Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sign him up! Cant be any worse than Lovren!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We Come from the land of the ice and snow ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hddgjgcbyfcjifvbudgjyfgkj

Your Estonian is quite good.

Pepijin Linders has left the club to go manage NEC Nijmegen

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/948101655257546752

Best of luck to him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Vicxas wrote: »
    Pepijin Linders has left the club to go manage NEC Nijmegen

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/948101655257546752

Best of luck to him!

Not the best timing. I wonder who'll replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Linders leaving is going to be a huge lose to the whole underage coaching side of the club he has played a huge part in recent years bringing through some great talented youngsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Charlie19 wrote: »
    1st Reply to Linda's tweet earlier.

https://twitter.com/VirgilTheKing/status/947881108334505984

Some absolute bellends on Twitter.

That very same guy was on the first reply to hendos new year message calling him crap and on Can's telling him to get out of the club

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Have to say klavan has turned out to be a good signing. He is a decent back up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that's bad news - Linders was the technical glue between the academy and the seniors, luckily since the re-organisation they've managed to find good people with each new appointment so hopefully they've nicked someone from City's Elite Development Squad set up :)

(obviously send all the kids to Nijmegen)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ragnar has been brilliant the last month or two,
    I know it might go against public opinion but he's been our best CB this season , I don't think its even close to be honest, He is not the long term solution by any means but he's done himself proud,
    Matip should be brilliant but seems to be prone to making silly mistakes hopefully he can iron it out of his game,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Have to say klavan has turned out to be a good signing. He is a decent back up .

He's grand, does the simple stuff well, realistically no where near good enough for a team looking to advance to the latter stages of the CL. With his extended run in the side, he's gotten more confident moving into midfield and has tried to ping a few long passes.

I have a funny feeling Lovren and VVD are going to be the 1st choice CB pairing not Matip and VVD. I don't think Lovren is good enough but maybe Klopp sees something in him that a strong CB could bring out and compliment each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Used to really like Barca, some of the greatest football and players you could hope to watch. But as a club they are a disgrace, they haven't an ounce of class or humility and the shenanigans over Coutinho should see them penalised by UEFA/FIFA.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this Nike incident originated at Barcelona and is the latest deliberate ploy on the part of the club's hierarchy to ratchet up the pressure on Liverpool.

And the timing of the advert as well. Bastids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Ardent wrote: »
    Used to really like Barca, some of the greatest football and players you could hope to watch. But as a club they are a disgrace, they haven't an ounce of class or humility and the shenanigans over Coutinho should see them penalised by UEFA/FIFA.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this Nike incident originated at Barcelona and is the latest deliberate ploy on the part of the club's hierarchy to ratchet up the pressure on Liverpool.

I'm sure there are Barca fans who are disgusted with the behaviour of the board. I know some find the Qatar deal abhorrent and are demanding that Bartomeu steps down.

The whole thing is disappointing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

brevity wrote: »
    I'm sure there are Barca fans who are disgusted with the behaviour of the board. I know some find the Qatar deal abhorrent and are demanding that Bartomeu steps down.

The whole thing is disappointing really.

The man seems to be acting like a 2 year old of this transfer , defo think they should stop the games sit down sort it out with the club. If coutinho is to be sold then at least respect his contract with the club. Do it in private and not use alot of crap house tactics to unsettle the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

When will Mane be back from Ghana, he'll be sleeping on way home it seems. Really need him for Everton game with Salah missing.

Ghana is in the same time zone as England is there will be little to no jet lag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ardent wrote: »

First thing I thought was dirty tricks.

The one thing that impressed me more than anything else in the last two games was the players started to be cynical with time wasting putting balls out of play etc that's the kind of sh1t we need to be doing more of when winning a close game.

Can kicking the ball out of play down the pitch in the Leicester game at the end nearly got as big a cheer out of me at the winning goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

I see guillem ballague is at it now saying that we are now considering all options with coutinho, sell now sell now for the summer but not selling at all seems to be the last one to be considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I see guillem ballbag is at it now saying that we are now considering all options with coutinho, sell now sell now for the summer but not selling at all seems to be the last one to be considered.

The timing of the "injury" is the only thing that would have me slightly concerned, occurring just as the window opened, I didn't see him struggling during the match.

I see guillem ballbag is at it now saying that we are now considering all options with coutinho, sell now sell now for the summer but not selling at all seems to be the last one to be considered.

160 Million for him gone in the summer is very hard to turn down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Coutinho can stay put until the summer.

He's shown that his form will not be hampered if he stays.

Basically, Barcelona can fúck off with their fúcking nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Listen lets be honest Phil will be leaving. It could be this window, it could be the summer. Or in fact he could give us another season. But he will leave. He wont finish his career here. Barca are also the most interested in him and have been very vocal about it. Putting two and two together and pretending you know about an impending transfer deal is not really that difficult in this situation. It would be like me saying that Griezmann is very close to deciding his future and is going to decide where his future lies. Its psychic 101. Vague open statements that seem to be detailed but really are not.

I am pretty sure Phil was rested as oppose to having a real injury. He played almost the whole game against Leicester. I think he came off with a minute to spare (plus injury time). There was no way he was gonna play less 48 hours later. Mane Gomez and Can are the only ones who started both games. Aside from that it was a fully changed side.

Maybe Phil picked up a knock. Maybe he was left out due to an impending transfer. Or maybe he was just rested and a "knock" was used as an excuse to try to avoid speculation (which had the opposite affect).

He will probably not play against Everton either but I expect Phil to be starting against City along with Salah Mane and VVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

160 Million for him gone in the summer is very hard to turn down.

I dont care how much he goes for. If he goes he goes. But I would hope that we would wait until after the world cup and even sell him to PSG just to f@@k Barca off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

What good is Coutinho to Barca this side of the summer? They already have the League wrapped up, he is CL cup tied. They are in a good place. If he goes and yes he probably will, then we should be waiting until the summer for sure. We've built up pretty decent head of steam last few weeks and with more additions could be a decent season.

Lets hope that common sense prevails. Hardly any point in being so adamant about keeping him in august then letting him go mid season.

Mr.H wrote: »
    I dont care how much he goes for. If he goes he goes. But I would hope that we would wait until after the world cup and even sell him to PSG just to f@@k Barca off

I would love, LOVE if PSG came in for him for less than Barca and we sent him on his merry way.

Madrid could still come in for him there season is in tatters in Spain compared to Barca and need a huge rebuild.

Ronnie, Bale & Benzema will all be finished there soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

What good is Coutinho to Barca this side of the summer? They already have the League wrapped up, he is CL cup tied. They are in a good place. If he goes and yes he probably will, then we should be waiting until the summer for sure. We've built up pretty decent head of steam last few weeks and with more additions could be a decent season.

Lets hope that common sense prevails. Hardly any point in being so adamant about keeping him in august then letting him go mid season.

I imagine they're worried he has a brilliant world cup in the summer and jacks up his price even more, Brazil have won pretty much every game since their new manager came in and alot are tipping them to win it in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,116 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He won't leave in January IMO. We held strong in the summer, and will do the same now. Wait until we meet our season expectations and then consider the transfer in summer.

A Barca fan I know from home has basically told me to avoid all the Spanish papers this month as they are totally unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

FitzShane wrote: »
    He won't leave in January IMO. We held strong in the summer, and will do the same now. Wait until we meet our season expectations and then consider the transfer in summer.

A Barca fan I know from home has basically told me to avoid all the Spanish papers this month as they are totally unreliable.

Luckily living in Clare we don't get many of the Spanish papers here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,116 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

niallo27 wrote: »

Probably should have added than the Spanish papers tend to be quoted by the English ones then & so forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

All the stories about Coutiniho going on strike appear to be coming from here: https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/coutinho-quiere-volver-jugar-con-liverpool-6527325

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

You just reminded me of the Fr Ted scene where they're welcoming Henry sellars

"If you need anything at all just ask. Except the English papers"

Tusky wrote: »
    All the stories about Coutiniho going on strike appear to be coming from here: https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/coutinho-quiere-volver-jugar-con-liverpool-6527325

Isn't sport.es a Barca rag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Isn't sport.es a Barca rag?

Yes so I wouldn't pay much heed to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

The one thing that impressed me more than anything else in the last two games was the players started to be cynical with time wasting putting balls out of play etc that's the kind of sh1t we need to be doing more of when winning a close game.

Can kicking the ball out of play down the pitch in the Leicester game at the end nearly got as big a cheer out of me at the winning goal.

This is what other teams do to us. It’s about time we did the same. Hope they keep at it.

Not even in Spanish Point?

Coutinho is celebrating goals again, cos clearly he's happy that he'll be freed from the hell of Liverpool very soon! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If the club sell our best player coutinho in january i will be baffled beyond beleif. Would make zero sense as we would be sure to earn more in the summer if we were to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Re:Klavan and Lovren, and the improvement in form recently.
    This has coincided with the Moreno injury. If you ask me, it's no coincidence really, instead of a header at LB, Robertson and even at times Milner /Gomez have come on and just played the position, without going AWOL (gomez mistake yesterday notwithstanding), or giving away stupid possession or fouls in dangerous positions. The perceived attacking disadvantage of not having moreno bombing forward hasn't materialised either, Robertson has been good in possession, and has a sense of how to get home too.
    No defender could play well while looking for the next moreno fvck up to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If Coutinho is sold this window then it will be a huge PR disaster for FSG unless a big money signing is made immediately.

Makes zero sense to sell him now after digging the heels in during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

We won't sell this January, all the noise is coming from Barca again, same as in the summer. It's a mixture of them trying to unsettle the player and their genuine arrogance that they think because they want him they will get him (didn't quite work out like that in the summer though did it?)

We may not even sell in the summer. Why not hang on another year?

I see a bidding war in the summer with PSG getting involved (maybe Madrid too, but likely they'll go for Hazard).

In the current market I don't think we'll let him go for less than 150m. Could even look for 200m. Pride and prestige will get involved if it's PSG vs Barca.

If they're not willing to front silly cash then what's to stop us saying no for another year? His contract runs til he's 30 right? Still loads of great years ahead of him. We could still sell him for silly money in 2019.

We're in a strong position here. We either keep a fantastic player or get a ludicrous fee.

We shouldn't be getting riled up by Barca's arrogance and dirty publicity tactics.

I'd like to see Liverpool's media whores and idiot ITKs develop a campaign based around Liverpool meeting Barcelona in the Champions League and how Coutinho will knock them out/beat them in the final. Obviously just a bit of fun.

Melissa reddy is saying that we are ready to do a keita type deal for him, in that we agree everything with them now and he joins them in the summer

Well that's fair enough to a point planning is good for Liverpool as well, the point being £130m at least and £100m of that one one payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So when do we all expect to see Virgil start a game, I reckon it'll be away to Swansea,
    Can't see Jurgen throwing him in against City likely hood is they will beat us and people will be on VVD back already saying he hasn't made a difference,

• Advertisement

Flanagan pleads guilty I wonder is that him done at the club now.

Terminate his contract and let him go.

Pearce saying it now as well, so thats two usual club mouthpieces pretty much saying the same thing

This summer remains the most likely departure time for Coutinho. Agreeing a deal this month for July might just suit all parties.

Coutinho gets his wish, Barca get their man and Klopp has time to plot the future without him.

Can only hope so, he's hanging about the club like a bad Markovic. No future at the club and that should be clear even to him. Someone can give him a job.

- edit Flannagan obviously, not Coutinho.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/philippe-coutinho-pushes-liverpool-to-consider-a-british/1fy288nv8hev916lh7tx39f8tk?__twitter_impression=true

The above is a link to the Melissa Reddy article. Seems to back up what Ballague has been saying.

Think she is quite well connected?

Hopefully we have a deal for a suitable replacement lined up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Enzokk wrote: »
    Sure there are other Phiippe Coutinho's out there, but how many are called a little magician and how many are linked with Barcelona?

Who knows? Just becuase some people refer to him as that doesn't mean it's Intellectual Property or a term unique to him. I bet friends of other "Philippe Coutinho's" in the world take the pi$$ out of them and also refer to them as magician this and magician that. We all know who they are referring to but that doesn't mean they are in breach of any law or any contract.
    how many are linked with Barcelona?

Who knows? How would you prove that none of the other Philippe Coutinho's in the world are "linked" (whatever that actually means in legal terms) with Barcelona?
    Its pretty clear who they meant going to play for Barcelona and who's shirts they were trying to sell.

Correct but what law or contract does that breach?
    Either there is agreement to sell him to Barcelona already, which I would think would have leaked already seeing that Barcelona likes to use their sources in the media a lot, or this was another attempt to try and pressure the move for Barcelona.

Likely the latter but again Nike are not bound bby any tapping up type FIFA regulations so they can speculate all they like. Just like Paddy Power speculate about Coutinho being the first to score against XXX and offer 14/1 odds on it. Paddy Power do it to sell more bets. Nike speculate to sell more Shirt. End of.
    It could also just have been a mistake, but who goes through the trouble of making up a page for a player that is not for sale?

I'd say LFc had their VVD page made up and ready to go months before Southampton put him up for sale. sauce for the goose and all that.
    I don't see other clubs shipping Sanchez shirts on their website.

So it was likely an over eager marketing person who accidentally published a page they had prepared for when, as expected, Coutinho moves to Barcelona whether that is in this transfer window or the next.
    I like the Barcelona team, I dislike the club and how they are going about their business. No club is clean when it comes to transfers, but the arrogance of the club is astounding.

And to think they are owned by their fans. I guess that's one argument against fan ownership.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement