Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Put it this way I'd rather him beside VVD than Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mignolet is like Lovren when things are going well the Billy Big Balls in them come out and they say something fcuking stupid on social media and then you are guaranteed they will fcuk up in the next game.

Seems Mignolet has a winning streak as captain, who knew, just him it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

not yet wrote: »
    That's more or less saying

Stick that up your gicker

That's not from today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

A win achieved with none of the following players starting is really impressive :

Clyne
    Moreno
    Robertson
    Matip
    Henderson
    Coutinho
    Salah
    Firmino

...and Van Dijk

If we were playing a cup final tomorrow, it’s fair to say at least 6 or 7 of that lot would be expected to start (if fit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

eigrod wrote: »
    A win achieved with none of the following players starting is really impressive :

Moreno

...and Van Dijk

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

https://twitter.com/LFCphoto/status/947879436048912385

Seems they all thought Lovren got the goal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The Ox is fast becoming a favorite with me very impressed with him on the pitch and off it.

Right now he is the best CM we have hands down ahead of Henderson, Can, Milner & Wijnaldum.

Dare I say future captain.
    He would want to add a bit of end product to his game if he is to become a regular. Talk of captaincy is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

eigrod wrote: »

Clyne
    Moreno
    Robertson
    Matip
    Henderson
    Coutinho
    Salah
    Firmino

...and Van Dijk

If we were playing a cup final tomorrow, it’s fair to say at least 6 or 7 of that lot would be expected to start (if fit)

Or Kieta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/LFCphoto/status/947879436048912385

Seems they all thought Lovren got the goal :D

Klavan didn't even know it was his in his post match interview. Asked the reporter if it was his!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Ugh.

Can you not enjoy a win? A brilliant win at that.

Ugh.

I did enjoy the win. A brilliant win at that.

Still, talking Ox as Captain is rubbish at this very premature stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

He would want to add a bit of end product to his game if he is to become a regular. Talk of captaincy is madness.

Absolutely.

He's doing well, good effort and improving. Some getting a bit carried away though I feel.

A long way to go to become a top midfielder and to justify the fee.

Good to see him improving though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

emmetkenny wrote:
    His set pieces have also been very good and I don't remember him hitting the first man to often!!

Thats been a pleasant change. It really baffles me that professional players can't put in half decent corners or free kicks from simple angles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Always liked the ox was very happy when we signed him. Wenger never knew where to play him, he was like the Milner of arsenal. himself and lallana added great energy to midfield today.

Delighted lallana got nearly 90 mins in, winj has been dialling it in for the season time to hit the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

wkm596r6ph701.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mane said he felt unwell during the game which might explain his sour puss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

rob316 wrote: »
    winj has been dialling it in for the season time to hit the bench.
    He’s been really poor. Esp considering he’s never been asked to play that No6 role as Can or Henderson has. Failed to take a great chance to make it 2:0 as well. Def time for him to hit the bench.

Looking in Posts/Moments/Threads 2017 I just saw that today is the 3rd anniversary of the greatest post in the Liverpool superthread history and maybe the Soccer forum and maybe even Boards.ie.

How time flies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone hear anything about us taking Nike to court over the coutinho thing

Looking in Posts/Moments/Threads 2017 I just saw that today is the 3rd anniversary of the greatest post in the Liverpool superthread history and maybe the Soccer forum and maybe even Boards.ie.

How time flies.

What post?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about us taking Nike to court over the coutinho thing

Some ITK tweeted it out earlier that ESPN Brazil reported it.

He then deleted his tweet.

I'm guessing the McBride gif when someone closed their account.

P170101-060-Burnley_Liverpool.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Would love to see VVD play on Friday but don't think he'll be thrown into the deep end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

fyfe79 wrote: »
    OPEN A MATCH THREAD QUICK!! ;)

Having no Match thread is pissing some of those Utd fans off, even a big post about it. Saying how there is no match threads if we are in a run of bad form.

Leaving out that most match threads were destroyed bygone of them who then cry when it’s on the other foot.

I for one say no match threads for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Take away the derby bollocks and it’s another game against a park the bus team.

https://twitter.com/JHenderson/status/947567230799302656

Henderson's message, followed by a barrage of abuse. Not nice, still our captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Having no Match thread is pissing some of those Utd fans off, even a big post about it. Saying how there is no match threads if we are in a run of bad form.

Leaving out that most match threads were destroyed bygone of them who then cry when it’s on the other foot.

I for one say no match threads for the rest of the season

Yeah have i missed something there? What's the obsession with them wanting Liverpool match threads? They can set one up if they want, surely they know we're posting in this thread during the match?

Although they do seem to be turning the Everton - Man U match thread into a Liverpool one the amount about times they keep banging on about LFC in it.

Just as bad as our "fans" saying "contract, sign it" when Emre post's anything on his social media...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah have i missed something there? What's the obsession with them wanting Liverpool match threads? They can set one up if they want, surely they know we're posting in this thread during the match?

Although they do seem to be turning the Everton - Man U match thread into a Liverpool one the amount about times they keep banging on about LFC in it.

Idk they seem to like singing about our players now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just as bad as our "fans" saying "contract, sign it" when Emre post's anything on his social media...

I think the ship has sailed , i can't see Emre being at Liverpool for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

https://twitter.com/JHenderson/status/947567230799302656

Henderson's message, followed by a barrage of abuse. Not nice, still our captain.

I'd never be on Twitter if i was a pro footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'd never be on Twitter if i was a pro footballer.

All Social Media for them is another income stream really that's why they are on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mouth breathers on Twitter giving sh1t. that's the way of the world unfortunately, not even reserved for Twitter, same here but at least it's not personally sent to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

All Social Media for them is another income stream really that's why they are on it.

Yea, just post your message and dont read the replys would probably be the way to go....

1 - Ragnar Klavan's goal for Liverpool is the first scored by an Estonian player in Premier League history. New.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/947874103901544448

I think the ship has sailed , i can't see Emre being at Liverpool for next season

Ah yeah I know that, just referring to the grief hendo got posting his best of 9 picture thingy on Instagram, them comments from our so called fans were ridiculous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Post 4447 in that latest super thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Dreadful stuff. Any true Liverpool fan watching him this season would never say such an awful thing :pac:

Milkers wrote: »
    Dreadful stuff. Any true Liverpool fan watching him this season would never say such an awful thing :pac:

"Sign that Juve contract Emre"

LoL

"Sign that Juve contract Emre"

LoL

With the way he is playing at times almost gives a whiff of he is on the verge of signing for another team

Capturexxx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭limnam

Capturexxx.jpg

Yay, you won something!

The VVD effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

10 pts from Leicester and Burnley - the two arch-bastard-to-play teams, is going to be difficult for anyone to better.

Great work in the last month all told, despite the little wobble against Everton and West Brom and the wastage against Arsenal.

I was just thinking that neither I or anyone else believes that we can score when we need to in situations like this.
    I'm not sure if our two CBs creating the goal makes a case for or against that.

It was a decent performance against a pain in the hole of a football team, as with Leicester and a phenomenal end to this run of fixtures.

Think we're up to the magic 2ppg.

I'd want it to be a bit more like 80 pts to feel secure in CL but it's quite likely we're doing enough at the moment (evidenced by actually being in the CL spots).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really impressed by the fight shown by the team in the last two games, think 12 months ago they could have ended up with two points from those games rather than six.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm not that bothered about the FA Cup to be honest so would happily see Salah and Coutinho sit it out (bench for Couts) and give more time to Ox_Cham and Lallana.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement