Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Id say in the back of his mind he is terrified a good world cup and Liverpool will completely price him out of a move to Barca.

The club need to be strong here. Big clubs don't sell their best players in January. Id even let Barca have him for 10million cheaper provided he gets his head down until end of season.

150 to 175million should be the market price simple as that. He has a long term contract with no release clause. If he wants to act the prick them let him.

On a side note I'd say this is one of reasons Emre Can is looking for a minimum release clause. Liverpool is becoming harder to force a move from when bigger clubs come calling. And damn right we should be, for too long we have been letting top players leave for below market value because "they didn't wanna pull on the red shirt anymore"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

brevity wrote: »
    Ramadan Sobhi from Stoke is a rumour floating around.

**** sake thats more depressing than lanzini as coutinhos replacement.

Embaressing if we sell coutinho for anything under 150 million and dont have his replacement already signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

If ye all could stop tweeting in various languages other than english that'd be swell - If you want the thanks - Do the translation!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ricero wrote: »
    **** sake thats more depressing than lanzini as coutinhos replacement.

Embaressing if we sell coutinho for anything under 150 million and dont have his replacement already signed.

Well the van Dijk deal didn't woo you for long.

Can Virgil play #10ish :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Morning,

Trying to find out when Sky/BT will release the next round of TV fixtures, so I can try beat the price surge with Ryanair. No joy with google, anyone on hear any info? They only go as far as end of February & trying to pin down home fixture in April.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Looks like the club have been briefing the usual people, below is a link to Andy Hunters article in the Guardian. Fair to say if Barca want Coutinho in this window, they just need to pay the fee.

If Barca can't pay the fee, Coutinho cannot blame Liverpool for blocking his path and there should be no reason why he doesn't knuckle down for the remainder of the season. The fee is reasonable in this market too.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/02/liverpool-to-demand-huge-fee-from-barcelona-for-philippe-coutinho-january-sale?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Football's a strange employer. If mine stopped me leaving I'd burn the place to the ground (figuratively speaking), granted they don't pay me 100 grand a week but still. Really can't muster any dislike for the player as I kind of see where he's coming from and in fairness to him he hasn't acted out, at least publicly, trying to force it through. Of course if he leaves and we finish 5th it will colour my view but as a fan I'm entitled to be irrational.
    The nonsense from Barcelona makes it harder to stomach, for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Looks like the club have been briefing the usual people, below is a link to Andy Hunters article in the Guardian. Fair to say if Barca want Coutinho in this window, they just need to pay the fee.

If Barca can't pay the fee, Coutinho cannot blame Liverpool for blocking his path and there should be no reason why he doesn't knuckle down for the remainder of the season. The fee is reasonable in this market too.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/02/liverpool-to-demand-huge-fee-from-barcelona-for-philippe-coutinho-january-sale?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true
    Am i right in reading that as a £90M offer, +add ons.???? Cheap as chips, especially if the add ons are like what was quoted in the summer, winning Balon d'Or and World cups and what not. Its only VVD +15M change FFS....

It looks like his people are pushing the move now, which is disappointing tbh. He's worth a lot financially to Liverpool over the next 5 months, in terms of EPL top 4 and UCL knock outs, and this has to be factored in as well.

Am I right in thinking that if we can push through the Keita deal this window, he would be eligible to play for us in the CL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Am I right in thinking that if we can push through the Keita deal this window, he would be eligible to play for us in the CL?

Don't think so as he has played for RB Leipzig.

Same as Coutinho cannot play for Barcelona.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't think so as he has played for RB Leipzig.

Same as Coutinho cannot play for Barcelona.

Barca remain in the CL whereas RB Leipzig do not? There was a good post on it here yesterday which suggested we could register Lemar if he signed, think Keita is in the same position.

5starpool wrote: »
    No. Here are the rules.

A club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the knockout stage. Such registration must be completed by midnight CET on 2 February 2016.

One player from the above quota of three can have been fielded in a group stage by another club in the current season, provided that the player has not been fielded:

In the same competition for another club; OR
    For another club that is currently in the same competition (applies specifically to third-placed UEFA Champions League teams joining the UEFA Europa League)
    One or more players from the above quota of three can be registered even if they have been fielded by another club in the first, second or third qualifying round, and/or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

This is the one.

Actually reading that again, I don't think either would be eligible. I think this covers players who have already played group stage in the Europa League being eligible for the knockout stage of the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

“It’s difficult. I would look at Sanchez from Arsenal as there may be a bit of movement there,” McClaren told Sky Sports.

“£160 million is a lot of money. You can buy a lot for that [but] Liverpool won’t want to lose Coutinho’s quality.

“I could [see Sanchez at Anfield]. Sanchez will be ambitious and he’s that type of player that could replace Coutinho.

Steve McLaren obviously forgetting the Suarez saga a while back.....

Can we not just do like we did with Keita and Leipzig and agree a transfer for Coutinho to Barcelona in the summer at a ridiculous price of course?

Wouldn't that keep everyone happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Vicxas wrote: »
    Steve McLaren obviously forgetting the Suarez saga a while back.....

Yeah, we all know Sanchez doesn't want to live anywhere but London... oh wait.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Football's a strange employer. If mine stopped me leaving I'd burn the place to the ground (figuratively speaking), granted they don't pay me 100 grand a week but still. Really can't muster any dislike for the player as I kind of see where he's coming from and in fairness to him he hasn't acted out, at least publicly, trying to force it through. Of course if he leaves and we finish 5th it will colour my view but as a fan I'm entitled to be irrational.

A normal employment contract has a notice period for both sides, typically 1 month so an every day employer can never stop someone leaving.

A football contract is signed with no notice periods. Clauses get entered and Phil has no release clause therefore the club don't have to sell for any amount if they don't want to. Phil in turn can decide to not play for Liverpool and run down his contract but he has another 4 years left so it would be a waste of a career.

It looks from the outside that it's accepted he will leave with Liverpool assuming it will be in the summer.

Why Barca and Phil are pushing now is annoying. Maybe he wants to get to Barca now and play enough games by the end of the season to win a La Liga medal.

If he does push through the transfer I would love it if we went on to win the CL this season just like in 2005 after Owen messed around with the club in the summer of 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yes they could if they word it cleverly enough, just like Paddy Power use club and sports person names all the time in their adverts.

What Nike did may not be nice but it doesn't break any laws, or regulations they are bound by or any contracts they are party to. They didn't use Liverpool football clubs logo add they didn't use an image of Coutinho. They used the name Philippe Coutinho of which there is more than one and they didn't name Liverpool in any way which is why you won't see FSG, New Balance or anyone else waste money mounting a case that has no merit and no hope of success.

With all respect Je Suis Jean you have been spouting this sh1te for a couple of days now on here and it is getting tiring.

You are correct to say that there is indeed more than one Philipe Coutinho in the world, nobody disputes this.

But if you were a lawyer for Nike claiming that Nikes blog post was really about a completely different Philipe Coutinho (perhaps the lesser known Philipe Coutinho of Ballyjamesmacduff?) then you would be laughed out of court, and rightfully so.

Judges interpret the law and in civil cases like this a judges decision making is made on the "balance of probabilities". Judges have to listen to lots of stupid arguments but they are not obliged to believe or accept them.

In any event not only did Nike name Philipe Coutinho but they also called him a magician. Anyone who has ever watched Coutinho play football is agreed that he is is indeed a magician. It is as clear as day who Nike were talking about when they referenced a new signing for Barca, to claim otherwise is just being obtuse.

Am i right in reading that as a £90M offer, +add ons.???? Cheap as chips, especially if the add ons are like what was quoted in the summer, winning Balon d'Or and World cups and what not. Its only VVD +15M change FFS....

It looks like his people are pushing the move now, which is disappointing tbh. He's worth a lot financially to Liverpool over the next 5 months, in terms of EPL top 4 and UCL knock outs, and this has to be factored in as well.

I think that was the bid that had been rejected in the summer.

The only positive in all of this is the return of Lallana, I think he can be a creative force for us in Coutinhos absence. Don't know where the goals will come from unless Mane really kicks on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Muahahaha wrote: »
    With all respect Je Suis Jean you have been spouting this sh1te for a couple of days now on here and it is getting tiring.

You are correct to say that there is indeed more than one Philipe Coutinho in the world, nobody disputes this.

But if you were a lawyer for Nike claiming that Nikes blog post was really about a completely different Philipe Coutinho (perhaps the lesser known Philipe Coutinho of Ballyjamesmacduff?) then you would be laughed out of court, and rightfully so.

Judges interpret the law and in civil cases like this a judges decision making is made on the "balance of probabilities". Judges have to listen to lots of stupid arguments but they are not obliged to believe or accept them.

In any event not only did Nike name Philipe Coutinho but they also called him a magician. Anyone who has ever watched Coutinho play football is agreed that he is is indeed a magician. It is as clear as day who Nike were talking about when they referenced a new signing for Barca, to claim otherwise is just being obtuse.

Of course it is and I confirmed that in my posts which were addressing the unchallenged statements that LFC and/or Couthinho and/or New Balance have a clear case against Nike when the reality is they don't for the reasons I outlined.

The proof of this is 1) no one thus far has been able to demonstrate what if any libel, copyright or other laws Nike have actually infringed and 2) there is absolutely no sign of any of the alleged injured parties initiating such a case.

Q. If the case was so clear and winnable why wouldn't the injured parties come straight out to attack Nike and pursue a case against them?

A. Because there is no case.

End of.

Sorry the facts are upsetting you Muahahaha and making you tired. Why don't you have a little nap, you'll feel much better afterwards.

Have-a-nap1514975016.gif

Of course it is and I confirmed that in my posts which were addressing the unchallenged statements that LFC and/or Couthinho and/or New Balance have a clear case against Nike when the reality is they don't for the reasons I outlined.

The proof of this is 1) no one thus far has been able to demonstrate what if any libel, copyright or other laws Nike have actually infringed and 2) there is absolutely no sign of any of the alleged injured parties initiating such a case.

Q. If the case was so clear and winnable why wouldn't the injured parties come straight out to attack Nike and pursue a case against them?

End of.

Sorry the facts are upsetting you Muahahaha and making you tired. Why don't you have a little nap, you'll feel much better afterwards.

Have-a-nap1514975016.gif

Liverpool were guilty previously of saying Clint Dempsey was a Liverpool player while he was still at Fulham and had to issue a public apology after Fulham made a complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Probably sums all our feelings up tbh

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/948488614094295040

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Liverpool were guilty previously of saying Clint Dempsey was a Liverpool player while he was still at Fulham and had to issue a public apology after Fulham made a complaint.

Liverpool are a PL club bound by PL rules on tapping up etc etc. Nike aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I think that was the bid that had been rejected in the summer.

The only positive in all of this is the return of Lallana, I think he can be a creative force for us in Coutinhos absence. Don't know where the goals will come from unless Mane really kicks on.
    This may be the catalyst for the move now. Coutinho may have been told last Summer that he wasn't allowed leave as Lallana had gotten injured. Lallana is back now so he's pushing for the move he may have been told would happen when there was sufficient cover.

All speculation based on nothing other than how highly Klopp obviously rates Lallana.

Knex. wrote: »
    Probably sums all our feelings up tbh

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/948488614094295040

I think it does sum up all our feelings ref the Coutinho situation. If he leaves mid season it could have a detrimental impact on the remainder of the season so we'd prefer if he stayed, even if that was on a Kieta type basis.

The only issue I have with Carragher's tweet is that Coutinho going on strike would damage him.

If he does go on strike but still gets his move to Barca and still gets selected by Brazil for the WC what damage will he have suffered other than leaving a sour taste with LFC fans? It doesn't seem to have affected Mascherano too much. He does have some regrets now that he "left something toxic" at Liverpool but he also said "I did not like it but it was my chance. A club like this is not going to come looking for you two years in a row. If you say no, they look for someone else. That's the reality. I fought for that and here I am."

Coutinho knows if he goes on strike the reward of getting a move to Barcelona will outweigh any negatives he leaves behind at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Morning,

Trying to find out when Sky/BT will release the next round of TV fixtures, so I can try beat the price surge with Ryanair. No joy with google, anyone on hear any info? They only go as far as end of February & trying to pin down home fixture in April.

Cheers.

25 January for march fixtures , 26th February for April fixtures , 6 April for may fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The age of the player, the length of the contract, the fact he is just peaking, his 2017 performances, the joy that he is to watch, the fact he is a guaranteed improvement on the squad, the current market -

You have to take into account all these things when thinking how much Coutinho is worth.

Rival fans I know are scoffing at 150m euro thinking it's an absurd overpayment and Coutinho is not worth it.

For me anything less than that and I will be hugely disappointed, particularly if it's to be this January.

I get that the club is under pressure and keeping a wantaway is difficult, but we hold all the cards. He's under contract until 2022, until he's 30.

VVD went for £75m, Lukaku went for £75m, fees are going up and up. It will take 90m euro to bring in Lemar who looks a top player but probably isn't quite in that Coutinho bracket.

If we sell for 130m euro like is being touted, get Lemar, then we have another 40m euro or so - to spend on what? What guarantee of player do you get for that fee in this market? Maybe a top left back (but how good?), maybe an upgrade on Karius / Migs (but how guaranteed good a GK do you get for 40m?)

My point is that guaranteed quality is hard to come by and a huge premium should be paid. And that I still think our squad will be overall weakened if we sell Coutinho for the fee being touted and invest all of the money back into the market.

Barca will be getting an absolute superstar, just entering his prime, will likely be one of the world's best players for the next 5-10 years, magic to watch, the type of player that gets you out of your seat, a very very special player.

I can get on board with a deal agreed in the summer, £150m up front and a further 20-50 in add-ons. Reluctantly I can see why we might accept it. The player ultimately wants to go.

Anything less or seeing him go this window and I'll be bitterly disappointed.

I think it does sum up all our feelings ref the Coutinho situation. If he leaves mid season it could have a detrimental impact on the remainder of the season so we'd prefer if he stayed, even if that was on a Kieta type basis.

The only issue I have with Carragher's tweet is that Coutinho going on strike would damage him.

If he does go on strike but still gets his move to Barca and still gets selected by Brazil for the WC what damage will he have suffered other than leaving a sour taste with LFC fans? It doesn't seem to have affected Mascherano too much. He does have some regrets now that he "left something toxic" at Liverpool but he also said "I did not like it but it was my chance. A club like this is not going to come looking for you two years in a row. If you say no, they look for someone else. That's the reality. I fought for that and here I am."

Coutinho knows if he goes on strike the reward of getting a move to Barcelona will outweigh any negatives he leaves behind at Liverpool.

That's actually a very good point. Couple that with the noise around Barca going for Ozil and Griezmann, and Coutinho could well be thinking that he may miss his opportunity if it was left til the Summer.

But that said, if a deal can be done now to allow him to go in the Summer, he can't play in the CL for Barca anyway, and the league is pretty much won for them, then they probably won't look elsewhere.

I'm resigned to him leaving now, I just hope we can get the rest of the season out of him. It would be very damaging to lose him now, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Morzadec wrote: »

If we sell for 130m euro like is being touted, get Lemar, then we have another 40m euro or so - to spend on what? What guarantee of player do you get for that fee in this market? Maybe a top left back (but how good?), maybe an upgrade on Karius / Migs (but how guaranteed good a GK do you get for 40m?)

That guy at Fulham - Sessegnon? Might be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That guy at Fulham - Sessegnon? Might be an option.

Fulham have fought us off many many times from him.

Apparently Real are interested in him....

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Fulham have fought us off many many times from him.

Apparently Real are interested in him....

Well I guess we have a big wedge of cash now that might make things easier.

Iirc, the biggest stumbling block is moving from London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

End of.

Yeah you see now I know you are just a bar stool lawyer by your above quote. If you knew anything about litigation you would know that the vast majority of cases never even get to court and are settled behind closed doors.

Have you any proof that no legal action has been initiated by FSG and/or New Balance? No, no you dont but yet here you are claiming they have no case. You are stating that no "laws or regulations" have been broken, that does not matter a jot in a civil case, it is damages the club and New Balance would be seeking, not some arbitrary proof of a law being broken. If company A does something to company B that can be proved to damage companies Bs income then there is a case for damages. "End of", as you say.

https://twitter.com/BrazilStat/status/948483047560761344

Apparently the source is sketchy but the player is highly rated.

Liverpool have money and need a keeper so that where the story is coming from I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

gimli2112 wrote: »

But part of the contract weekly wage is predicated on the length of the contract. Had he been signing for a shorter term then the wages and any other bonus' would have been impacted.

The player entered into a contract freely, after considering all his options (or at least should have). Why not include a buy-out clause, probably because to make it palatable it would have effected the wages etc so it was left out.

That was a choice that he made. It is really bad form to then turn around within a few months and decide that you want out.

If players really want the freedom then they should only sign one year contracts and suffer the drop in the wages they will get due to that stance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://twitter.com/BrazilStat/status/948483047560761344

Apparently the source is sketchy but the player is highly rated.

Liverpool have money and need a keeper so that where the story is coming from I guess.

Seems highly rated. Has played 20 times for Brazil too, though you'd imagine the emergence of Ederson might put a stop to that. Very little competition there previously.

Didn't get a single game last season behind Szczęsny but since he moved on, Alisson hasn't missed a game.

We've also been linked with Kevin Trapp of PSG. Apparently he is desperate to move this month to salvage his World Cup hopes. He's behind Areola in the pecking order at PSG. I wonder if it is just a case of "German keeper needing a move + German manager needing a keeper = speculation" though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not a single word from Coutinho in that article, nothing in it other than guff that has been around for the last few days, plus a punt by the author that Cout is off.

Cout could very well be off , but that article doesnt really make me change me believe any more that it will be this transfer window

Paul Joyce probably the most reliable Journo for LFC related news though. Not saying its 100% accurate but I think its true enough.
    Paul Joyce may well be 100% accurate but it doesn't mean Phil is right
    All he is saying is that Phil is confident of getting his move which he may be but that doesn't mean it will happen ,

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But part of the contract weekly wage is predicated on the length of the contract. Had he been signing for a shorter term then the wages and any other bonus' would have been impacted.

The player entered into a contract freely, after considering all his options (or at least should have). Why not include a buy-out clause, probably because to make it palatable it would have effected the wages etc so it was left out.

That was a choice that he made. It is really bad form to then turn around within a few months and decide that you want out.

If players really want the freedom then they should only sign one year contracts and suffer the drop in the wages they will get due to that stance.

I would say at the time he did not know of any interest from Barcelona and was totally committed to Liverpool.

Now his head has been turned and the non-buyout clause is a huge bonus for Liverpool as they can name their price.

All well and good saying it's bad form but it's not much different to Liverpool buying VVD who was only 1 year into a 6 year contract when we started to chase him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think a Keita tyoe deal is best for everyone,
    Barca get there man, Phil gets his move and we get him motivated untill the end of the season,
    Tell Barca 150 million and he's there's , tell Phil he can go but its up to Barca if they want him or not if they don't want to pay 150 million then its there fault not ours,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Journo with FourFourTwo Marcus Alves says Coutinho doesn't intend to play for us again, and the deal should be done in the next few days.

i'll lose a little respect for Philippe if he pushes this through now.

Pretty much what Joyce said yesterday so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

SlickRic wrote: »
    Journo with FourFourTwo Marcus Alves says Coutinho doesn't intend to play for us again, and the deal should be done in the next few days.

i'll lose a little respect for Philippe if he pushes this through now.

He did turn up at training yesterday with Fat Coutinho (his brother) so it's not looking good if that's the case...

Bit of a shame if he goes in this window with us still in the C.L and him being cup tied...

Surely we have to get his replacement signed before we sell him on. I will be shocked and disgusted if we sell coutinho this window and dont have a replacement signed for the rest of the season.

It would be complete amateur hour stuff if that scenario was to happen. It would show me also that van dijk was funded and signed knowing phil was out the door in janauary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fieldog wrote: »
    He did turn up at training yesterday with Fat Coutinho (his brother) so it's not looking good if that's the case...

Bit of a shame if he goes in this window with us still in the C.L and him being cup tied...

Like, I understand that Barcelona is like opium to the likes of him, but I still don't understand why he can't be ok to just wait until the summer. he can't play in the Champions League, and La Liga is won, so he'll have no real influence over that.

i suppose when you want opium, you'll get it whenever you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

My attitude would be. You can have him now for X (silly sum of money) or you can have him in the summer for X less 10-15%. Hard to see us signing a direct replacement in this window but we are well covered in that area for our league ambitions. Phil would give us better prospects in the champions league (provided he was trying)

ricero wrote: »
    Surely we have to get his replacement signed before we sell him on. I will be shocked and disgusted if we sell coutinho this window and dont have a replacement signed for the rest of the season.

It would be complete amateur hour stuff if that scenario was to happen. It was show me also that van dijk was funded and signed knowing phil was out the door in janauary.

Can you please stop with this nonesense. The club went after VVD in June and were paying the price then except it all got ballsed up. They paid the 58 million for Keita last summer that you said they also wouldn't pay. They paid 35 mill for Ox and 40 mill for Salah. 8 mill for Robertson and they kept hold of Coutinho which you doubted they would.

Coutinho wants to go! The club are doing their best to get maximum return on the player they have invested in. It's not to balance the bloody books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dunkin Doughnuts alert

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/948531915564503040
    Barcelona and Liverpool meeting on Philippe Coutinho transfer. Liverpool line up Thomas Lemar as replacement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Can you please stop with this nonesense. The club went after VVD in June and were paying the price then except it all got ballsed up. They paid the 58 million for Keita last summer that you said they also wouldn't pay. They paid 35 mill for Ox and 40 mill for Salah. 8 mill for Robertson and they kept hold of Coutinho which you doubted they would.

Coutinho wants to go! The club are doing their best to get maximum return on the player they have invested in. It's not to balance the bloody books.

We will see if the club are or are not balancing the books if they dont spend the cash they make off of phil on his replacement and other parts of the squad that needs to be strenghtened. Just have a feeling van dijk was funded knowing coutinho was off this january.

Best case scenario: A deal is done now and he moves in the summer.

Next best scenario: He goes in January, Liverpool get a suitable replacement but run the risk of destabilising the team. It should be fine though. I'd imagine whoever comes in will be of the required standard and any teething problems will be ironed out.

Worst case scenario. He goes and Liverpool get a stop gap player as Lemar (or whoever) can't come until the summer

Nuclear level scenario. He goes and Liverpool get no one in. Pretty intrigued to find out what my happen should we end up here. Ricero might go supernova. Under intense abuse, Linda and John close their Twitter accounts. Knex. starts crying and 5star laughs uncontrollably. He's such a trooper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A Centre Back and a Keeper and a Coutinho replacement would be a very good window imo :)

VVD, Alisson & Lemar two area that needed strengthening and strong replacement for Coutinho.

• Advertisement

A Centre Back and a Keeper and a Coutinho replacement would be a very good window imo :)

VVD, Alisson & Lemar two area that needed strengthening and strong replacement for Coutinho.

If he's going to go this window we need to do the deal now so there is time to get someone else in.

If Barcelona drag this out to the last week of January then Liverpool have to tell them they can wait until the summer to come back again.

And no stupid deal with ridiculous add ons!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement