Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Sanchez left cos he was sick of playing wide right as far as I remember and or being Neymars sub on the left when he really wanted to be front and central. Which would also be a problem for him at Liverpool.

Even if Coutinho left and Firmino dropped deeper? (I know Lallana is probably the closest replacement for Coutinho)

Or what if Klopp just wanted to make the Fab 4 a Fab 5 so he can rotate / cover injuries more easily and keep the high tempo all season long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sanchez left cos he was sick of playing wide right as far as I remember and or being Neymars sub on the left when he really wanted to be front and central. Which would also be a problem for him at Liverpool.

Even if Coutinho left and Firmino dropped deeper?  (I know Lallana is probably  the closest replacement for Coutinho)

Or what if Klopp just wanted to make the Fab 4 a Fab 5 so he can rotate / cover injuries more easily and keep the high tempo all season long?
    We don't need Firmino to drop deeper, I think one of our issues is trying to fit all four into the starting 11, It leaves us light in midfield and unable to control games, It's amazing to have the four but id rarely play the four together,
    You could play the four if ud two holding Midfielder's but we barley have one, We need a more controlling midfield its a huge problem for us which is why our game management is shocking ,
    As iv said before a proper 6 with Keita one side and Lalanna/ OX the other is how our midfield should look next year,
    Then Mane, Salah , Booby in front of that , of course we'd need cover/completion for the front 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Even if Coutinho left and Firmino dropped deeper? (I know Lallana is probably the closest replacement for Coutinho)

Meh, if we have to replace Coutinho with Lalanna then we’re in bother. The man is only properly fit and playing for about a third of each season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sanchez to Liverpool would be admittance of defeat by the player - worse than City but still north of Watford! :D

Klopp has shown no inclination to sign "high maintenance" types so far and while he would be cheap at 29 would be fairly short term with hard to estimate resale value. Lemar as a linked example is 22 and despite having a much less productive season clearly has a high ceiling I imgaine his wages would be quite a bit less as well.

Sanchez to Liverpool would be admittance of defeat by the player - worse than City but still north of Watford! :D

Klopp has shown no inclination to sign "high maintenance" types so far and while he would be cheap at 29 would be fairly short term with hard to estimate resale value. Lemar as a linked example is 22 and despite having a much less productive season clearly has a high ceiling I imgaine his wages would be quite a bit less as well.

Maybe Sanchez needs the type of hands on gregarious manager Klopp is and Klopp is the type of manager who would look at taking a petulant Sanchez (at Arsenal over the last 18 months) and turning him into the happiest best version he can be which we all know would be something to behold.

We'd get 3 solid years out of him, particularly as Klopp likes to rotate and manage each individuals game time, and the fact he won't be at the WC means he'd be fresh coming into next season also.

£25m over 3 years plus the likelyhood of £250,000 a week with feck all sell on for a 33 year old would be a number crunching exercise which might be doable in the mad market we're in. It would equate to £410,000 a week over 3 years with £0 transfer fee inwards at the end.

Real are paying the equivalent of £750,000 a week to Ronaldo until he is almost 37!! See http://www.totalsportek.com/money/footballers-with-highest-salary/

Sanchez strikes me as the type of player who will retain very high fitness levels right into his mid 30's providing he's happy and playing in a competitive team.

His single minded focus on winning for 3 years would also provide some time for the squad to develop and for a replacement to be blended in.

Would be worse signings to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Maybe Sanchez needs the type of hands on gregarious manager Klopp is and Klopp is the type of manager who would look at taking a petulant Sanchez

Real are paying the equivalent of £750,000 a week to Ronaldo until he is almost 37!! See http://www.totalsportek.com/money/footballers-with-highest-salary/

Neymar is looking rough .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

qdss4xj2av701.jpg

Remember Gulacsi? Voted Kicker's best GK in Germany this year. Neuer's injury presumably rules him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Sanchez at £25m would an absolute no brainer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Knex. wrote: »
    qdss4xj2av701.jpg

Remember Gulacsi? Voted Kicker's best GK in Germany this year. Neuer's injury presumably rules him out.

Didn't Karius get like 2nd best a couple years ago? I'd take these with a major pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You really shouldn't bother clicking on the Express - the worst of the worst. I have it blocked on Chrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Tusky wrote: »
    You really shouldn't bother clicking on the Express - the worst of the worst. I have it blocked on Chrome.

Any site with videos that autoplay on page load can **** right off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Not sure Sanchez would have any interest in signing for us, why would he? It's a sideways or slightly upwards move at best, he wants to go to a team that wins things by all accounts, again not sure why he would choose Liverpool if the likes of City, PSG or Chelsea are in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lol the express

Lol yahoo sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/948490928167227394

Should hopefully be some concrete news shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

One of my guilty pleasures is indykaila. I see him as the David Brent of the football rumour world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This Goretzka stuff looks awfully like Hazard making a fool of United a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Wait... who sent the email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This Goretzka stuff looks awfully like Hazard making a fool of United a few years back.

You can be sure that Goretzka is going to Munich. His father is friends with Gerland (high ranking backroom staff member in Munich and former Bochum trainer) and today Heynkes said he was a wonderful player. Suspect they have a deal with Schalke to say nothing until day X

Gerland has also publically said this week that he recommended Goretzka to Munich years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wait... who sent the email?

Ricero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, and following on from IM0399 comment above, reading the german posters on reddit discuss the Goretzka stuff, and they are all convinced it's been a done deal with Bayern for over a year now.

Saying the rumours of him keeping his options open still are just to appease Schalke fans a little.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Any site with videos that autoplay on page load can **** right off

Drives me mad too.

Liverpool Echo, as reliable as they are for Liverpool FC news is a truly awful website with videos all over the place.

Why do they do it? I don't see how they make money out of it.

I just use the iOS app which doesn't have the videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

John cross of the mirror now reporting that we have made a bid for thomas lemar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Monaco will pull our pants down on this one. Let's hope we pull Barca's more. They bloody deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ricero wrote: »

Not sure what links he has to Monaco but I doubt he has very many at Liverpool. Until the usual suspects report something the rest is just noise.

ricero wrote: »

Here is the article.

Think it would be quite a coup to get Lemar. Shows the pull of Klopp if we get him as he's wanted by many clubs.

Really looks like Coutinho is going though which shows the pull of Barcelona. Maybe we shouldn't sign any more South Americans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

To be fair the mirror article is co-written by David Maddock who at one time was very well connected to Liverpool. Not so sure now.

ballyargus wrote: »
    Monaco will pull our pants down on this one. Let's hope we pull Barca's more. They bloody deserve it.

We should do an Andy Carroll type deal with Barca. Lemar + £60m and leave it to Barca to agree the Lemar fee :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

To be fair the mirror article is co-written by David Maddock who at one time was very well connected to Liverpool. Not so sure now.

Don't think Maddock has the inside track these days. Joyce, Pearce, Hunter, Bascombe, etc are usually the journos who seem to be regularly briefed by a source at the club.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Here is the article.Maybe we shouldn't sign any more South Americans.

Why? Because signing a player for £8m and selling him for a profit of at least £100m is bad?

Could be worse, we could be signing more Italians!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

90 million pounds is a lot of money for Lemar. Especially if we don't get a lot more for Coutinho....

Why? Because signing a player for £8m and selling him for a profit of at least £100m is bad?

Could be worse, we could be signing more Italians!!

It was said more in jest.

I don't like us sellng our top players no matter what money we get.
    Wish we were the club that players didn't want to leave.

I don't support the club for them to make money in the transfer market.
    A large transfer fee never excites me. Replacements are often difficult to find.

Top players on the team playing good football and trying to win games is what I like and I think we would be better off if Liverpool had managed to keep the likes of Mascherano, Suarez and now Coutinho.

ERG89 wrote: »
    90 million pounds is a lot of money for Lemar. Especially if we don't get a lot more for Coutinho....

Here's an idea of what he can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll be more p1sed off when Barca come in for Firmino next summer than I am with Coutinho.

What Firmino offers this team is priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'll be more p1sed off when Barca come in for Firmino next summer than I am with Coutinho.

What Firmino offers this team is priceless.

Shhhhh!

Let's just keep Firmino's importance quiet

Actually, i've only just remembered that I had a dream about Bobby last night. Weirdly, he had an american accent in it.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Shhhhh!

Actually, i've only just remembered that I had a dream about Bobby last night. Weirdly, he had an american accent in it.

Was he in a discotheque at the DJ's booth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Bobby probably doesn't have the lucrative endorsements profile that the Spanish super plebs love so I'd say we're safe.

I'd fearful of Lallana really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Shhhhh!

I bet he sounds like Christopher Walken. Does he? Does he sound like Christopher Walken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Shhhhh!

It's the teeth. Damn you sexy American teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I don't think that article is built on a solid foundation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Well played

Was expecting the Kate Cohen article tbh

Can't even get odds for Coutinho to stay, but what can bookies know that everyone else does not .

Sky Germany are reporting Can will stay till the summer before moving to Juve.

Woodburn to Sunderland on loan looks like it will happen.

I'm guessing it's because Coleman is there.

• Advertisement

What good is going to come of that? I can't believe they'll give him much time as they'll be fighting for survival from here to end of April.

and now this
    "It is understood Liverpool’s owner, Fenway Sports Group, will leave the final say on whether any bid (For Couthino) is accepted to Klopp." - Paul Joyce (thetimes.co.uk)

Which is odd, what is he going to do, lock Phil in his room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Oh look a ball :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

What good is going to come of that? I can't believe they'll give him much time as they'll be fighting for survival from here to end of April.

and now this

Hopefully, widely reported that lemar has agreed to join Liverpool and now they have to agree the fee. FSG not wanting to sell Coutinho is part of the the bargaining game, just keep saying fsg won't take that till we get the world record fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Joyce saying the final decision on if an offer is accepted will rest with Klopp. Bet that still doesn’t put an end to FSG bashing from some quarters.

and now this

I don't get why it's odd at all. Klopp has the final say on who comes into and who leaves the squad. Would we prefer if FSG told Klopp who to sell and who to buy?

If FSG analyse the situation and believe the optimum way to play the situation is to sell Coutinho in this transfer window I'm sure, given their relationship with and respect for Klopp, they will meet with Klopp to explain their thinking and get his input. If he concurs and agrees it's in the best interest of the squad for Coutinho to go (for example because he has stated to Klopp/FSG that he's determined not to pull the shirt on again) then Coutinho will go but if he says he wants Coutinho to stay because he believes he can get him to continue playing at 100% for the team until the end of the season then FSG will defer to him and not sell Coutinho.

Isn't that EXACTLY what you'd want in an owner / manager relationship? They manage the finances and set budgets / net spending limits etc but Klopp decides how the money is spent and who comes and goes?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement