Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Form has really dropped off the August EPL Champions elect......hard to imagine that they were challenging for the league 2 weeks ago and we being sneered at for being closer to the relegation zone than top......funny......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Glad the team had the character today to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Vardy just seems like one of those proven to be average heads that raises his game against ourselves so when he scored early, I could only roll my eyes.

So thankful for the final score to say the least.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Form has really dropped off the August EPL Champions elect......hard to imagine that they were challenging for the league 2 weeks ago and we being sneered at for being closer to the relegation zone than top......funny......

Comical.

2nd place trophies aren't handed out in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Knex. wrote: »
    You're asking the wrong question to be fair

You think they would help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Jose cracking up

Seems to have lost it . Expensive load of players not a team being hindered by his negativity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

<<

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

corwill wrote: »
    Southampton were shocking against Spurs, they have the look of a set of players saving themselves for the next manager.

I guess I was talking about the wrong side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Great finishes by Salah today I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Salah looks to be out of Burnley. Walked off the pitch with a limp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

20iumu1.png

Not ideal with Mané in a bit of a rut.....

Mahrez would be a nice player to have if available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I see rumours that Utd are gonna try sign him.
    Might be a good replacement if we could get him if/when Coutinho goes in the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not ideal with Mané in a bit of a rut.....

Shifting Mane to the opposite wing and being the focal point for a game could kickstart his form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Glad the team had the character today to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Vardy just seems like one of those proven to be average heads that raises his game against ourselves so when he scored early, I could only roll my eyes.

So thankful for the final score to say the least.

In fairness to Vardy, his record against the "top 6" is really good. His numbers against the rest drop off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No thanks

Chap has a pi$$ poor attitude to tracking back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nalz wrote: »
    Are you asking me? Or making a point? Sure we all think the same.

Asking. I'm nearly sure I remember reading it. Some very good posters over there and I doubt you all feel/think the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Hidalgo wrote: »
    In fairness to Vardy, his record against the "top 6" is really good. His numbers against the rest drop off.

The anti-Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I like Vardy as a player, he's quick, works hard and is able to put the ball away.

He'd be a very expensive back-up player to Firmino though, then again I suppose he'd fit in across any of the front three positions.

Hidalgo wrote: »

Perhaps I'm just blinkered by my dislike of him in general.

I think he was one of the main culprits in Ranieri losing his job and won't forget his form conveniently coming back by scoring twice in the first game after Ranieri's sacking. Against us of course.

Big fish in a small pond who never moved when he had the chance because he knew deep down he was never going to have it sweeter than he does at Leicester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah equalled Rodger Hunt’s record of 23 goals before New Years Day.

Salah equalled Rodger Hunt’s record of 23 goals before the New Year.

and Hunts's was in the 2nd tier which makes Salah's more impressive.

He's on course to better Suarez's best season which is nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Just thinking there, we have done very well on the injury front over the past month, the busiest of the year. No epidemic of exploding hamstrings, United for one have a lot of injuries and knocks.

Who knows if it's all just luck but it certainly helps.

Don't put the mockers on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,396 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

tinpib wrote: »
    Just thinking there, we have done very well on the injury front over the past month, the busiest of the year. No epidemic of exploding hamstrings, United for one have a lot of injuries and knocks.

Well Klopp has rotated the team more than anyone else. Way more in fact.

Hopefully might mean we get through the Christmas and new year without any major injuries (touch wood) apart from Henderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

tinpib wrote: »

Raymond Verheijin has been very quiet lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

we need to isolate Salah on Maguire, he will take him down hopefully peno and red.

p.s. also a chance that could happen at other end with Vardy and Lovren :rolleyes:

Seemingly my post got through to Jurgen at half time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool on 2nd on match of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Charlie19 wrote:
    I like Vardy as a player, he's quick, works hard and is able to put the ball away.

He's thirty years of age - should have joined Arsenal! Salah is overrated. He misses too many easy scoring opportunities and lacks the all round skills of Suarez or even Sturridge, at his best.

Perhaps I'm just blinkered by my dislike of him in general.

I think he was one of the main culprits in Ranieri losing his job and won't forget his form conveniently coming back by scoring twice in the first game after Ranieri's sacking. Against us of course.

Big fish in a small pond who never moved when he had the chance because he knew deep down he was never going to have it sweeter than he does at Leicester.

You just sound incredibly bitter because he scores against us tbh!

• Advertisement

He’s no Lukaku alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

chicorytip wrote: »
    Salah is overrated. He misses too many easy scoring opportunities and lacks the all round skills of Suarez or even Sturridge, at his best.
    Overrated? How? Our top scorer by a distance. 2nd in terms of assists (just one behind Coutinho). Always looks dangerous. A team player......

He has missed chances, but he's also not an out and out striker like Suarez/Sturridge. He's been outstanding for us.

Charlie19 wrote: »

He'd be a very expensive back-up player to Firmino though, then again I suppose he'd fit in across any of the front three positions.

I reckon firmino MIgHT play #10ish IF coutinho leaves
    .... might be more than a backup pplace in the front 3 to fill.

Doubt we'll go for Jamie though
    He's thirty years of age - should have joined Arsenal! Salah is overrated. He misses too many easy scoring opportunities and lacks the all round skills of Suarez or even Sturridge, at his best.

At the rate he's scoring he can continue/maintain the missed chances ratio.... IMO :)

I look forward to watching him play. I don't really understand how VVD is top class (I won't ask how he is worth the money due to the market points.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Vardy's 31 in a couple weeks, I'd stay away

Overrated? How? Our top scorer by a distance. 2nd in terms of assists (just one behind Coutinho). Always looks dangerous. A team player......

He has missed chances, but he's also not an out and out striker like Suarez/Sturridge. He's been outstanding for us.

Because he doesn’t play for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I enjoyed the match today Leicester defended well in the 1st half but Liverpool had Salah.

What a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Salah will turn out a better player than Suarez was. If we keep him next 4-5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just on the Leicester goal. If Karius wants to save it maybe just stand in between the posts. Just a bit of advice.

Is Salah as overrated as Suarez was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Salah's just as shít Pienaar as Suarez was a shít Jelavic

noodler wrote: »
    You just sound incredibly bitter because he scores against us tbh!

Perhaps. As I said I have a general dislike of him so I'm probably blinkered.

That said, Drogba used to give his hell but I always had a grudging respect for him and by all accounts seemed like a decent bloke off the pitch.

That's genuine class for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So what was different between what Lovern did V Everton and what the Leicester player did today

So what was different between what Lovern did V Everton and what the Leicester player did today

Craig Pawson.

He had a good game today though.

• Advertisement

I know I shouldn't be posting this but this guy would be laughed out of the United Thread for being overly partisan!

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastIe/status/947038410899722240

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,505 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The ref didn’t have it in for Leicester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Bet Corwill has passed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Kane, who is regarded as a clinical striker has 18 premier league goals from 116 shots.
    Salah has 17 goals from 81 shots. The majority of salah's missed chances came at the start of the season when he was settling into the premier league and a new team. Salah is a game changer and can maje something out of nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

"Salah is, dare I say it....Messi - esque....." good man Ian....Barca will bid for him now as well!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement