Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Are we not?

The Sky rep on boards said we were.

Pitchforks getting sharpened as we speak!

Its on my Sky epg anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We are.

Showing on my sky as being the 3PM TV game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Butland being linked again today with a summer move. Would throw studge in now to sweeten the deal

I noticed in the spreadsheet the other day that was on here that Butlands save percentage was very low as well. Stoke have the worst defence in the league, concede an average of 2 a game....:eek:
    Like Fraser Forster he had a long term injury & hasnt recovered from it fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

gafferino wrote: »
    Eh no we’re not

Yup we are. Sky PL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

It's a pantomime around here, oh yes we are

Gafferino, you're drunk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Maybe Coutinho has bought into the project? Now he can see that we are serious contenders maybe he'll hang around for another year?
    Am i the only one convinced he won't be sold?

As of now, there's no guarantee Liverpool will even be back in CL for a 2nd successive season.
    The VVD outlay is a big statement for sure, but can one player sort out all defensive woes?
    Hopefully he's at least a big step in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

sword1 wrote: »
    It's a pantomime around here, oh yes we are

He is behind you

Kolo-Toure-shower.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Knex. wrote: »
    Sell Coutinho to PSG in the summer, 150m and Draxler.

Pie in the sky stuff, but it would probably be the best we could hope for. A nice **** you too Barca, hefty wad of cash, and a replacement all in one swoop.

It would be great. But if he leaves its going to be to Barca :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Maybe Coutinho has bought into the project? Now he can see that we are serious contenders maybe he'll hang around for another year?
    Am i the only one convinced he won't be sold?

I don't think it's necessarily the guaranteed formality many on here are talking about it as.

I think there will continue to be a strong resolve not to to sell.

150m seemed a silly figure in the summer, but a combination of the continued rising fees and Cout's own performance stepping up again (to a bracket even rival fans can probably recognise as absolutely top class) makes it seem about right.

So we may be pushing more towards 200m. Particularly if he's to star in the world cup, which I think he might.

Even then, ultimately for me I'd just rather we keep such a class and entertaining player.

The board and Klopp were strong last summer, stronger than many gave them credit. I don't think it's beyond the realms that they stay very strong again, though I do appreciate that there's more than a good chance he's allowed to leave.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I noticed in the spreadsheet the other day that was on here that Butlands save percentage was very low as well. Stoke have the worst defence in the league, concede an average of 2 a game....:eek:
    Like Fraser Forster he had a long term injury & hasnt recovered from it fully.

We need a GK thats good with distribution and good organisational skills on top of being able to save the odd shot where he has no right to get to it.....is Butland that sort of GK? Haven't seen much of him to make that call but I would hope it would be a massive upgrade rather than just a better GK.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Yup we are. Sky PL.

Sure we aren't even playing today??

Oh yes we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

NukaCola wrote: »
    We need a GK thats good with distribution and good organisational skills on top of being able to save the odd shot where he has no right to get to it.....is Butland that sort of GK? Haven't seen much of him to make that call but I would hope it would be a massive upgrade rather than just a better GK.

I haven't seen enough of Butland but what I have seen doesn't suggest he'd be an upgrade on Mignolet or Karius.

Keylor Navas is likely to be available after the summer, perhaps he'd be worth a punt.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sure we aren't even playing today??

Oh yes we are.

And then Burnley away 2 days later. This is where the rotating will show if it's paying off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp won't want to sell Strurridge now. He's a spare tyre, and we could get a flat.

• Advertisement

Klopp won't want to sell Strurridge now. He's a spare tyre, and we could get a flat.

Whats the point of replacing a flat tyre with another flat tyre?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

We’re on Sky PL lads. 3.00pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Butland being linked again today with a summer move. Would throw studge in now to sweeten the deal

Not much of a sweetener...he’d break both his arms at his first attempted save.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Strong team out. Away to Burnley will be quite different you'd think. I thought he would have mixed and matched a bit more, and left Coutinho and Firmino out of the starting lineup for today

• Advertisement

Hope we're not stuck for goals today as that bench has none on it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

5starpool wrote: »
    Strong team out. Away to Burnley will be quite different you'd think. I thought he would have mixed and matched a bit more, and left Coutinho and Firmino out of the starting lineup for today
    Yea, thought after playing the full 90 that coutinho might not start, with mane and Ox coming in.
    I'm wary of Leicester tbh, dangerous time with them back playing for their manager again and the transfer window opening will no doubt spur on the likes of Mahrez to have a good day too.

Firmino typically comes off somewhere between 60min - 70min if we are winning easily. He's ok to play today, has not finished a lot of games recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

26000982_1992224380802719_1744993333385637042_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=df79bbdd164fdc3a3987d2f3213ba256&oe=5AB44F98

Virgil on home turf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

He looks huge and has a presence which is what our defence needs. Hopefully he lives up to expectations

Solanke ahead of sturridge in the pecking order might be a hint to sturridge to take any offer on the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Solanke ahead of sturridge in the pecking order might be a hint to sturridge to take any offer on the table

He only ahead because studge is injured surely. Am pretty sure if studge was fit he would be on the bench at least in this busy period

He only ahead because studge is injured surely. Am pretty sure if studge was fit he would be on the bench at least in this busy period

I hadn't heard he was injured but a quick Google now says he was a doubt after illness, still think transfer speculation could be a factor

I hadn't heard he was injured but a quick Google now says he was a doubt after illness, still think transfer speculation could be a factor

Its sturridge, the main news would be if he was actually fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

SlickRic wrote: »
    Yup we are. Sky PL.

Oddly Sky Sports site says we're on, Virgin schedule says we're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Oddly Sky Sports site says we're on, Virgin schedule says we're not.

I'm sure Sky know what game they are showing.

Probably best to assume he’s injured and wait until you hear news he’s fit.

How do people feel about Karius starting today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

murpho999 wrote: »

Can't be worse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Couldn't find it on sky (mobdro), it is on Nbcsn though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Imo Karius will get better mig won't. Klopp said it's rotation so its not a case of being dropped. We'll be getting a new keeper when Klopp gets a big improvement targeted.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Couldn't find it on sky (mobdro), it is on Nbcsn though.

Because mobdro doesnt have sky sports pl irish version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Presumably he is picked not for rotation but because he is quick to clear his lines - easy to imagine Leicester punting straight balls forward for Vardy to run onto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Presumably he is picked not for rotation but because he is quick to clear his lines - easy to imagine Leicester punting straight balls forward for Vardy to run onto

Can see Karius getting a red card today in one of these exact scenarios. :(

Yes,Klopp has just confirmed it's purely down to rotation as they're playing again in two days. Makes sense.

Sky dont have a clue, they saying vvd will be available to play against burnley. Idiots lol

VVD in the stands. And he touched the sign. Klopp won't be happy with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't particularly rate either of our keepers but Karius is just over 5 years younger than Mignolet, if you're going to put faith in one have it be the young lad.

None of the other teams will rotate their keepers. Saying it’s rotation side steps the sh!te that will go with switching them.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yes,Klopp has just confirmed it's purely down to rotation as they're playing again in two days. Makes sense.

Mig must be exhausted after the Swansea match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

beIN 12 tsn4

Sky dont have a clue, they saying vvd will be available to play against burnley. Idiots lol

Yes, and Curbishley asking if it has come out of "the Coutinho Money".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Turtyturd wrote: »
    None of the other teams will rotate their keepers. Saying it’s rotation side steps the sh!te that will go with switching them.

He aint rotating...he is slowly saying goodbye to Migs and slowly building up Karius for the number 1 spot.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement