Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Joe Hart :pac::pac::pac::D:D:D:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Joe Hart :pac::pac::pac::D:D:D:D:p

Infairness you could enter the name of either one of your keepers on front of them smilies and would be equally as suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

brinty wrote: »
    Lots of narky comments in here today and turty nowhere to be seen! :D

Managers live or die by results, if libpool finish say 6th would the reaction get him sacked. He could leave a squad that his successor would thrive with having made the kind of additions we've all been screaming for.

TBH Brendan was sacked for less. In his defence you went close to winning the league under him an kicked him out. Klopp has to start delivering more than just his heavy metal football soon... won nothing under him.. like blaming BT for the state of the pitch at the weekend was laughable.. and should not be acceptable from a non league manager never mind the manager of Liverpool football club
    I dont think it was the pitch, it was the time added on he complained about, which he is right about , there really should have been 10 minutes added for the injurys and VAR decisions , whose fault it is I didnt really care so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Joe Hart is no better that the pair of clowns we already have. Adrian who lost his place to Darren Randolph last year has even dislodged him from goal at West Ham.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Infairness you could enter the name of either one of your keepers on front of them smilies and would be equally as suitable.

I could, but Joe Hart though... :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hart was a very talented underage keeper who when made the breakthrough thought he had made it and never pushed on and adjusted himself for the senior game. He’s pretty awful these days as he has combined his lack of ability with a lack of confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yep but we would not have to pay for them first..!

• Joe Hart is no better that the pair of clowns we already have. Adrian who lost his place to Darren Randolph last year has even dislodged him from goal at West Ham.

I'm surprised nobody has made moves for Schmeichel or Fabianski

Yep but we would not have to pay for them first..!

I'd say you could have Hart for free too haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Keeper is vital. It's a huge disadvantage knowing that if opposing team hit target you typically concede. That is a huge pressure on defence not to allow a shot on goal.
    We give away less shots on goal than everyone though, so we are doing some things right. A keeper that can make a save would be huge bonus. Ward is a sensible keeper, only Klopp knows why someone who is so bland and unnoticeable is not giving a chance ahead of the two bright and colourful circus clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So city are cruising at the top yet fork out another 50m on a cb,and we're still sitting on our thumbs

Aside from paying the best wages, thats how you keep your best players. You don't make do, or rest on your laurels, you prove to your best players that you're willing to buy them the tools necessary to help them achieve their goals at your club(ie to win things) within a reasonable timeframe.

The longer we take to assemble a trophy winning team the more likely we are to lose the earlier acquisitions on that road like Salah, Mane and Firmino, who may well look at us sitting out every Jan window and wonder can they afford to wait for Klopp to find the 'right' player.

Aside from paying the best wages, thats how you keep your best players. You don't make do, or rest on your laurels, you prove to your best players that you're willing to buy them the tools necessary to help them achieve their goals at your club(ie to win things) within a reasonable timeframe.

The longer we take to assemble a trophy winning team the more likely we are to lose the earlier acquisitions on that road like Salah, Mane and Firmino, who may well look at us sitting out every Jan window and wonder can they afford to wait for Klopp to find the 'right' player.

Exactly you don't wait a year to fill a position you have noticed a big hole in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Exactly you don't wait a year to fill a position you have noticed a big hole in.

A year?

How long have Moreno, Mignolet and Lovren been mainstays of our defence?

It's nuts.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Grampa Simpson in/out gif.

• 5starpool wrote: »
    Grampa Simpson in/out gif.

Here you go :D

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Swansea look like they are close to paying £15m for Markovic :eek:

Well played FSG if they get that :pac:

Just stick on a sell on clause just in case :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Is there any sign of a game lads, or are we all going to sit around whinging about the signings we're not making.
    It's Fvcking depression central around here the last week, sooner February 1st comes the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sappy404 wrote: »
    There's a half a season yet to play. Are you telling me you're happy with Danny Ings up front and James Milner in CM if there's an injury or two? And what, promote Woodburn and Ejaria to the bench? FFS.

And this isn't even a gamble. Gambles have payoffs. This is recklessness, with no upside whatsoever. Unless you want to point to an increasingly meaningless ledger at the end of the season, there is no benefit at all in loaning them out without replacing them.
    Ejaira to Sunderland on loan.

UF1vQAB.gif

A year?

How long have Moreno, Mignolet and Lovren been mainstays of our defence?

It's nuts.

No I ment in the case of Keita and vvd he could of strengths the defence in the summer and would be in a better place squad wise.

Moreno and mignolet have been replaced as such wasn't that why he signed the keeper who is now deemed not good enough and young Robertson is long term replacement at left back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Swansea look like they are close to paying £15m for Markovic :eek:

Well played FSG if they get that :pac:

Just stick on a sell on clause just in case :P

Well done FSG. More money for the club not to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ricero wrote: »

Speaking of spending.
    This is probably relevant for all clubs but what happens tomorrow night if player A is suddenly linked with club B and there's a game on. Gonna be a pain in the hole trying to sort a deal when games are taking place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any truth VVD won't play tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

No I ment in the case of Keita and vvd he could of strengths the defence in the summer and would be in a better place squad wise.

Moreno and mignolet have been replaced as such wasn't that why he signed the keeper who is now deemed not good enough and young Robertson is long term replacement at left back.

Can't for the life of me understand how Robertson isn't starting every game as first choice. The best option there Liverpool have had in a very long time by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:

Smell that net spend.....seriously I don't know why any club would pay 15 million for him as hes barely played the last 3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be fair to FSG they are killing it selling all Rodgers players that they overpaid for in the first place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any truth VVD won't play tonight?

redmen tv reporting that hes out.

I expect us to give them a battering tonight. Wagner will get his ol buddy out of trouble for sure no?

Speaking of spending.
    This is probably relevant for all clubs but what happens tomorrow night if player A is suddenly linked with club B and there's a game on. Gonna be a pain in the hole trying to sort a deal when games are taking place.
    It has happened plenty of times before. If there is a transfer deal to be done, they will get it through, if not tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sane out for a month and City have moved for Mahrez, apparently. Incredible.

Yeah must be tough having no money to spend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It has happened plenty of times before. If there is a transfer deal to be done, they will get it through, if not tough.

Players being winched off pitches during games and flown off for medicals. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I couldn't give less of a bollox if we make money off the sh that Rodgers brought.

buy some fúcking players.
    they don't have to be fúcking perfect.
    just a keeper who can save something, a midfielder who can control the ball and take it on the half turn, and a backup striker who can hit a fúcking barn door.

now do your job.

you're píssing away trophies and an easy ride to the top 4 by just being plain negligent.

MV5BMjUxMDQwNjcyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzcwMzc0MTI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Liverpool at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thats the key word.

An article with absolutely no quotes whatsoever.

I guarantee that if Klopp hadn't ruled out more signings that article headline would have been 'Klopp and Pep battle it out for Mahrez'

Believe fcuk all you read in the papers about potential transfers, and believe even less in the next 36 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So Klopp's gonna avoid fixing glaring holes in the team... he's been there 26/7 months and done nothing about his GK

Could've brought in Hart, Ederson, Bravo, Caballero... anyone who'd have been an upgrade on whats there... that's a damning statement right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It's a fine line to walk. I can accept his 'be sure' policy.... but I would still have liked maybe one more of our problem positions addressed this window....

But its probabaly accurate to say that buying the wrong player slows our progress even more than buying no-one.

That depends on the calibre and position in the squad.

Right now our first 11 is this

Mane Bob Salah
    Ox
    Hendo-Wij(Keita)
    Rob-VVD-Lov-Clyne
    Karius

The front 4 lacks quality, truth be told (even if the front 3 doesn't) and it needs a keeper at the back if not another CB as well but other than that it can trade blows with most teams even if it's unlikely to finish ahead of City, Chelsea or Utd.

Senior backup thats somewhere between tolerable and interchangeable:
    Gomez, Lallana, Matip, Moreno.

That's it and even then nobody's arsed about Clyne, Lovren, Karius or any of the backups.

There should be very few players that we don't feel that we can push out of the team and can replace with little financial trouble, so where we are now I just don't buy this softly softly approach.

We have nothing like the depth of proven talent that we need to tiptoe around signings and we've very little to lose by throwing in a couple of decent players pretty much in any part of the squad - the sort of 15-20m 80k a week bracket.

I expect the transfer committee to be serious lads who have a running shortlist for every position of 10+ players. We don't know when we'll have to get something done on short notice and there's people who's whole ****ing job is to find playing staff for the club.

I thought our squad was a little light in one or two positions or even only 1 or two types of players for a position in the summer but all of a sudden the squad looks very very threadbare and not just because of a lack of bodies, but how some players have looked like they're not up to snuff.
    That includes Lallana and Hendo, who've barely been fit, Milner who's been muck, Can who's ran his contract down and is as good as gone. There are others.

1 or 2 more players in the summer won't cut it. We'll still be treading water, and how does it make sense to keep having to fork out 200m every year and still get nowhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

So Klopp's gonna avoid fixing glaring holes in the team... he's been there 26/7 months and done nothing about his GK

Could've brought in Hart, Ederson, Bravo, Caballero... anyone who'd have been an upgrade on whats there... that's a damning statement right there

We did buy Karius but he doesn't look good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

No, just no!

We need a keeper badly, but Joe 'can't get my game ahead of Adrian' Hart is most certainly not the answer.

How much would a Ben Foster cost in todays market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

MV5BMjUxMDQwNjcyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzcwMzc0MTI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Liverpool at the moment

Is that Studge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jayop wrote: »

Couldn't buy him, he played for United...

• Jayop wrote: »

Tbf as I said Schmeichel or Fabianski should be feasible targets.

Fabianski probably the easier got of the two, he's in very good form this year.

A long time ago and he only made 12 first team apps. I think if Foster would go there. He's 34 now and it's his last chance to play for a decent side.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tbf as I said Schmeichel or Fabianski should be feasible targets.

Fabianski probably the easier got of the two, he's in very good form this year.

I'd say pretty much any first choice keeper at any other league team would be a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Klopps a bleedin' joke. We will invest in the team, oh no, its ok now, we wont.

Fenway getting some work done so THATS where the money is going ....

FSG out.

• Advertisement

What is a damning statement is that you believe Hart is an upgrade on anyone, even the cast of dumb and dumber that we rotate in and out of nets but then you do see football differently to many.
    if they're the same think I've been watching football wrong my whole life!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Luis21 wrote: »
    Klopps a bleedin' joke. We will invest in the team, oh no, its ok now, we wont.

Fenway getting some work done so THATS where the money is going ....

FSG out.

Blame Klopp not FGS who have bankrolled every player the manager has wanted as far as I can recall.

Some say it's in Moreno's contract he must play 2/3 of our games. Would make sense as to why the clown is let on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Some say it's in Moreno's contract he must play 2/3 of our games. Would make sense as to why the clown is let on the pitch.

If you believe that how do you explain him not playing last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Dcully wrote: »
    redmen tv reporting that hes out.

How reliable would they be?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement