drive for first teamers to make sure no one on the bench takes your place?

Take Mane for example, not having the best of times, but with danny leaving, lallana injured, ox playing in a midfield three...he's looking at solanke or ings to push him out of the first team. Highly unlikely. Centre mid and the full back positions the only ones where theres any bit of competition.

not really. Staying in England keeps him more to the mind of the England manager. Sturridge is probably thinking about a world cup spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You know the natives are getting restless when RAWK locks the Liverpool transfers thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Klopp strikes me as the type of person who would ignore a lighter in favour of rubbing sticks together.

There's a half a season yet to play. Are you telling me you're happy with Danny Ings up front and James Milner in CM if there's an injury or two? And what, promote Woodburn and Ejaria to the bench? FFS.

And this isn't even a gamble. Gambles have payoffs. This is recklessness, with no upside whatsoever. Unless you want to point to an increasingly meaningless ledger at the end of the season, there is no benefit at all in loaning them out without replacing them.

How about you take a breath and relax. This is a game, it's not life or death. If this is how worked up you get over a soccer team I would not like to see you deal with real stress/pressure/disappointment.

I never said I was happy with Milner or Ings. But you are writing Ings off and he has barely played for the club, he needs time to see how he fits in, I think he could do a very good job for us. He works hard, never stops running and was a very nice finisher before he was injured. Milner is a solid player, he will give 100% every time he steps on the field. I'd have no problem with either coming in for a few games.

Woodburn looks a good talent and I'd have no problem with him being on the bench. If he got 10 minutes here and there we might actually see him improve as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Woodburn should have been out on loan long ago getting playing time. As it is our squad is so thin now they can't afford to send him anywhere. Yet he's still only going to get a few minutes here and there at best. Been a bit of a wasted season for him IMO.

How about you take a breath and relax. This is a game, it's not life or death. If this is how worked up you get over a soccer team I would not like to see you deal with real stress/pressure/disappointment.

Is this all because I put "FFS" at the end of a statement? Stay away from the match threads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not really if he wants to play his way back into the England team for the World Cup more change of doing that at WBA than Inter with more playing time

• Advertisement

Is this all because I put "FFS" at the end of a statement? Stay away from the match threads!

No you just seem to be constantly complaining and ranting. Your not the only one though.

Yes this is true but as wer have all mentioned our squad is looking terribly thin at the moment,
    So you would be foolish to not use your best players for the most important occasions , in my opinion that is to get top four and Champions league

If we are saying that we can't compete on three fronts then our transfer window has not been sufficient and our transfer policy as a whole is failing us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We should be beating West Brom at home in the cup, no questions. Worse case scenario would be a draw.
    I see the sense in what some people are saying, when they don't mind being knocked out of the cup as long as we perfrom elsewhere.
    But when it's the 4th round of the cup agaisnt a team you should be beating, I can't agree.
    Saturday was an abject failure and one of the worse since Klopp came in.

We were onto a hiding to nothing from before the match started.
    I questioned on Saturday the logic behind putting Mignolet in goal. There is no sense to it at all.
    Mig knows he's not number 1 and knows no matter what he does he won't be number 1 again.
    He knows and I reckon is actively planning to go as soon as his agent gets him a decent offer. His head can't be right. Now I know he didn't do much wrong but it can't have helped his defenders.
    Resting Karius? Sure Karius hasn't played much this, so I fail to see how he should need resting.
    Why play Mignolet?
    Why play Moreno? Just back from a long injury and can't be 100%, so why risk him when he's not 100%, when he's a risk even at 100%?
    Robertson, has shown enough to be number 1 left back and he hasn't played that much this year so again shouldn't need resting.
    And sure, if Robertson does get injured we have back-up in Moreno anyway. Klopp obviously rates Moreno, so why worry about an injury to Roberson.
    Then we are relying on Can in midfield. A notoriously unreliable player and also likely out the door in the summer.
    So playing two players who both probably don't want to be at Liverpool past the summer. Surely their motivation can't be great.
    We're keeping them but yet let Coutihno go because he didn't want to be here.
    Why not start Henderson instead of Can? I know he's just back from injury but as we saw with Moreno, Klopp doesn't mind throwing them in.
    And anyway, he brought Henderson on in the end too. Fit enough to come on and help win the game but not fit enough to start and ensure we don't need to chasing the game.
    And those 3 subs highlighted for me how threadbare the squad is.
    We needed goals and the three players that came on have less than 10 goals between them in the last two years. And how many of those were penalties from Milner?

I cannot understand why we are not buying players.
    There's no players that will score more than Milner, Henderson and Ings? There's no decent goalkeepers? No decent midfeild players that want to play for us?
    We are ****ing loaded with cash. This whole having to get the perfect player is bollix.
    Or that bringing in players will stunt the growth of the younger players, more bollix. Sure where is Woodburn all year?

I was bitterly disappointed and I havent been in a long time over football. We could very easily end up 5th and out of the first round of the knock-out round of the Champions League come May to sure for selling our best player and letting the squad wither.
    Where will we be for recruitment then?

Or we could come top 4 and go on a run in the champions league. We might get lucky, that Salah doesnt get injured or Bobby. Because if either of those do, we're ****ed.

Anyway, roll on Huddersfield, I hope we destroy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Maybe he doesn't want to flt Ryanair to Italy, I wouldn't blame him.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'll be end of days in here if we lose to Huddersfield. We'll still though be only a point off 4th at worst, so the minimum target for the season is hardly irretrievable. On the other hand we could be 5 points clear of 5th on Wednesday night. Small margins.

By the way, I'm still really pissed off about the last couple of results.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There can't be any real complaints about Saturday. Klopp picked a very strong team they just didn't perform it happens at stages in the season for almost every club. If he had picked a seriously weakened team and we lost than that's a different story. This will be a dreadful window if we lose two attacking players and nobody comes in. At the end of December I'd have been confident of 2nd now I'd be 50/50 on top 4.

5starpool wrote: »
    It'll be end of days in here if we lose to Huddersfield. We'll still though be only a point off 4th at worst, so the minimum target for the season is hardly irretrievable. On the other hand we could be 5 points clear of 5th on Wednesday night. Small margins.

By the way, I'm still really pissed off about the last couple of results.

It just feels like this is the time to push, to invest, to bring in the player who may prove luxurious just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It just feels like this is the time to push, to invest, to bring in the player who may prove luxurious just incase.

Mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Would have pushed he boat out on either of Mahrez or Aubameyang (sp).

Replace some of the goals we have got with people who can and have scored goals instead of just hoping against hope that Milner, Can or Hendo will provide them despite evidence to the contrary.

There is a good chance I will kill next doors cat if we start with two holding against Huddersfield.

• Advertisement

Mahrez

Mahrez will be 90 Million if we went knocking 2 days before the transfer window closes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is Aubamaerang across the line yet, I'd love to see a bit of gazumping.

I can see it now Studge goes with no replacement and on Thursday the Fa ban Bobby for 10 games,
    It would be the Liverpool way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is Aubamaerang across the line yet, I'd love to see a bit of gazumping.

Will never happen as Klopp has said a few times that he would never buy players he has already worked with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Will never happen as Klopp has said a few times that he would never buy players he has already worked with

Klopps stubbornness is starting to get a bit frustrating.

Klopps stubbornness is starting to get a bit frustrating.

Yup. The last pragmatic thing I remember him doing was bringing on Steven Caulker to play up front when we were chasing a game.

God I hate the January window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

He knows he has knackered them already, I'd never buy a car a used car from a rally driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can see it now Studge goes with no replacement and on Thursday the Fa ban Bobby for 10 games,

Are they actually releasing a verdict on Thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Picked West Brom simply for the shorter drive home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Arsenal stronger now in my opinion. They have two players who will actually play 100% for the club. Sanchez and Walcott were hit and miss.
    When they were good they were very very good, and when they were bad they were horrid.

thats almost like saying he doesnt rate players hes worked with before.:eek:

I think that quote may be taken somewhat out of context. I *guess* he meant he wouldnt go back to his last club to raid it of the better players out of respect for the club and fans.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement