Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Every other team strengthening around them and once again, Liverpool are going to exit a transfer window weaker then they went into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

jasonb wrote: »

I doubt many will shed a tear......scored some excellent and important goals for us though, injury really screwed him. Still a better option than Ings and Solanke IMO, if a tactics tweak was made but just not important enough in Klopps eyes, or maybe not trusted enough which is understandable tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

West Brom need to play Chelsea, United and City. He's at right club to help us the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Has it been confirmed what kitty the keita money is coming from

Heard a rumor its the Firminio to barca money but could be the Salah to Madrid money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The only Liverpool player in the F.A Cup, fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Knex. wrote: »
    Lallana looks like McGregor's drunken uncle or something.

his yoga teacher lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

With sturrigde gone could be time to pull the trigger and make an offer for someone like Giroud. He knows the prem and could be used as a target man to offer a plan b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    133 appearances for us in 5 years for sturridge, not a great stat at all.

Only started 90 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

With sturrigde gone could be time to pull the trigger and make an offer for someone like Giroud. He knows the prem and could be used as a target man to offer a plan b.

We don't have a plan b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We don't have a plan b

Maybe it's time to get one or just lump VVD up top , seriously think it is needed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Giroud is great value at £15m but there’s no way in hell FSG will pay that for a 30 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I bet he out scores Firmino in remaining league games.
    I think he'll be a success though doubt he'll outscore Firmino. I still rate him as a player but it's clear he doesn't fit Klopp's style of football so no issue with him being let go. It's the kind of deal that's good for both clubs being honest. We should have got in another attacking player this window. That much is obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Maybe it's time to get one or just lump VVD up top , seriously think it is needed now.

Virgil definitely should have been moved up front with about 15mins to go against West Bromwich alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

United fan coming in peace. This whole 'doesn't fit Klopp's plan' doesn't really seem right. Surely if he has a plan B then he is exactly whats needed? Rather him than Ings or Solanke anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Surely if he has a plan B then

I'll stop ya there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jesus wept - what is it about this place in the last week? How many United fans have I counted "coming in peace"?

Think they've solved all of their problems this window, now they're landing in droves to solve ours. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Giroud is great value at £15m but there’s no way in hell FSG will pay that for a 30 year old.

Don't see why not, if Klopp wanted him. Age at a low price doesn't seem to be any impediment... we brought in Lambert at 32.

Doubt we're even looking for that sort of player though, much as it might be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Their stance on signings players over the age of 30 is baffling.

This window is the last straw for me. Hopefully FSG sell up before the next transfer window because we are going nowhere fast with these cowboys in charge. Be great if Amanda Stanley and her group would come in for the club.

Also starting to think Klopp is a yes man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I think he'll be a success though doubt he'll outscore Firmino. I still rate him as a player but it's clear he doesn't fit Klopp's style of football so no issue with him being let go. It's the kind of deal that's good for both clubs being honest. We should have got in another attacking player this window. That much is obvious.

ricero wrote: »

This window is the last straw for me. Hopefully FSG sell up before the next transfer window because we are going nowhere fast with these cowboys in charge. Be great if Amanda Stanley and her group would come in for the club.

What 30+ year old players have Klopp or Rodgers been blocked in buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah, you’re going to have to talk me through your logic there. :confused:

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah, you’re going to have to talk me through your logic there. :confused:

Amanda staveley my bad.

mosstin wrote: »
    Jesus wept - what is it about this place in the last week? How many United fans have I counted "coming in peace"?

Think they've solved all of their problems this window, now they're landing in droves to solve ours. :confused:

Hmmmm..I wonder is it due to the over-reaction to VVD signing and Sanchez too. Or the fact that Coutinho left mid season and won't be subjected to abuse compared to Raheem who had the cheek to go to City. Or the fact that the GK issue isn't solved, neither the CB even with VVD. Or centre mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd pay double tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will you stand outside Easons on O'Connell street if he doesn't.

Have to say I agree with most of this. I dunno about stealing a living but certainly weak minded alright. A huge talent, but ultimately not a lot to show for it (apart from a large bank balance). Has had chances at City, Chelsea, and Liverpool and a chance at a short term move to (an albeit slightly faded) giant club in Inter Milan, and turns it down for a handy few months in the Black Country. Story of his career really, too soft and unwilling to put himself through any pain or hardship, possibly a mental thing but will always take the easy way out.
    Liverpool are better off without him move him on to fvck, only pity it's not a permanent deal.

Relegation struggles are handy in the pl?

Amanda staveley my bad.

I don't think he was correcting you.... I think he actually wants to know (as i do) why you think the consortium she's acting on behalf of is something Liverpool should want? (they also dont seem like they have a fraction of the money required regardless... low-balling Ashley, and then backing out).

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mosstin wrote: »

That's by far the least of the problems in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sturridge.

When we need another option, I'd rather play him, I've never seen Solanke or Ings fit any system at Liverpool in the dozen games they've playes for Liverpool combined.

Of course, it wasn't always him being shunned. Alot of the time it was "insert injury excuse here".

I wouldn't care about this ****e about not wanting to play him if he hasn't trained or whatever. But again, he was never available this year.

Our attacking bench is pathetic atm though.

• Advertisement

How's it going lads, rival fan here, have ye tried signing some players or something? Give that a go sure.

No he just has full control over signings and doesn't seem to want anyone. Of course you'd rather believe the craziest conspiracies that blame FSG than the most obvious answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

I think this post has a fair amount of waffle in it, like talking about mindset and weak minded etc, where exactly are you pulling that from, I have an idea.

You also suggest he should just head off to Inter to do the decent thing, come on man, ridiculous. He'll be off the bill until the summer at WBA anyway.

Here's a crazy suggestion about the move, Strurridge is from and I'm sure has family from the Birmingham area, maybe it suits him to play for WBA for that reason, hardly unrealistic is it?

Well it's my opinion and therefore I dont consider it waffle.

Ahh poor lad Sturridge, he'd rather the delights of the midlands of England to be with his family rather than the opportunity to live in Milan and test himself in different surroundings.

He is mentally weak and there is absolutely no doubt about that.

If his intention is to remain part of England's plans for the World Cup, I would think by the time it comes around that he will be injured for it.

jbt123 wrote: »

Ahh poor lad Sturridge, he'd rather the delights of the midlands of England to be with his family rather than the opportunity to live in Milan and test himself in different surroundings.

If his intention is to remain part of England's plans for the World Cup, I would think by the time it comes around that he will be injured for it.

Sure he went to Bolton to get gametime, not sure I'd call him mentally weak for wanting to stay in England.

noodler wrote: »
    Sturridge.

When we need another option, I'd rather play him, I've never seen Solanke or Ings fit any system at Liverpool in the dozen games they've playes for Liverpool combined.

Of course, it wasn't always him being shunned. Alot of the time it was "insert injury excuse here".

I wouldn't care about this ****e about not wanting to play him if he hasn't trained or whatever. But again, he was never available this year.

Our attacking bench is pathetic atm though.

Ings in theory is the type of player who should fit right into our system. Fast, great teamwork/interplay, aggressive, and a strong finisher. But it's gonna take a while in the first team to get up to their speed - and that's only if he has genuinely fully recovered... he's played loads of reserve matches so Klopp must reckon he has, but still a concern. Not ideal to now be a first choice backup. Would rather one more great player between him and the first choice 11... it just feels like too much pressure and responsibility on him at this stage. Again one of those times we just have to trust what Klopp has seen of him in training I guess..

Yet if he was banging in the goals as part of SOS (pr the fab four) you'd be licking his hole. Mentally weak? Sounds like Gerrard and Carragher really

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ings in theory is the type of player who should fit right into our system. Fast, brilliant teamwork/interplay, and strong finisher. But it's gonna take a while in the first team to get up to their speed - and that's only if he has genuinely fully recovered... he's played loads of reserve matches so Klopp must reckon he has, but still a concern. Not ideal to now be a first choice backup. Would rather one more great player between him and the first choice 11... it just feels like too much pressure and responsibility on him at this stage. Again one of those times we just have to trust what Klopp has seen of him in training I guess..

As you say, all theory.

Bear in mind, he was a punt when we took him, we didn't even know then if he was Liverpool standard.

Never mind the injuries.

I'd see it more as a lack of trust in Sturridge than trust in Ings, sadly.

How's it going lads, rival fan here, have ye tried signing some players or something? Give that a go sure.

**** off back to your own thread.

United fan coming in peace.
    Yet if he was banging in the goals as part of SOS (pr the fab four) you'd be licking his hole. Mentally weak? Sounds like Gerrard and Carragher really

hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

I certainly would not be 'licking his hole' as you so eloquently put it.

He had one good season with us when the presence of Suarez made pretty much everyone raise their game.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you consider him strong minded and someone who will go the extra yard for the team. He never has and never will.

His days of banging in goals are over. He couldn't do it for us when he was being presented with chances. He most certainly won't for WBA.

noodler wrote: »
    As you say, all theory.

Bear in mind, he was a punt when we took him, we didn't even know then if he was Liverpool standard.

Never mind the injuries.

I'd see it more as a lack of trust in Sturridge than trust in Ings, sadly.

Totally.... he's clearly decided that Sturridge just isn't for him, be-it his style of play, his workrate, or his injury issues.

Unfortunately our Mr Klopp demands a lot of blind faith in his methods. Just have to wait and see I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Solanke has no goals, Ings last goal was 2 years ago, yet these lads are who we are going with? Thats a huge gamble that we shouldn't be taking.

The nonsense we are accepting in regards transfers is getting a bit much now.......I wonder will the right player be available in the summer if we are in the Europa?......

NukaCola wrote: »
    Solanke has no goals, Ings last goal was 2 years ago, yet these lads are who we are going with? Thats a huge gamble that we shouldn't be taking.

The nonsense we are accepting in regards transfers is getting a bit much now.......I wonder will the right player be available in the summer if we are in the Europa?......

Exactly we are being fed bull**** and most fans seem to be asking for seconds.

This transfer window strategy was a huge risk and a risk not worth taking imo. If we miss out on top 4 i see the backlash being too much for Klopp and FSG. Our transfer policy needs to change and change fast if we are to challange for major honours.

I feel FSG are happy with us to become the new Arsenal and finish 4th each season and get champions league money.

I certainly would not be 'licking his hole' as you so eloquently put it.

He had one good season with us when the presence of Suarez made pretty much everyone raise their game.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you consider him strong minded and someone who will go the extra yard for the team. He never has and never will.

His days of banging in goals are over. He couldn't do it for us when he was being presented with chances. He most certainly won't for WBA.

Well he would be a 100% better option off the bench than Ings and Solanke. Surely you can see that? I hope he scores more goals than Firmino between now and May :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

NukaCola wrote: »

ding ding ding.... could now easily happen..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gerrard will be a great manager, he knows crap players and knows a good one. He will also buy players when we need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We wouldn't know what to do with him. We've had Carroll, Benteke, Lambert, Ballotelli in recent years, and we haven't had a clue what to do with them. We don't cross the ball, don't know how to generate crossing positions, and to change the way we play to accommodate a big man would be madness IMHO.

As much as Klopp's transfer decisions frustrate me sometimes, I have to admit, he's got the best hit-record with signings we've had in a long time. And that comes from sticking to targets he's totally 100% happy with. As I said, for better or worse, this is how he operates. It'll work, or it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wolfsburg and Swansea interested in Markovic apparently. Loan no doubt :pac:

Coutinho and Sturridge arrived in Jan 2013 and "left" in Jan 2018.

Wolfsburg and Swansea interested in Markovic apparently. Loan no doubt :pac:

A bit surprised at the low level of interest in him.. actually though he was very good last season at Hull. Not good enough to play for us obviously, but really expected a promoted team to grab him last summer for pace and a bit of invention. But I guess promoted teams put a high value on heart and initiative and drive, and unfortunately while Marko has pace and ability, he doesn't have much of those other attributes.

He reminds of the outfield version of Mig. Has plenty of the technical qualities one would like, but not the mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mad Mario is banging in goals at Nice he might be worth a punt.

Some lad at Celta Vigo is smashing it in La Liga these last two seasons with goals and assists could well be worth a punt.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement