Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

brinty wrote: »
    So Klopp's gonna avoid fixing glaring holes in the team... he's been there 26/7 months and done nothing about his GK

Could've brought in Hart, Ederson, Bravo, Caballero... anyone who'd have been an upgrade on whats there... that's a damning statement right there

He's worse at making saves than the two hand less keepers we already have!
    Hart and Willy can stay away too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

How reliable would they be?
    Usually a decent source, seems like we have bought a less good, more injured Kompany if that is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tbf as I said Schmeichel or Fabianski should be feasible targets.

Fabianski probably the easier got of the two, he's in very good form this year.

So was Mignolet before we bought him from Sunderland. Very wary of keepers doing well at lower table clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Keepers from sides which concede a lot of shots on goal will tend to look good as they are constantly busy. It's why many "lesser" keepers seem to have worldies against Liverpool. Ask a stopper to concentrate for 95 minutes when they might have just one shot on target to deal with is different kind of challenge entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

So was Mignolet before we bought him from Sunderland. Very wary of keepers doing well at lower table clubs.

Concentration is so important for keepers at clubs higher up the table. Liverpool give up very few chances so it's up to the keeper to keep himself on his toes and ready which our two lads don't seem to be able to do.

Keepers down the bottom get plenty of chances to make saves, lots of routine ones to keep them moving, concentrated and ready then to pull off a great save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

so now rumours of Mahrez to Man City....surely we should sign him so as to not let one of our rivals strengthen?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/man-city-planning-last-minute-raid-for-leicester-star-after-injury-to-leroy-sane-36547662.html

**appreciate this is the indo...but no smoke without fire

also as everybody else is linked with Jonny Evans, we arent....why not??? something wrong with us? Surely he would have been as decent a player as VVD for a fraction of the price?

Or are we going to try sign him for 3m in the summer when west brom go down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

daheff wrote: »
    so now rumours of Mahrez to Man City....surely we should sign him so as to not let one of our rivals strengthen?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/man-city-planning-last-minute-raid-for-leicester-star-after-injury-to-leroy-sane-36547662.html

**appreciate this is the indo...but no smoke without fire

Man City are not one of our rivals they are no ones rivals this seasons we could sign Messi today and we still wouldn't be a rival to them this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Man City have no rivals in this league currently tbf.

I'd be concerned if one of Utd/Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea were in for him but ave no qualms about City picking him up since they have the league anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Buy all the players, we are not playing Fifa or Football manager to do that.

The manager has his targets so we as fans can wish and build up hope to buy all the player but all you are doing is building up hope in yourself and left for disappointment when the manager does not go for all or any of the players you want

x43r0 wrote: »

I'd be concerned if one of Utd/Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea were in for him but ave no qualms about City picking him up since they have the league anyway
    I know they do not need him, are they really buying just to cover Sane (if they are) Suppose league winners medal for him if enough games played and a hike in wages but he won't be the main man at city and he will certainly not be played al that much with Sane, Silva, KDB et al all fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Man City are not one of our rivals they are no ones rivals this seasons we could sign Messi today and we still wouldn't be a rival to them this season.
    x43r0 wrote: »

maybe not this season........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Next year for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Next year will be Liverpools year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some say it's in Moreno's contract he must play 2/3 of our games. Would make sense as to why the clown is let on the pitch.

So Liverpool would literally have to pay more for him NOT to play?

I'll throw in €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lets buy another creative goal scoring midfielder , and then play him in front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Some say it's in Moreno's contract he must play 2/3 of our games.

And some say that he's a headless chicken, who thinks that in order to make a tackle you need to reenact a kick from street fighter 2.

All we know is, he's a div.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Knex. wrote: »
    And some say that he's a headless chicken, who thinks that in order to make a tackle you need to reenact a kick from street fighter 2.

All we know is, he's a div.

Toby actually reminds me a bit of Moreno. He's probably flying around his house on his Hover board thinking up funny things to say as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Toby actually reminds me a bit of Moreno. He's probably flying around his house on his Hover board thinking up funny things to say as we speak.

I'm have a feeling that Toby is a carefully formed character, but that's a suspicion that I never want confirmed.

This is his forum, we just post in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

BBC reporting Mahrez has handed in a transfer request after Man City bid for the player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

________Alice__________

Clyne_Matip_VVD_Robertson

______Henderson________

___Keita_______Fekir___

_Salah_____________Mane__

________Firmino____________

This wins us the league.

________Alice__________

______Henderson________

___Keita_______Fekir___

This wins us the league.
    Dunno about Mane in there, he needs to up his game significantly again, need the lad who went off to the ANC last year.

I like Hendo but can't see him being a regular starter in a team that wins the league, think Naby may be good enough to do half of the job the Hendo does as well or perhaps Jorginho who could do that job well and break the lines.

Would prefer Oblak to Allisson personally too.

Don't know enough about Fekir so will bow to your better knowledge of him.

We do miss Clyne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm have a feeling that Toby is a carefully formed character, but that's a suspicion that I never want confirmed.

This is his forum, we just post in it.

He's fictional, even if he isn't aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

That team wouldn't get us second tbh. Also, our wonderful bench and rotation players will inevitably drag them back

We should go for Vardy then if Maharz leaves for City.

He works he bollix off and scores goals.

He is not a likeable guy in anyway whatsoever from what I have read about him I wouldn't say no if we tried to sign him.

I'd also try for Gray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

________Alice__________

______Henderson________

___Keita_______Fekir___

This wins us the league.

WTF is Alice??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

________Alice__________

______Henderson________

___Keita_______Fekir___

This wins us the league.

Your first 11 is not the problem it's the bench that's the problem.

I seen a stat the other day that the best 11 of the Chelsea team of the mid 00s only started 2 games together the great United team of 08 only started 3 games together and the 99 team only started 1 game together.

It's not about having the best 11 it's about having the squad debt and quality behind it.

That team would win games but cities best 11 after spending another 100 million would blow it away.

WTF is Alice??????

Alisson.

WTF is Alice??????

My neighbour for the past 24 years

WTF is Alice??????

In wonderland winning the league?
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Your first 11 is not the problem it's the bench that's the problem.

I seen a stat the other day that the best 11 of the Chelsea team of the mid 00s only started 2 games together the great United team of 08 only started 3 games together and the 99 team only started 1 game together.

It's not about having the best 11 it's about having the squad debt and quality behind it.

That team would win games but cities best 11 after spending another 100 million would blow it away.
    United have plenty of that!! :)

Agreed though. It's about having 17/18 players all of a 1st team quality that you can use freely. Every championship winning team has 1/2 players that have to play most weeks to win but the rest should be able to swap in and out for each other freely.

As it stands I'd say Liverpool have maybe 3 players good enough to win the championship. VVD and Keita could add to that, time will tell. A large amount of the rest had either better develop a lot before the start of next season or be replaced.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hart, Cabellero, Fabianski. Telling that those names were suggested by a utd fan. If any Liverpool fan thinks any of those would be much better they are one that should reevaluate what they are looking for. Bringing in someone like that would probably mean no proper upgrade happens in the summer (which might not happen anyhow tbh).

Ridiculous notion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Has Klopp factored in World Cup inflation for the players he wants, and also the fact that we may not make Top 4?

that's the 75m £ question..... miss the top 4 and we will be getting average players....

miss the top 4 and we will be paying silly money for these average players...

all our rivals have strengthened this window....trying to gun for that top 4 spot.. its like we have given up on this season already and are waiting to buy for next season and risking the consequences of finishing below 4th..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Would Klopp actually play Allisson? Almost every match Klopp seems to make a odd change to the lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    Hart, Cabellero, Fabianski. Telling that those names were suggested by a utd fan. If any Liverpool fan thinks any of those would be much better they are one that should reevaluate what they are looking for. Bringing in someone like that would probably mean no proper upgrade happens in the summer (which might not happen anyhow tbh).

Ridiculous notion.

Seriously, what is it in the past fortnight on here? If we're not discussing Sanchez, they're all in here 'coming in peace'.

mosstin wrote: »
    Seriously, what is it in the past fortnight on here? If we're not discussing Sanchez, they're all in here 'coming in peace'.

Well we are in peace there is no nonsense talk or anything so lets all get along.

Also, I how the fcuk is this Firmino/Holgate thing not resolved yet? Ridiculous. Ings could be set for a run in the team yet once the fa get their fingers out after the window closes.

mada999 wrote: »
    that's the 75m £ question..... miss the top 4 and we will be getting average players....

miss the top 4 and we will be paying silly money for these average players...

all our rivals have strengthened this window....trying to gun for that top 4 spot.. its like we have given up on this season already and are waiting to buy for next season and risking the consequences of finishing below 4th..

Do you think the champions league has helped you sign quality? By all means Liverpool's best players have all been bough when not in champions league apart from salah who I think you would of bought anyway.

And?

You'd swear we had lost a game or two recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Buying VVD in Jan is fixing a problem from the summer. Not strengthening our squad in Jan can be justified to some extent by player availability etc but leaving our best player go and other squad options go makes no sense if that is the case. We'll always be a window behind if this is the approach and we'll keep losing our best players. I'm happy with Klopp and if this is his way then fine, but its not like our squad is super strong, we can upgrade several players, surely there is a list of obtainable targets.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well we are in peace there is no nonsense talk or anything so lets all get along.

Would you be happy with any of those replacing de Gea if he left? If so then I'm sorry I doubted anyone. If you wouldn't, then they are just nonsense suggestions.

• Advertisement

Also, I how the fcuk is this Firmino/Holgate thing not resolved yet? Ridiculous. Ings could be set for a run in the team yet once the fa get their fingers out after the window closes.
    It is a farce really, if the FA thought there was any case to answer then surely they would have already had him banned, he does have serious lapses of judgement but we saw what he said from all angles didn't we. Wonder if it is not proven will Holgate face any retrospective action for the shove over the hoardings? Reckless play and the ref did nothing about it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Would you be happy with any of those replacing de Gea if he left? If so then I'm sorry I doubted anyone. If you wouldn't, then they are just nonsense suggestions.

When this was discussed before I believe it boiled down to giving Romero his chance and focus on improving other areas (this was during the summer mind and we HAVE improved those area's so could be different now. Romero is probably the best #2 in the League tbh)

Of course I wouldn't but I didn't suggest him and I don't think it was suggested as a long term solution he is seemingly available now as he wants to play before the world cup.

To be honest if we had two keepers like karius and migs I'd try steve wonder in goal if I thought he would make an attempt.

Seriously a keeper from one of the lower prem sides could work wonders none are world class but the two yoù have now are really bad.

Again a lot of it has to do with klopp flapping about with them it's hard for any keeper to feel settled when he doesn't have the full backing if the manager he doesn't know who he wants to be his number one and it's been like that since last season.

Our keepers are poor

aafbd15b0e9b7d1a5afbeaba01b152f2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mahrez to city is annoying.

That many points clear and dropping 100m on players. Do players not worry about getting gametime at some stage?

What's city's net spend including the summer at? Maybe I've missed a couple of big sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Mahrez to city is just mental. Makes their squad depth unbelievable

pjohnson wrote: »
    Romero is probably the best #2 in the League tbh)

Pope for me and that is just of the top of my head.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Our keepers are poor

aafbd15b0e9b7d1a5afbeaba01b152f2

Good one :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

noodler wrote: »
    Mahrez to city is annoying.

That many points clear and dropping 100m on players. Do players not worry about getting gametime at some stage?

What's city's net spend including the summer at? Maybe I've missed a couple of big sales.

What it shows that, even though Mané's only out until March, City don't want to leave themselves short even for that period whilst we're willing to jettison our prime creative force and a possible (remote) option off the bench to knock in a goal when needed, without replacing them. And this when we're clinging on to a Top 4 position whilst most of our rivals have strengthened.

• Advertisement

What it shows that, even though Mané's only out until March, City don't want to leave themselves short

Did I just miss a massive transfer that has gone under the radar :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement