Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,940 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That insta pic was posted in August.

Now if he posted it today I’d take something from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If he manages a game against us he’ll inevitably get his goal. What a day that’ll be on here.

Hopefully the resident cultists will have followed him to the appropriate super thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If we are willing to sell for 25m.

Sturridge will go. Many teams in danger of relegation will be willing to pay that before Januray ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Karon-.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Going to get very busy in next few months, we need Sturridge badly.
    Firmino cannot be starting every cup game and league game, if Sturridge is fit he'll be used a lot in coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Firmino cannot be starting every cup game and league game, if Sturridge is fit he'll be used a lot in coming months.

I'm not so sure. He gives so little outside of scoring and at the moment he's not scoring. I'd rather see Solanke given the game time so he can develop and improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't think we need anyone with Klopp in charge, he can get anyone going. **** stick me in there I think he would turn me into a 15-20 goal a year striker and I only played B football in Clare. The man is a ****en genius.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't think we need anyone with Klopp in charge, he can get anyone going. **** stick me in there I think he would turn me into a 15-20 goal a year striker and I only played B football in Clare. The man is a ****en genius.

Don't talk ****e.

He'd start you at lb ahead of Robertson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    Did he escape from that ordeal unharmed? No paper cuts or torn elbow tendons?

Used a pencil. Lead poisoning. Out for 6 months.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We're the 3pm game on sky tomorrow afternoon (well this afternoon technically).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Used a pencil. Lead poisoning. Out for 6 months.

We are such cheapskates for not using graphite pencils.

#FSGout

Am I doing it right ricero?

5starpool wrote: »

Excellent, 1st day of a week off, I'll be watching this on a barstool with a ****in hape of pints, while losing 2.50 at a time on ludicrous accumulators.

Stoke want Sturridge as well.

Bidding war!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

niallo27 wrote: »
    corwill wrote: »
    Don't talk ****e.

He'd start you at lb ahead of Robertson.

Think you're both forgetting the pecking order. As soon as my myriad of injuries clear up, I'll be back in contention to do a job.
    I was injury prone before Studge started it.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Think you're both forgetting the pecking order. As soon as my myriad of injuries clear up, I'll be back in contention to do a job.
    I was injury prone before Studge started it.

They're never clearing up.

There. I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

There. I said it.

Sell him to the West Ham superthread. They love buying our crocks and paying over the odds...

Anything less than 2 packets of BBQ hula hoops and its no deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sell him to the West Ham superthread. They love buying our crocks and paying over the odds...

Anything less than 2 packets of BBQ hula hoops and its no deal

That was Sam. Maybe he’ll take him at Everton, we could even throw in a free picture for a T-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There. I said it.

flesh-wound.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Just to interrupt the weird circle jerk going on in here over the possible transfer of Sturridge :)

If he is to go I would rather it would be in the summer.

Solanke isn't exactly setting the world on fire yet (has he scored for us this season?).

Which would leave us with possibly the most injury prone striker we have ever had as back up to Bobby......no lads not Studge, that would be Mr. Ings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Stoke want Sturridge as well.

As long as any move is a permanent one I would be happy. Same goes for Ings and Marko.

I'd let Solanke go on a loan to a premiership side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mr.H wrote: »
    As long as any move is a permanent one I would be happy. Same goes for Ings and Marko.

I'd let Solanke go on a loan to a premiership side

What, Liverpool have to keep one striker.

Let's say barca came in with 150 for Phil his month. First of all I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care about not having him for champions league. They won't if they don't buy him anyway.

But my question is. If he does move this month (I don't think he will. But if) could we see another 75 million signing in January?

Let's say barca came in with 150 for Phil his month. First of all I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care about not having him for champions league. They won't if they don't buy him anyway.

But my question is. If he does move this month (I don't think he will. But if) could we see another 75 million signing in January?

Only Thomas Lemar and Julian Draxler would fit the bill and both Monaco and PSG would be well positioned to play hard ball. The latter might be more getable if French scribbler Julien Laurens is right but he would be CL cup tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Unsure how to feel about Sturridge, but I would be inclined to agree that if we can get 20m+ for him we need to probably consider getting that fee and his fairly high wages off the books.

If Solanke is considered number 2 CF (which it seems he may be) then even more so. There's also Ings, and don't forget Mane or Salah could easily play through the middle, so I don't really think we're left short here.

A front 3 of Salah---Mane--Coutinho should still be hugely dangerous if Firmino is ever out.

As for Sturridge I think it's the right move for him. He doesn't suit Klopp's style where every player needs to be at 100% intensity all the time. The hard pressing, the aggression, it's not really in his game. He's still good enough to be a top striker at any Premier League side outside the top 6, and still good enough to win an England place, so probsbly a good move for him overall.

Best of luck to him if he does go. He didn't choose to be injured frequently. He gave us some great moments, his performances in 13/14 were immense. If we had won the league that season he would be remembered rightly as a huge part of it and a club legend.

So finding some of the disparaging comments in here about him a bit tasteless to be honest, he's still a Liverpool player and he was a joy to watch at his best.

A little reminder of his contributions in what was probably the most fun season I've witnessed as a Liverpool fan:

Sturridge is sitting on £150k a week wages that would be better served on a player that would actually be Beneficial to the squad who would actually play.

Sturridge hasn’t been beneficial to the team since Luis left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nobody could replace Coutinho in Jan that we could realistically get. Factoring in the form he's in the replacement would need to fit into the squad seamlessly and contribute immediately. They would also need to be eligible for the CL.

It would be better to agree to sell in the summer, sign a player that could fill in for Phil now, get him 6+ months with the squad and after a good preseason he would be in a much better position to replace Phil. Selling now and trying to get a replacement would make us weaker. We dont need to sell in Jan. If Barca play hardball and make a take it or leave it offer in Jan, then we can afford to leave it.

/\ sadly this is true, millions paid out for a handful of goals.

Some of his wage could in fact pay for Lemar - looks like I should have done a check before posting above

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/946899533094686721

What, Liverpool have to keep one striker.

To be fair none of the three play to a good enough standard right now anyway. We would be better off right now giving game time to Woodburn and Solanke (if we dont send him on loan).

Id like us to bring someone in to actually compete with Firmino because right now nobody is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd like to see Solanke go on loan tbh. He's done very well, I'm not slating him but he is a long way off being a CF that can score regularly. He's not ready to be the main backup for a side that wants to be seriously competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

A move for Sturridge makes sense, still time.for him to make a claim for a World Cup spot and we could do with getting his wages off the books. Perhaps to West Brom, if they cash in on Johnny Evans?

Can't see Barca paying a premium for Coutinho in January. He's cup-tied for Europe, and they have the league pretty much wrapped up. Unless they expect a transfer ban over tapping up Griezman...

NukaCola wrote: »
    Nobody could replace Coutinho in Jan that we could realistically get. Factoring in the form he's in the replacement would need to fit into the squad seamlessly and contribute immediately. They would also need to be eligible for the CL.

It would be better to agree to sell in the summer, sign a player that could fill in for Phil now, get him 6+ months with the squad and after a good preseason he would be in a much better position to replace Phil. Selling now and trying to get a replacement would make us weaker. We dont need to sell in Jan. If Barca play hardball and make a take it or leave it offer in Jan, then we can afford to leave it.

My worry would be that we may have agreed with Phil already about when he can go to Barca. I doubt its anything official and very likely not in January. But it doesnt stop the what ifs.

Maybe Klopp can work some of his magic persuasion skills and bring in Goretzka. He is eligible for CL? But likely to come in the summer instead.

Maybe if we drop Firmino into Phils role? He has the skill and is probably more effective from a defensive sense. He obviously isnt as good but few are. But maybe an option if we could bring in a top class striker??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id like to see ward, woodburn,wilson,ings and grujic go on loan. More than likely only 1 or 2 will in reality especially now henderson is out till february. Ward is proabably most in need to be playing first team ball,ings and grujic too.

A move for Sturridge makes sense, still time.for him to make a claim for a World Cup spot and we could do with getting his wages off the books. Perhaps to West Brom, if they cash in on Johnny Evans?

Can't see Barca paying a premium for Coutinho in January. He's cup-tied for Europe, and they have the league pretty much wrapped up. Unless they expect a transfer ban over tapping up Griezman...

Since when have Barca cared about making signings they cant use??

Remember when they had their transfer ban and Turan and Vidal signed during the summer and basically sat in the stands for 6 months??

Not to mention that Phil could still play La Liga..........

I think Sturridge is gone. I love the guy but his injuries ruined his chances here and he doesnt fit a Klopp side unfortunately.

My worry would be that we may have agreed with Phil already about when he can go to Barca. I doubt its anything official and very likely not in January. But it doesnt stop the what ifs.

Maybe Klopp can work some of his magic persuasion skills and bring in Goretzka. He is eligible for CL?But likely to come in the summer instead.

Maybe if we drop Firmino into Phils role? He has the skill and is probably more effective from a defensive sense. He obviously isnt as good but few are. But maybe an option if we could bring in a top class striker??

Yes!

No! Please no. Coutinho is best from the left flank, that position really kills Firmino's own game, he could play a No 10 role but that leads to be problem of signing a top quality CF who is happy to spend many game minutes sat on the bench as I do not see Klopp abandoning the current 3/4 "false" strikers set up. A player who I'd go for is Kevin Volland - who Firmino had a great partnership with at Hoffenheim - he is now at Leverkusen and is banging them in again after a quiet spell. He is a wide attacker/striker and would be perfect for the role but I doubt Liverpool have even thought about him :)

Yes!

No! Please no. Coutinho is best from the left flank, that position really kills Firmino's own game, he could play a No 10 role but that leads to be problem of signing a top quality CF who is happy to spend many game minutes sat on the bench as I do not see Klopp abandoning the current 3/4 "false" strikers set up. A player who I'd go for is Kevin Volland - who Firmino had a great partnership with at Hoffenheim - he is now at Leverkusen and is banging them in again after a quiet spell. He is a wide attacker/striker and would be perfect for the role but I doubt Liverpool have even thought about him :)

Do you think we would be looking at a wide player to replace Phil?? I keep thinking of Phil playing in that deep role being better for the team as it lets Mane and Salah rotate on the flanks with (currently) Firmino swapping with them to allow them to come inside. So Firmino plays a lot out wide already. If Firmino played Phils current role in midfield where he has a kind of free role, it would open a spot for another striker. I would prefer a pacey striker that is good in the air but thats easier said than done (ahem Lukakwho). Volland would be a great signing but yea I dont think he is on the radar

• Advertisement

Theo Walcott??

We’ve already seen Klopp can improve their dross, or as a better man than me put it knock the Arsenal out of them. :pac:

Theo Walcott??

We’ve already seen Klopp can improve their dross, or as a better man than me put it knock the Arsenal out of them. :pac:

He will be 29 in March..................... not exactly someone who has time to reach his potential

Well wide is relative, I don't see a 'chalk on the boots' player coming in (we see how Salah is not playing as a real winger any more after only a few months). Draxler and Lemar are only nominally left wide - like Coutinho they can both drop in behind the front line but we can only guess at what Klopp wants if he is working on the assumption of Coutinho leaving. Will he replace like with like (positionally) or tweak the front end?

He will be 29 in March..................... not exactly someone who has time to reach his potential

I really should’ve put the smiley after his name.

I really should’ve put the smiley after his name.

Haha sorry I was watching the pressers from yesterday so my sarcasm detector completely missed that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sell Coutinho to PSG in the summer, 150m and Draxler.

Pie in the sky stuff, but it would probably be the best we could hope for. A nice **** you too Barca, hefty wad of cash, and a replacement all in one swoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Maybe Coutinho has bought into the project? Now he can see that we are serious contenders maybe he'll hang around for another year?
    Am i the only one convinced he won't be sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Did Ming start Stephens day? Think karius and mane will be in the team today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

mightyreds wrote: »
    Did Ming start Stephens day? Think karius and mane will be in the team today

Mmm...

22Mignolet
    66Alexander-Arnold
    32Matip
    17Klavan
    26RobertsonSubstituted forMilnerat 75'minutes
    21Oxlade-Chamberlain
    23Can
    5Wijnaldum
    11SalahSubstituted forLallanaat 69'minutes
    9FirminoSubstituted forSolankeat 68'minutes
    10Coutinho

Maybe Coutinho has bought into the project? Now he can see that we are serious contenders maybe he'll hang around for another year?
    Am i the only one convinced he won't be sold?

I love your optimism I really do. But I think he has months left with us at the most. He will be gone before next season starts. Maybe sooner if Barca are worried about waiting for the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Mmm...

22Mignolet
    66Alexander-Arnold
    32Matip
    17Klavan
    26RobertsonSubstituted forMilnerat 75'minutes
    21Oxlade-Chamberlain
    23Can
    5Wijnaldum
    11SalahSubstituted forLallanaat 69'minutes
    9FirminoSubstituted forSolankeat 68'minutes
    10Coutinho

Got word that karius milner mane and Livermore are in today seems strange looking at the team that day though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Butland being linked again today with a summer move. Would throw studge in now to sweeten the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »

Eh no we’re not

gafferino wrote: »
    Eh no we’re not

We are

gafferino wrote: »
    Eh no we’re not

Are we not?

The Sky rep on boards said we were.

Pitchforks getting sharpened as we speak!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement