Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Fieldog wrote: »
    This time 2 years ago, how things have changed :

27066996_1774728085891861_2565958941130359144_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a7b67e5dc9b97cdb723806a5abc550e9&oe=5B194B79

Was that our first team???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,013 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sturridge to score a hat-trick tomorrow against City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Sturridge to score a hat-trick tomorrow against City.

Sturridge to be pull his thigh muscle in the warm up and miss the rest of the season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Probably lots rested for Europa league, although I suspect that was the FA Cup replay we lost. We also had 2 league cup matches that month. That was the starting team, but not reflective of the first XI at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,212 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fieldog wrote: »
    This time 2 years ago, how things have changed :

27066996_1774728085891861_2565958941130359144_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a7b67e5dc9b97cdb723806a5abc550e9&oe=5B194B79

Was that a League Cup fixture or something? Cause our squad then was muuuch better than that. Most of our first teamers at the time are not in that squad.
    Mig, Clyne, and Lovren are the only players in that list of 18 that were regular starters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Prob had League Cup semis that time, so some may have been out.
    Still, stinking squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Vital win tonight.

Firmino is brillant. Henderson coming into form too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good win karius even made a save even though he did fumble it. I'll be hoping for a utd win or at worst a draw tomorrow. Us losing coutinho and utd getting sanchez is a game changer before that id have fancied our chances of 2nd. Some big games coming up in the next 4 gws . Spurs utd, spurs Liverpool, spurs arsenal, utd Chelsea, city chelsea, arsenal city. Things will be a lot clearer come the end of Feb. We currently have the best remaining fixtures with arsenal and city out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mane's was poor his 1st touch was awful tonight.

Hopefully get out his rut soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Edit.

• Advertisement

Clearly, I don't know how to respond to a post ffs.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    magma69 wrote: »
    Un

United and Chelsea are a notch ahead of us in terms of quality. Think it'll be a battle for 4th between us and Spurs so hoping for a United win also. Arsenal are a notch below Spurs and Liverpool, especially after losing Sanchez. Don't think they're in with a realistic shout of top 4.

Don't think there's anything between Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool this year. Any of them could finish 2nd still.
    Think United have probably cemented second with Sanchez on board. Chelsea have a better squad than us imo. That will stand to them in the business end of the season.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Mane's was poor his 1st touch was awful tonight.

Hopefully get out his rut soon.

Things aren't coming off for him, but he still contributed to lots of good moments.

He's working his ass off at least, and getting involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

So Swansea are bottom of the table, and then beat Liverpool and Arsenal at home to move out of the relegation spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,013 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Things aren't coming off for him, but he still contributed to lots of good moments.

He's working his ass off at least, and getting involved.

And a great assist for Fun Bobby's goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Is everyone happy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Is everyone happy??

I'm happy.
    As a pig in ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is everyone happy??

No. I like a bit of a meltdown in here. Keeps the balance in the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not really, Liverpool had 900 passes tonight which is a ludicrous number, Matip set a record for Liverpool in the PL era with about 160. Huddersfield were a bit of disgrace really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is everyone happy??

I missed all bar the last 30 mins, but we didn't look great for that. So no, I'm not happy. I'll be happy when we won the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Great responses ... i'd be very worried if people on here were happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I don't feel so bad about the Swansea result now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If we were playing a team that were remotely up for it, we'd be in trouble. Saying that, we didn't seem to run ourselves ragged with Spurs coming up on Sunday, so maybe that was all part of the plan*.

*-it wasn't.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I don't feel so bad about the Swansea result now

Well you should, it was entirely your fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We should as Swansea were not playing like a good quality team, Liverpool were just dogcrap.

Firmino is now 5th in the charts. 11 goals and 5 assists which is the same as Lukaku who is having a terrible season. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,542 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If I had to nitpick, I'd say I wonder where the opener was coming from before Can took a punt.

Thank god he did tho

We should as Swansea were not playing like a good quality team, Liverpool were just dogcrap.

Firmino is now 5th in the charts. 11 goals and 5 assists which is the same as Lukaku who is having a terrible season. :pac:

I wouldn't say that about Lukaku in fairness. Some people have no memories pre-mid November.

He's also awkward looking and easy to criticise.

An away 3 pts & a clean sheet.
    Twill keep James Pearce and Co quiet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

So the penalty.
    Salah took it and scored so we are all happy but it really looked like Milner was supposed to be on pens after the way Salah apologised after scoring.
    Not a great fan of that. You don't go against team orders.

• Advertisement

• So Liverpool secretly want Utd to win tomorrow night? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I would've liked to see Ings come on for Salah rather than Ox and maybe Solanke get a few more minutes, other than that It was a well needed three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://imgtc.com/w/OTzEF0f

And our defence is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

noodler wrote: »
    If I had to nitpick, I'd say I wonder where the opener was coming from before Can took a punt.

Thank god he did tho

I do agree with this to a point, we did nothing up until Can's shot where we were just passing the ball sideways across our defense at the halfway line.

But we did score and to be honest, Huddersfield did nothing to suggest they'd do otherwise but to concede a Firminho goal anyway.

We have gained three points and we've done it easily. There's no insight to be gleamed from this game. The league table looks a bit better and there's one less game for other teams to catch us. We beat them 3-0 and they put up no resistance. Good stuff.

Now plan for Sunday. They have to play Man U tomorrow and we can put them to bed on Sunday.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So Liverpool secretly want Utd to win tomorrow night? :P

Not for me:D

Draw would be my preferred result and If that cant be achieved, then I hope spurs give ye a good Rogering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Screw that I want Spurs to win tomorrow night. i have my eyes on 2nd spot and United need to drop points. We can beat Spurs at the weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Preferred option, Spurs win for me, without any shadow of a doubt, then a draw.

• Charlie19 wrote: »
    Not for me:D

Draw would be my preferred result and If that cant be achieved, then I hope spurs give ye a good Rogering.

I'd be the same if it was the other way around :)

But in all seriousness getting Spurs to lose puts further distance with the current top 4 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its tough playing against a team that parks the bus its not going to be chance after chance. The first goal is vital then the game opens up a bit. Most times this season we find a way to score as most games we face this set up. The odd time we don't and then you face a load of experts come out with the klopp has to come up with a way to beat a defensive set up. They quickly forget all the previous times he did just that. We have lost 3 league games only one against a defensive team. Its usually a strategy that fails against us.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd be the same if it was the other way around :)

But in all seriousness getting Spurs lose puts further distance with the current top 4 teams.

I get that but I'm hopeful Liverpool can put together another run and maybe Spurs having another blip, like they did earlier in the season.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    https://imgtc.com/w/OTzEF0f

And our defence is bad.

Ooooo, that was embaressing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Testiment to the job that Klopp (and the club) have done in terms of signings in that time.

Very easy to improve on that mind you.
    It is a real pity none of those young players have really progressed. Ibe the only one and that is elsewhere

Delighted with that result tonight, puts us back on track.
    Huge week for Spurs now, they are under pressure but two wins puts them in a race for second

rgace wrote: »
    Very easy to improve on that mind you.
    It is a real pity none of those young players have really progressed. Ibe the only one and that is elsewhere

And progressed is a strong word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

pjohnson wrote: »
    Doubt he can be classed as #2 anymore. Even when Heaton is fit again I can't see Pope actually being dropped by Dyche. Heaton probably go to the bench with Lindegaard released after his deal expires.

I have just spent two hours sat with a Burnley fan (Sivam BTW in case you are looking for him, Burnley, born bread and buttered he maintains) who was at pains to tell me that Heaton is a far superior keeper to Pope, ally that with Dyche's interview where he said that once Heaton is fit he is back in and I would make him first choice.

Don't let that skew your agenda mind ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,591 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Goalie McDifference looking ok now with United and Chelsea. We can get some big victories and over take them soon.

https://twitter.com/MattCritchley1/status/958462590765731841

For ****s sake Jurgen, I was looking forward to a night off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Yea saw that interview on Bein Sports and I just wish he said NO, it's the hope that kills you, we won't sign anyone tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why are we being infiltrated by Man U fans pretending to be sound? It's weird. Is there not a General Premier League thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why are we being infiltrated by Man U fans pretending to be sound? It's weird. Is there not a General Premier League thread?

Well judging by their superthread over the last month or two, they post so much about us they might as well just do it in here altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Yea saw that interview on Bein Sports and I just wish he said NO, it's the hope that kills you, we won't sign anyone tomorrow.
    Markovic might leave yet :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement