Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nothing going our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nothing going our way.

Ah don't start the woe is me crud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Insane amount of timewasting going on.

noodler wrote: »
    Ah don't start the woe is me crud.

Well we prob should have had a peno and Maguire is wrestling with our players and hasn't been punished once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We have more than enough to still win this game. Our decision making has been poor all over the pitch, need to show more and stop with the hit and hope shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ugh...A draw is the best I see us getting out of this.

We could win this if we were more clinical. Had the chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Karius play Gomez straight into trouble. WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Puel really has the Indian sign over us. Couldn't even score against Southampton in 4 games last season.

Need to get the voodoo dolls out at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Did we get a single free kick in that half?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Chamberlain for Mane.

Mane's touch is completely gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can's whole plan is to just take one touch then pass it back to a CB for the whole game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus wept Mane

1 min stoppage time.......ref isn't too bothered with the time wasting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Maguire's having a great game lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Looks like another game where we give up a chance that results in a goal, but then miss a good few chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Shocking first half. I hope Van Dijk realises how much of a mess our defence and keeper is.

Not playing bad (finishing aside) but when you gift goals like that can’t complain if you lose.

I'd say Schmeichel wasted one minute by himself kicking his boots off the goalpost before taking the kick out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,215 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Might as well not watch the 2nd half no hope of winning

Frustrating but we have to concentrate whats in our control.....we will get more chances we need to settle down and be more clinical, and we can be. A few poor performances but in general we are doing ok, the final ball decision making has been poor.

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »

Thats the spirit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Flow being seriously broken up. It feels like two different styles not working together.

monkey9 wrote: »

I really like him and wanted us to sign him but he's being allowed to manhandle our forwards. He's bearhugging Salah at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

We're not playing badly but we need to be clinical and unfortunately Salah has passed up 2 great chances. Mane is not playing with much confidence but he is threatening in behind Amartey.

Can is just not mobile enough to be the deep lying midfielder, won't be sorry to see him leave.

Don't think Robertson is really up to a lot either, getting a lot of time and space down the left and doing very little. Didn't do great for the goal either. Moreno will come straight back into the team.

monkey9 wrote: »

Salah has the better of him but the ref’s happy to ignore his fouling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

we need to isolate Salah on Maguire, he will take him down hopefully peno and red.

p.s. also a chance that could happen at other end with Vardy and Lovren :rolleyes:

Actually playing alright. Creating plenty of chances unlike the West Brom game where we did nothing.

But yet again we gift a soft goal to the opposition. Losing the ball just outside our own penalty area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

LFC must have one of the worst records of claiming points from losing positions.

Grabbing the equalizer against Arsenal last week was a shock.

Can is too slow on the turn, takes too many touches on the ball and isn't mobile enough for that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Knex. wrote: »
    Chamberlain for Mane.

Mane's touch is completely gone.

I'd nearly ditch Milner. instead. Mane is off form no doubt but he's still a threat. Having both Milner and Can in midfield lacks the spark/pace the front 3 need to open theses defences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'd say Schmeichel wasted one minute by himself kicking his boots off the goalpost before taking the kick out.

All keepers do it, including Liverpool when they have something to defend. No point in trying to make something bigger out of it than it is.

We're like a child who falls for the coin behind the ear trick over and over and over and over.
    Mignolet could play out safely, Karius is like a deer in head lights when trying to play out, he'll just offload it to anyone and play them straight into the shhiit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jesus lads, I feel like I'm watching a different game to half of ye. Frustrating half for sure but we have created half a dozen chances. Same again after the break and we will score, I'm confident of that.

Mane looks poor though. That goal would have done him the world of good I think had he not been offside.

Oxlade Chamberlain on for him I would say. See how we go from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sometimes you just have to make a big decision about a player, mine is that Can is launched by rocket straight to Turin on a January free. I doubt he has touched the ball more times than the Norseman has in Leicester's goal.

Coutinho playing deeper today once again doesn't really work esp as Mane while working hard enough isn't at it where it counts.

Oh Salah is too narrow for this game, needs to be a proper wide man today and get in behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,215 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

NukaCola wrote: »

Thats the spirit
    Called reverse jinx mate

Not a great pass from Matip. Was off target but a quicker player would have got to it. Unfortunately the closest player was Can who moved like a tractor hauling a camper van.

Was a brilliant pass from Iborra after it too. Hard to blame Robertson I feel.

They keep saying Robertson overran the ball for the penalty incident, even though had he not been pushed he clearly would have gotten to it in time.

Karius is one to blame for goal. He played a snail speed pass to Matip when Matip had a man closing him. WHO THE FCUK DOES THAT.
    Simple Jack football, sick of it.

Called reverse jinx mate

I knew that.....ahem...:o

• Advertisement

Mignolet for his mistakes can actually play out, Karius cannot and never could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Catching up now, just saw the goal, another defensive blunder. Really poor judgement by Matip, Can didn’t need to slide in. Robertson with Moreno type positioning (he continues to unimpress, even if he’s better than Moreno).

How exactly is Robertson supposed to anticipate possession being lost between Karius, Matip and Can? He was exactly where he was supposed to be in the beginning of a buildup phase of play with possession secure. Bizarre criticism.

Karius is one to blame for goal. He played a snail speed pass to Matip when Matip had a man closing him. WHO THE FCUK DOES THAT.

Matip could put his foot through the ball though, I dont understand why we dont do it more when under a big threat.

Don't think Robertson is really up to a lot either, getting a lot of time and space down the left and doing very little. Didn't do great for the goal either. Moreno will come straight back into the team.
    Agree. He deserves more time, but terrible positioning for the goal (if it was Moreno they’d be a lot more comments).
    Players always tend to look better when out of the team (when Robertson wasn’t playing, Moreno now out, and Henderson when you see Can trying to fill the role).
    I’d take Mane (awful first touch again today) off now, push Coutinho forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

That's a stretch. It was a poor pass from Matip and Can should have done better. I'm pretty sure coastal erosion moves faster than Can.

Milkers wrote: »
    How exactly is Robertson supposed to anticipate possession being lost between Karius, Matip and Can? He was exactly where he was supposed to be in the beginning of a buildup phase of play with possession secure. Bizarre criticism.
    Not bizzare at all if you know where the FB should be ( it’s called anticipation). If it was Moreno the daggers would have been out.

• Advertisement

Nothing on Karius for the goal. It's a bad ball from Matip but if Can is at all arsed he can get to it, instead he walks over and puts in a lazy tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Matip with another **** up,the guy is as bad as lovren for me,anyway we've missed enough chances to be up at the break,wtf is wrong with mane,hasn't turned up at all this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

An even bigger problem than Can's awful acceleration once the pass had been played by Matip was the fact he wasn't even anticipating it in the first place and making himself available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

You would wonder what Grujic needs to do to get a chance. Can brutal. Will be delighted to see the back of him to be honest. He plays well in small bursts and people think he is a world beater. He had been rarely better than average in his time with us. Wouldn't mind him as a squad player, but nothing more

To think some would have given him a bumper contract and made him captain last summer . . .

Don't blame Robertson for the goal. Once the ball was lost they were right at our back four and it still took a brilliant pass from Iborra to barely get it past Robertson. Just can't lose the ball in that area. One decent pass and the opposition are in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement