Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Karius definitely meant that pass.
    Think he should get a run of games.
    See if he is up to it and can improve.

Migs ain't gonna improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,500 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

NukaCola wrote: »
    Was this meant? Worked well.

https://streamable.com/cjalb

Considering what he did rest of the time I say NO, Law of averages, he was bound to find a red shirt at least once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He was ok. Didn’t have much to do. And no screw up like Migs, so that’s a positive.
    Still a position of need though.

I agree, nothing really to do so didn’t stand out as a positive or negative, but the narrative for some on here was set before kick off. I’d still like to see him get a run and a bit of confidence to see how he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Karius definitely meant that pass.
    Think he should get a run of games.
    See if he is up to it and can improve.

Migs ain't gonna improve.

We've already seen Mig's ceiling, and it reminds me of Being John Malkovich. I don't think we're any worse off playing Karius, apart from the effect he has on my missus.

Was Mig dropped or is he carrying a knock?
    Dropped I hope so we can sort out gk now that CB issues are well under control conceptually :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Was meant imo. Think Karius is getting a harsh time of it today.

Well, he had nothing to do really so not sure where the criticism is coming from, apart from punching Klavan in the face maybe........but his distribution in long kicks was pretty poor which is why I was surprised with that kick, it was good thinking but hard to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Winning from a losing position ain't something we do often so it's always a nice feeling, Salah what more needs to be said. Onto burnley now, gonna be another tough game.

Augeo wrote: »
    Dropped I hope so we can sort out gk now that CB issues are well under control conceptually :)

Rotated according to Klopp pre game

Well, he had nothing to do really so not sure where the criticism is coming from, apart from punching Klavan in the face maybe........but his distribution in long kicks was pretty poor which is why I was surprised with that kick, it was good thinking but hard to be sure.

I’m wondering the same.

You just know as soon as Moreno is fit Robertson will be dropped, maybe not even make bench if VVD is on it.

• Advertisement

Rotated according to Klopp pre game

I think it was a tactical thing. Everyone and their dog know Leicester will try play in behind, Karius is better suited to that.

Thank you :)

Fair play, Mig has had enough chances imo. Top 4 pl team 2nd keeper his level at this stage I reckon. That are a starter for a lesser team.

You just know as soon as Moreno is fit Robertson will be dropped, maybe not even make bench if VVD is on it.

Both are playing well.....when the big games come up and theres a lot of pressure on it will be interesting to see how Robertson responds.......Moreno crumbles at times.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You can tell Corwil is after a rake of beer, and the output is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Maybe, but I’d keep Robertson. I don’t think he’s been great; mentioned his positioning for the first goal, in the 80th min he didn’t need to be bombing on (we lost the ball and it could have been a repeat of the Everton goal as a result), and he had 3 terrible attempts at a cross in the first ~5mins of the second half.

He seems to be more mistake free than Moreno. I don’t think there’s that much between them (still only judging him on a few games); but until we’ve a better option, he (Robertson) should continue to start.

Knex. wrote: »

Harsh on his non beer infused output imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just to say, Firmino again showed why he's our most important player.

Clearing corners, vital interceptions and playmaking for the winning goal. Coutinho mostly disappeared (not saying I still don't love him), but Bobby kept showing and trying things.

Salah though. Talk about sprinkling magic dust on a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I think Joe Gomez is going to be a special player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good to see a few more posters getting on the Main Man bandwagon and how important he is to the team.

• Advertisement

What a save from DeGea. They'd be midtable with us far ahead if they did not have him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Can someone please shoot De Gea.
    The chap is unreal.

Really hope Madrid buy him and not Courtouis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Fair play to Mada with the match thread.

Lucky-charm and all that kind of jazz.

Good win for Bournemouth too:D

lol :) you're welcome chief...

What a save from DeGea. They'd be midtable with us far ahead if they did not have him.

It was straight at him.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It was straight at him.

Straight at his big toe ,3 feet from goal, as he layed on the ground. Flew over bar as if by some magical force, like Dudek's save in CLF .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Shanee. wrote: »
    Thats what we haven't been able to do in recent years. Close out a game, last year Leicester would have scored in the last 5 minutes. Good tough win today

supposedly the first time since 2014 that we have come back at 1-0 at half time...seems wild

• Advertisement

Straight at his big toe ,3 feet from goal, as he layed on the ground. Flew over bar as if by some magical force, like Dudek's save in CLF .

FatherTedDreamsreality_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-348898

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just looking through the stats on the official Prem League site each of Salah, Firmino and Coutinho are scoring at an average of .5 goals per game. So if they keep the rate running with more hopefully to come from Mane, Ox-Cham and a couple of others like Lallana who obviously hasn't even played yet really they could rack up nearly 100 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Knex. wrote: »

I have but began to drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Moreno > Robertson

Moreno would have been slaughtered for the first goal today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mane isn't having the best of times but the more I watch the assist for the first the backheel is sexy as fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Monday is going to be a lottery. Klopp will make 5 or 6 changes great to have 2 wins on board going into it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Moreno > Robertson

Moreno would have been slaughtered for the first goal today

Yeah watching the replay again, he let Mahrez run away from him. Moreno would have gotten both barrels. He's still steadier than Moreno but I think Moreno is far better linking up play and attacking. A much better footballer technically.

I'd still be looking for an upgrade on both of them or possibly switching Gomez over to the left where he's done well before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,962 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If van Dijk makes a mistake will people start saying "If Lovren did that he'd be murdered for it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah watching the replay again, he let Mahrez run away from him. Moreno would have gotten both barrels. He's still steadier than Moreno but I think Moreno is far better linking up play and attacking. A much better footballer technically.

I'd still be looking for an upgrade on both of them or possibly switching Gomez over to the left where he's done well before.

Either would be fine backup.

Neither are anywhere near the likes of Mendy for example.

Still think we need to spend bigger in this area,10m in the summer is more of a band aid approach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If van Dijk makes a mistake will people start saying "If Lovren did that he'd be murdered for it?"

When and yes

How much will we offer for Hoedt?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Southampton were solid at the back this evening

A valid goal was rolling into an empty net but Pogba saw glory and could not resist even though he was offside. That's so funny.
    Goal disallowed and 2 more points dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Wow United were really poor tonight. Boos at the final whistle. Players didn't look arsed until 5 minutes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

A valid goal was rolling into an empty net but Pogba saw glory and could not resist even though he was offside. That's so funny.

He should have his own emoji. Oh.........

• Advertisement

I love watching him stamp his feet like a petulant child when things aren't going his way. He does it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Augeo wrote: »

He was carrying a knock apparently.

But he dropped it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Wins for Spurs and Arsenal would make it very close from 2nd to 6th.

Only a matter of time before we pass Utd out. We're clearly a much better team than them. Chelsea won't be as easily caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

LOL that utd team is mentally broken, if they don't get rid of Jose they won't make top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Was this meant? Worked well.

https://streamable.com/cjalb

2 things from that clip whether it was meant or not.
    1. Lovely touch and movement from Robertson.
    2. Miller's movement is incredibly similar to Gerrard in his later years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Everton v United on Monday should be one for the purists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thinks about all the points we threw away. Looks at table. 4 points off second.

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

009A06E0-499E-4042-AD2D-CD87B926D565.jpg

• Advertisement

Only a matter of time before we pass Utd out. We're clearly a much better team than them. Chelsea won't be as easily caught.

Leaving it very late to catch City.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement