Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Virgil is potentially a future Liverpool captain, a true leader on the pitch and I love him shouting at Karius and the other defenders, haven’t had that in any area of the pitch since Stevie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SlickRic wrote: »
    VVD has twice looked like he's fit to deck Karius as he's asleep in his box.

And that's what I've been talking about.

I don't expect him to make that save today - but I do expect him to do something, sometimes. But game after game he hides and shies away from any responsibility. Seriously, go back and look at shots from distance against him - he almost never moves. Look at other keepers in the same situations as play builds up, and they're bouncing on their toes, they're keeping alert. He's the least active goalkeeper i've ever seen.

Over his last few games - which we've actually done well in - he's looked like a scared child as the game passes him by.

He just never looks strong and decisive, and i'm actually just done with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Give VVD the captains armband now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dead fish handshake from Holgate to Klopp. I really hope there’s nothing in that incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I have the popcorn in the microwave for Sam’s post match interview, this will be gold. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Holgate pushing too lol

He was fouling Matip as well for VVD's other chance when he headed it straight at Pickford. Idiotic stuff from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

corwill wrote: »
    Keown having a go at VVD for 'almost' kissing the badge.  What a stupid, bitter, ****ehawk.
    After how long he waited to finally play for us, I wouldn't blame VVD for showing emotion. What a nice for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Delighted Murphy pointed it out, but just like against Arsenal, Can loses his man again for the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

VVD oozes class. Top debut by him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good to avoid a replay. 9 days rest this time of year is great.
    Klopp usually takes them off somewhere sunny, is that on cards, maybe Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

FA cup games really make you wish you could get none English commentary.
    Pickford at fault for both goals, Rooney awful, Holgate all over the shop and not a word said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

No manager interviews?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Brillant start for Van Dijk.

Perfect ending to get the Coutinho news out of the headlines for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Wow, what a way to mark a debut in Red.

The look on Sammy Lee's face. Beautiful.
    Some lines you shouldn't cross in my opinion.

I'm not saying he's faking it, but i genuinely believe he's slightly exaggerating his reactions to the Everton goal and our winner to prove a point somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Give VVD the captains armband now!

Don't think the ox will be getting it that's for sure.

• Advertisement

Fowler87 wrote: »
    VVD oozes class. Top debut by him.

Absolutely. Looks like nothing fazes him. Cool as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

SlickRic wrote:
    VVD has twice looked like he's fit to deck Karius as he's asleep in his box.

If he does that some week he'll have cult hero status forever in my home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

razorblunt wrote: »
    FA cup games really make you wish you could get none English commentary.
    Pickford at fault for both goals, Rooney awful, Holgate all over the shop and not a word said.
    And kissing big Sam’s arse (despite his disgraceful departure as Eng manager).
    5 games without a win, 3 loses in a row, but he’s doing a good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm happy for him to be honest.

It's not like he pulled off some heel-turn - Liverpool sacked him. I'm sure if Liverpool offered him a job he'd be there in a second, but they didn't. They handed him his p45.

He's in the only other decent job in football where he can be close to his family and home.

Expecting professionals in their actual real life decision making to adopt fans tribalism is nonsense imo.

Nah, I'm never agreeing with that. Liverpool sacked Kenny too remember but you wouldn't catch him switching allegiance.

Some times people move jobs but he could have avoided taking the Everton offer.
    Any other job other than them or United, I'd have wished him well. Millions of clubs out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's quite bizzare how everton couldn't commit a foul according to the bbc ,in fact they were probably hard done by tonight.

Watch them try make something out of the Bobby incident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Good to avoid a replay. 9 days rest this time of year is great.
    Klopp usually takes them off somewhere sunny, is that on cards, maybe Barcelona.

Moreno : Boss, why do I have a one way ticket?

Klopp:

Klopp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Robertson was fcukin magic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

VVD bossing midfield and defence an scores winner in front of The Kop.

Merseyside rivals beaten.

Wayne Rooney subbed after a poor game.

Sam Allardyce beaten.

Alan Shearer contradicting himself.

Pretty good night all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Plainly obvious we have nobody capable of filling the void Phill will leave currently. Far less potent without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's quite bizzare how everton couldn't commit a foul according to the bbc ,in fact they were probably hard done by tonight.

Watch them try make something out of the Bobby incident

They’ve been trying since half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Hopefully that back four can have a run together now. I know Gomez struggled a bit but he is still a really good young player with loads of potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Robertson was fcukin magic
    Defensively yes

Still not a massive fan of him going forward

Great to win, but issues remain.
    It wasn’t a great game, we didn’t play that well (still deserved it).
    Karius was not good at all. Don’t fault him for the goal, but the lack of command was so obvious. Esp when you see the way VDD came in and was barking at him and organizing.
    Lallana was poor, but still getting touch/fitness.
    Can was terrible. Even in a slow paced game, he was awful. Can’t reky on him for a full season. Off to Turin if he wants to try be a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Thought Robertson was best player on the pitch tonight, if Moreno comes straight back in I'll be amazed.
    Midfield was non-existing for most of the match, if it's like that vs Man City we'll get ripped apart.
    Ox was pretty poor bar a few good deliverys, Lallana way off the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

VVD's reaction to being told: "Virgil you've written yourself into Anfield folklore history"

VVD: "What a night - fully deserved obviously"

I may be taking it slightly out of context but that's exactly the kind of Dutch swagger and arrogance we need!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Scores the winning goal against rivals on his debut, knocking them out of the cup: Check.

Shouted at Karius: Check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Defensively yes

I don't agree, I am seeing alot more going forward than from moreno or milner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Karius didn't have a whole pile to do and he didn't make any major errors but he just gives off a very unconvincing vibe.

Robertson and Gomez both very good. Gomez a bit too confident on the ball though. Got caught once or twice. Robertson my MOTM.

VVD very good. Still think he's not at full match sharpness but it'll come.

Ox great dead ball delivery to be fair but can't see or deliver a killer pass in open play.

Lallana pretty poor to be honest. Muscled off the ball a lot. Looks another month away from full match sharpness. Hope we are not depending on him as a Coutinho replacement for the remainder of the season.

Can the usual Can. Good parts and some awful parts.

Don't like Milner in midfield against anyone half decent. Don't think he can cut in there against a good side any more.

Our midfield will struggle to create without Coutinho. That much is certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I was critical of VVD before tonight, but if he plays like he did tonight we're onto a winner, bossed the defence, just looked really classy all around.

Was Coutinho at the game?

Do you know what most you really do know how to look at the little negatives and focus on them more than the positives.

Most of the negatives you look at and point at are very small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Thought Robertson was best player on the pitch tonight, if Moreno comes straight back in I'll be amazed.
    Midfield was non-existing for most of the match, if it's like that vs Man City we'll get ripped apart.
    Ox was pretty poor bar a few good deliverys, Lallana way off the pace.

Think you are a bit tough on Ox, thought he worked hard and was effective enough especially in the second half.
    Re Karius, how bad is Ward (obviously he's quite capable) and why ain't he getting a chance?This was a great opportunity to play him. I was all for Karius getting more chances, but he's not improving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Robertson wasn't perfect. Just like everyone he got caught up in the occasion at times.

Having room to improve is no big deal though. There were errors but a performance isn't just the sum of a player's errors.

Its the positive things he does with and without the ball that set him apart. His decision-making looks several levels ahead of Albie as well.
    Some great crosses, he has really good movement and vision and his decisions when to chance a dribble or a pass leave us less exposed without looking any less dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sword1 wrote: »
    Defensively yes

I don't agree, I am seeing alot more going forward than from moreno or milner

I don't think either of those are a high level, this will sound strange but he's very "British"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Karius didn't have a whole pile to do and he didn't make any major errors but he just gives off a very unconvincing vibe.

He dropped a cross, fumbled it off Matip I think, unforgivable really, thats a pretty huge mistake that went unpunished.

• Advertisement

Do you know what most you really do know how to look at the little negatives and focus on them more than the positives.

Most of the negatives you look at and point at are very small.
    It’s how you improve.

It’s how you improve.

Well your posting is anyway being on the coaching staff and posting here just after the game :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

NukaCola wrote: »
    He dropped a cross, fumbled it off Matip I think, unforgivable really, thats a pretty huge mistake that went unpunished.

Van Dijk ran into him. Tough to blame him too much for that to be fair.

He doesn't inspire any confidence though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A bit harsh imo. He claimed it well and was stretching to get it, as he landed it came straight down onto Matip’s head and bounced out of his hands. A freak incident rather than mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

murpho999 wrote: »
    VVD bossing midfield and defence an scores winner in front of The Kop.

Merseyside rivals beaten.

Wayne Rooney subbed after a poor game.

Sam Allardyce beaten.

Alan Shearer contradicting himself.

Pretty good night all round.

you forgot reid's locks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Holgate pushes Matip in the back during the goal too, Matip gives him a few studs to the chin in return.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

**** em. I remember coming out of goodison being called a murder **** em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Van Dijk ran into him. Tough to blame him too much for that to be fair.

Haven't seen it again but looked to me that he grabbed the ball, didn't pull it into his body and fumbled it off the defenders back. I could be wrong of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gbear wrote: »
    Robertson wasn't perfect. Just like everyone he got caught up in the occasion at times.

Having room to improve is no big deal though. There were errors but a performance isn't just the sum of a player's errors.

Its the positive things he does with and without the ball that set him apart. His decision-making looks several levels ahead of Albie as well.
    Some great crosses, he has really good movement and vision and his decisions when to chance a dribble or a pass leave us less exposed without looking any less dangerous.

It's very easy to find fault. You can't expect defenders not to be beaten or caught out by a ball. It's impossible.

I like his positional play. He's much more aware that Moreno (Who the hell is Albie?).

He also provides cover for the centre backs in case things go wrong.

Moreno got lots of credit here for playing well. I never saw it. He just didn't make clear blunders leaving to goals but for me he was poor. Often out of position, trotting back and not being aware.

Robertson is a huge improvement and I think he'll only get better.

Haven't seen it again but looked to me that he grabbed the ball, didn't pull it into his body and fumbled it off the defenders back. I could be wrong of course.

While pulling it into his chest it hit our defender and was knocked out of his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Defensively yes

Good thing he's a defender then.
    But out of curiosity, what more do you want from him going forward?
    He bosses his wing and has a very decent cross in his locker.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement