Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Liverpool site f**ked, should invest in a little extra capacity also with Coutinho funds

A new stand
    😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Speak Now wrote: »
    Yes

This happens all the time, ye even see abuse given to refs. If all he did was give abuse to a player who pushed him into the stands (no rascism) then a ban would be a joke

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Excellent statement. Club and management kept him as long as possible and it is down to Cout why he is leaving now.

Yeah, what can you do if a player has his heart set on joining one of the big 2 clubs in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    If we do that I'll be delighted.

Not sure we will this window, but hopefully between this and the summer one.

No I don't expect it to be all done in this window but over this window nad next summer I would expect it to be done and one or two more added to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I think Mahrez under Klopp's guidance would pleasantly surprise a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

fyfe79 wrote: »
    In fairness, that's a great statement from Klopp.

Fantastic. I share his sentiment in that we are in our best shape as a club as we have in years. Quite possibly in my lifetime.

Rafa had a great core, but he never had the financial clout to push on. We do now. The platform we have with our manager, squad, revenue streams, European football etc is all fantastic.

Let's not lose sight of where we are, what we've come from, and where this club is ultimately trying to head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

The Nike ad was right.
    Philippe-Coutinho.jpg

Quick we still have 5 hours to buy the jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    Fantastic. I share his sentiment in that we are in our best shape as a club as we have in years. Quite possibly in my lifetime.

Rafa had a great core, but he never had the financial clout to push on. We do now. The platform we have with our manager, squad, revenue streams, European football etc is all fantastic.

Let's not lose sight of where we are, what we've come from, and where this club is ultimately trying to head.

Agree with this. Him going when we had ‘The Rodgers’ in charge would’ve been a disaster, but we are in a much better position to handle it now.

Klopp has always been happy to let players go who don't want to play for him or his club.

Coutinho didn't want to play and from that statement we can see he had made is mind up so let him go because if you keep him his negativity will start to spread within the squad.

We have a squad of player now who want to play for Liverpool and Klopp no need to keep those who don't want to be part of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nice statement from Klopp. This is his biggest test as LFC manager. Selling our best players hasn't worked out for his predecessors, getting the right player/s to replace Coutinho a massive challenge now. I have doubts that we'll see them in Jan and that could backfire badly. We are in a great position for top 4, it would be a shame to not push on because of this.

I'm sure we'll do all we can to get a deal done in Jan for our targets, and I'm sure Klopp is confident of delivering top 4 either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Let's not now go looking for an Andy Carroll level replacement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

As long as the cash is re-invested in the squad i don't care

Too in-consistant for me , yes this season hes been better , but overall very inconsistant to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Personally, f*ck the money. Always better to hold onto top talent.
    When the window closed last summer I was happy enough knowing/assuming he'd be going next summer, to lose him in Jan is a balls & puts the teams chance of getting top 4 sections in jeopardy. Back to back top 4 finished would have helped attract new players.

Only positive I see is that Liverpool still have the entire window to buy a replacement (even more guessing that this transfer wasn't sprung on them in the last few days).
    That said, if the player Klopp wants isn't available, he'll probably hold out till summer, beats blowing the cash just for the sake of it.

Coutinho's true value between now & summer will be felt in the goalscoring numbers, I'm not overly confident that those numbers will remain as high without his services.
    With a bit of luck, VVD on board will mean a few less at the other end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I don't think we will buy anyone this window and with the fees we will be asked for, I won't be complaining about it

This squad is better than the one that came 4th last year

That said I would love Mahrez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Klopp:

“Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

The even his team mates bit is a strange thing to say, makes you wonder just how much of a stink Phil was kicking up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Hidalgo wrote: »
    guessing that this transfer wasn't sprung on them in the last few days
    The Nike mix up showed that this was in the works for a while, which may explain the VVD transfer.
    Hope we’re also targeted another attacking mid to replace him; lots of games to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The even his team mates bit is a strange thing to say, makes you wonder just how much of a stink Phil was kicking up.

I imagine there will be a fair few articles in the media over the next few days where some of this will come out. Lot of questions be be answered yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Touch down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Mane turned utd down to play with us and Klopp.
    Ketia turned down Barca to play with us and Klopp.
    VVD turned down City to play for us and Klopp.
    Ox turned down a new contract and Chelsea to play for us and Klopp.
    Salah wanted to join us and play for Klopp.

Things at the club are on the up and when all is said and done we got stupid money for a player who isn't world class yet.
    My worry is what happens when one of the European giants is on the lookout for a new, charismatic manager with a flamboyant style and for whom players want to perform...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Personally, f*ck the money. Always better to hold onto top talent.
    When the window closed last summer I was happy enough knowing/assuming he'd be going next summer, to lose him in Jan is a balls & puts the teams chance of getting top 4 sections in jeopardy. Back to back top 4 finished would have helped attract new players.

Only positive I see is that Liverpool still have the entire window to buy a replacement (even more guessing that this transfer wasn't sprung on them in the last few days).
    That said, if the player Klopp wants isn't available, he'll probably hold out till summer, beats blowing the cash just for the sake of it.

Coutinho's true value between now & summer will be felt in the goalscoring numbers, I'm not overly confident that those numbers will remain as high without his services.
    With a bit of luck, VVD on board will mean a few less at the other end

VVD will score a few from set pieces that we wouldn't have done it the past also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

NukaCola wrote: »
    Nice statement from Klopp. This is his biggest test as LFC manager. Selling our best players hasn't worked out for his predecessors, getting the right player/s to replace Coutinho a massive challenge now. I have doubts that we'll see them in Jan and that could backfire badly. We are in a great position for top 4, it would be a shame to not push on because of this.

I'm sure we'll do all we can to get a deal done in Jan for our targets, and I'm sure Klopp is confident of delivering top 4 either way.

For me I wouldn't go all out for a like for like replacement right now. Go for a really good CM who can slot straight into the first 11 (don't ask me who though).

A CM with VVD should surely add a little more composure and would help eek out those close games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

naughtb4 wrote: »

How much would you love him?

I'd say no more that £40M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If ox was 40 mharez is 60 easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

And then some with the money we have now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

How long does Mahrez have left on his contract, anyone know?

shaunr68 wrote: »
    My worry is what happens when one of the European giants is on the lookout for a new, charismatic manager with a flamboyant style and for whom players want to perform...

Klopp has always struck me as a man of his word and one who will honour his contract which has another 5 season to run after this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

When anyone sees the Coutinho price add a minimum 20 million more.

how about £30M & Sturridge & Markovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

naughtb4 wrote: »

About the same, I 40M love him :-)

how about £30M & Sturridge & Markovic

Sturridge and Vardy up front for LCFC would be interesting.

Vardy who would run through a wall to score a goal and Sturridge who looks at a wall and gets injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Raisins wrote: »
    Danny Murphy also said the Everton fan dancing with his crutches won't get his disability benefit now. His face was clearly identifiable on national television. Slam dunk defamation publicised to a massive audience if that fan has any sense the BBC will be getting the cheque book out. Also maybe it was funny, I don't want to start moralising but given the anti scouser songs sang by other fans every week that was a really stupid thing for any ex player to say about a football supporter supporting any club from Liverpool.

Those idiot pundits last night were a licence to print money.

Thought it was funny when he said it.. Not sure why you would be so concerned about the possibility of legal action against the BBC.
    Being a scouser at heart, Murphy was only taking part in the humorous mickey taking commentary which underpins any large gathering of reds fans.
    Murphys not the worst, he was having the craic and yes you are moralising - your world view is flagrantly sanctimonious if your only concerns are the legal culpability of the BBC or anti scouser songs.

How long does Mahrez have left on his contract, anyone know?

Just checked.... contract expires in summer 2019. So he'll cost quite a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Liverpool will offer a 50 quid voucher for anyone who bought a jersey with Coutinhos name on it through official channels

Just checked.... contract expires in summer 2019.

18 months now, 12 months in summer with his price falling daily, they might want/need to cash in now (or this summer) to get as much as they can for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

18 months now, 12 months in summer with his price falling daily, they might want/need to cash in now (or this summer) to get as much as they can for him.

Say he will also do a couthino on it when he hears of interest too

He'd definitely be up for a move to LFC you'd think. Not CL-tied either.

Pearce:
    "Some people will use this as a way to bash owners, but this is Klopp's decision, especially as the whole idea of Coutinho not wanting to be there originally didn't sit well with him. Klopp decided that he wasn't keen on going through this again,coupled by the financial package

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/farewell-philippe-coutinho-what-should-14122268

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I fcukin detest Barcelona,a horrible club

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

shamrock55 wrote: »

In fairness I say we would be trying to do the same if we were in there position. We kind of did it with VVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I think a lot of people will be disappointed as the money from Barca has been spent on VVD and Keita.

I'm a bit annoyed that Phil didn't stay until the summer. He could have left a bit of a hero if he'd stayed and helped win a cup and/or secured a champs league spot.

He leaves now looking a bit like a spoilt child and has not achieved anything at the club.

I don't begrudge him the move, but there are ways to do things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Never rated him anyway.

My main concern would be him leaving and Holgate’s antics speeding up the main man’s exit.

Who would buy firmino?

Former Espanyol player joins Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

People are desperately trying to spin positives, I don't think there is any, we sold one of our best players in the middle of the season, simple as that. Huge risk to be taking regards our top 4 potential this season, even if players are lined up already no guarantees that they'll fit in seamlessly. It's a bit shambolic.

Honestly, thank **** we signed Ox in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yes they are. But I’d still prefer them over Real Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I think a lot of people will be disappointed as the money from Barca has been spent on VVD and Keita.

I'm a bit annoyed that Phil didn't stay until the summer. He could have left a bit of a hero if he'd stayed and helped win a cup and/or secured a champs league spot.

He leaves now looking a bit like a spoilt child and has not achieved anything at the club.

I don't begrudge him the move, but there are ways to do things.

Disappointed that anyone supposedly clued up about the club would think this is the case. Coutinho did not frame the last tranche of transfers - Salah, Kieta, VVD and Ox_Cham were all budgeted for last year. Coutinho's money will be part of the balance sheet for the next couple of years.

Inter get €2.4m from the sell on clause they inserted when they sold Coutinho to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

It's the holier than thou image they project that annoys me. At least Real Madrid are honest about being cun*s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Inter get €2.4m from the sell on clause they inserted when they sold Coutinho to us.

What a ****e sell on clause that was:pac:

****ing FSG amateur hour again. Disaster.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement