Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well judging by their superthread over the last month or two, they post so much about us they might as well just do it in here altogether.

I am genuinely asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

monkey9 wrote: »
    I am genuinely asking.

Why can't we all just pretend to get along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Why can't we all just pretend to get along?

Ill have no problem getting along when United get relegated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Good to get back to winning ways and the arsenal result was a bonus,I see city are now putting in a bid for maherez,we should be all over that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Good to get back to winning ways and the arsenal result was a bonus,I see city are now putting in a bid for maherez,we should be all over that

Maherez is at a good age and with his PL experience would be a perfect addition to Liverpool but If City are in for him, We'll never match them unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Klopp's "maybe" is probably in relation to outgoings, we won't sign anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I have just spent two hours sat with a Burnley fan (Sivam BTW in case you are looking for him, Burnley, born bread and buttered he maintains) who was at pains to tell me that Heaton is a far superior keeper to Pope, ally that with Dyche's interview where he said that once Heaton is fit he is back in and I would make him first choice.

Don't let that skew your agenda mind ;)

Strange considering Dyche is extremely averse to making any changes to any of his XI. To suddenly drop Pope would be extremely out of character for anything Dyche has done. Bardsley has held of Lowton despite Lowton returning to fitness. Defour and Taylor couldnt get a game until Marney & Ward were injured.

But apparently I have an agenda. Interesting.

So how does everyone feel about the players that were boss but were shíte for a couple of games and should be sold or never play for the club again ?

Are they all brilliant again ?

Nice win. 3 points behind the title challengers so things aren't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Maherez is at a good age and with his PL experience would be a perfect addition to Liverpool but If City are in for him, We'll never match them unfortunately.

City were in for VvD by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Good.

I was hoping we'd bring in more cash.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Leicester won't even consider selling Mahrez for 60m then I don't want us to be after him. Spending 80m or whatever on him would be far too excessive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Moreno?? :)

It's the hope that kills you. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So how does everyone feel about the players that were boss but were shíte for a couple of games and should be sold or never play for the club again ?

Mostly. Jury's still on out on Matip and the goalkeepers. That said, I'd rather consistently good than occasionally brilliant.

That said, they were only off for the Swansea game, and I didn't see the West Brom one, but attack-wise it spunded ok. You'd imagine 2-3 goals scored world be enough to win most games if the defense didn't go walkabout.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mostly. Jury's still on out on Matip and the goalkeepers. That said, I'd rather consistently good than occasionally brilliant.

That said, they were only off for the Swansea game, and I didn't see the West Brom one, but attack-wise it spunded ok. You'd imagine 2-3 goals scored world be enough to win most games if the defense didn't go walkabout.

Matip sat a a new PL record for the most passes by a single player in a game last night at 161. He had some excellent balls between the lines. I thought his passing was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

emmetkenny wrote: »

Matip sat a a new PL record for the most passes by a single player in a game last night at 161. He had some excellent balls between the lines. I thought his passing was excellent.
    I'm more concerned with his defending than his passing!

Insert Kenneth Williams image regarding that second last sentence....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Any word on Clyne yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd be the same if it was the other way around :)

But in all seriousness getting Spurs to lose puts further distance with the current top 4 teams.

utd to win please...i'd rather be chasing 2nd and 3rd than trying to chase 4th....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

pjohnson wrote: »
    Strange considering Dyche is extremely averse to making any changes to any of his XI. To suddenly drop Pope would be extremely out of character for anything Dyche has done. Bardsley has held of Lowton despite Lowton returning to fitness. Defour and Taylor couldnt get a game until Marney & Ward were injured.

But apparently I have an agenda. Interesting.
    As a Burnley fan of sorts I'd be shocked if heaton doesn't go straight back in . He is the captain and a much better keeper than Pope. You are correct in that dyche is more loyal than most in regards to keeping players in the team. That however tends to be when its a marginal call e.g bardsley lowton. Defour did get gametime last year but he wasn't fit enough to play in a dyche team and that's why he wasnt a regular. Much the same happened with Brady he needed time to readjust to what was demanded and was only finding his form this year. Long got a few games this year but was dumped straightaway when tarkowski returned from suspension. To bring this back to Liverpool heaton is a keeper that would be an upgrade on mignolet. Heaton, ings and trippier are 3 players I said we should have had an interest in a few years back when Burnley got relegated. Ings if he hàd of stayed fit would have been a great option off the bench hopefully he can get back to the level he was at before he signed.

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Any word on Clyne yet?

Last seen on a US reality TV show, something to do with rapping in Miami. I'm sure it's easily googleable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That Arsenal result really helped. Beat Spurs on Sunday and we'll all be feeling a lot better about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

w7ome7otdbd01.jpg

Stolen from Reddit

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That image needs an edit to say 'no look pass into the net available'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Knex. wrote: »
    That Arsenal result really helped. Beat Spurs on Sunday and we'll all be feeling a lot better about things.
    Utd win tonight, and we win Sun, it'll be 8pts gap to both London clubs. Massive if it turns out that way. And still in a shot of over taking Utd/Chelsea.

Really happy with the result last night, esp as we didn't play outstanding. Huddersfield were awful. They let us have so much of the ball and we didn't make many mistakes in possession to give them a sniff.

Still need to get Mane back in form. Bench looks that bit weaker with Coutinho gone and no replacement signed. Good mid options with Ox/Wijnaldum on the bench and Lallana in the stands (another knock?), but in terms of needing a goal we don't have someone.

Can was in the right position for him last night. Took his goal well. In the box for the pen. Two nice passes to create chances for Mane. Henderson needs to stay fit to keep Can further ahead of the ball, and not be taking it from the CDFs/FBs in a deeper role. Still reckon he's gone unless we pay him a ton of money, and he's too inconsistent to break the bank for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Did Karius make any saves last night? Missed all bar the last 20 minutes or so, where the defending was nervy at best.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The most important thing tonight is a Chelsea and Utd loss :)

They are the 2 teams that we can potentially overtake. If we keep winning it doesn't matter what happens behind us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Did Karius make any saves last night? Missed all bar the last 20 minutes or so, where the defending was nervy at best.

made one decent save from their only shot. I thought he played a bit more the sweeper keeper role we were expecting from him too.

bluefinger wrote: »
    made one decent save from their only shot. I thought he played a bit more the sweeper keeper role we were expecting from him too.

he also caught a few high balls coming in.
    I thought that the defence had a bit more trust in Karius last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

He had two standard-ish saves, no concerns, and nearly got an assist with a first-time volley clearance which Salah could have got through on goal with...

He looks more comfy with each game. But needs to be more vocal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

bluefinger wrote: »

Just looked at his stats as per the FPL site, and Karius has made 4 saves this season from shots on target, but has also conceded 5 goals. I know its a small sample size, but the guy could do with some target practice in real games to build his confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Boom_Bap wrote:
    he also caught a few high balls coming in. I thought that the defence had a bit more trust in Karius last night

Tbf it helps when Huddersfield just barely attacked. Even this morning I don't know what they were trying to do. They only managed one corner & one shot on target so it was hard to catch us on a set piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I love transfer deadline day, you get the most batsh1t stories:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/912284/Liverpool-transfer-news-James-Rodriguez-Philippe-Coutinho-Jurgen-Klopp-Bayern-Real-Madrid
    JAMES RODRIGUEZ is eyeing a move to the Premier League with Liverpool his preferred destination - according to shock claims in Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Far from it,midfield,defence and keeper still not good enough,no one was "boss" last night,we beat a poor Huddersfield side

Just looked at his stats as per the FPL site, and Karius has made 4 saves this season from shots on target, but has also conceded 5 goals. I know its a small sample size, but the guy could do with some target practice in real games to build his confidence.

He made two saves last night and conceded none, so before last night he'd two saves and five conceded. He needs a proper run in the team before he's turfed out, he was highly rated in Germany but he hasn't had a decent run of consecutive games here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A quick read of the thread post game would answer that snarky question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/simonbrundish/status/958458574841270272

161 passes from Matip. That's a bit mad.

Knex. wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/simonbrundish/status/958458574841270272

161 passes from Matip. That's a bit mad.

That sounds a bit bonkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    That sounds a bit bonkers.

I've wondered for a while if Matip might be better for us at the base of midfield, rather than at CB. He has played there in the past, afaik. His best moments while I've been watching have been intercepting and driving forward with the ball at his feet, rather than the old fashioned tackling and marking side of a centre half"s role. And he can pass! Not that we seem to play anyone in that role these days, but if we did...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not to be that guy but seeing a lot of utd to beat spurs and we beat spurs Sunday to widen the gap to them posts around, think there was a lot of them kind of posts pre Swansea. Tempting fate with Liverpool is rarely a good idea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I have said it before that I would like to see Matip as the Holding /Defensive midfielder a role he has played before and with our fullbacks playing so high he could drop back into a back three if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think Manu will lose either way. Spurs will be up for it, under the lights at Wembley, Karry Hane will want to show his best to the TV viewers around the world.
    It's a game where you don't need to worry about motivation. Any result is good for Liverpool anyway, lose , win, draw, all good, all have positives. Still aiming for second, still aiming for Champions League spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I want Spurs and United to Draw, Us to beat Spurs and Arsenal to draw with Spurs the following week, That would be perfect ,

klose wrote: »
    Not to be that guy but seeing a lot of utd to beat spurs and we beat spurs Sunday to widen the gap to them posts around, think there was a lot of them kind of posts pre Swansea. Tempting fate with Liverpool is rarely a good idea :D

Worst case scenario on Sunday evening we are a point behind spurs and 6 behind Chelsea and Utd. Best case scenario we are 8 ahead of Spurs, and level with utd and ahead of Chelsea. Big swings possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

19 for Booby for the season that is a  great return so far and even better as he still has plenty of room for improvement,
    26 for Mo is unreal can he get 40 ? probably not but should be his target , depends how many more games we play in the champions league I suppose ,

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    I've wondered for a while if Matip might be better for us at the base of midfield, rather than at CB. He has played there in the past, afaik. His best moments while I've been watching have been intercepting and driving forward with the ball at his feet, rather than the old fashioned tackling and marking side of a centre half"s role. And he can pass! Not that we seem to play anyone in that role these days, but if we did...

Like a Patrick Vieira type? Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

corwill wrote: »

I reckon he would be short of pace for DM. Having said that Busquets isnt too fast either.

gafferino wrote: »
    I reckon he would be short of pace for DM. Having said that Busquets isnt too fast either.

Being in the right place (Hamann) is more important than being everywhere (Mascherano), but Klopp's style would more suit a busy CM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gafferino wrote: »

Other than Kante how many DM's really have pace and he is more a box to box midfielder who just covers more ground than anyone else.

Most DM's have the footballing brain moreso than pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tbf it helps when Huddersfield just barely attacked. Even this morning I don't know what they were trying to do. They only managed one corner & one shot on target so it was hard to catch us on a set piece.

It looked like it was working til Can volleyed home tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement