Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    I bet he sounds like Christopher Walken. Does he? Does he sound like Christopher Walken?

Just, like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Joyce saying the final decision on if an offer is accepted will rest with Klopp. Bet that still doesn’t put an end to FSG bashing from some quarters.

Aye. His article
    Philippe Coutinho will miss Friday’s FA Cup tie with Everton through injury as Liverpool wait for Barcelona to declare their hand in their pursuit of the Brazilian.

Coutinho missed the New Year’s Day victory over Burnley with a thigh injury and had a scan on Tuesday which revealed damage to the muscle. He was undergoing treatment at Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground, today.

Barcelona are readying a new bid for Coutinho, who wants to quit Liverpool this month, although it will take an offer in the region of €150 million [£133 million] for the club to consider selling.

It is understood Liverpool’s owner, Fenway Sports Group, will leave the final say on whether any bid is accepted to Klopp.

Mohamed Salah is also a serious doubt for the visit of Everton to Anfield, although he will fly to Ghana tomorrow along with team-mate Sadio Mane for the CAF Awards Gala in Accra.

Both players are due to return in time for the derby match with Klopp adamant they will be considered for selection if they are fit.

Liverpool selected their third-choice goalkeeper Danny Ward for their only other domestic cup tie this season, the Carabao Cup defeat to Leicester City in September.

Lot of people saying that likely means he is gone, due to Klopp's nature, unless he trusts Coutinho to not kick up a fuss and play as normal until the summer. Unfortunately that seems unlikely for this month at least now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Its a sign of how much faith, and quite rightly, FSG have in Klopp.

Kovacic, who we were linked with prior to him joining Real, is still only 23. He'd be some player, although he's definitely very much a central player.

Not sure Klopp would go for him however, considering the players we have there already & Keita joining in the summer.

Kovacic did replace Coutinho at Inter though! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Arsenal v Chelsea game going well for us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NukaCola wrote: »
    Its a sign of how much faith, and quite rightly, FSG have in Klopp.

Klopp is far from perfect but I have as full a faith in him as I can have in a football manager. If he agrees that selling Coutinho now is in the best interests of the club, then while I'll be very disappointed, I trust that he has far more of an idea what he is doing than any fan on twitter/a forum/the pub/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

murpho999 wrote: »
    Arsenal v Chelsea game going well for us.

What's the best result, a draw I think

sword1 wrote: »
    What's the best result, a draw I think

Draw or Arsenal win as I want us to chase 2nd place.

Some good goalkeeping so far, it's a good game to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Draw is the best result tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Draw works best, means we're within one win of Chelsea and Arsenal are still 5 points off us.

Goalkeeping is top notch but some of the passing is atrocious

Ah well! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fcuk sake Arsenal! Rely on them to bottle it when it counts. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If Klopp has final say, who has final say on price, Klopp too? It's kinda passing the buck if FSG accept a price and then asks Klopp if he agrees with sale, what is Klopp suppose to do, go against the wishes of owners Coutinho and Barca and say no.

My God, Welbeck is an absolute bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pretty sure they can tell Klopp the offer without actually accepting it.

2-2 now 92nd min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yes Arsenal! Showing great bottle as usual to pull it back! :)

• Advertisement

That'll do pig. That'll do

2-2 Arsenal so dominating since they went behind, deserved to make it 2-2

Morata has been brutal

Knex. wrote: »
    Morata has been brutal

Absolutely. 3 big misses tonight. Cost Chelsea the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

A draw is perfect for us but wow did I want that Zappacosta shot to go in off the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Decent result for Liverpool that. Keeps Arsenal 5 points behind us and Chelsea only 2 ahead.

• Advertisement

Sanchez so determined, punching the ground at the end.
    When he is good he is very very good
    And when he is bad he is horrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

If Klopp has final say, who has final say on price, Klopp too?

No. The club executive team (FSG's guys) will handle the communication with Barcelona once they have made an initial offer for Coutinho. At that point the club executive team will "explore" (negotiate hypothetically) what Barcelona are prepared to pay including the terms of add ons etc and maybe even a Kieta type option. Once they feel they have reached a point which represents the best deal they can secure from Barcelona (assuming Barcelona re the only club Coutinho will go to and other clubs namely PSG aren't in the mix) they will them sit with Klopp and lay the deal on the table at which point Klopp can either weigh up the pro's and con's and either say "No" he wants to keep Coutinho to the end of the season or "Yes" he's happy for Coutinho to be sold on those terms including making the signing of X, Y or Z a condition of sale.

That's my view on how it would work. Could be total poppycock but would be consistent with how corporations often decide how to make decisions on the sale of acquisition of major assets i.e. the Board of Directors assess and negotiate the opportunity but the CEO has the last word.
    It's kinda passing the buck if FSG accept a price and then asks Klopp if he agrees with sale

The club executive wouldn't "agree" a sale, they would negotiate it to the point where it's the best and final Barca are prepared to pay and then discuss it with Klopp, giving him the final say, before responding to Barca to confirm they accept or decline the deal.

No passing the buck whatsoever. It's just good seperation of duties.

Hate those interviews at end of games with player from each team interviewed at same time, total cringe TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Could take a punt on this kid, seems a cross between Lallana and Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Graham Hunter does my head in but listening to him on Off the Ball tonight he was saying Nike are pretty much backing Barca with the money for the Coutinho transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

murpho999 wrote: »

Here's an idea of what he can do.

He can deliver a decent corner. sign him up!

Graham Hunter does my head in but listening to him on Off the Ball tonight he was saying Nike are pretty much backing Barca with the money for the Coutinho transfer.

Surely that's, like, not allowed and stuff...?

I know FFP is a load of **** and all, but you can only be so flagrant about it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Surely that's, like, not allowed and stuff...?

I know FFP is a load of **** and all, but you can only be so flagrant about it..

Is it any different to the Qatar's giving Neymar the £220m to buy himself out of his contract.

Coutinho is sponsored by Nike and they don't like seeing him in NB gear and want to see him as Nike Brand ambassador while wearing Nike boots and Nike Barca jersey and Nike Brazil jersey not NB gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is it any different to the Qatar's giving Neymar the £220m to buy himself out of his contract.

Coutinho is sponsored by Nike and they don't like seeing him in NB gear and want to see him as Nike Brand ambassador while wearing Nike boots and Nike Barca jersey and Nike Brazil jersey not NB gear.

I think you're right and it's very depressing.

Yeah... I know i'm just being willfully naive... but it just feels so wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

In hindsight we should have told Barca to step away from signing Ousmane Dembele in the summer and signed him to replace Coutinho

I think you're right and it's very depressing.

It's business and good news for Liverpool if they decide to sell as 'we haven't got the money' will be less of a factor in the negotiations, also Nike might be vulnerable due to the advertising mistake

Well if its Nike and Barca, Liverpool better not be selling for less than £150m.

I'm really not liking this €130m and addons that was being touted yesterday. Considering its January and our season is in the balance, **** that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Whatever we get for coutinho we should throw everything we can to get Sanchez, klopp would turn him into a monster that would make Phil look like a one armed octopus

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

No. The club executive team (FSG's guys) will handle the communication with Barcelona once they have made an initial offer for Coutinho. At that point the club executive team will "explore" (negotiate hypothetically) what Barcelona are prepared to pay including the terms of add ons etc and maybe even a Kieta type option. Once they feel they have reached a point which represents the best deal they can secure from Barcelona (assuming Barcelona re the only club Coutinho will go to and other clubs namely PSG aren't in the mix) they will them sit with Klopp and lay the deal on the table at which point Klopp can either weigh up the pro's and con's and either say "No" he wants to keep Coutinho to the end of the season or "Yes" he's happy for Coutinho to be sold on those terms including making the signing of X, Y or Z a condition of sale.

That's my view on how it would work. Could be total poppycock but would be consistent with how corporations often decide how to make decisions on the sale of acquisition of major assets i.e. the Board of Directors assess and negotiate the opportunity but the CEO has the last word.

The club executive wouldn't "agree" a sale, they would negotiate it to the point where it's the best and final Barca are prepared to pay and then discuss it with Klopp, giving him the final say, before responding to Barca to confirm they accept or decline the deal.

No passing the buck whatsoever. It's just good seperation of duties.

You're an expert on commercial litigation and also on "how corporations often decide to make decisions on the sale or acquisition of major assets". All in one day as well. Dunno how you fit in the time to spend on boards.

• Advertisement

If he does go to Barca he better get used to what Neymar had to put up with, he'll no longer take a free kick or penalty, he's no longer be the face of a club. He'll always be just a number there, there can only be one Messiah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Raisins wrote: »
    You're an expert on commercial litigation and also on "how corporations often decide to make decisions on the sale or acquisition of major assets". All in one day as well. Dunno how you fit in the time to spend on boards.

Nothing particularly expert on either topic really, it's basic knowledge/experience in my job and the reason I've time to post more frequently than normal is that I'm not back to work until next Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

God, we all get a little crazy in the transfer window don't we!

Remember the summer - the hissy fits over signing Ox? Or the expectation that Phil would lay awful cause he didn't want to be here? Or that Moreno was a complete liability and wouldn't start? And we didn't have two good CBs to chose from after failing to sign VVD? And where would the goals come from???

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My request for the New Year lads, can we all say this together?

It's K-E-I-T-A, not K-I-E-T-A.

I see this being the new 'Firminho'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's keitas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's keitas

Exactly. Like Charlie Adams.

Lovern and Mingnolet agree fully

Naby Keita

Baby Keith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Exactly. Like Charlie Adams.

Does Naby take corners and how much are they worth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

FSG & Klopp need to probably accept Coutinho won't play for all of January.
    Surely we can just say to Coutinho stay & we will let you go in the summer.

Keep him & have him rested for Feb onwards.

In June or July his price will most likely have gone up & then sell easier to get a replacement as well.
    The fact we already have Keita & VVD signed so players who will start is good business before we lose Coutinho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement