Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

dang.... that spurs result is poor for us... some swing in the table tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    They left in 3 goals :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Giroud could be huge for Chelsea if he delivers the goals.

You could say that about any player at any club.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mada999 wrote: »
    dang.... that spurs result is poor for us... some swing in the table tonight!!

Don't think it is. We have a chance, somehow, to finish second. And Utd lost.
    That's a win win really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

brevity wrote: »
    Suggest some mediocre players that would improve their team.

mark noble would sort out their midfield for a start.

Great round of fixtures from a Liverpool perspective. Would have preferred a United win but feck it, United losing is never a bad thing either. United, Chelsea and Arsenal losing and Liverpool winning. Not bad at all. :)

magma69 wrote: »

I'm alluding to a deadline day signing but of course karius could be huge for us if he scores lots of goals.

giphy.gif

That's probably not far off reality for you :)
    Few "lads" alongside & it be bang on I reckon :D

I'm alluding to a deadline day signing but of course karius could be huge for us if he scores lots of goals.
    Massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Spurs will be full of confidence Sunday - Be happy enough to draw really -- but it's set up for a cracking game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Vicxas wrote: »
    Of course Spurs hit some serious form right before they play us.

Thank god we're at home

Spurs played well but Utd opened the door for them by playing Pogba in a midfield two leaving a sluggish Matic (who had played virtually every game this session) to try and project their defense.

We'll be playing three in midfield and they'll be a lot more energetic and dynamic than Matic and Pogba.

Bring them on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Some of the Utd fans had 'goosebumps' pre match about the line up they were playing.

After the match they can't believe such an attacking side was picked.

Funny old game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hopefully spurs press high Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All the BT experts have Liverpool dropping out of top 4. What a joke, Rio, Frank Lamp, and Wheeler Dealer Harry all think we have no hope.
    Weird

All the BT experts have Liverpool dropping out of top 4. What a joke, Rio, Frank Lamp, and Wheeler Dealer Harry all think we have no hope.
    Weird

They all don't want Liverpool in the top 4 either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

All the BT experts have Liverpool dropping out of top 4. What a joke, Rio, Frank Lamp, and Wheeler Dealer Harry all think we have no hope. Weird

You mean to say former Man Utd, Chelsea & Spurs employees see them making the top 4?
    Who cares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Some of the Utd fans had 'goosebumps' pre match about the line up they were playing.

After the match they can't believe such an attacking side was picked.

Funny old game!

Ya, I recommend peeping over the wall from when the teams were announced up until 8:00:10.48 Greenwich mean time.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Busy deadline day for Liverpool!

Melissa Reddy

Verified account

@MelissaReddy_
    20s21 seconds ago
    More
    #LFC loan moves confirmed tonight:
    Jon Flanagan to Bolton
    Lazar Markovic to Anderlecht
    Harry Wilson to Hull City
    Ovie Ejaria to Sunderland

Lloyd Jones joined Luton Town on a two-and-a-half-year deal

Lots of outs for Loanpool

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Busy deadline day for Liverpool!

Melissa Reddy

Verified account

@MelissaReddy_
    20s21 seconds ago
    More
    #LFC loan moves confirmed tonight:
    Jon Flanagan to Bolton
    Lazar Markovic to Anderlecht
    Harry Wilson to Hull City
    Ovie Ejaria to Sunderland

Lloyd Jones joined Luton Town on a two-and-a-half-year deal
    Glad to see the deadwood elsewhere. Markovic was such a shockingly bad signing. The price we paid for him at the time was very big too. Up there amongst the worst transfers the club has made. 
    Be nice to see an attacking player brought in but expecting only outgoing moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Still can't believe Sturridge actively choose West Brom to go to. Bottom of the legue and managed by Alan Pardew. The fuck, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Still can't believe Sturridge actively choose West Brom to go to. Bottom of the legue and managed by Alan Pardew. The fuck, like?

They're both partial to a naff dance. Adds up to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That's probably not far off reality for you :)
    Few "lads" alongside & it be bang on I reckon :D

What are you bladdering on about?
    Have you had a knock to the head or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It's only on loan,it's not permanent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm watching match of the day here and I see sturridge through on goals for West Brom. Where have i been for the week.

• Advertisement

Had a chance tonight.

But was like a snail going through on goal before Walker made up 10 yards on him. Painful to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

26 hours ago in here we were sh1t it was the end of the world the squad is sh1t the first team isn't good enough everyone out Klopp and FSG out pitchforks and burning stick were being called for.

Fast forward 26 hours and we are 3rd in the league.

More deflection.

More spoofing.

More ****e.

shamrock55 wrote: »

I know, it still makes no sense to me.

The team is awful, bottom of the league, creates few chances, usually penned back for the whole game, and their only positive spark of late is the return of Jay Rodriguez - direct competition to Sturridge's game time.

There were tonnes of clubs that would have been a much better fit, particularly Newcastle, if he really wanted to stay in England. They actually play okay football at times - better than their players should be really, thanks to Rafa - but desperately need someone in the box to finish. Perfect for him.

Just no aspect of his decision makes sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Negative_G wrote: »
    More deflection.

More spoofing.

More ****e.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great set of fixtures for us, Spurs our only rival getting any points and we're still 2 points ahead of them and they come to Anfield next Sunday. If we win that game then we'll be 5 points safe inside the top 4 regardless of all the other results in that round of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Conte will be pulling his hair out, which is a shame as it cost a fortune .

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »

I know, it still makes no sense to me.

The team is awful, bottom of the league, creates few chances, usually penned back for the whole game, and their only positive spark of late is the return of Jay Rodriguez - direct competition to Sturridge's game time.

There were tonnes of clubs that would have been a much better fit, particularly Newcastle, if he really wanted to stay in England. They actually play okay football at times - better than their players should be really, thanks to Rafa - but desperately need someone in the box to finish. Perfect for him.

Just no aspect of his decision makes sense to me.
    Were other teams in for him? Perhaps it was West Brom or stay at Liverpool. If that was the case, perfectly understandable choice to join them.

Were other teams in for him? Perhaps it was West Brom or stay at Liverpool. If that was the case, perfectly understandable choice to join them.

He turned down Newcastle anyway, and there was word of other teams he picked West Brom ahead of too. West Ham was another anyway.

Rafa and Newcastle would have been perfect for him I think. They moved on and got Slimani after Sturridge turned them down, which I think is still a good move from Rafa, but Sturridge would have been perfect for their style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Krisztián Adorján just came on in a friendly for Dundalk in Spain.

Was part of a group of players Liverpool took from Hungary ( MTK Budapest) a few years back

He scored plenty for that side too iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I hate that nickname Fun Bobby. Please pour some pîss on the person who thought it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The bedrock of my FF team is De, Gea, Jones, Azpiliceuta & Alonso of Chelsea and Bellerin from Arsenal. Got absolutely slaughtered this gameweek. Delightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Sturridge seems to be a confidence player so I suspect he wanted to play under an English manager in the run up to the World Cup. Pardew will indulge him, we know Rafa very much wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Woke up this morning in the vain hope that we made an 11th hour swoop for someone, but then of course reality kicked in.

Spare a thought for Mahrez though, he has a long 5 months ahead of him with players and fans that dont like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Vicxas wrote: »
    Woke up this morning in the vain hope that we made an 11th hour swoop for someone, but then of course reality kicked in.

Spare a thought for Mahrez though, he has a long 5 months ahead of him with players and fans that dont like him.

I wouldn't imagine they will have much problems it be no different then coutinho in the summer really.

I guess ye are all looking up rather then down now after last night's results going to be a fun run in to the end of the season.

Still think pool will beat spurs the weekend at home. We made them look A lot better then they are.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine they will have much problems it be no different then coutinho in the summer really.

I guess ye are all looking up rather then down now after last night's results going to be a fun run in to the end of the season.

Still think pool will beat spurs the weekend at home. We made them look A lot better then they are.

We beat Spurs and we are in a very strong position to cement top 4 place. Chelsea look to have come off the boil and Utd are still trying to figure out their best players and position.

We could sneak it this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

jayo26 wrote:

I would take a draw as it keeps us above them. But I do think we can beat them. Just like against City, we have a bit of revenge to dish out.

As well know, Liverpool can beat any of the big sides. It's the relegation candidates we end up losing against

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

~Rebel~ wrote:
    He turned down Newcastle anyway, and there was word of other teams he picked West Brom ahead of too. West Ham was another anyway.

I think he mentioned he was happy to go there to be close to his family. I assume his parents and stuff as he is from that neck of the woods iirc.

If he can get a run of games for the rest of the season and score a decent few goals, he will either get klopp interested or else he will have a few clubs sniffing about in the summer. But right way it gives him a great chance for the world cup if he stays fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mr.H wrote: »
    I would take a draw as it keeps us above them. But I do think we can beat them. Just like against City, we have a bit of revenge to dish out.

As well know, Liverpool can beat any of the big sides. It's the relegation candidates we end up losing against

Yeah for sure ye can beat anyone,, for what the midfield lacks in quality it has in attitude that will help in so many games but where ye will come unstuck is with an injury or fatigue if he get into next round of Europe that will be another 2 weeks of 2 games a week it's not possible for a team to keep up pressing like that and play twice a week continuously.

I really think Chelsea will be the team to miss out but I also wouldn't be surprised if conte is gone in the next few days and a manager comes in and gets them firing again as usually happens that's what we need to be weary of.

Any of the four teams from 2nd to fifth have major flaws it's just how each manger deals with them that's going to decide who gets in and who finishes fifth.

Utd were comedy gold last night. Nice to see them put back in their box.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Utd were comedy gold last night. Nice to see them put back in their box.

Careful now, we'll be seen to be coming out of ours if certain threads are to be believed.

After 25 games we have 50 points.... 2ppg. It's looking like 76 points might just get top 4.

I'd be fairly confident we can get 2ppg from our remaining 13 games TBH if salah keeps filling the onion bag. 7 wins & 5 draws gets us there :)

It's difficult to know if coutinho will be a significant loss results wise for us. I'm hoping & thinking he won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

After 25 games we have 50 points.... 2ppg. It's looking like 76 points might just get top 4.

I'd be fairly confident we can get 2ppg from our remaining 13 games TBH if salah keeps filling the onion bag. 7 wins & 5 draws gets us there :)

It's difficult to know if coutinho will be a significant loss results wise for us. I'm hoping & thinking he won't.
    Are we up or down on last year at this stage ?
    Sundays games is HUUUGE lose and we struggle for fourth, win and we could get 2nd ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sundays games is HUUUGE lose and we struggle for fourth, win and we could get 2nd ,

Where could we struggle to finish if it's a draw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Where could we struggle to finish if it's a draw?

7th. Regardless of the result, both ourselves and Spurs will struggle to finish 7th. Or 1st.

End of Jan last year... played 23 & had 46 pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Up 1 pt after 25 games

Last season after 25:

1 Chelsea 60pts
    2 City 52pts
    3 Spurs 50pts
    4 Arsenal 50pts
    5 Liverpool 49pts

This season after 25:

1 City 68pts
    2 United 53pts
    3 Liverpool 50pts
    4 Chelsea 50pts