Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Other than Kante how many DM's really have pace and he is more a box to box midfielder who just covers more ground than anyone else.

Most DM's have the footballing brain moreso than pace.

Yeah I agree, The very best DM’s like Busquets, Pirlo, Carrick(ye probably won’t agree there) and the like all use their superior positioning skills and footballing brain to play the role.. it’s all about the interceptions in that role.. Kante is more of an all action harasser with endless energy levels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Bit sh!t, it's deadline day, we're way short on numbers, instead of being in here chatting about potential signings, we're chatting about moving Matip to DM a position Klopp doesn't seem to value at all, sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bit sh!t, it's deadline day, we're way short on numbers, instead of being in here chatting about potential signings, we're chatting about moving Matip to DM a position Klopp doesn't seem to value at all, sigh.

True but the win last night has helped ease my dissapointment in another dreadful january transfer window under FSG.

Massive gamble taking by Klopp and the club. If it goes tits up il be the leading the mob with my pitchfork and torch in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So what people think Sunday starting 11 will be,
    I think he will make the following changes Lovern, Milner , Mane for VVD ,GINI and OX
    I just have a feeling Mane will be benched

ricero wrote: »

True but the win last night has helped ease my dissapointment in another dreadful january transfer window under FSG.

Massive gamble taking by Klopp and the club. If it goes tits up il be the leading the mob with my pitchfork and torch in hand
    Im the same its such a fickle world , we make top four i'm delighted and we where right not to buy players we didn't want,
    We come 5th and how dare they not spend the idiots ,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So Arsenal keep Ozil (in a STUPID wage), and now have both Lacazette and Aubameyang up front. If they can get one more creative player in midfield, they will be very threatening. But still very average in defense, and I can't see them making up the gap to top 4 - Auba in only balances out the loss of Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dickerty wrote: »
    So Arsenal keep Ozil (in a STUPID wage), and now have both Lacazette and Aubameyang up front. If they can get one more creative player in midfield, they will be very threatening. But still very average in defense, and I can't see them making up the gap to top 4 - Auba in only balances out the loss of Sanchez.

Them dropping 3 pts last night was a bonus as it leaves a nice gap and for them to catch up they need to beat spurs which would also be a good thing. Cech is a liability now for them though he is almost as bad as what we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mkhitaryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

So what people think Sunday starting 11 will be,
    I think he will make the following changes Lovern, Milner , Mane for VVD ,GINI and OX
    I just have a feeling Mane will be benched
    I can see VVD come in, but that's it (maybe Milner drops out as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

19 for Booby for the season that is a  great return so far and even better as he still has plenty of room for improvement,
    26 for Mo is unreal can he get 40 ? probably not but should be his target , depends how many more games we play in the champions league I suppose ,

If he gets 40 in all comps we'll struggle to hold onto him .

• Advertisement

With the new benchmark set by Neymar/Coutinho... transfers, they'd have to pony up close to the 190m mark.

If he gets 39 will we be ok?

Whats the magic number that we won't struggle at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Any word on Clyne yet?

Whats the fucķin story with him? Coleman has broken his leg and returned to full fitness and we still havent heard a damn thing. He must be in rehab or something funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If he gets 39 will we be ok?

Whats the magic number that we won't struggle at?

25 unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why did Klopp say maybe, WHY!!??!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The most important thing tonight is a Chelsea and Utd loss :)

They are the 2 teams that we can potentially overtake. If we keep winning it doesn't matter what happens behind us

Add to that a Leceister and Burnley win and theres a 5 point gap between them and Arsenal for 6th spot.

Arsenal will be looking over their shoulder as well as the 8 point gap above them! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

corwill wrote: »
    I've wondered for a while if Matip might be better for us at the base of midfield, rather than at CB. He has played there in the past, afaik. His best moments while I've been watching have been intercepting and driving forward with the ball at his feet, rather than the old fashioned tackling and marking side of a centre half"s role. And he can pass! Not that we seem to play anyone in that role these days, but if we did...

I wouldn't have him in the starting 11 at all tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Whats the fucķin story with him? Coleman has broken his leg and returned to full fitness and we still havent heard a damn thing. He must be in rehab or something funny.

Here he is

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/958297587790045184

finno wrote: »

What the **** is this?

• Advertisement

International soccer super star? Clyneeeee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    Why did Klopp say maybe, WHY!!??!?

Because Markovic might still leave.

Mkhitaryan

Hah! Completely forgot about that move! I wonder does he wish he joined us 5 years ago when he had the chance...although I am sure his agent is delighted with 3 big moves in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

emmetkenny wrote:

If he doesn't maybe he could get a part time job a few evenings a week as there is no chance he gets a look in again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That video. Oh dear.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

He was saying it in response to being asked whether Marko or Ings might leave, and he said maybe but that Ings absolutely wouldn't go. So 2+2...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

He was saying it in response to being asked whether Marko or Ings might leave, and he said maybe but that Ings absolutely wouldn't go. So 2+2...

The way the squad is going I'm surprised Ings isn't being sold and Solanke being loaned out.

City have a nightmare run in the horizon .
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Everton
    United
    Spurs
    We'd need to win 11 games in a row, and maybe just maybe we are within 5pts with two games to go, if they lose 4 of those games.

Lloyd Jones joins Luton Town on a permanent deal.

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Everton
    United
    Spurs
    We'd need to win 11 games in a row, and maybe just maybe we are within 5pts with two games to go, if they lose 4 of those games.

We're not catching them, so hope they win all those game for our benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Everton
    United
    Spurs

:D

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Everton
    United
    Spurs

What we really need is City to win all of them.

What we really need is City to win all of them.

Makes our top 4 chance great with City playing all of our rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Better hurry up, German transfer market closes at 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Everton
    United
    Spurs

I like this post. Extreme optimism but feck it if City can balls up enough for ye to get back within 5 then we should be in with a sniff of them too!!

All aboard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hah! Completely forgot about that move! I wonder does he wish he joined us 5 years ago when he had the chance...although I am sure his agent is delighted with 3 big moves in that time.

Doubt it he won a trophy with Dortmund and another two with United and earned a nice wage along the way.

Jayop wrote: »
    I like this post. Extreme optimism but feck it if City can balls up enough for ye to get back within 5 then we should be in with a sniff of them too!!

All aboard!!

Choo Choo :)

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Everton
    United
    Spurs
    What if they win 1 and draw 3 and lose 2 :)

What if they win 1 and draw 3 and lose 2 :)

Edit: scrap that ha I thought he ment city losing lol totally wrong direction..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't do it to yourselves. Or rather if you insist on doing it please do it in private and draw the curtains.

As for tonight Man Utd all the way, a Spurs loss plus no worse than a draw for Liverpool on the weekend and I'd reckon the current top 4 (well 3 + 1 ) is a done deal. I'm happy to let Utd win the Second to Manchester City Trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Don't do it to yourselves. Or rather if you insist on doing it please do it in private and draw the curtains.

As for tonight Man Utd all the way, a Spurs loss plus no worse than a draw for Liverpool on the weekend and I'd reckon the current top 4 (well 3 + 1 ) is a done deal. I'm happy to let Utd win the Second to Manchester City Trophy.

especially since there is no difference in finishing 2nd and 4th apart from a couple of million pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

No, we finished ahead of them last season, lets do it again.

Spurs beat Man U tonight, we beat Spurs, Spurs Arsenal draw.

We beat Southampton, Newcastle shock Man Utd.

We are joint 2nd, 7 points clear of 5th :D

especially since there is no difference in finishing 2nd and 4th apart from a couple of million pounds

QFT, the current CL qualification rules make this all a bit less stressful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DUycPXmW0AAZVGg.jpg:large

simpler times in many ways.

Turkish midfielder Demirbay from Hoffenheim is starting to be linked to BVB and Liverpool this afternoon.

Why? Klopp is a sellin' and a loanin' not a buyin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Man Utd
    Jan 31st V Spurs (a)
    Feb 24th V Chelsea
    Mar 10th V Liverpool
    Apr 7th V Man City (a)
    Apr 28th V Arsenal

Chelsea
    Feb 24th V Man Utd (a)
    Mar 4th V Man City (a)
    Apr 1st V Spurs
    May 5th V Liverpool

Liverpool
    Feb 4th V Spurs
    Mar 10th V Man Utd (a)
    May 5th V Chelsea (a)

Spurs
    Jan 31st V Man Utd
    Feb 4th V Liverpool (a)
    Feb 10th V Arsenal
    Apr 1st V Chelsea (a)
    Apr 14th V Man City

Arsenal
    Feb 10th V Spurs (a)
    1st Mar V Man City
    28th Apr V Man Utd (a)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Man Utd
    Jan 31st V Spurs (a)
    Feb 24th V Chelsea
    Mar 10th V Liverpool
    Apr 7th V Man City (a)
    Apr 28th V Arsenal

Chelsea
    Feb 24th V Man Utd (a)
    Mar 4th V Man City (a)
    Apr 1st V Spurs
    May 5th V Liverpool

Liverpool
    Feb 4th V Spurs
    Mar 10th V Man Utd (a)
    May 5th V Chelsea (a)

Spurs
    Jan 31st V Man Utd
    Feb 4th V Liverpool (a)
    Feb 10th V Arsenal

Apr 1st V Chelsea (a)
    Apr 14th V Man City

Arsenal
    Feb 10th V Spurs (a)
    1st Mar V Man City
    28th Apr V Man Utd (a)

This is both an absolutely horrendous run and, potentially, a boost for Spurs. They have finished strongly the last few seasons anyway. If they have a torrid run in the next three games, they can play without pressure for a bit (potentially being 5/8/11 points outside the top 4) and then get some momentum together for March, April, May.

They'd have 11 league games to play and would be favourites in most of them. By the time they play City, the league could be won (and Spurs have a good record against City anyway) and even the strong "rest of the league" sides, like Leicester, don't turn up until the end of the season when there might be nothing to play for.

I mean, hopefully it won't matter a bit to us, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Spurs end the season in a good run of form, potentially better than most other sides at the top end of the league - in particular if Juvé dump them out of the CL and they don't have any midweek ties to worry about.

I've been keeping half an eye on Porto, their games tend to be featured on FreeSports and last night they were terrible again, couldn't find a goal against very lowly Moreirense and scrapped past promoted side Tondela yet they are top of the table unless Sporting win tonight. They seem a very workmanlike side these days, a long way from the days of AVB's era. Danilo is out for one, and maybe both games.

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Jan 31st V Spurs (a)
    Feb 24th V Chelsea
    Mar 10th V Liverpool
    Apr 7th V Man City (a)
    Apr 28th V Arsenal

Chelsea
    Feb 24th V Man Utd (a)
    Mar 4th V Man City (a)
    Apr 1st V Spurs
    May 5th V Liverpool

Liverpool
    Feb 4th V Spurs
    Mar 10th V Man Utd (a)
    May 5th V Chelsea (a)

Spurs
    Jan 31st V Man Utd
    Feb 4th V Liverpool (a)
    Feb 10th V Arsenal

Apr 1st V Chelsea (a)
    Apr 14th V Man City

Arsenal
    Feb 10th V Spurs (a)
    1st Mar V Man City
    28th Apr V Man Utd (a)

This is both an absolutely horrendous run and, potentially, a boost for Spurs. They have finished strongly the last few seasons anyway. If they have a torrid run in the next three games, they can play without pressure for a bit (potentially being 5/8/11 points outside the top 4) and then get some momentum together for March, April, May.

They'd have 11 league games to play and would be favourites in most of them. By the time they play City, the league could be won (and Spurs have a good record against City anyway) and even the strong "rest of the league" sides, like Leicester, don't turn up until the end of the season when there might be nothing to play for.

I mean, hopefully it won't matter a bit to us, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Spurs end the season in a good run of form, potentially better than most other sides at the top end of the league - in particular if Juvé dump them out of the CL and they don't have any midweek ties to worry about.
    You can make an even better argument, We could be 5/8/11points ahead of them and only have 2 games left we would not be favourites in , Plus Chelsea last day they may be already top four secured and playing for nothing, , See it works both ways,
    Win Sunday and on paper we have the easiest games left of the top 6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement