Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Karius was absolute garbage. He's been given chance after chance and shows nothing. Saves less than Mig. Everton had one shot on target and he just looked at it sail past him. A world class keeper MAY have saved it, but a good keeper WOULD have at least dived at it. Karius is neither. Terrified to command his box too, VVD had to ball him out twice for the same slugishness. Can't understand how he received such accolades in Germany... he must have really gone backwards.
    Totally overblown reaction - He has 5 clean sheets in 8 appearances this season. There are bigger problems than Karius to be resolved with the defence - Virgil's commanding presence may go a long way to resolving some of them.

If Virgil is given a decent centre back partner to work with then the goalkeeper may not prove to be the big issue to resolve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/949395316633227266
    Breaking | AS Monaco "could be tempted" to sell Thomas Lemar this month, according to tomorrow's L'uipe. Claims Arsenal will look to Lemar to replace Alexis Sanchez if the latter leaves.

Well that's a slightly different tone to "no major sales in January"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really hope these Mahrez rumours go away quickly, and that’s coming from someone who rates him very highly. He oozes quality and would improve the attack of nearly any team on the planet but he just isn’t quite right for us from a defensive standpoint. I’d echo what others have said about Demarai Gray, he’s the Leicester winger I’d have at the club any day of the week, but he’s better off spending another couple of seasons there to fully develop.

Ryan Sessegnon is the one I’d really hope we go all out for though, doesn’t fancy a move away from London apparently but you can only hope Sheyi Ojo is doing his best to convince him to come up north. Every big club that misses out on him will regret it the same way they did with Dele Alli, I’m sure of it. His talent at such a young age is absolutely frightening, and he can play anywhere on the left side of the pitch.

It's August all over again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/949408196455796741

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/949419270596890625

All speculation obviously but rather put it here than the transfer thread which is a bit petty atm

• Advertisement

Is Mahrez a Klopp type player? Wouldn't have thought so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fcuk it buy both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

gafferino wrote: »
    Meh totally disagree - Lallana has never looked World class. I like him, he’s a good player but no chance is he world class and won’t ever be.

He was world class for a period of time under Klopp. Average always under Rodgers, he had an amazing spell under Klopp where is was praised game in game out for his brilliance. It was a short lived spell of being world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/949408196455796741

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/949419270596890625

All speculation obviously but rather put it here than the transfer thread which is a bit petty atm

I’ll cry if we go for Mahrez when Lemar is there for the taking. Both class players but one is much younger, more versatile and seemingly wants to play for us. Monaco are a selling club anyway, that’s their business model, it makes sense to go for him and not be held to ransom by yet another Premier League club. £90m is actually reasonable value for Lemar to be fair, in this market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hey I borked that news first, even included the source and a slightly wonky translation :mad: :p

I'm coming around to Mahrez if only to get another player Man Utd could actually make good use of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Translation: they'll be holding us to ransome because they know what might be coming our way. The apparent price is generous as is for a player that wouldn't be a direct replacement for Coutinho.

Should be giving this one a wide berth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fcuk it buy both of them.

Why not ? One now and one in the summer. Money is there.

It was reported that Liverpool had an offer for Lemar accepted in August before being gazumped by Arsenal. Monaco could be stalling until the Sanchez situation at Arsenal is resolved in the hope that they also renew their interest in the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Talisman wrote: »
    Totally overblown reaction - He has 5 clean sheets in 8 appearances this season. There are bigger problems than Karius to be resolved with the defence - Virgil's commanding presence may go a long way to resolving some of them.

If Virgil is given a decent centre back partner to work with then the goalkeeper may not prove to be the big issue to resolve.

Fair enough, but has Karius contributed majorly to those 5 clean sheets? How many saves did he make?

I'll agree that we have bigger concerns elsewhere - a top defensively minded midfielder should be top of the wanted list. But, imo, a top keeper is next on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Some fans are idiots. Why attack Shearer about his opinion, who cares.
    Well, attacking his family is bang out of order.

But Shearer will attract criticism when he is two faced.
    Tonight, "not a pen", "it's a physical game", "you can use your hands on someone", etc....
    Yet, he said a clear pen for the Lovern one.

As inconsistent as the refs he criticizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

He was world class for a period of time under Klopp. Average always under Rodgers, he had an amazing spell under Klopp where is was praised game in game out for his brilliance. It was a short lived spell of being world class.

hes only back after been out for a couple of months. he can get good again.

Hey I borked that news first, even included the source and a slightly wonky translation :mad: :p

I'm coming around to Mahrez if only to get another player Man Utd could actually make good use of.

Mourinho would hardly play to his strengths. Negative dour football.

Arsenal might be a good fit if Sanchez leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Seems like some of mr holgates homophobic tweets have come to light tonight after the derby. He has since deleted his twitter account.

It's Twitter, if you've got a big name you'll get abuse for saying anything, the fans acting up on there are idiots, but everyone knows that, it's not new or exclusive to any one group. Shearer's trying to make a far bigger deal out of it than there seems to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

He is a tool but there is no need to even try to engage with him. People need to not be so quick to attack Muppet's like shearer

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Seems like some of mr holgates homophobic tweets have come to light tonight after the derby. He has since deleted his twitter account.

Wow. Wasn't expecting that. Impressed with the ruthlessness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ricero wrote: »

It’ll be twisted to say he did it because of Liverpool fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The squad are flying out to Dubai for a quickie - Coutinho is not on the plane

The tweets from Holgate don't really matter, not exactly saying nice things but he was 15, kids are idiots.

Mr.H wrote: »
    He is a tool but there is no need to even try to engage with him. People need to not be so quick to attack Muppet's like shearer
    It's Twitter. There are people that are total scum bags (criminally); and it allows a method for them to message you. I don't know why anyone in the celeb world would have it open for anyone to post towards them.

Shearer's trying to make a far bigger deal out of it than there seems to be.
    The people attacking his family are only too delighted that he read it and it riled him up.
    Block and move on.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It’ll be twisted to say he did it because of Liverpool fans.
    Liverpool's army of "internet terrorists" strike again! Maybe he could form a support group with Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well, attacking his family is bang out of order.

But Shearer will attract criticism when he is two faced.
    Tonight, "not a pen", "it's a physical game", "you can use your hands on someone", etc....
    Yet, he said a clear pen for the Lovern one.

The personal attacks are unwarranted of course but Shearer is a pundit who needs to ensure there’s talking points for tv and radio at the BBC so is only happy to stir the pot when needed.
    He’s flip flopped on the penalties and he’s also said there shouldn’t be TMOs while he himself waits for multi angle slowed down relays before calling any5hing in hindsight.

What did Mason Holgate say on Twitter?

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    The personal attacks are warranted of course but Shearer is a pundit who needs to ensure there’s talking points for tv and radio at the BBC so is only happy to stir the pot when needed.
    He’s flip flopped on the penalties and he’s also said there shouldn’t be TMOs while he himself waits for multi angle slowed down relays before calling any5hing in hindsight.
    I'm guessing you meant "aren't warranted" :)

I have a feeling the Ox and VVD are going to combine for a few move set piece goals before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

L'Equipe saying Liverpool have made contact with Leicester about Mahrez.

The tweets from Holgate don't really matter, not exactly saying nice things but he was 15, kids are idiots.

Holgate was out of order tonight and Firmino's reputation as a person is at stake here so for me, all's fair and all that. No time for being soft. A 15 year old is hardly a kid not understanding what he's saying.

Tweets from 6 years ago he was what 14/15 years of age.

The sh1t I said at that age I would be locked up for today but I grew up and learned not to say sh1t like that.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mirror saying it was a ‘misunderstanding’ on Holgate’s part, and was cleared up by Everton staff at half time.

Should be some kind of ban for throwing around an accusation like that if it’s the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

L'Equipe saying Liverpool have made contact with Leicester about Mahrez.

I'd take Schmeichel from them too, tbh. And Gray, for sure.

Let's just make Leicester our new Southampton....

"Television evidence suggests however, that Holgate was mistaken, with pictures appearing to show Firmino apparently mouthing a Portuguese phrase “loco puta”, which roughly translates as ‘crazy mother******."

The sh1t I said at that age I would be locked up for today but I grew up and learned not to say sh1t like that.

I'm not going to get into a debate about what a 13 to 17 year old is capable of (I've a 15 year old nephew with a great head on his shoulders fwiw). As I said it's ugly stuff. But fact is Firmino's reputation is at stake much like Suarez's was. All is fair here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

The sh1t I said at that age I would be locked up for today......

Say no more...:p

Television evidence suggests however, that Holgate was mistaken, with pictures appearing to show Firmino apparently mouthing a Portuguese phrase “loco puta”, which roughly translates as ‘Puta bit butter on the spuds Andre ''

''FA to investigate whether Everton's Mason Holgate was radically amused by Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino ''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/05/fa-investigate-whether-evertons-mason-holgate-racially-abused/

Seems everyone is running with it.

It seems the ref went to report incident to 4th Official, that was what he was doing during match, reporting the allegation.

Any chance they can investigate Holgate for reckless endangerment for pushing Firmino into the crowd and the ref for not carding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

''FA to investigate whether Everton's Mason Holgate was radically amused by Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino ''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/05/fa-investigate-whether-evertons-mason-holgate-racially-abused/

It seems the ref went to report incident to 4th Official, that was what he was doing during match, reporting the allegation.

Madeley literally had his head in between the pair of them. If anything was said he would have heard it.

Think it's fairly clear that Firmino said "puta" in some form or other.

Is Holgate going to get his card for shoving someone over the advertising hoardings and into the crowd? Which was both unprovoked and dangerous.

Firmino's just lucky he wasn't pushed into the Everton fans or some aul lad with his infant son on his shoulder would start laying into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It's a non story, even with my very limited Portuguese it's very very clear what firmino says.

I doubt Holgate speaks Portuguese.

A mixup.

Holgate can just come out and apologise for the accusation and everyone move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Any chance they can investigate Holgate for reckless endangerment for pushing Firmino into the crowd and the ref for not carding him.

He could have murdered him

Television evidence suggests however, that Holgate was mistaken, with pictures appearing to show Firmino apparently mouthing a Portuguese phrase “loco puta”, which roughly translates as ‘Puta bit butter on the spuds Andre ''

:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement