Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

VVD IS OUT TONIGHT, YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP

Seen that also ghat hendo,can and Milner in the centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

mightyreds wrote: »

Ejaria is off to Sunderland, we get any injuries we are in serious trouble and
    I'll say it now if we fail to make top 4 and there was money to spend this month then Kloop should be sacked,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

mightyreds wrote: »

A midfield that would inspire you to lick paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Nah, he won't be sacked. He'll have another year or two barring any massive cock ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Who would you have him in place of.. he would instantly go into the Spurs team in place of Sisoko, don’t know where he would play for Pool, ye would have to drop one of the front three, probably Mane.. he is also probably getting assurances for gametime from Spurs which is one of the reasons he wants out of PSG.. doubt Pool would be able to give him that

I don't think they need to replace anyone in the front 3 he would add another option sure mane has been misfiring all season.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be that hard to make it up tho when you see how much football he has missed in past 18 months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Markovic is gone to Swansea it seems, another one out the door ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    I don't think they need to replace anyone in the front 3 he would add another option sure mane has been misfiring all season.

He supposedly wants assured football, Klopp would never agree to that, plus I don’t think he is better than what they have there.

Any talk on Klopp being sacked for not making top 4 is Ludicrous, he should be criticised yes, but who would ye bring in that would be better?

He supposedly wants assured football, Klopp would never agree to that, plus I don’t think he is better than what they have there.

Maybe he dies but again it's not about been better it's about adding to the squad and putting the starting 3 under a bit if pressure.

If they go out and get beaten tonight and mane doesn't score again and klopp wants to change it up who dies he bring in instead? He has left himself with no options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Is it Klipp, Kloop or Klopp:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Would anyone think David Luiz could do a job for us

Stewarding, tea lady, ball boy, inanimate object, club shop assistant, kit man, lots for him to do. :pac:

Conte will be gone at the end of the season so any unhappy Chelsea player just has to stick it out until then.

Maybe he dies but again it's not about been better it's about adding to the squad and putting the starting 3 under a bit if pressure.

If they go out and get beaten tonight and mane doesn't score again and klipp wants to change it up who dies he bring in instead? He has left himself with no options.

My point would be that Moura would still probably choose Spurs if Pool went for him, he is going there to be a starter, if he wanted to be a back up while collecting a wage he would stay at PSG

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Stewarding, tea lady, ball boy, inanimate object, club shop assistant, kit man, lots for him to do. :pac:

Conte will be gone at the end of the season so any unhappy Chelsea player just has to stick it out until then.

He seems to be fit anyway in fairness to him so at least he could play games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

For all Can faults I think the one thing you can rely on is that he ill give it his all till the end, He may not be the greatest player but he always puts in a shift in my opinion, I think he's just one of them lads who doesn't have it in him not to try ,

He didn't try very hard when West Brom went by him twice for their first two goals the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

The club has been for sale ever since FSG took over according to rumour

Yer boy Macca on the rumours site has said the club is for sale, and that all potential buyers know the price

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My point would be that Moura would still probably choose Spurs if Pool went for him, he is going there to be a starter, if he wanted to be a back up while collecting a wage he would stay at PSG

I wouldn't be so sure of him starting at spurs. He will have to displace one of son, alli or eriksen. Even less of a chance when alderwereld gets fit as they will probably go 3421 again. He will be another attacking option for spurs. I haven't seen much of him so not sure about him at Liverpool but another attacking option is definetly required.

Can anyone explain Kloop problem with the  added time in the first half on Sunday ?
    Fa have said they won't fine him for comments, which seem to be along the line that there was 10 minutes to be added in the first half but interference from BT led there to be only 4 put on the board ?
    I'm not sure what exactly interference means or is there even a credible argument to be had, Anyone know what went on ?

If they had played the 10 mins in the first half, we could have been 4-1 down at HT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I always remember summer 2012. When we let Carroll go & didn't even try sign anyone to replace him. Ayre was at home while the LFCTV crew were at Melwood lol.

5 & 1/2 years later & we are just letting players go again. My only bit of hope is in Ings. I do think he can surprise people.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I always remember summer 2012. When we let Carroll go & didn't even try sign anyone to replace him. Ayre was at home while the LFCTV crew were at Melwood lol.

5 & 1/2 years later & we are just letting players go again. My only bit of hope is in Ings. I do think he can surprise people.

To be fair having hope in someone that hasn't scored in two years is not great. I know he has been injured but what exactly would he be able bring to the team in desperation.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be so sure of him starting at spurs. He will have to displace one of son, alli or eriksen. Even less of a chance when alderwereld gets fit as they will probably go 3421 again. He will be another attacking option for spurs. I haven't seen much of him so not sure about him at Liverpool but another attacking option is definetly required.

Thats what ive been saying if he can't get the best players he at least needs options he can't just wait for hoping to sign the right player and let each season slip away without progress he will be sacked before they do become available.

To be fair having hope in someone that hasn't scored in two years is not great. I know he has been inured but what exactly would he be able bring to the team in desperation.
    It is the only thing you can do FSG in charge. They clearly don't want any huge spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

What we're doing by not attempting to replace let alone strengthen is to give our players an out , an excuse to come up short. Not to mention the fact it gives our fanbase an excuse, rightly or wrongly, to take their frustration out on an already mentally fragile team on what is a must win game against Huddersfield .

He’s more wide than those though so could see him playing on the right even as a RWB in the 3421, he would definitely be an upgrade on Tripper attacking wise and is solid enough defensively. Sissoko has been a regular for them the last while and he is a definite upgrade there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jesus he's as bad as that Phil Jones fella

It is the only thing you can do FSG in charge. They clearly don't want any huge spending.

I'm not been funny but they have backed klopp. Year they sold slot of players for the same money but the fact is klopp has trimmed down his squad and in same time spent over 200 million.

I don't know if it's all fsg fault to be honest.

I'm not been funny but they have backed klipp. Year they sold slot of players for the same money but the fact is klipp has trimmed down his squad and in same time spent over 200 million.

I don't know if it's all fsg fault to be honest.

And Keita coming in during the off season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We have just paid a world record fee for a defender....

And didn't Klopp say he'd leave if Liverpool ever got like that!!!!!

• Advertisement

He’s more wide than those though so could see him playing on the right even as a RWB in the 3421, he would definitely be an upgrade on Tripper attacking wise and is solid enough defensively. Sissoko has been a regular for them the last while and he is a definite upgrade there
    Upgrade on any of Sissokos, Wanayama or Dembele TBH.

If anything happens to Firmino, we're in trouble. That scares me, tbh, as it would effectively end our season imo.

Not bringing in a player to bolster those attacking positions is a massive risk. I'd love to get Giroud for the 20m that is being touted. I feel like he's a player who would compliment Salah and Mane, if in a slightly different way to how Firmino does.

brinty wrote: »
    And didn't Klopp say he'd leave if Liverpool ever got like that!!!!!
    You know better than me bronty, did he?

Upgrade on any of Sissokos, Wanayama or Dembele TBH.

Moura is a wide player, those you mention are central midfielders...

thats like saying a lamborghini is an upgrade on a Ferrari F1 car!!!

And sold a player for nearly twice the fee & are clearly reducing the wage bill letting Sturridge go on loan.

Has Klopp factored in World Cup inflation for the players he wants, and also the fact that we may not make Top 4?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lots of narky comments in here today and turty nowhere to be seen! :D

Managers live or die by results, if libpool finish say 6th would the reaction get him sacked. He could leave a squad that his successor would thrive with having made the kind of additions we've all been screaming for.

Moura is a wide player, those you mention are central midfielders...

thats like saying a lamborghini is an upgrade on a Ferrari F1 car!!!

No not at all, he has been played as an attacking midfielder as well as off the wing. He is a better footballer than each of those who have been played as different parts of a midfield three for spurs in the past.

Your analogy is terrible BTW.

Managers live or die by results, if libpool finish say 6th would the reaction get him sacked. He could leave a squad that his successor would thrive with having made the kind of additions we've all been screaming for.

He's probably still getting sick from the first time I mentioned Giroud.

TBH Brendan was sacked for less. In his defence you went close to winning the league under him an kicked him out. Klopp has to start delivering more than just his heavy metal football soon... won nothing under him.. like blaming BT for the state of the pitch at the weekend was laughable.. and should not be acceptable from a non league manager never mind the manager of Liverpool football club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So city are cruising at the top yet fork out another 50m on a cb,and we're still sitting on our thumbs

• Advertisement

No not at all, he has been played as an attacking midfielder as well as off the wing. He is a better footballer than each of those who have been played as different parts of a midfield three for spurs in the past.

Your analogy is terrible BTW.

how is it terrible..

Wanyama, sissoko and dembele are sitting central midfielders.

Moura is a wide or attacking midfielder... if they're the same think I've been watching football wrong my whole life!!!

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So city are cruising at the top yet fork out another 50m on a cb,and we're still sitting on our thumbs

They reckon it's because they know there is a chance they won't be able spend as much in the summer with the new ffp meeting.

shamrock55 wrote: »

just broke the world record for a defender by 25m, how's thats sitting on thumbs when most supporters are saying the defence and GK needs sorting as the front players are sorted....

You know better than me bronty, did he?

Who is bronty? ;);)

how is it terrible..

Moura is a wide or attacking midfielder... if they're the same think I've been watching football wrong my whole life!!!

Sissoko is not a sitting midfielder, he is predominantly a wide player that can play as a AM or a box to box. dembele is more box to box too..

Moura would replace Sissoko in the first 11 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Has Klopp factored in World Cup inflation for the players he wants, and also the fact that we may not make Top 4?

Spot on. Everyone's price , no matter who they are, go up in a World Cup summer. Good, bad or indifferent.

how is it terrible..

Sissoko is not a sitting midfielder, he is predominantly a wide player that can play as a AM or a box to box. dembele is more box to box too..

Moura would replace Sissoko in the first 11 imo

I'm with dave on this one as regards the bold bit, anything is possible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Knex. wrote: »
    If anything happens to Firmino, we're in trouble. That scares me, tbh, as it would effectively end our season imo.

Not bringing in a player to bolster those attacking positions is a massive risk. I'd love to get Giroud for the 20m that is being touted. I feel like he's a player who would compliment Salah and Mane, if in a slightly different way to how Firmino does.

Klopp really makes rods to beat him with,the comments about Pogba and then spending £75 million on a CB yet seeing the same frailty in defence.
    Now saying the answer to replacing Coutinho "isn't out there". One serious injury to Salah or Firmino and you are in deep trouble.
    Joe Hart is available according to the media today, he's not top class but surely better than what you have and gonna be cheap.
    United are learning from their previous mistakes and building from a position of strength by getting Sanchez in for an underperforming Mikhitryan. Klopp not doing similar is wilful neglect. The team cannot rely on 3 or so players bailing them out, it's all well and good when things are going well but there's no depth in the squad if things are going pear shaped.
    I know it's pretty much financial doping by Pep at City but he's building from a strong base and has just splashed out on another good defender and is looking at the Sane injury by targeting Mahrez... he's not saying there's nothing out there.

Just my opinion and I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ejaira to Sunderland on loan.

Klopp really makes rods to beat him with,the comments about Pogba and then spending £75 million on a CB yet seeing the same frailty in defence.
    Now saying the answer to replacing Coutinho "isn't out there". One serious injury to Salah or Firmino and you are in deep trouble.
    Joe Hart is available according to the media today, he's not top class but surely better than what you have and gonna be cheap.

Not sure Hart is the answer, he is terrible, it is no surprise that West Hams upturn in form has coincided with Hart being dropped.

Oblak, now there is a lad I would love to see join, only £75m release clause too, or perhaps we could tempt burnley with a last minute 30 mill offer for Pope as he is their second keeper??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement