Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The most annoying thing about this is that the refs buy into it and get caught up in the poor journeymen against the big team narrative and give them every little decision.

The ref annoyed the **** out of me the entire game. Fine if he wants to allow them get away with the physical stuff, but let it go for both teams then - he was blowing Mane & Solanke any time they put themselves about. That Barnes threw himself down every time the ball came to him and got a free kick every time.

Can had to be fouled 3 times there before he eventually gave the free kick and both players should have got yellow cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Couldn't watch it. How did Gomez go on the left?

Ok but just didn't look comfortable on his left. Switched off for their goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

50 goals scored. Impressive/

Couldn't watch it. How did Gomez go on the left?

Ball watching for their goal. But done ok other than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

By far my favourite part about that game is how we scored off a free kick that Burnley so desperately wanted to give us, three times they had to swing a boot at Can to take him down and then we bang it in from the free kick, their cynical fouling getting the better of them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Despite drawing 3 -3 at Watford and losing 5 - 0 at City then losing 4 - 1 at Spurs and drawing 3 -3 at Arsenal while conceding 15 goals we still have the second best away record in the league behind City.
    Now that is a fcuking crazy stat.

Says more about how far City are ahead of everyone else than it does us.
    Nice to beat Leicester & Burnley. I'd have been annoyed drawing with either of them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That's probably our 2 ugliest but most satisfying wins of the season in the last few days. Absolutely over the moon here. Going back to work tomorrow won't be so bad now.

Only Spurs and City have beating us. I look forward to the return games at Anfield to get back those 6 pts

****ing lovely

kloppo2-01nrt3.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Huge goal and one I didn't expect at all. Massive three points. Winning these last two games has been so important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That's probably our 2 ugliest but most satisfying wins of the season in the last few days. Absolutely over the moon here. Going back to work tomorrow won't be so bad now.

Barman in Lapellos ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

eigrod wrote: »
    The ref annoyed the **** out of me the entire game. Fine if he wants to allow them get away with the physical stuff, but let it go for both teams then - he was blowing Mane & Solanke any time they put themselves about. That Barnes threw himself down every time the ball came to him and got a free kick every time.

Can had to be fouled 3 times there before he eventually gave the free kick and both players should have got yellow cards.

Solanke was being man handled on the edge of their box and no sign of a free, similarly Mane being dragged down in the box the exact same way he gave a free against Solanke in the corner in the first half.

Hand it over ronnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Fantastic 3 points! Really seeing the benefits of klopp rotation in recent weeks

• Advertisement

Edit: beaten to it.

Not a fear the toffees will win today,no sir eeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

That's the best 3 PTS of the season so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus I think I feel dirty wanting Everton and Big Sam to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Allardyce will do his usual roll over job for United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Jaysus I think I feel dirty wanting Everton and Big Sam to win.

Don’t bother. Sam always rolls over against Man U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfIeldNotion/status/947859283030536192

Starting line up for other matches today... ;)

Oh and props to the Ox for blowing kisses at the Burnley fans... :D

Edit: beaten to it.

I'm not greedy,share the thanks around ,any thread u fancy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Elbusico

Fantastic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Could see a Burnley goal coming all game. Shame it was Gomez switching off as he has played well enough considering being played well out of position. Delighted with the win and more so coming from their cynical fouling. Ref tried his best to give it all to Burnley. How many swipes did they need to take at Can to finally foul him and they didn't even get booked for it!

Gap closed down atm but fully expecting Utd to win the late kick off. Expecting Chelsea to win as well on Wed and spurs tomorrow so the 3 points was vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's a brilliant win great points return over the Xmas.

The Ox is fast becoming a favorite with me very impressed with him on the pitch and off it.

Right now he is the best CM we have hands down ahead of Henderson, Can, Milner & Wijnaldum.

Dare I say future captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

This late game will be unwatchable muck.

Was watching on NBC and after the Mane goal the commentators started talking about how everyone will question Klopp's lineup if we don't win but if we win they'll say it's good rotation, then as soon as Burnley score they start with the "well what does Klopp think he's doing making 7 changes from the last game?" :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The Ox is fast becoming a favorite with me very impressed with him on the pitch and off it.

Right now he is the best CM we have hands down ahead of Henderson, Can, Milner & Wijnaldum.

I credit him with the first goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Unreal.

Was going in off Lovren's header anyway, Klavan just there to make sure of it, at least he knows whether or not he's onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's a super six points we've picked up over this Christmas/New Year period. We seem to have a bit more about us this season in picking up points we might not neccessarily have picked up last year. We have a bit more grit when needed.

Was watching on NBC and after the Mane goal the commentators started talking about how everyone will question Klopp's lineup if we don't win but if we win they'll say it's good rotation, then as soon as Burnley score they start with the "well what does Klopp think he's doing making 7 changes from the last game?" :p

Who was the Scottish so and so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Don't say it, you were saying to give Can 200k a week and make him captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I know all the wins are important but the last two seem more important if you know what I mean

Don't say it, you were saying to give Can 200k a week and make him captain

Ugh.

Can you not enjoy a win? A brilliant win at that.

Imagine if Ragnar was offside while putting a ball in that was already going in.

Ah what am I saying now pro would do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Best win of the season. Absolutely fúcking delighted, and I proper cheered when that goal went in.

Delighted the two CBs were involved too. They've quietly knuckled down and have been very good for a while. Most of our goals against recently have been due to fullbacks switching off or Mig being Mig. Lovren in particular doesn't seem to get the shíts quite as often when Moreno isn't beside him. And Klavan has stepped up big, big, big time...in a way I didn't expect. No nonsense, and his passing has improved immensely.

Ox had another great game, and Klopp seemingly concentrating on him as one of our CM options, rather than a Jack of all trades, is helping IMO. You can see he's loving being at the club.

Finally, it's no coincidence that we hit back to win 2 days after coming from behind to win against Leicester. Something has clicked. We're learning how to win pretty ugly and/or when not being at our brilliant attacking best.

A superb Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I’ll look forward to Burnley being relegated next season.

I don't see that happening, they're a very solid and well organised team and have a goal threat going forward.

Makes the win today even more impressive, absolutely fantastic result. Not at all easy to get a win at Burnley.

Nothing against Burnley (other than Dyche beinga bit of a tool), lots of Irish lads in that team too, should really be every Irish person's second team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He was very good again today. Himself and Lalana had bags of running/pressing in them.

His set pieces have also been very good and I don't remember him hitting the first man to often!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's a window into how the majority of punditry is bullshíttery.

Imagine if Ragnar was offside while putting a ball in that was already going in.

Ah what am I saying now pro would do that.

Probably the only thing that could have made that win more satisfying is if he was offside but it was let stand. The fume would have been glorious.

SlickRic wrote: »

And most fans if we are being honest.

Very few sit back and look at the big picture they look at the moment so it's either sh1t or brillant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    ****ing lovely

kloppo2-01nrt3.gif
    That's more or less saying

Stick that up your gicker

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If this Coutinho thing kicks off and derails our season I'll be fuming. We've done well lately and got some wins from adverse positions which hasn't happened near enough in recent months/years. Long way to go yet, but an extremely good season will be top 4, FA Cup and at least getting past Porto. Top 4 on top of the already qualified from the CL groups alone will make it a fine season, one to build on.

Delighted with that win though, I had entirely ruled out the prospect of us getting a winner as it has been so long that we have got a late goal that affected the outcome.

Wasn't gonna bother with El Busico but might give it a gander for a while after all.

SlickRic wrote: »

Interesting that in the United game Everton passing back and forth across the pitch is using the ball well while us doing it was lacking creativity and penetration.

Rangar deserves a lot of credit since he came into the team there seems to be more of a lot more claim in the defence.

He may not be the best defender in the world but his experience is showing at times when it matters.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement