Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I think we've seen enough of Wij to know he's too inconsistent to be a starter long term. When he's on he's good but too often he's not on. He's in the very good squad player bracket but wouldn't want him starting 40 games (which he'll likely do this year), I'd expect him to start a lot less next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Hopefully the football genius can get a result against Spurs tonight.

Take the mind off this Countinho sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

We should be looking to pull in well over 200 million in the sales of coutinho,sturridge,ings and moreno.,mignolet
    I'd like to go big with the keeper. Spend whatever it costs . Athleticos keeper please
    I'd like the young left back from fulham.
    The rest of out back line is fine.think moreno and mignolet cause all the panic in the back line.
    I think we should get lemar at all costs .he wants to join us . He has quality corners which we could do with scoring a few goals from those.
    I worry firmino game/scoring will deminish without coutinho. I'd love us to.go big and buy a serious striker but not sure who

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Utd fans frothing at the mouth at the thought of Phill leaving,they can't wait,it's hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not even good enough for them as well - like Mane, Salah, VVD, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

ERG89 wrote: »
    I wondered what ever happened to Brandt he's fallen off the face of the earth
    Brandt turned down the chance to move last summer because he wanted to help Leverkusen to qualify for a European competition this season. He also didn't want to risk missing out on a place in the World Cup squad by not playing enough games at Liverpool if he didn't adapt quickly to the league.

If Klopp wants him there'll be another bid for him at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Bowlardo wrote: »
    We should be looking to pull in well over 200 million in the sales of coutinho,sturridge,ings and moreno.,mignolet
    I'd like to go big with the keeper. Spend whatever it costs . Athleticos keeper please
    I'd like the young left back from fulham.
    The rest of out back line is fine.think moreno and mignolet cause all the panic in the back line.
    I think we should get lemar at all costs .he wants to join us . He has quality corners which we could do with scoring a few goals from those.
    I worry firmino game/scoring will deminish without coutinho. I'd love us to.go big and buy a serious striker but not sure who
    Surely if coutinio goes that will spell the end for Moreno!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joyce is saying it's in excess of £140m now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Joyce is saying it's a £140m now.

Euros v pounds, poor exchange rate though

cjmc wrote: »
    At the end of a storm there's a golden sky!

Every cloud has a silver lining and all that jazz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Should insist he goes as part of any deal... That will test Barcelona's resolve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Definitely. I had him down as one of the players out the door. I think it was mignolet and moreno that caused all the distress in the back line. I think we are going to see a better defensive performance from now until the end of the season.
    I think oor midfield.will be two from can,hendo,winj,milner and the remaining position will have lallana and ox pressing like.lunatics in rotation.

The front three is the front thee with solanke filling in to give firmino a rest but it would be great if we could keep coutinho till summer.

We wouldn't have to panic buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kevin Palmer who broke the van dijk story is writing tonight that the club will go for lemar if coutinho is to be sold. If monaco wont budge then the club will move for mahrez.

Spend the money before he goes to barca is what i say. It would be a disaster to sell phil to barca and not have a replacement in for the latter half of this season.

The best scenario would be two keita type deals with us and barca for phil and the latter with monaco for this summer. But dont see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Should insist he goes as part of any deal... That will test Barcelona's resolve!

Yep, 135 mill total for the pair. Or.... 150 for Coutinho on his own.

Time we played hard ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Need a replacement before we sell though surely....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lots of ''wonder kids '' out there too, yes they've not achieved or proved a thing but neither did Coutinho when we bought him. I'd be all for snapping up some serious potential in 19-22 age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

NukaCola wrote: »
    Need a replacement before we sell though surely....

There's almost a month to arrange it. I would have thought that several discussions would have been ongoing based upon the inevitability of his departure even in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Utd fans frothing at the mouth at the thought of Phill leaving,they can't wait,it's hilarious

You’d think they’d be more interested in their title challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Holy sh1t that Obiang goal for West Ham :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I wouldn't expect to hear anything about our transfers until they're already done. The VvD issues in the summer aside none of our other deals had any real coverage. Salah was quick and quiet, and nobody had a clue the Keita deal was happening until it was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm all for picking up potential wonder kids but right now with losing Coutinho we need a ready made player ready to play. We're at a point where this team either kicks on or misses it's chance.

Firmino/Salah/Mane - All of the quality to play for most teams
    Keita/VVD - highly rated expensive signings coming into the team that we've high hopes for.

We've then got a group of players below their level who are good players that you need in your team. Players you can look to improve upon but they're not a serious reason for the team failing.

Matip/Clyne//Milner/Wij/Henderson/Ox/Lallana/Lovren*

Below that are the young guys who we hope will become what we need

Gomez/Trent/Robertson/Woodburn/Solanke

Then the rest. We either go after proven talent after losing Coutinho or we risk missing a chance to move up a level and when teams start looking at Salah etc we're trying to plug too many holes at once.

* I think he's fine as third choice/Gomez coming for his and Matip's position if he gets to that level.

1 - Coutinho replacement
    2 - Goalkeeper
    3 - LB
    4 - CM (to play along with Keita)
    5 - Another attacking player (you can never have too many that stick it in the net)
    6 - CB

Would be the positions I'd want strengthened and the priority I see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Coutinho Messi and Suarez would be a truly frightening trio but I’m not quite sure the sales of Sturridge and Markovic would coup enough to sign both, not in January anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mightyreds wrote: »
    Coutinho Messi and Suarez would be a truly frightening trio but I’m not quite sure the sales of Sturridge and Markovic would coup enough to sign both, not in January anyway.

If Markovic ends up going to China we’ll get more for him than Sturridge. Probably not enough for those 2 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

mightyreds wrote: »

Don't see Suarez and Messi getting in the team ahead of Salah and Firmino. But deffo useful from a squad rotation point of view.

Yes that was deliberate hand ball, like WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Don't see Suarez and Messi getting in the team ahead of Salah and Firmino. But deffo useful from a squad rotation point of view.

Saurez or Salah? this year, haven't seen enough of Suarez , but obviously salahs been so good it's a toughie

I'd be looking at Demarai Gray. I think he has all the attributes to play as part of our front 3. He's not at Mahrez level currently but I think he will be a very good player very soon.
    He was seen as an alternative to Brandt in the summer and had a reported £12M release clause in his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Spurs kept at distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

West Ham draw with Spurs. Good results yesterday and today.

Good results in the last two nights :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Huge week of results, we fought out 2 really tough wins and the rest fell into place nicely. We're a point closer to 3rd place than 5th now.

Would be one hell of a title race had City not gone full retard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would be fairly confident of top 4 finish only for the Coutinho spanner in the works.

Sure he's overrated last i heard :)

• Advertisement

Salah wins, Mane runner up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Talisman wrote: »
    He was seen as an alternative to Brandt in the summer and had a reported £12M release clause in his contract.

In places it's reported as 22m, worth it I think

Would be fairly confident of top 4 finish only for the Coutinho spanner in the works.

Yep. We've good momentum now.

Selling him and not making top 4 would be a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Coutinho, just like Suarez before him; good enough for Barcelona but would not get into the Man Utd team.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Coutinho, just like Suarez before him; good enough for Barcelona but would not get into the Man Utd team.

Wouldnt even make a combined XI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

murpho999 wrote: »

Mata is much better

At the end of a storm there's a golden sky!

Every cloud has a silver lining and all that jazz.

I fear Klopp actually rates Moreno unfortunately.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Mata is much better
    But not good enough to merit a new contract.

Augeo wrote: »
    I fear Klopp actually rates Moreno unfortunately.
    There's always hope that a club in Spain will rate him highly enough to make a bid for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

There's always hope that a club in Spain will rate him highly enough to make a bid for him.

Actually think he'd suit Barca and Valencia pretty well.

When's he back from injury actually?

Liverpool one-two in African Player of the Year. I'll let you guess the order (Keita was 4th)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sign Aboomarang and we will have the top four African players next season.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    When's he back from injury actually?
    The initial reports estimated the third week of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

437822.png

Mane and Salah got caught in the dreaded fist-bump to high-five mixup.

Still, better than a fist-bump to handshake disaster!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement