Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rossie1977 wrote: »
    I bet if Coutinho was playing for man utd, city or Chelsea there would be little talk of him being south American and the dream is to play for Barca/real. Aguero has been arguably one of the best strikers in Europe over the past 5-6 years yet very little interest or media hype about him going to the big 2 in Spain. Coutinho on the other hand it's been non-stop since about 2014

How we are matching the players ambitions definitely matters so yes I agree with your point. Aguero has one a couple league titles at city and is probably better paid than he would be in la liga. He has already played in Spain albeit not for the big 2.

They remain a huge draw though for Latin players from any club.

On coutinho though I long feared that once he added consistency to his game he'd be off. He is earmarked to replace iniesta and I didn't think of a better replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Liverpool won't be able to match any decent players ambition if they keep selling their best player every season either though. The top clubs don't do that and if they do it's so rare that they shatter the world record transfer fee. There is already strong talk in Spain of reals interest in salah so the Latin thing I don't pay any heed to.

Eventually fsg has to decide if they have ambitions to get Liverpool back into the top echelon of Europe or if they are satisfied as a selling club who see 4th place every season as the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Liverpool won't be able to match any decent players ambition if they keep selling their best player every season either though. The top clubs don't do that and if they do it's so rare that they shatter the world record transfer fee. There is already strong talk in Spain of reals interest in salah so the Latin thing I don't pay any heed to.

Eventually fsg has to decide if they have ambitions to get Liverpool back into the top echelon of Europe or if they are satisfied as a selling club who see 4th place every season as the goal.

I agree with your sentiment but it's easier said than done with Latino players.

Utd were at the top their game and they couldn't stop Ronaldo going to Madrid.

It's just something they're always going to be drawn to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

rossie1977 wrote:

75 million on a defender. World record fee. 45 on a midfielder that won't play for us until next season........ 40 million for Chamberlain when he is seem as a squad player. FFS you can't question their ambition.

If coutinho goes it's because he is forcing the move. Nothing else. We already turned down 130 million last summer FFS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

murpho999 wrote: »
    I agree with your sentiment but it's easier said than done with Latino players.

Utd were at the top their game and they couldn't stop Ronaldo going to Madrid.

It's just something they're always going to be drawn to.
    errr.... rossie just pointed out that Salah is not a 'Latino'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There's also absolutely no talk outside of gossip of Salah going to Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Mr.H wrote: »
    75 million on a defender. World record fee. 45 on a midfielder that won't play for us until next season........ 40 million for Chamberlain when he is seem as a squad player. FFS you can't question their ambition.

If coutinho goes it's because he is forcing the move. Nothing else. We already turned down 130 million last summer FFS.

But that's only in the last year or so, Coutinho was around when we sold Suarez, Sterling, and he would have known of Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, all world class players we sold in the last 7 or 8 years.
    We are known as a stepping stone club, i hope and pray that FSG are going to take us to the next level, certainly in the last 6 months they are walking the walk but has it all come too late to keep our current crop of stars?

Yea come on the Salah stuff is purely because zidane said he is quality and the papers are putting two and two together. But blimey if he keeps this form up it's only a matter if time before a world record offer is talked about.

For the record I wouldn't be upset if Phil leaves (hopefully won't be this window though). I really believe the vvd cash is nothing to do with Phil and if we sell it means we have 130-150 million to replace him.

Ignore the papers. They all had vvd going to city the same day we surprised them with a world record fee for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Besides, i would'nt pay too much attention to the latino link, players want to play for them no matter where they are from, it's because they are the two most prestigious clubs currently in football, that's all there is to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I'd love to be kept against my will at 200k a week!

You really might if it was at the cost of earning €250,000 a week, playing with Messi and Suarez etc, winning La Liga on a regular basis, getting to CL finals on a regular basis and living in Barcelona with its wonderful climate etc Vs Northern England!!

Maud Flanders hysteria me ar$e.

• Advertisement

But that's only in the last year or so, Coutinho was around when we sold Suarez, Sterling, and he would have known of Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, all world class players we sold in the last 7 or 8 years. We are known as a stepping stone club, i hope and pray that FSG are going to take us to the next level, certainly in the last 6 months they are walking the walk but has it all come too late to keep our current crop of stars?

Hopefully not.

A lot of people give out about FSG and I won't get onto the debate of what they did for the club but I gotta point out they have always been willing to back the managers. Their first transfer window we broke our transfer record twice! Yes Torres went the opposite way but they in no way had to spend big. Torres wanted out and they had their narrative. The fans would have blamed Torres rather than them as it happened so late in the window.

That summer they again spent huge cash on Kenny's crop. Move onto Rodgers. He was well backed in the window. Huge money spent. Then looked the works they did locally to the stadium and surrounding area.

FSG get a hard time but I have never seen anything from them that suggested they didn't have ambition.

When they first signed they said money is no object but they also said they want to spend wisely. Both statements seem true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No more needed to say

DST-6qjWsAMgSVq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I bet if Coutinho was playing for man utd, city or Chelsea there would be little talk of him being south American and the dream is to play for Barca/real.

Like Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Ashey Young wont be able to dive for 3 games.

Happy New Year to ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

No more needed to say

DST-6qjWsAMgSVq.jpg

Are they not above us in the table? Pogba has won more trophies aswell in one season with united than our lads combined.

Hate this kinda guff, it's small time nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

These things come and go. Last season it was Mane that pundits were speculating we'd lose within a season. Now his form has cooled off because it's no longer just him carrying the load.

The same will happen with Salah. His form will drop off and someone else will hopefully keep the train going.

If his form doesn't drop off, well.....we've a winner on our hands either way. We'll either manage to keep him or break a record selling him. Someone else will come along.

Life goes on, the wheel keeps turning, not the end of the world, etc......

People would be better off if they stopped obsessing over media bullsh1t. This is why Paul Merson is still employed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

errr.... rossie just pointed out that Salah is not a 'Latino'.

Ok, sorry, I thought the post was about Coutinho

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Are they not above us in the table? Pogba has won more trophies aswell in one season with united than our lads combined.

Hate this kinda guff, it's small time nonsense.

Still lots of games to go more a dig at their manager complaining about other clubs spending money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

These things come and go. Last season it was Mane that pundits were speculating we'd lose within a season. Now his form has cooled off because it's no longer just him carrying the load.

The same will happen with Salah. His form will drop off and someone else will hopefully keep the train going.

If his form doesn't drop off, well.....we've a winner on our hands either way. We'll either manage to keep him or break a record selling him. Someone else will come along.

Life goes on, the wheel keeps turning, not the end of the world, etc......

People would be better off if they stopped obsessing over media bullsh1t. This is why Paul Merson is still employed.

This bellend's team of the season so far didn't include Mo Salah.

Nothing further needs to be said about Paul Merson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Merry New Year!
    tumblr_oj39ieWjw91u2ragso4_r1_500.gif

go drink now.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Merry New Year!
    tumblr_oj39ieWjw91u2ragso4_r1_500.gif

go drink now.

Drinking already lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

mosstin wrote: »
    This bellend's team of the season so far didn't include Mo Salah.

Nothing further needs to be said about Paul Merson.

He is king of the Bellends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would also like to give my vote for bellend of the day to Wenger.

What a gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mr.H wrote: »
    Yea come on the Salah stuff is purely because zidane said he is quality and the papers are putting two and two together.

Coincidentally, I happen to have quite a few friends in Cairo. They have been telling me for weeks that Real are majorly sniffing around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

No more needed to say

DST-6qjWsAMgSVq.jpg

Makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Coincidentally, I happen to have quite a few friends in Cairo. They have been telling me for weeks that Real are majorly sniffing around.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse source than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Gotta laugh at Mourinho complaining about other teams spending

Swings and roundabouts.... klopp gave a speel on the Lpogba fee iirc that looks fairly fooking daft now

eyerer wrote: »
    Gotta laugh at Mourinho complaining about other teams spending

To be fair, Klopp did turn his nose up. Give Jose an inch and he'll run a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is no manager in the PL today that falls for Jose mind games anymore and that winds him up even more which is brilliant.

Klopp, Pep, Conte, Pochettino just get on doing their own jobs working on their own teams and really just ignore him and what he say it's the fans that get wound up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse source than this.

Indykaila says hi.

If rumours are to be believed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is Salah really out for two weeks. Is Sturridge fit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is Salah really out for two weeks. Is Sturridge fit ?

Is he ever?

Sturridge doesn't do football at Christmas, he never did. He likes he's time off and will always have an injury at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Happy New Year all...roll on 2018!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Happy New Year all...roll on 2018!

Our year.

The Mirror is reporting Salah out for a minimum of two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What’s the word on the streets of Egypt?

100m Egyptians using the power of positive thinking will have him heeled enough to make the bench tomorrow.

FIRST

• Advertisement

#ouryear

1 in 8 chance of meeting Barca if we both get through.
    Will be a good victory if it happens

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The Mirror is reporting Salah out for a minimum of two weeks.

Out for the city game isn't ideal.

Sturridge doesn't do football at Christmas, he never did. He likes he's time off and will always have an injury at this time of year.

Surely he's in the raft of the next line of contracts expiring.....only way we're getting rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

1 in 7 so even better odds.

Would be an amazing event if we could get Barca Suarez and Messi under the lights at Anfield. Inesta V Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That would be oh so sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That would be oh so sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

One of my favourite Barca moments is a tribute to my favourite Barca moment.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement