Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bolasie's whole game is trying to make a fool out of defenders first, doing what's best for his team second. Robertson made a fool out of him tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ballyargus wrote: »
    VVD's reaction to being told: "Virgil you've written yourself into Anfield folklore history"

VVD: "What a night - fully deserved obviously"

I may be taking it slightly out of context but that's exactly the kind of Dutch swagger and arrogance we need!

That Jason Mohammed is an awful interviewer.
    He basically answers the questions himself before allowing the players to speak. He’s always doing that, regardless of the sport he’s covering.

DSzve8uWsAAW2jv.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Karius isn't good enough.

Doesn't have the mentality looks so nervy all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I was one of the more weary about VVD but I have to give him his due, for nearly every set piece/corner we had he added another element.

What was once trepidation is now excitement for me. Really looking forward to seeing more of him.

Jürgen Klopp: "It was a soft penalty. It was exactly like the last one (given against Lovren in the previous derby). I thought that both decisions weren't penalties but everyone told me after the first one that it was a penalty, so I learnt this."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

monkey9 wrote: »
    WTF!! Man U playing Derby tonight????

Were not picked for tv were so confident of beating Bristol City they wanted maximum time to prepare for the semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jürgen Klopp: "It was a soft penalty. It was exactly like the last one (given against Lovren in the previous derby). I thought that both decisions weren't penalties but everyone told me after the first one that it was a penalty, so I learnt this."

Brilliant imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I haven't seen a replay but I think a few of the Everton players ran to the crowd and put their arms out in contact with their supporters celebrating their goal , is that not an automatic booking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Moreno : Boss, why do I have a one way ticket?

Klopp:

Klopp.jpg

If Phil goes then Moreno can join him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp with honest point won't get credit for it!

Manager admits he saw the incident and it wasn't a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Delighted for Allardyce whining about the peno......At least Klopp was consistent

https://twitter.com/mattgibson27/status/949380760502497282

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Defensively yes

Still not a massive fan of him going forward

Good thing he's a defender then.
    But out of curiosity, what more do you want from him going forward?
    He bosses his wing and has a very decent cross in his locker.

Robertson won't win us a league, an improvement yes, brilliant no

We don't as a team really play off crosses, we play off quick link play. He's a little behind on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Karius didn't have a whole pile to do and he didn't make any major errors but he just gives off a very unconvincing vibe.

made a hames of a cross, virgil bailed him out of a good few times too...needs to learn fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I mean I thought I couldn't love the man anymore

We don't as a team really play off crosses, we play off quick link play. He's a little behind on that

He’s improving though. Nice run into the box for his shot.

There are maybe 2 teams on the planet who have top class players in every single position, Robertson is more than good enough for our starting LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Well your posting is anyway being on the coaching staff and posting here just after the game :p
    I reckon the coaching staff will look at it that way. All happy after the result, but the video analysis during the week is where you pick out your weaknesses (while obviously handing out credit as well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Turtyturd wrote: »

He’s improving though. Nice run into the box for his shot.

Yeah I agree but at the same time shooting was wrong option.

All on my opinion of course I just think him, like Shaw at United will look more dangerous than he actually is (cross to a dangerous area with noone there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Robertson was my MOTM too. Thought he was great.
    Great debut from VVD.
    Didn't think Can was nearly as bad as most on here.
    Lallana was unbelievably bad. Really really shocking.
    Gomez needs to start playing it a bit simpler at times...confidence is great but he's getting caught out a fair bit by overdoing things.
    Great win.

Yeah I agree but at the same time shooting was wrong option.

All on my opinion of course I just think him, like Shaw at United will look more dangerous than he actually is (cross to a dangerous area with noone there)

Was definitely the wrong choice but I am glad to see him doing something other than whipping in a cross from out near the touch line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I haven’t been aboard the Robertson train, but he played very well tonight. Not great going forward, but I think Moreno can be overly praised in what he does attaching wise.
    He deserves more time in the system before he can be fully judged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lallana needs a haircut.

Hasn't played a good game with his new hairstyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DSz67elWsAINd9z.jpg

Goal and assist made in Southampton!

• Advertisement

Love seeing former players showing love for the club

m920oda.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,083 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Curses. Even for non fans he's hard not to like.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I know hes not 100 per cent and is better than he was tonight but lallana is not good enough to start in this team. Great option from the bench and in rotation. Laughable if anyone thinks he can fill phils boots when he goes to barca. We need to splash the cash on a good replacement for coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

ricero wrote: »
    I know hes not 100 per cent and is better than he was tonight but lallana is not good enough to start in this team. Great option from the bench and in rotation. Laughable if anyone thinks he can fill phils boots when he goes to barca. We need to splash the cash on a good replacement for coutinho.

He has the same flaws that Can has in that he holds onto the ball for far to long, really hurts us when we're trying to break on the counter quickly which is where we are so dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lallana was injured before, came back looked poor, as fitness came back began to look world class. Needs a few games I think, was beat at 70th min

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

@alanshearer

For all the @LFC fans currently hurling personal abuse at me, my wife and kids because I happen to disagree with your opinion about the penalty decision, you do know you won don't you? 🤔 PS So f**k off!

redarmy wrote: »
    @alanshearer

For all the @LFC fans currently hurling personal abuse at me, my wife and kids because I happen to disagree with your opinion about the penalty decision, you do know you won don't you? �� PS So f**k off!

This is why high profile people should think carefully about being on twitter if they have opinions that will be seen and heard directly. So many **** out there.

In other twitter news - the place is alight with Mahrez to Liverpool chatter.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-riyad-mahrez-leicester-vers-liverpool/864259
    The information may be read in connection with the one that would send Coutinho from Liverpool to FC Barcelona. In the eventual replacement of their Brazilian, the Reds had already targeted Thomas Lemar. But the French international AS Monaco would not be the only track studied by the English club. Liverpool has thus begun to advance on that leading to Riyad Mahrez, the Algerian international Leicester.

First contacts would have been made for the former Le Havre (under contract until June 2020). In private, Claude Puel, the French coach of Foxes, has recently confided his hope to retain his attacker, although he knows that his leaders have given him their word to release him in case of a satisfactory offer for all parties this winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

All of a sudden we've scored late goals in 3 games on the trot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Give him a break, Lallana has been out injured since July. It will take him at least a month to get properly fit and into the rhythm of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

All of a sudden we've scored late goals in 3 games on the trot.

Rotation/squad management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Some fans are idiots. Why attack Shearer about his opinion, who cares.

Some people fans are idiots. Why attack Shearer about his opinion, who cares.

fyp

Keyboard warriors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Exactly. We dont have to agree with Shearer but ffs why idiots slag off his family is just ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Basically the same as most people here....

Robertson had a great game. Bossed Sollasie (spelling?) and a threat going forward. Always thought he was a decent player the few times I saw him with Hull & Scotland. Will improve if given the chance.

VVD was commanding and the level head we need at the back. Not afraid to bark orders, and a massive threat at set-pieces. Couldn't have wished for a better debut.

Karius was absolute garbage. He's been given chance after chance and shows nothing. Saves less than Mig. Everton had one shot on target and he just looked at it sail past him. A world class keeper MAY have saved it, but a good keeper WOULD have at least dived at it. Karius is neither. Terrified to command his box too, VVD had to ball him out twice for the same slugishness. Can't understand how he received such accolades in Germany... he must have really gone backwards.

Lallana needs time to get back to fitness. The Ox was good again. Can no loss when he goes to Juve. Hopefully Firmino won't be too affected by his compatriot leaving but showed some good passion when chucked into the crowd. Overall, a very satisfying night. Realistically, it's our only chance at a trophy so here's hoping for a decent draw in the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Are you forgetting his performances last season when he was one of our key players and was undropable and missed when injured.

You really have to wait till he's fully up to speed to judge him. Tonight was only his second game after a long lay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Twitter really should introduce a new character limit, number of characters should be no greater than your IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Lallana was injured before, came back looked poor, as fitness came back began to look world class. Needs a few games I think, was beat at 70th min

Meh totally disagree - Lallana has never looked World class. I like him, he’s a good player but no chance is he world class and won’t ever be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

redarmy wrote: »
    @alanshearer

For all the @LFC fans currently hurling personal abuse at me, my wife and kids because I happen to disagree with your opinion about the penalty decision, you do know you won don't you? 🀔 PS So f**k off!

This just typifies the type of fcukwit that social media represents. Gets caught rapid on the bullsh1t he claimed and then starts making wild accusations about how his family is being abused over same claims.

Yes, **** off indeed shearer and also to the two nutjobs that probably abused your family tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/949417157896568832

#LFC spokesman on Firmino/Holgate flashpoint: “The club & player will fully co-operate with the relevant authorities to ensure the facts are established in a thorough manner if deemed necessary or requested. Whilst the process is ongoing we will not be making any other comment."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Ye r a bit hard on Karius,he had rightly shifted his body weight to his right and couldn't move back,some LFC fans love to moan about every goal we concede

Twitter really should introduce a new character limit, number of characters should be no greater than your IQ.

All they would need to do is introduce one of those "are you human" visual puzzles that download hosting sites etc use.

Mr.H wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/949417157896568832

#LFC spokesman on Firmino/Holgate flashpoint: “The club & player will fully co-operate with the relevant authorities to ensure the facts are established in a thorough manner if deemed necessary or requested. Whilst the process is ongoing we will not be making any other comment."

Holgate said it to the ref right after he went for Firmino, they have to investigate it by default. By all accounts it seems Firmino called him a "son of a bitch" or the Portuguese translation of it, no racial slurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

mada999 wrote: »
    made a hames of a cross, virgil bailed him out of a good few times too...needs to learn fast

Karius needs to **** off is what he needs to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I haven’t been aboard the Robertson train, but he played very well tonight. Not great going forward, but I think Moreno can be overly praised in what he does attaching wise.
    He deserves more time in the system before he can be fully judged.

True but he looks good . Very good so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement