Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Is it possible club is getting sold soon ?
    Why isn't  Kloop trying to replace players its strange,
    We seem to have cut all the deadwood and high paid players  not in the starting 11, Obvious Phil was a starter but he left us no choice,
    Studg ,Cou,Sahko,Luca, Origi, all on decent wages gone, Seems to be trimming the squad right down , makes it more attractive for a buyer as less outlay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We seem to have cut all the deadwood and high paid players  not in the starting 11, Obvious Phil was a starter but he left us no choice,
    Studg ,Cou,Sahko,Luca, Origi, all on decent wages gone, Seems to be trimming the squad right down , makes it more attractive for a buyer as less outlay

Christ, doesnt bear thinking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Surely if you're selling a company you don't liquidize it's assets? Also we're more attractive as a CL club, and selling your star player and shifting out 2-3 squad players without replacements is a good way to keep yourself out of the top 4. Although it makes the books look good I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I don't see Klopp agreeing to anything that impacts his ability to complete on the pitch. We let those players go because he didn't see them as criticial, except Cou, but he also brought in players on big wages in Salah, VVD and Ox. So it's not about cutting costs, it's about spending on the right things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Surely if you're selling a company you don't liquidize it's assets? Also we're more attractive as a CL club, and selling your star player and shifting out 2-3 squad players without replacements is a good way to keep yourself out of the top 4. Although it makes the books look good I suppose.

But think of it from the new owners point of view

They'll want to buy new players....money is already in the bank for that.

If they were buying new players and we hadnt dumped the others, they'd need to do sell them first /stay within FFP rules.

At least now the way we are, low wage bill, 100m in the bank..room for new owners to make some transfers.

Not sure its a runner though, but a possibility. I had heard rumours of chinese takeover end of last year, but think that was just a rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The club has been for sale ever since FSG took over according to rumour

daheff wrote: »
    Sappy404 wrote: »

But think of it from the new owners point of view

They'll want to buy new players....money is already in the bank for that.

If they were buying new players and we hadnt dumped the others, they'd need to do sell them first /stay within FFP rules.

At least now the way we are, low wage bill, 100m in the bank..room for new owners to make some transfers.

Not sure its a runner though, but a possibility. I had heard rumours of chinese takeover end of last year, but think that was just a rumour.
    This is my thinking, we have basically keep it a first 11 , we have not much strength in depth at all now,
    As far as Kloop going for it, if he was told sell the fringe players and in the summer spend a fortune i'm sure he'd be all over it,
    Just we seem to be leaving ourself's very very short and it was the same thing that derailed our season last year lack of option when players where injured, Surely Kloop learned form last season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dickerty wrote: »
    I wonder if we have something up our sleeves. It's not really our thing to do late in the window, but it seems off to let an attacking player go when we are struggling a bit, and the drop off after the first choice 3 is very substantial...

Hope like that will be the death of you.

Knex. wrote: »
    Hope like that will be the death of you.

Remember Knex, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I wonder if we have something up our sleeves. It's not really our thing to do late in the window, but it seems off to let an attacking player go when we are struggling a bit, and the drop off after the first choice 3 is very substantial...

Maybe a club that might pay money for Markovic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

murpho999 wrote: »
    I view it the other way: our away form has been good and the game has come around quickly and is the perfect opportunity to bounce back from a couple of bad results.
    At the risk of sounding like Rodgers, the players should show the desired attitude and character and be chomping at the bit to get to this game and show what they are really made of.
    If we lose it's a crisis though.

It will be very telling the type of performance the players produce this evening.

I've a horrible feeling that the players are wrecked mentally as there too many playing in positions and systems that don't suit them.

If Can really is off, he's out tonight, bring back Henderson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If Can really is off, he's out tonight, bring back Henderson...

Surely after Klopps remarks about Can, he won’t continue to give him gametime? Milner maybe instead of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Milner has been awful this season yet gets such a free pass.

Henderson is without doubt our best option for that role at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

In my opinion it's suicide what pool and klopp are doing.

Joke what you like about sturridge and his injuries but he is on a different level as a backup option the Danny Ings ffs he hasnt scored a goal in two year and solanke is only a kid that clearly ain't up the level yet another purchase by klopp too by the way.

Someone said they can't argue with who klopp has brought in but yes you can he has a goal keeper that is not up to scratch he has two centerback that are not up to scratch and I don't mean vvd in that he is only in the door.

Origi a young talented forward is on loan in the German league why ain't he at the club shelling out when they are so short up front.

Allow coutinho and sturridge to go in the same window and don't bring in anyone other then a canter back when ye are trying to compete to stay in the top four?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Milner has been awful this season yet gets such a free pass.

Henderson is without doubt our best option for that role at present.

Henderson offers the work rate alright but would he offer enough going forward? Milner is without a doubt a better passer of the ball and is just as hard a worker. Maybe a sustained period in the team would help him

astradave wrote: »
    Surely after Klopps remarks about Can, he won’t continue to give him gametime? Milner maybe instead of him?

What did he say about can I missed that?

Milner hasn't been great this season either after his left back stint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

brevity wrote: »
    It will be very telling the type of performance the players produce this evening.

I've a horrible feeling that the players are wrecked mentally as there too many playing in positions and systems that don't suit them.

How can this be?

It's only 2 weeks ago they were receiving praise for beating City.

It's that form and drive they need to find on a regular basis, especially against the lesser sides.

jayo26 wrote: »

Basically putting it out into the public that he will be leaving at the end of the season
    "Sometimes a player just wants to sit out his contract. That's not cool for the club, but there are moments in which you have to accept it.

He also said that he was a very good professional and that, but you would have to wonder if he would start phoning in performances

• Advertisement

Basically putting it out into the public that he will be leaving at the end of the season

He also said that he was a very good professional and that, but you would have to wonder if he would start phoning in performances

By the looks of it he has already started that to be fair. That's a right fuked situation to be in.

Remember Knex, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.... :D

You absolute sap, Dickerty :D

"Sometimes a player just wants to sit out his contract. That's not cool for the club, but there are moments in which you have to accept it.

For all Can faults I think the one thing you can rely on is that he ill give it his all till the end, He may not be the greatest player but he always puts in a shift in my opinion, I think he's just one of them lads who doesn't have it in him not to try ,

For all Can faults I think the one thing you can rely on is that he ill give it his all till the end, He may not be the greatest player but he always puts in a shift in my opinion, I think he's just one of them lads who doesn't have it in him not to try ,

Hey may keep trying but if his head is out the door his performances will not be up to scratch.

Can played every minute for us over the busy Christmas period, and had improved his performances a bit. He'll never be great in games where we dominate possession and he's asked to be a creator.

He'll always play well when the game is a bit more broken, open, and he's asked to play that destroyer role in front of the back four.

I'd play him tonight, considering it's an away game and we're not exactly stellar on options.

I'd play him tonight, considering it's an away game and we're not exactly stellar on options.

And that's the biggest problem no options no plan b and no competition for places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Can was at fault for two if not three of the goals the last day.

Can played every minute for us over the busy Christmas period, and had improved his performances a bit. He'll never be great in games where we dominate possession and he's asked to be a creator.

He'll always play well when the game is a bit more broken, open, and he's asked to play that destroyer role in front of the back four.

I suppose that it would be more that it could be playing on his mind that he would be without a contract until the summer and he might not give his all for fear of injury, if he suffers a bad injury will Juve still pick him up under the same conditions.

I’d say we will hear that he has signed a pre-contract soon enough but until then there is always the possibility that he won’t give his all until his future is secure. I’m not say that will happen just that it’s a possibility

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can this be?

It's only 2 weeks ago they were receiving praise for beating City.

It's that form and drive they need to find on a regular basis, especially against the lesser sides.

I think that the high from the City game coupled with the 2 defeats has thrown them. I don't think there is enough experience on the pitch to manage these situations either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

And that's the biggest problem no options no plan b and no competition for places.

TBF to get back to where Liverpool want having players who are good triers is not sufficient... heard it last night but when the midfield is Henderson and Can, they're never going to be able to break down a defence and thread balls through to the front three so unless its counter attacks it's not working...

You absolute sap, Dickerty :D

Consider your invitation to Zihuatanejo RECINDED...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Can seems to be hot or cold. It seems like he completely goes missing every couple of games, usually against the lesser teams. If he isn't giving 100% he may as well be dropped, IMO. He certainly shouldn't be made captain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Jesus if I hear about the "right signings" one more time. Would all clubs not think every signing is the right signing? It's not like we are operating off a smaller potential pool of players to buy than other clubs. Just f#cking buy someone and be done with it.

• brinty wrote: »
    TBF to get back to where Liverpool want having players who are good triers is not sufficient... heard it last night but when the midfield is Henderson and Can, they're never going to be able to break down a defence and thread balls through to the front three so unless its counter attacks it's not working...

He should play them together

Klopp seems to be bypassing them somewhat tbf, maybe he should be looking to play through the middle and promote them to actually get on the ball more

It looks like they don't have any specific role in team

His tactic is to play a high line and continues to get his attackers to press the full backs over and over then it just becomes so predictable to defend against

brinty wrote: »

Exactly and again they have let coutinho go without replacing him but are waiting on Nabby to come in the summer what's the point in that they might not even have top four then and could lose one of the top 3 again.

It's a dangerous game I said it yesterday should have a profile of each player he wants and 2 or 3 types of that player and go get the best one he can get.

Half a season was wasted waiting on vvd and a full season waiting on Nabby.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Wez Houlihan is the answer to the creativity :)

I'm all for signing the right player but to think there are no players out there that wouldn't improve the squad seems far fetched.

Sounds like a stalling tactic to me.

Can anyone explain Kloop problem with the  added time in the first half on Sunday ?
    Fa have said they won't fine him for comments, which seem to be along the line that there was 10 minutes to be added in the first half but interference from BT led there to be only 4 put on the board ?
    I'm not sure what exactly interference means or is there even a credible argument to be had, Anyone know what went on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

To me it seems that the majority of lfc fans are now starting to wake up and see the flaws in FSG. Only so much more can the FSG apologists defend them after this ****show of a transfer window. If we miss out on top 4 then i see a full scale revolt against their ownership.

Anyway tonight is a must win to stop the rot. A good win tonight sets things up nicely for the spurs game on sunday. I think huddersfield wont sit back and will come at us tonight.

ricero wrote: »
    To me it seems that the majority of lfc fans are now starting to wake up and see the flaws in FSG. Only so much more can the FSG apologists defend them after this ****show of a transfer window. If we miss out on top 4 then i see a full scale revolt against their ownership.

Anyway tonight is a must win to stop the rot. A good win tonight sets things up nicely for the spurs game on sunday. I think huddersfield wont sit back and will come at us tonight.
    When teams sit back its so so important we score early , then the home crowd wont stand for a team sitting back while losing, There happy for them to sit right back at 0-0 going into the second half hoping for a draw or to sneak a goal .
    Huddersfield beat united by closing them down , we are much better at breaking the press so id expect us to beat them if they imply the same tatic,, but I can see the sitting right off like Swansea

ricero wrote: »

But it's Klopp being stubborn more so than FSG, surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Moura for 22m
    How cheap is that for a player who has played over 200 games in last 4 seasons. A player who averages 12 plus goals a season. A player with 40 champions league appearances, a player who is only 25 years old. A player who is like a machine and never gets injured.

Would anyone think David Luiz could do a job for us

Moura for 22m
    How cheap is that for a player who has played over 200 games in last 4 seasons. A player who averages 12 plus goals a season. A player with 40 champions league appearances, a player who is only 25 years old. A player who is like a machine and never gets injured.

Who would you have him in place of.. he would instantly go into the Spurs team in place of Sisoko, don’t know where he would play for Pool, ye would have to drop one of the front three, probably Mane.. he is also probably getting assurances for gametime from Spurs which is one of the reasons he wants out of PSG.. doubt Pool would be able to give him that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Moura for 22m

Saw that this morning, we should be intercepting that one, madness that we aren't, fun Bobby would have a pal also...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-5321853/Liverpool-bid-Roma-keeper-Alisson-Becker-rejected.html

Yea I don't know why he's leave
    .. or where he's going to go
    I guess he has his reasons
    .. but I just don't want to know
    But for 24 years we've been
    needing a keeper like Allis

24 years just waiting for a chance
    To get him in the goal
    ..and to give this team a chance
    Now I got to get use to not
    signing a player like Allis .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

brevity wrote: »
    I think that the high from the City game coupled with the 2 defeats has thrown them. I don't think there is enough experience on the pitch to manage these situations either.

In fairness, unless you've been in Melwood over the last couple of days then you don't know that.

They have only lost 2 games since October and they have the experience of last January which was a much worse run to draw on.

A win tonight will change a lot.

VVD IS OUT TONIGHT, YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP

VVD IS OUT TONIGHT, YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP

A kop out by VVD. Looking to not be part of what might happen.
    That would be crazy if a little niggle is giving him a way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Source?

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Source?
    Anfield express twitter, slight knock rested for the Spur game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement