Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Weird that Milner would let Salah take that.

Annoyingly it means Liverpool will not win a game 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Gbear wrote: »
    We only score them when it doesn't matter.:o

That mattered, 2 up is never enough for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Good stuff, another Bobby'n'Salah scoring game. It's amazing how many games they both score in.

Now, Ings for someone pleeeeaase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,579 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would Henderson have called it?

Maybe that Swansea defeat was not so bad after all. Great result for them against Arsenal tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,988 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Milner knows he won't be starting every game, we need someone who's always on the pitch to have some confidence taking penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Henderson probably our MotM I'd say.

Not that anyone particularly shone.

Milner and Can too much of a mixed bag on the ball and all the front 3 have been well short of the sharpness you'd expect, with 1 or 2 flashes of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It wasn't even that significant a number really either in terms of goals. As far as i'm concerned, the pre-game designated taker should be the one to take it. Fair enough it's four or five nil and there's someone on a hat-trick or has ever scored, but that was still an important penalty just in terms of 100% killing off the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

5starpool wrote: »
    Given that we won't be strengthening up front this window, the sensible thing is to want as big a gap as possible back to Spurs, so Utd win would be best. The proper thing though is to want Spurs to win to finish as high as possible. Our game vs Spurs on Sunday though is massive, regardless of the result tomorrow night.

Holding on to the win tonight though would be nice as a start.

I guess you can sit back and enjoy the game now regardless and take a positive slant on any possible result. I reckon a draw would be best for ye all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

murpho999 wrote: »
    Maybe that Swansea defeat was not so bad after all. Great result for them against Arsenal tonight.

Arsenal have been awful of late. There's no way we can chalk that game up as "not so bad".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Good response and attitude tonight. The likes of Milner and Henderson give ya that... However it's tough watching them play together in midfield. So slow and laboured in possession:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

8 points now ahead of Arsenal, need to also win on Sunday now

Jayop wrote: »
    I guess you can sit back and enjoy the game now regardless and take a positive slant on any possible result. I reckon a draw would be best for ye all round.

Hope Spurs batters ya five nil and Mourinho cries in the press conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Gbear wrote: »
    Henderson probably our MotM I'd say.

Not that anyone particularly shone.
    Huddersfield have prob been our MOTM, barely tried to hurt us at all. Very meek performance in front of their home fans.

Liverpool's inability to cleanly snaffle up a lose ball in their area is infuriating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Jayop wrote: »

For some odd reason I dislike Spurs immensely, think I could stomach you guys winning. Better for our top 4 hopes in the long run too.

If Utd beat Spurs tomorrow and we beat them at the weekend then we'd be 8 points ahead of them. Or do we want a draw tomorrow night?

monkey9 wrote: »
    It wasn't even that significant a number really either in terms of goals. As far as i'm concerned, the pre-game designated taker should be the one to take it. Fair enough it's four or five nil and there's someone on a hat-trick or has ever scored, but that was still an important penalty just in terms of 100% killing off the game.

Maybe Salah wanted to take it after missing one in the reverse fixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'll be hoping for a United win tomorrow, that gives us a huge chance of putting serious daylight between us and Spurs/Arsenal. We can then spend the rest of the season trying to chase down Chelsea and United knowing we have a cushion behind us when we drop points resting players for those big CL semi's.

• Advertisement

What would McManaman know about players running down contracts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If Utd beat Spurs tomorrow and we beat them at the weekend then we'd be 8 points ahead of them. Or do we want a draw tomorrow night?

Ye have to want a win. If spurs lose there next 2 games top four teams are all but wrapped just decide the order.

Good win for ye tonight ye needed it showed great character :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Liverpool's inability to cleanly snaffle up a lose ball in their area is infuriating.

It's crazy , why is there so messing and bobbling in our box all the time i just cant figure it out, is it that everyone always looks flat footed in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Scoreline probably flattered the performance but there's been games this season that didn't go our way where you could say the same so swings and roundabouts. 
    20 goals for Firmino this season. That's quality stuff from a guy that's known for other contributions on the pitch.
    Defence were solid. Midfield were lackluster imo. Milner and Henderson shown no creativity. Still, 3-0 away from home is a great result so credit to them. Will be a confidence boost for sure.

Fromvert wrote: »
    I'll be hoping for a United win tomorrow, that gives us a huge chance of putting serious daylight between us and Spurs/Arsenal. We can then spend the rest of the season trying to chase down Chelsea and United knowing we have a cushion behind us when we drop points resting players for those big CL semi's.

Def hoping Utd win. And a win on Sun creates a huge gap.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

An 8 point gap over both North London teams with them playing each other in the following game would be lovely. As said though, no real bad result tomorrow night for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great and must needed win. Delighted with that.

Def hoping Utd win. And a win on Sun creates a huge gap.

Be lovely to have that sort of a gap back to Arsenal and Spurs before the CL kicks off again alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,014 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now rock on 11pm tomorrow night so we can put this window behind us.

Un
    United and Chelsea are a notch ahead of us in terms of quality. Think it'll be a battle for 4th between us and Spurs so hoping for a United win also. Arsenal are a notch below Spurs and Liverpool, especially after losing Sanchez. Don't think they're in with a realistic shout of top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Never have I been so happy to see Huddersfield turn up in the fixtures.
    Very poor so thankfully we didn't work too hard after a bad week. Spurs is huge Sunday regardless of how the game goes tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Spurs and Arsenal play next weekend so someone is losing points then as well

Just saw Swansea's second goal. LOL. Pathetic.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Never have I been so happy to see Huddersfield turn up in the fixtures.
    Very poor so thankfully we didn't work too hard after a bad week. Spurs is huge Sunday regardless of how the game goes tomorrow night.

Hopefully they turn up next week

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Another good thing tonight as well is that it was routine. No drama, no post mortems on set piece failure (even in a win), and not the most energy sapping game at all.

magma69 wrote: »
    Un

United and Chelsea are a notch ahead of us in terms of quality. Think it'll be a battle for 4th between us and Spurs so hoping for a United win also. Arsenal are a notch below Spurs and Liverpool, especially after losing Sanchez. Don't think they're in with a realistic shout of top 4.

Don't think there's anything between Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool this year. Any of them could finish 2nd still.

So then Utd to win tomorrow and that'll be 5 points gap over Spurs with Arsenal now 8 points adrift.

On the game, Mane just has to be moved to the right flank, his body shape is too often wrong, he needs to be able to jink inside the opposing left full back or left sided CB, with the ball on his right peg that isn't at all as smooth from the outside left position.

People say the Bundesliga is the closest to the Prem, which may be true but it's still played in a different way and I think it's still catching certain ex Bulli players out. YOU DONT HAVE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU THINK. Obviously Bobby F is made of Brazilian street football so he isn't phased by this. Karius and Matip are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Don't think there's anything between Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool this year. Any of them could finish 2nd still.

To be honest, I think we've fallen behind this window. Be happy to finish in the top 4 given how transfers have gone.

Sanchez is a big signing for Utd.
    Wish we’d snap up someone with a (hopefully) busy run in.
    Think we’re on par with Chelsea.
    Arsenal are going in a different direction to Liverpool, hard to seethe real quality they have.

magma69 wrote: »
    Scoreline probably flattered the performance but there's been games this season that didn't go our way where you could say the same so swings and roundabouts. 
    20 goals for Firmino this season. That's quality stuff from a guy that's known for other contributions on the pitch.
    Defence were solid. Midfield were lackluster imo. Milner and Henderson shown no creativity. Still, 3-0 away from home is a great result so credit to them. Will be a confidence boost for sure.

It's a super return from him. Quality player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

How amazing is it that our keeper made a save when we needed it.

Very professional performance all round. Thought Henderson was excellent throughout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Bench and reserves account for a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fun Bobby was like a machine, he just doesn't stop, such an important player to everything the team does....

redzerdrog wrote: »
    How amazing is it that our keeper made a save when we needed it.

Very professional performance all round. Thought Henderson was excellent throughout

The mid did a good enough job, but Huddersfield made it easy for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,014 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For a team and squad that was sh1t before the game we are doing ok being joint third in the league.

This top 5 is the way it'll finish in some order. Arsenal are surely gone.
    I can't see Spurs finishing any higher than 4th.

Probably a 10 days ago I would've said that I would've preferred Spurs because I believed then that we might be able to finish 2nd.

I no longer think our squad is good enough to do that so I'd have to hope Utd win.

Either way, if we can't close it out from a winning position, with Spurs still to come to Anfield, then we really don't deserve top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This time 2 years ago, how things have changed :

27066996_1774728085891861_2565958941130359144_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a7b67e5dc9b97cdb723806a5abc550e9&oe=5B194B79

5starpool wrote: »
    Another good thing tonight as well is that it was routine. No drama, no post mortems on set piece failure (even in a win), and not the most energy sapping game at all.

It turned into a lovely fixture in the end.

Huddersfield have prob been our MOTM, barely tried to hurt us at all. Very meek performance in front of their home fans.

Between the two games you'd almost think Wagner threw the both of them.
    He massively played into our hands in both games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

For a team and squad that was sh1t before the game we are doing ok being joint third in the league.

Such is the ups and downs involved in football where almost every statement or thought has to be either brilliant or rubbish. Very little middle ground.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    This time 2 years ago, how things have changed :

27066996_1774728085891861_2565958941130359144_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a7b67e5dc9b97cdb723806a5abc550e9&oe=5B194B79
    Testiment to the job that Klopp (and the club) have done in terms of signings in that time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement