Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yay

Suck it Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jeez, that was nervy but that's a super win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good win, vital 3 points and coming from behind is great for confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Firmino is great at the innocuous foul that stops the quick counter attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well done, that was much more satisfying than a 4-0 battering at this stage. Nice to see some grit and determination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

GREAT WIN
    BEST EPISODE EVER !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Over 3 years since we last won a home game after being down at half time

Over 30 seconds since we last won a home game after being down at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tactical Bobby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

darced wrote: »

That's because you're nervous. Nothing really happened in last few mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Good 3 points that all considered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That was in tents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jeez, that was nervy but that's a super win.

I'd say watching it back without the stress of it being live and it'll look like we're totally in control. They didn't have a shot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I pity the Puel.

Great 3 points from a so so performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Really delighted with that win great to see us getting a result from behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Firmino is great at the innocuous foul that stops the quick counter attack.

First defender every time. Just as well his bonuses are for goals and assists.

A quick word for Joe Gomez who played some lovely football out there today, he could be as smooth as Hansen in years to come if he keeps developing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Really nice comeback, great to see.
    They’d the chance that went close past the far post, but that was it really.
    Fully deserved win.

Why did Can wait until the last 10 minutes to get the legs going? He was brilliant closing the game out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Safe to say Puel isn’t a jinx manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Only the keeper is allowed to hold the ball.....................

Taxi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

21 games played, only 2 defeats and one of them to arguably the best team in Europe at the minute and we were competitive until we went a man down.

The media and “neutrals” would have you believe we’re soft, but we’re actually incredibly tough to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Burnley away will be tough but they must be tired too. They picked the same team today as they did against United.

Over 30 seconds since we last won a home game after being down at half time

quit living in the past:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fair play to Mada with the match thread.

Lucky-charm and all that kind of jazz.

Good win for Bournemouth too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great character showing today by the lads delighted.

Still cant get over how bad the standards of refs are in the premeir league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Great to dig that out. Deserved it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Thats what we haven't been able to do in recent years. Close out a game, last year Leicester would have scored in the last 5 minutes. Good tough win today

• Advertisement

Watching Liverpool should come with a health warning. I can see it happening for real.

I gotta say guys and gals I really cant wait for Van the man to get into the team. Hopefully he will calm things down. I know he wont fix everything but surely the huge transfer alone will give the team a bit of confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Tactical Bobby.

Another one from Robertson just beforehand as well.

Fairly well managed other than the fact we were really bad at keeping hold of the ball.

Leicester are the biggest pain in the hole in the league and to get 6 pts off them is fantastic.

Gutsy performance. Lacked quality at times and we struggled to build play from the back but we had more than enough to get the job done and while it felt nervy Leicester's quality up front was poor.

Gomez is a beautiful footballer.
    Himself and Coutinho were probably the standouts.

Milner did alright, but he's a limited player and doesn't have the quality to be a footballer of the consistent level we need. He has great moments but some dreadful stuff on the ball at times as well.

I liked Karius today. The keeping the ball out of the net part is the main part of his job and he had basically nothing to do, but everything else looked in keeping with the sort of keeper we need.

We do, however, need a midfield that's capable of playing from front to back and building attacks slowly. It can't just be punts to the forwards all the time. It leaves us with no control of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    People losing their cool in here but honestly its not like they've had an actual shot...

I think it's more knowing what we can do to allow them equalize more than what Leicester do.

Anyway, a terrific three points and well deserved in the end.

btw moment of the game has to be Can kicking it out to touch after Leicester doing it earlier in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Big win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Burnley away will be tough but they must be tired too. They picked the same team today as they did against United.

Think we're better away from home so hopeful we get a win there. Would like to see Mignolet and Klavan come back in. Thought Matip was very poor today.

I give Robertson a hard time because I don't think he is the answer long term but in fairness to him he is a good defender and maybe that's enough for this team.

Think Mane just needs a goal and he'll be fine. Has a great knack of linking up with Salah anyway.

As for Salah, we'd be in trouble without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why did Can wait until the last 10 minutes to get the legs going? He was brilliant closing the game out.

People remember the last 10 not the first 10. The bastard is editing his own career for best effect as he goes.

Something that did annnoy me was not running the ball into the corner in added time, there were at least two good opportunities to do so.

Burley, Everton, Leicester, Watford all losing points. That has finally put a gap between us and these pretend teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

As we sat deep he had more and more space to run into.

Just because he's a **** DM doesn't mean he's a bad player.

He's always been at his best when he gets to run with the ball a bit further up the pitch. He's just not wired to sit patiently and read the game in CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Advertisement

I have a theory, Salah missed a few chances today but they were all from conventional passes, both his goals were assisted by backheels.

Anything in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Shanee. wrote: »
    Thats what we haven't been able to do in recent years. Close out a game, last year Leicester would have scored in the last 5 minutes. Good tough win today

Last year we thumped them at Anfield and scored in the last 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

That's what annoys me so much about him lately. I have no issue with him if he wants to move on at the end of his contract. But we know he's capable of so much more than he's been showing the last few months. Work to the ****ing clock, ffs. Even from his own point of view, it's the world cup next summer, and he's not exactly helping his negotiating position with Juventus, who'll take the teeth out of his agent's head if given the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Karius is so nervy on the ball I'd nearly prefer Mig.

He is awful on the ball. Three or four times in the second half he kicked straight to a Leicester player or mis-hit his kick completely

I wonder if Van Djik will be on the bench Monday. I know he needs to train with the lads but surely give him a couple of mins near the end of the game Monday to just get him going.

Id expect him to probably start next Friday

I have a theory, Salah missed a few chances today but they were all from conventional passes, both his goals were assisted by backheels.

Anything in it?

Resign Balotelli
    bal.gif

Firmino, our striker, on the halfway line, passes it to Coutinho, plays it through to Mane who backheels it to Salah for the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Mr.H wrote: »
    I wonder if Van Djik will be on the bench Monday. I know he needs to train with the lads but surely give him a couple of mins near the end of the game Monday to just get him going.

He wont be cleared to play until Jan 2nd. He wont start the cup match either. Hes not Klopp fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Last year we thumped them at Anfield and scored in the last 5

Thats the type of game. Watford first game of the season do you not recall? Anyway at least were starting to close out games some bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mr.H wrote: »

I think it may take him a bit longer from how we know Klopp integrates signings...

Was it about 3 games into PL that Ox came on as a sub?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement