Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Melissa Reddy is now running with the €120m up front and €40m in add-ons.

Kia Joorabchian is the agent dealing this he was behind all Tevez transfers and other player forced transfers.

Also the one who told Mascherano what to do to get out of Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This just typifies the type of fcukwit that social media represents. Gets caught rapid on the bullsh1t he claimed and then starts making wild accusations about how his family is being abused over same claims.

Yes, **** off indeed shearer and also to the two nutjobs that probably abused your family tonight.

Are you for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who else did not travel. Did Salah go, he's injured .Shirley he stayed at home to get prepared for City ?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Melissa Reddy is now running with the €120m up front and €40m in add-ons.

Kia Joorabchian is the agent dealing this he was behind all Tevez transfers and other player forced transfers.

Also the one who told Mascherano what to do to get out of Liverpool.

What's John Henry smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Raisins wrote: »
    What's John Henry smoking.

I really hope the club have a replacement coming in if coutinho is to go or we will look like a right bunch of wallies. It would be a very very stupid thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Had to be done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sammy selling the VVD goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sammy was just trying to stop his head exploding with joy IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The money is mega, but in the context of what Barca have paid for Dembele and it being January I would hope we could get more for him. If he goes a replacement of some description must be obtained though. I hope we have a target and I hope we'll get him, otherwise its a crazy decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

On the basis of what I saw last night, losing Coutinho at this point is going to be a massive loss.

Hopefully Klopp can re-jig things tactically to compensate. Or the club sign a suitable replacement.

If we lose Firmino for 5/6 games I dread to think how things will go.

• Advertisement

The Firmino and Coutinho partnership is what I'm worried most about. Firmino is going to suffer when he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Seaba wrote: »
    Regarding van Dijk, I was slightly disappointed he lost/misjudged so many headers from Pickfords kick outs. Calvin Lewin isn't small but he is not that good in the air.
    He had one dodgy, outside of the right foot, dink to Robertson, which Bolaise nearly got under control and if he did he was in, one on one.
    I know it was good to see him shouting at Karius but on at least one occasion, it was his ball to clear, not Karius. Shouting like Hendo means nothing if it's your responsibility.
    Bolaise also did him with a bit of trickery early in the first half, in our box.
    I am delighted we got him and for his first game he did well, especially the goal. I just don't think he "bossed it" as much as people say.

I have to say that this post in my opinion is a very fair and balanced summary of how VVD played. Maybe he didn't lose that many headers to Calvert-Lewin but other than that everything else is spot on. I'm not sure why you have taken some stick regards the post.

Yes, it was brilliant that he scored a late winner, dream stuff in fact, yes he had a very solid debut but it was not without it's flaws, it's totally understandable that he wasn't perfect, it was his first game, new team mates, new stadium etc, it was a very acceptable performance. It just seems some people want to claim he was Baresi-esque or something to try and justify the money spent, they imo are way over stating how good he was, let's hope he does turn on those type of performances eventually.

7.5/10 for me.

We all know as soon as we sell to Barca they will come out and talk of how cheaply we sold him and how they stole him. His value is 150m pounds, plus add ons. Not 95m what they're paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Maybe he didn't lose that many headers to Calvert-Lewin
    Nothing maybe about it, he didn't lose that many headers.
    He dominated aerially, looked to cause trouble when balls came into their box, and scored the winner. That's a pretty good night. Baresi wasn't flawless, neither will VVD.

Don't think the poster was given stick, but slightly knocking the performance based off incorrect stats isn't a good way to start an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I would be both astonished and apalled if we don't sign some sort of attacking player if Coutinho leaves.

I'm not sure either Mahrez or Lemar are what we need most of all and with the often excellent link up between Bob and the other forwards, as well as Keita still to come in, I think we can manage from a play-making perspective so I'd still prefer a CF and for Firmino to drop a little deeper. As it is he shines outside the box most of all.

We've plenty of pace, dribbling and movement in the buildup but we're lacking in absolute mutants in front of goal.
    We're good at making easy chances and we're decent at scoring really hard chances, but there's a midground of bread and butter chances that you tend to see the likes of Kane or Aguero finish off consistently that we're not as accomplished at.

If there's no CFs about we still do need someone though.
    Lallana will be 30 by next season and we've probably 1 other forward long term in Solanke (and I wouldn't make any bets that he's going to succeed at this point), so a top class attacker of any stripe is important for this season and will have plenty of room to be accomodated in the coming years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One thing I loved about VVD was about how calm he was about everything and it looked like the others need to get used to this calm that he brought.
    Him and Robertson worked very well last night together.

Nothing maybe about it, he didn't lose that many headers.
    He dominated aerially, looked to cause trouble when balls came into their box, and scored the winner. That's a pretty good night. Baresi wasn't flawless, neither will VVD.

Don't think the poster was given stick, but slightly knocking the performance based off incorrect stats isn't a good way to start an opinion.

The poster took it well, but there was some condescending posts towards him.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

I have to say that this post in my opinion is a very fair and balanced summary of how VVD played.
    7.5/10 for me.

That's funny - I was going to give him the same rating in my first post but thought that might have been going too far!
    In fairness if he puts in a 7.5/8 on a regular basis I'll be more than happy.
    All I hope right now is we keep Coutinho until the summer. He is the only one who can pick a pass on a regular basis to release one of the front three - they are lost without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We all know as soon as we sell to Barca they will come out and talk of how cheaply we sold him and how they stole him. His value is 150m pounds, plus add ons. Not 95m what they're paying.

€120m is £105m.

Edit: Looks like £142m according to Joyce.

Seaba wrote: »
    That's funny - I was going to give him the same rating in my first post but thought that might have been going too far!
    In fairness if he puts in a 7.5/8 on a regular basis I'll be more than happy.
    All I hope right now is we keep Coutinho until the summer. He is the only one who can pick a pass on a regular basis to release one of the front three - they are lost without him.

Yea I was gonna go with 7/10 but the goal tipped the scales a bit!

I think the Coutinho ship has sailed unfortunately, I've gone from thinking no way is he being sold in Jan to the complete opposite, I'd be amazed now if he stays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Telegraph reporting Coutinho deal agreed.

£142M says Joyce.

£142M says Joyce.

I really hope we have a replacement coming in soon or i like many i presume will be ****ing livid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Theres no way we can't replace him this window, absolutely unforgivable if we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Yeah was coming on here to ask heard deal is done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

£142M says Joyce.

Id say done deal now

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ricero wrote: »
    I really hope we have a replacement coming in soon or i like many i presume will be ****ing livid.

Been reading some rumours about Mahrez and that we've made contact already. But I don't see him as a like for like replacement, Mahrez would just be battling with Salah for that left sided slot.

Bold bold choice from me, but I'd try to nab Mickyterian from Utd.
    I think he's excellent, not sure why he's not playing over there. Similar thing with Kagawa, brilliant players in that position, either of which I would take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Made my peace with him leaving in the summer so not all too upset about it right now, hopefully we make some big signings this month anyway.

I hope he flops at Barca tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

160 million euro, huge pile of cash in fairness.

Made my peace with him leaving in the summer so not all too upset about it right now, hopefully we make some big signings this month anyway.

I hope he flops at Barca tbh.
    I am disappointed cause it’s mid season. Tougher time to lose a player, and tougher to replace him (and with non cup tied players).
    Not bothered how he does at Barca (good or bad, but suspect he’ll do very well). He was bought cheaply, he and the club made him the player he is now. The timing sucks, but everyone will move on.

Your never happy so I was expecting you to complain about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

cant complain about fee at all.

But very disapointing to lose him now.

i wouldn't be spending 90m on Lemar as a replacement. Good player but way off Coutinho's level.
    I don't think we will get anyone in this window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

****ing **** anyway

klose wrote: »
    Two top class players. When you have money, clubs raise prices.
    The Neymar transfer has blown everything up.

• Advertisement

Bale was the highest transfer fee paid to a British club at £77m, this is almost double that at £142m.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Your never happy so I was expecting you to complain about this.

Just feel its amateur hour stuff again by the club. Every tom dick and harry knows we have a boat load of cash now and will fleech us when we try buy this month. Should of had the deal done for his replacement before we sold coutinho to barca.

Also i was very happy last night.

MD1990 wrote: »

i wouldn't be spending 90m on Lemar as a replacement. Good player but way off Coutinho's level.

We can't buy players on Coutinho's level, there aren't that many of them and the ones there are are already at big clubs. Lemar may not be as good as Coutinho but he's still a player that would start for most top teams and he's only 22.

I thought he'd hang around until the summer to be honest and I'm disappointed he's gone now but not nearly to the same level as when Suarez and Alonso left.

Jesus £142m is crazy money.

Just feel its amateur hour stuff again by the club. Every tom dick and harry knows we have a boat load of cash now and will fleech us when we try buy this month. Should of had the deal done for his replacement before we sold coutinho to barca.

Everyone knew we'd have money anyway, if Coutinho wasn't going now he'd go in a few weeks, or a few months. When Liverpool tries to buy a player clubs aren't going to think "oh well they haven't sold Coutinho yet so we won't ask them for much money"

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »

Possibly might have to deduct next year's CL money from that yet. As it might cost us exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lallana will need to step up pretty quickly so to fill the gap, i know he's only back from injury but he was pretty poor last night.

Good luck to Phil. He kept playing for the team, levels never dropped...infact he's probably been the best he's ever been for us the past few months! Its just a pity its the tapping up sh*tehawks Barcelona that are gonna benefit from him now!
    And a tip of the hat to a certain B.Rodgers.... 8m a few years back to over 140m now. what a spot young man!!

It is a bit farcical that we're selling one of our best players in the middle of a season when we have lots to play for, Barca are tickling our belly and yet we can't even get Leipzig to hand over Keita until the summer, it does make us look small time in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why sell him now? He will be worth just as much in the summer. Probably more actually considering this is his best season so far. This has the potential to derail our season. You wouldn't see Manchester Utd, Man City or Chealsea selling their best player halfway through a season.

And selling our best players has never worked out for us, regardless of how high the fee - Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Suarez, Sterling and now Coutiniho. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Curly haired twát. Fúck barca too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Never rated him anyway.

My main concern would be him leaving and Holgate’s antics speeding up the main man’s exit.

Tusky wrote: »
    Why sell him now? He will be worth just as much in the summer. Probably more actually considering this is his best season so far. This has the potential to derail our season. You wouldn't see Manchester Utd, Man City or Chealsea selling their best player halfway through a season. Very frustrating.

One thing is for certain. Man U, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal will all be loving this. They will see Liverpool as substantially weakened now. At least in the short term.

Also i was very happy last night.

There is nothing amateur hour about it. He wanted out, I assume Klopp wanted him gone (that his head has been turned) and the club got £142m from a notoriously stingy club when they were the only bidder.

Frankly you throw around this amateur hour stuff way to often and I assume you are quite young and probably played a bit too much FM over the years.

Worst part about this is that we don't play again for another 12 days so it's all we're gonna hear about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Imagine how much Mata must be worth.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement